• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Changes/Additions you would make in an update to SwSh

would add a new move if I could
Spirit fire - ghost type, special, increased priority, hits 2 to 5 times, each hit 15, power 75 ,
can cause a burn(bomb and blast category, japanese name would by spirit fire gun )

what fairy type pokemon could get the Regenerator ability??? Aromatise or Slurpuff??? or a new one?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ldkm0Q6HlA

what pokemon would you nerf or buff if you could? and how? the Galar new ones especially?

Last edited:
They should change it so if you're not connected to the internet on the Y-Comm and if you choose "Invite Others" in a Max Raid battle, it asks you if you want to connect to the internet. Usually when I reset the game, I forget that I'm on local connection only and end up waiting forever only for no one to show up and it irritates me to no end.

I came up with this idea in another thread, and thought it was worth sharing here too. Sordward and Shielbert should have made a couple of brief appearances throughout the main story, so it that it wouldn't have been so out of the blue when they became the main antagonists in the postgame. They could have been seen hanging around the ancient monuments or even having a few confrontations with Sonia while she's conducting her research. Eagle-eyed players would expect Sordward and Shielbert to become significant later, then wonder why they didn't appear in the game's climax, and then finally be rewarded for their close observation when the "weirdos" reappear in the postgame as major characters. It just would have been so much more satisfying this way.

I came up with this idea in another thread, and thought it was worth sharing here too. Sordward and Shielbert should have made a couple of brief appearances throughout the main story, so it that it wouldn't have been so out of the blue when they became the main antagonists in the postgame. They could have been seen hanging around the ancient monuments or even having a few confrontations with Sonia while she's conducting her research. Eagle-eyed players would expect Sordward and Shielbert to become significant later, then wonder why they didn't appear in the game's climax, and then finally be rewarded for their close observation when the "weirdos" reappear in the postgame as major characters. It just would have been so much more satisfying this way.
Oh, kinda like Joshua's cameo in the beginning of The World Ends with You. I like it.

On the one hand, having them appear sprinkled throughout the story would be rather satisfying and also make more sense compared to saving them for the post game. Sonia was researching the Darkest Day, yet didn’t contact the actual descendants of the heroes when you’d think that would be beneficial to her research. The brothers or their family might have had family heirlooms or stories that came from that event, and might have shed more light on what transpired. While they would probably give a distorted account, Sonia would most likely either not realize that yet, or find the nugget of truth hidden in all the lies.

On the other hand, in my opinion Sordward and Shielbert are some of the worst characters in Pokemon. They made me insanely annoyed at not only them, but also at the other characters who grew annoying as a result (Hop calling them weirdos really irritated me, probably because A. they don't strike me as weird, just arrogant, and B. it felt like the writers were trying too hard to get me to dislike the characters) and at the writers who seemed to think their audience wouldn't understand that they weren't supposed to like the brothers if they weren't so ridiculously exaggerated. It may sound silly, but I felt as though my intelligence was being insulted.

Now that I think about it, the way they are handled in the story reminds me a lot of Leon, what with extreme exaggerations and the writers really wanting the player to feel a certain way about the character(s).

(Hop calling them weirdos really irritated me, probably because A. they don't strike me as weird, just arrogant

I mean I'm pretty sure most people are going to see two dudes walking around in vibrant suits with haircuts that have literal big dick energy and think "those guys are weird"

(although can I just take a moment to say that in making this comment, I'm reflecting back on the character designs for this generation and like... I really like how they've walked back a lot of the more outrageous, anime-esque stuff from the last few generations, like Colress's hair. Most of the SwSh characters have relatively down-to-earth hairstyles and colors, and the ones that don't usually have a good in-universe reason for it - Piers is a punk with a very alternative style, and Swordbert are precisely the kinds of out-of-touch aristocrats that would unironically wear high fashion designs on the reg, and even their hairstyles take a more realistic cue from macaroni wigs, as opposed to Colress and Ghetsis's random cowlicks. or Saturn's cat ears. The exception to this is Leon, Hop, and Mustard, although with Leon/Hop it's just the color that's inexplicably fantastical, and for Mustard idk I think it's just too priceless a moment when he takes off his hat does a 720° leap into the sky and unveils that. Fits right in with The Isle of Armor's general tone and sense of humor.)

and at the writers who seemed to think their audience wouldn't understand that they weren't supposed to like the brothers if they weren't so ridiculously exaggerated.

This feels like kind of a bad-faith assumption to me. Game Freak's story composers have written countless different kinds of villains by now. I'm pretty sure they understand these sorts of narrative mechanics. Bede is in the same game as Sordbert and wasn't as over-the-top as them, but it's still clear that he's written in such a way as to make you view him as pompous and rude. Rose and Oleana are in the same game and are supposed to seem on the up-and-up but with a shade of nefariousness in there. There's a range of depictions present that don't suggest these writers are clueless as to how to signal that a character isn't necessarily meant to be liked. Sordbert are insufferable and full of themselves because that comes with the territory of what they, conceptually, are - a pampered royal family with celebrity status.

I feel like the little arc after Spikemuth gym where Dynamax pokemon allegedly appeared all of a sudden though they were swiftly defeated by Leon should have definitely been a cut scene. We got to see none of it and it just made that whole arc feel really lame.
That would had been great.

I think I wish they would have done something to counteract den manipulation, because I think it has massively devalued Shinies. I've pretty much stopped joining online raids (I will still host them from time to time, because I can guarantee that I'm not doing any manipulation, and sometimes I do need a little extra help in taking down a boss), because even though I love the format, running into probably-manipulated Shiny raids all the time kinda sucks the fun out of it. I don't get much of a thrill from helping people catch their borderline-cheated trophymons. I'll look at my Trainer Card sometimes and it says like, "48 Shiny Pokémon encountered," and that number is just meaningless to me because so many of those were most likely illegitimate.

Whereas, I still love the handful of Shinies that I know I actually got through luck (Corviknight, Gardevoir, Frosmoth, Exploud, Appletun) or hard work (Morpeko, Maractus).

I still haven't completed my Pokedex because I'm missing Slurpuff and Aromatisse...
Just in case you aren't aware, Slurpuff and Aromatisse are catchable in a few raids. I think Serebii lists the dens, along with their chances of appearing.

Just in case you aren't aware, Slurpuff and Aromatisse are catchable in a few raids. I think Serebii lists the dens, along with their chances of appearing.

And they're very rare there. I've tried to get a Slurpuff, but no matter how many wishing pieces I throw in a correct den, it won't show up. And Aromatisse does not appear in Sword. And every time I see a max raid for it in my Y-comm feed, it's locked behind a dumb code.

Oh I would randomise the matchups for the Championship Cup. It's a bit of a downer really.

I feel like Slurpuff and Aromatisse could have been a 5% chance overworld encounter in the wild area, making them a little bit less rare, but still enough for players to consider doing trades for them if Game Freak really wants to keep the pointless "version exclusive" thing.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom