• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Changes Up Top

AceTrainer14

The acest of trainers
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Greetings all!

This is an announcement about the future of the Workshop. No need to worry though - as our Poké brethern have taught us, when it comes to evolutions, things always get bigger and better!

As some of you may have noticed me discussing in the General Chat, I am going on a big overseas holiday starting next week. It will last a few months, and when I get back I will be starting a full time job with shift work which means I’ll have a fairly erratic schedule.

As such, I have decided that now is the best time for me to stand down as forum head and a moderator. It has been fun coming up with new ideas and competitions for you all over the last few years, but it can be tough work and I do not have the time necessary to keep at it any longer.

What the Workshop needs is a fresh approach, and that is why I am delighted to say that @diamondpearl876 will be taking over as forum head. She has been with us a few months and has quickly made a mark on both our team and the wider forum community. The Review League is just one of the many great ideas she has had for the section, and I know that she will do an amazing job running the Workshop. I hope you all give her your full support and respect, alongside AetherX and LightningTopaz who will continue to be the stellar mods that they are!

(Given that I started my career on this site writing a story that ended with a Kris toppling an Ethan for power, this could not be a more fitting exit.)

Finally, thank you all for being such a great community. One of the best parts of the job has been seeing all the community engagement which has grown and grown over the last few years. Seeing everyone help each other out in the Written Word and by sharing reviews, and seeing so many stories continue chugging along while new writers and stories emerge around them, makes the work worthwhile. My one parting request is that everyone remembers the importance of reviewing; even if all you want or can say is that you are reading and enjoying the story, that is enough to make someone’s day and more than many people get. If we all reviewed all the stories that we read, we would have one of the best writing communities on the internet!

Thanks for all the good times! I’ll still be writing and reading myself (those fictional buildings won’t blow themselves up) so look forward to seeing you all when I’m back from overseas. And let’s give a hearty congratulations to diamondpearl on her well-deserved new title!

giphy.gif

There is a staff drive on at the moment - if anyone has ideas for this section - or any other - and a desire to moderate, feel free to apply!

You will be well missed Ace. I hope my work can compare with yours someday, but until then, I will keep shooting for what you have made for us here at the Writer's Workshop. Thank you for what you've done.

I already gave you my sappy message, heh, but I wanted to say thanks again for all you've done and for the opportunity to try to follow in your footsteps! Part of the reason I stuck around Bulbagarden, you know, was knowing that the mods were dedicated to doing what they do. Here's to still seeing you around the forums in your free time. ;D

We'll be sorry to see you leave, Ace. You have done so much for the section that it will be hard for anyone to top it. Please just make sure not to be a stranger And keep coming around.
And congrats to diamond! Don't know you that well but from when I have worked with you are have been a great guy and you seems like the perfect fit!

You know, I'm gonna miss ya. This place felt warm and welcoming when I first came here and I'd say a large part of that started at the top, with your leadership and policies. You made this place great and there will be big shoes left to fill. Not to say that dp876 isn't up to that challenge!

Thanks everyone for the lovely messages. Just a reminder I will not be gone forever and likely will be updating things on here while I am away (I have some long flights and long train rides on my hands, plenty of time to read all 50,000 stories I never got around to reviewing). But at any rate, I will return with a vengance in a few months anyway.

Keep writing, keep reading, and do whatever diamondpearl tells you to do - and that includes cleaning behind your ears!

Thanks for all your hard work @AceTrainer14 We might've butted heads a couple times, but I think this section is in a much better shape now than it was a year ago, your team has worked tirelessly and it's in no small part due to your leadership. Many thanks!

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom