• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Changes/Additions you would make in an update to SwSh

They can actually do it right now. There are DLCs that are free.

And there are entire games that are free too, but that doesn't mean those games' situations are comparable to major titles like Pokémon.

Zelda's DLC ain't free, Xenoblade's ain't, Splatoon's ain't, Fire Emblem's ain't - and that's not going to change for Pokémon, especially since lots of people have already purchased the digital DLC pass or the bundled physical edition of the game. Changing it to be free now would really be screwing over the people who already bought it. It isn't really feasible (nor, from a profit perspective, sane) to suddenly refund all of those players, so why should you get it for free when everyone else had to pay for it?

Have Calem (if you play as Victor) or Serena (if you play as Gloria) give you the National Pokedex
Or how about when the Sinnoh remakes are released, have Lucas or Dawn, whoever you're trading with, give you the National Pokédex. They've already got theirs from completing their Sinnoh Dex!

My dream additions (pun intended) would prolly be an expansion that add more Pokemon to the game and with a motif of Dreams. With a couple more catchable Mythicals (Darkrai included) and a plot centering around investigating people and pokemon falling torpid en massed, this one another isle sperate form the main region.

I was recently stumbling upon Reddit, I agree that the storyline of Sword and Shield is disappointing and needs to be rewritten.

Hm, I'm not on reddit and I'm not sure whether you can even reply to a year old post but here are some thoughts I have.

They are generally interesting and certainly makes the game more exciting but I don't appreciate changing both Bede and Hop's arcs since Bede's redemption arc and Hop's self realisation were both great and memorable. Marnie's development was great however as is Sonia's.

Here's some story beats I'd change:
Instead of challenging you upon receiving his starter, Hop invites you to take on Leon in a tag battle. This will introduce you to doubles to prepare you for Raihan, sort of set up the 4v1 Raids and also make it such that Hop doesn't lose right off the bat! In fact, I'd change it such that Hop doesn't challenge you to a one on one battle until maybe Motostoke. The idea is that because he's always ahead of you, even if he loses to you, it didn't matter to him cause he already had his badge whereas you don't.

I like the idea behind you taking on the power plant right after Spikemuth with Hop, Raihan and Leon but I think Rose shouldn't be outed then cause I actually like how he interrupted the League. I'll also change it such that Hop and Raihan goes ahead first and you are left with Leon who had lost the way cause he is, you know, bad with directions. That would be a nice way of getting a sense at Leon's strength.

I'm trying to think of reasons for the gym leaders to be seen outside of their gyms. So far, I think Nessa, Opal, Piers and Raihan are the only ones who do. I think Milo can be a volunteer with both the day care centers whereas Kabu can be in the mines. I can imagine Allister studying the Diglet sculptures or hanging out at the watch tower ruins while Bea trains just outside her city or in the Dusty Bowl. Not sure about Melony and Gordie as I don't have a sense of their characters at all.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom