• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Changes/Additions you would make in an update to SwSh

Considering the only ball/bomb move Slowbro gets is Sludge Bomb, I'd say it's much better off the way it is now.

Overpowered? It just clears effects, it's not that OP.

but is realy very overused, they could let other moves have role or make addictions to other moves...
like Inferno... could destroy terrains maybe instead?

we have Brick Break and Psychic Fang to remove screens,
... now addition in steel roller to remove terrains...

I think it's a shame they didn't give Kubfu/Urshifu an exclusive move whereby the damage dealt is determined by how you execute a series of button combinations within a certain time limit. That would have been really fun imo.

Ugh no, button combos are a pain in the ass.

Giving me flashbacks to the fight in Final Fantasy 6 where you have to perform Sabin's Blitz move for the first time and how me, my brother, and my grandparents couldn't figure out the proper timing for the longest time.

Also a fast way to trigger my anxiety and make me screw up is to throw a QTE PRESS BUUTONNE NAO on the screen.

Give Piers (and the whole game in general) Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves
I really thought they'd bring back Z-moves with the IoA's tropical vibe and that guy with the diglets but nope. >.<

Give Piers (and the whole game in general) Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves
I feel like giving Piers Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves would kinda ruin his whole shtick. He's about a more "down-to-earth" style of battling, for a lack of better terms, where it's just the Pokemon, no flashy gimmicks, which ME and Z-moves run counter to in my opinion.

I feel like giving Piers Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves would kinda ruin his whole shtick. He's about a more "down-to-earth" style of battling, for a lack of better terms, where it's just the Pokemon, no flashy gimmicks, which ME and Z-moves run counter to in my opinion.

Its not surprising that is what makes Piers my favorite Galar character and imo, Piers is the strongest trainer in Galar since he knows how to fight without resorting to Gigamax and Dynamax.

Intelleon and poison TMs come on... acid spray and acid bomb...

I hope the new bird trio in Crown T expansion will get also more... Galarian Moltres needs some fire coverage.

If they plan some new moves in Crown T then hope

protect/shield moves that cause:
- freeze,
-switching user out,
-switching target out

Last edited:
Someone must have mentioned it before, but I'd love it if you have a person or NPC's trainer card, you'll get them as allies during Raids.
Maybe have the first pokemon in their party list be the one they always send out.

I just want card exchanging to feel like something important, same as collecting them from NPCs.
And for us to not have garbo AI companions... Looking at you Martin with your constant need to make your Solrock spam Cosmic Power... >_>

Last edited:
I think it's a shame they didn't give Kubfu/Urshifu an exclusive move whereby the damage dealt is determined by how you execute a series of button combinations within a certain time limit. That would have been really fun imo.
I think we need to think about accessibility. Pokémon is a videogame where people with motor problems can play rather easily. Adding button combinations in an important thing like an attack would ruin that aspect of the game.
My opinion

I really hate games that force button mash combos or timing button pressed on cut scenes, I realise that it’s to try to make it more interactive and immersive but it has the complete opposite effect on me, takes me out of the moment and feels like a cheap gimmick so I’d hate if Pokémon introduced moves that require more than just selection.

Yeah nintendo is bad enough when it comes to accessibility with their dumb waggle controls they've had since the wii. My girlfriend (who has a degenerative muscular disease) hasn't been able to play a Main console nintendo game since the gamecube and that was before her disease got worse and took away all but the use of her little fingers. (and yet still she's better at many ps4 games compared to me lmao I am godawful at games)

And can you imagine the difficulty with button inputs being done correctly with the switch's beloved joycon control stick drift? "I'm sorry, the input is A B X X Y X A A B. The control sick must be in perfect neutral for the whole duration. Input failed!"

I think we need to think about accessibility. Pokémon is a videogame where people with motor problems can play rather easily. Adding button combinations in an important thing like an attack would ruin that aspect of the game.
My opinion

There's always an option to turn that option off or just not use the pokemon or move? As long as its not a requirement I don't see how that's a problem?

Or, the normal way would be the default option and if you really wanted that for some reason you could turn it on. I hate whenever people imply that the change should be the default and the normal way is what needs to be turned on.

Also the move would also probably be more powerful than other moves. So not using it would be a major handicap. Like not using dynamaxing against a dynamaxed pokemon.

Or, the normal way would be the default option and if you really wanted that for some reason you could turn it on. I hate whenever people imply that the change should be the default and the normal way is what needs to be turned on.

Why would they introduce something new but make it something optional? Oh wait, megas were practically optional outside of that one battle with Korina.

Also the move would also probably be more powerful than other moves. So not using it would be a major handicap. Like not using dynamaxing against a dynamaxed pokemon.

Uh, there are other powerful moves though? Like Pokemon isn't the kind of game where there is only one way to beat the game. There are hundreds of pokemon you can chose?

Why would they introduce something new but make it something optional? Oh wait, megas were practically optional outside of that one battle with Korina.
Because accessibility is involved. Motion controls should be optional, and it’s clear that Nintendo has begun to realise it when Ultra Warp ride had two control modes. It just creates a precedent for moves with subjective power based on your reflexes and "just use something else" if you can’t.

It’s pretty unfair to restrict a few moves to such a thing when we know for a fact that if it happens, it’s going to happen to a really viable or prominent move. They’d want to incentivise its use as much as possible, so it becomes more difficult to avoid it, or in case of competitive, specially prepare counters against the Pokémon in question. Imagine if you couldn’t use Behemoth Blade against Dynamaxed Pokémon in max raids? It’s an important tool, and one of the very few ways for solo players to raid.

They're talking about the battle where you're forced to use Lucario. You can theoretically win without Mega Lucario, but it is pretty hard.

She will challenge you again until you actually use mega evolution.

Because accessibility is involved. Motion controls should be optional, and it’s clear that Nintendo has begun to realise it when Ultra Warp ride had two control modes. It just creates a precedent for moves with subjective power based on your reflexes and "just use something else" if you can’t.

It’s pretty unfair to restrict a few moves to such a thing when we know for a fact that if it happens, it’s going to happen to a really viable or prominent move. They’d want to incentivise its use as much as possible, so it becomes more difficult to avoid it, or in case of competitive, specially prepare counters against the Pokémon in question. Imagine if you couldn’t use Behemoth Blade against Dynamaxed Pokémon in max raids? It’s an important tool, and one of the very few ways for solo players to raid.

The GO catching method in LGPE being the default pretty much invalidates your first paragraph.

Regarding your second paragraph, I still don't think it's unfair. My point is that there are almost a thousand other pokemons to chose from and hundreds of moves that can be combined together in a million ways to counter ONE power up move that involves some motor skills. Mega Rayquaza can be beat. Cinderace with Libero can be beat as well. Even if it is incentivised, it is not the be all and end all as there are many other options that can be considered. The Behemoth Blade example does little for your argument imo because it shows that strong moves are important for single player modes. In fact, it could prove to be a viable alternative so that everyone can play the game in their own uniquely different ways and have fun while they are at it. Ultimately it is just a matter of balancing and choice.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom