• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Changes/Additions you would make in an update to SwSh

Did we really need an EXP Charm atop of the mandatory EXP All? I really wish I could turn the features off entirely like we could before. It also screws with the EV investment Pokémon unnecessarily get.
I also hold the same opinion. At the very least, make it so that the auto-EXP All doesn't grant EVs to all of your party members; it would make things more fair and easier to manage.

I'd've put Gogoat in the Dex. Experts tell me there are indeed goats in England, and with the new prevalence of Grassy Terrain, Grass Pelt would've been fun to play around with.

Look, I just really like Gogoat, okay?

673MS6.png

For me, the graphics needs improvement, the price of the DLC and the base game needs to be lowered and the Dynamaxed Pokemon needs have unique designs instead of just enlarging it. I can go into other things but I just select a few issues.

Last edited:
More cutscences during the Eternatus battle, Hop angst after the Darkest Day and some better attack animations. Also make the routes longer and less linear.

I think the battle backgrounds and model scaling should have been designed with Eternatus' two forms in mind, because it's one of the most important Pokemon in the game and deserved to be shown in its monstrous, full-size glory.

Eternatus is quite a sight to behold during the Darkest Day, but once caught, it loses a lot of its splendour. Its in-game model is much too small (at 65'07", its regular form is meant to be larger than some Gigantamax Pokemon), it can't change into its Eternamax form apart from during an attack animation, and it can't even undergo a regular Dynamax transformation to grow to the size it should have been. It's classed as the Gigantic Pokemon and is said to be the origin of Dynamax, yet it looks tiny and can't benefit from the very phenomenon it gave rise to.

I don't understand why the Eternamax form wasn't made available, unless it's because the model was so big it wouldn't fit in the stadiums. The high stats can't have been the issue, because Game Freak could have made them lower and given it a temporary boost during the boss battle instead, like they did with Ultra Necrozma, if they'd wanted to.

Last edited:
Just before the release of CT, there was some speculation/suggestion that we would receive Sonia's League Card, which unfortunately did not come to pass. This seems like kind of a minor blind spot to me - we know that Sonia was once a Trainer herself, and the League Cards are a good way of getting to know a bit more about the characters. Were there to be any kind of update to SwSh, I'd have Sonia give us her pair of League Cards, with the Rare League Card being given to you after a casual post-game battle against her.

For team ideas, I'm quite tempted to say Yamper (with an Eviolite just to make it not as much of a gag member) should be on her team. It's clear from Leon's dialogue that the Yamper we see is the very same one that traveled with her during her Gym Challenge, so it's not like the offspring of a fully evolved Boltund or anything. Plus, I think it would be novel to have a main character who deiberately uses an unevolved Pokémon for once (not counting stuff like Brock's Onix where it was fully evolved in the context that introduced it). If not, then maybe Yamper could just stand on the side while Sonia uses a team of 5, kind of like Zinnia and her Whismur in ORAS. Anyway, after that, maybe it'd be fun to use the various Pokémon-themed decorations around her room as an inspiration, but I'm more drawn to that Butterfree sketch on her corkboard. Butterfree is one of the few Gigantamax Pokémon that aren't used by anyone in the game, so there's room for it to be the final Pokémon she sends out.

Based on Yamper and Butterfree, I'm starting to like the idea of her using a bunch of early-route Pokémon, like say Thievul, Greedent, Unfezant, and, oh, maybe Pangoro, since that's in the early part of the Wild Area (and with Thievul on her team, you'd know how it evolved from a Pancham). Not the most exciting lineup, but to me, it feels like it fits her personality. Or maybe you could give her a Boltund - another early-route mon, and more fitting than Pangoro - and say that it's actually the offspring of her original Yamper or a second one that she caught since she liked her original Yamper the way it was.

I don't understand why the Eternamax form wasn't made available, unless it's because the model was so big it wouldn't fit in the stadiums.

They probably wanted it to just be a special visual signifier to raise the spectacle of the boss battle, kind of like Mother Beast Lusamine or so many other One-Winged Angel forms in other game series. Although some hackers actually have played around with putting the Eternamax form into situations outside of the Climax Raid Battle and apparently it does cause the camera to do some awkward things.

*I've been avoiding spoilers for the DLC so forgive me if this has already been said*

From what I hear about the Star Tournament thingy, you cannot face off against opposite version exclusive Gym Leaders. If this is true then it's a wasted opportunity to see interactions from certain combinations - especially Gordie and Melony where the unique dialogue might shed some light on the current status of their relationship. Plus it would give players an opportunity to actually see and fight the Gym Leaders from the other version.

So yeah, that's what I would change. :unsure:

I would have given the three original Regis their own signature moves to go along with the fact that the other three Regis also have signature moves.

Self Sculpture
Type: Rock | Category: Status
Power: --
Accuracy: --
10 PP
Regirock assimilates spare stones to restore half its maximum HP.

Permafrost Blast
Type: Ice | Category: Special
Power: 150
Accuracy: 90%
5 PP
Regice launches a powerful icy blast at the opponent. It can’t move on the next turn.

Molten Iron Body
Type: Steel | Category: Physical
Power: 80
Accuracy: 100%
10 PP
Makes contact
Registeel heats up its own body into molten hot iron, then slams into its target. The higher its Special Defense, the more damage it can inflict on the target.

Yes, all three signature moves are based on their Pokédex entries. They are also variations of existing moves.

Last edited:
Definetely change the level design of Hammerlocke Stadium. It is just battle, the player doesn't need to move an inch. Looks more like a first gym for the first generations, ridiculous to be the last stadium in Galar.

To make it worse, you can get the last badge five minutes after the previous one. The path is very straightforward, while in other games the road to the last badge comprises a significant amount of story and the last confrontation against the villainous organization.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone has suggested this, but I would for the transition from the idle animation to the attack animations to be fixed. For example, Chandelure is my main Pokémon in the game and while it's idle in battling it swings around as if it's a chandelier attatched to a ceiling. However, when it attacks, it "hangs" straight down. Instead of swinging towards the center and then attacking, the idle animation is overwritten and Chandelure suddenly appears in the center to attack when it was swaying to the side just a second ago. This is really jarring and I've noticed this issue with some other Pokémon as well. Just try to hit the attack when your Pokémon is out of its regular position and you'll see what I mean. It would be much more natural if the Pokémon moved into an attacking position smoothly and then playing the attack animation. This is just a minor annoyance, but it starts to get very noticable once you've picked up on it and it seems like an easy fix.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom