• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Changes You'd Like to See in the Game

Reaction score
What changes would you like to see be made in future updates/versions of the game? Feel free to share your ideas and suggestions on how the game could be improved, as well as any interesting additions that could be implemented.

What changes would you like to see be made in future updates/versions of the game? Feel free to share your ideas and suggestions on how the game could be improved, as well as any interesting additions that could be implemented.
I would like to get the ability to trade and battle with anybody or maybe just your friends. Which also requires a friends list.

I'd like it if there was a way to see all the candies you have at once on the same screen instead of having to check each Pokemon individually.

I'd like for a proper tracker feature. Niantic is rolling a new one out:

Unfortunately it relies on the availability of Pokestops, so good luck finding anything good if you only have one Pokestop nearby (or you have multiple but they're all on one block)

The over-reliance on Pokestops, now not only for getting items but tracking, means that players are getting severely disadvantaged for not living in big cities.

I agree that you shouldn't have to rely on Pokestops so much. I understand getting things like eggs and potions from Pokestops, but it's annoying to have to rely on them for Pokeballs when you need Pokeballs to even play the game. I think if you got some Pokeballs (like maybe 20-30 of them) every day for signing in, it would help make things easier for people that can't access Pokestops very easily. And maybe you could also get a Pokeball or a few coins for each Pokemon you transfer. I just want some other ways to get Pokeballs besides Pokestops and spending real money.

Make Pokemon less prone to fleeing.

Increase the candy from the buddy thing so that it's the amount you'd get if it were an egg hatching, rather than just 1, or upgrade it to 3, or just make it random, do anything.

I'm not walking 397KM just to evolve my Magikarp!!! Especially when the distance tracker doesn't record all my distance walked.

Getting a certain amount of Pokeballs for logging in once a day would be nice. I'd rather not have to buy Pokeballs when I'm not close enough to multiple Pokestops, if only I can save for other items. There are a couple of Pokestops within walking distance from me, but not a whole lot.

Reducing the chances of Pokemon fleeing or not having them attack twice in a row. The latter has happened to me quite frequently and it is rather annoying to go through so many Pokeballs to capture one Pokemon.

Making Pidgey, Rattata and Spearow eggs less frequent among the two kilometer eggs would be really good. I find Pidgey and Rattata all the time, so it would be better if I have more of a chance to any of the other Pokemon available with a two kilometer egg. I don't mind Spearow eggs too much given that I don't find them nearly as often, but it's still frequent enough to where I think that those three Pokemon could be rarer among the two kilometer eggs.

They definitely need to increase the candy from the Buddy Pokemon feature. I was so happy when that feature was announced and I was excited to use it, but knowing that you only get one candy regardless of the distance was really disappointing. That feels like an unbalanced way to handle the issue. It's still going to take me ages to evolve quite a few Pokemon because of that limitation. At least with the eggs, the ones that require a longer distance to hatch can often be rare Pokemon or Pokemon that you only find infrequently. Not to mention you can get quite a bit of candy from just hatching one Pokemon, so the longer distances feel more justified and worthwhile.

I'd go for one candy per kilometer, but for the Pokemon that require you to go three or five kilometer, you wouldn't get the candy until after you reach that distance. That would provide more motivation for people to walk around and it would still take awhile to get enough candy to get a Charizard or Dragonite. I've walked nearly twenty kilometers with my Caterpie and I have enough candy to get it up to a Butterfree now, which makes me happy and eager to get another Pokemon ready to evolve as I walk along. If I had been using my Charmander like I was when the feature was first available, I'd only have six more candies, which wouldn't be enough to even get it to a Charmeleon and that's pretty disappointing. It still makes evolving some Pokemon way more difficult than I think it needs to be and I was hoping for the feature to make that a bit less challenging.

Here's my wish list, or rather stuff that bothers me and I would like to see fixed:
  1. Make it worthwhile to train Pokémon. Currently that gaps in CP between a newly caught Pokémon and and one caught at an earlier level is so huge, that I typically just transfer the old one. Dumping your old Pokémon in favour of another one from the same species is the exact opposite of what a Pokémon game should feel like. (Oh, and the fact that you convert a Pokémon to a candy and then feed it to another Pokémon is kinda cannibalistic.)
  2. Make being in a gym meaningful. No matter how well defended a gym is, it's usually defeated within 24 hours. I stopped challenging gyms because honestly, what's the point?
  3. Real Pokémon battles!
  4. Balance the candy rewards all across the board. If I have a strong Pidgeot then catching a weaker Pidgeot and catching a 10 CP Pidgey means exactly the same thing: 4 additional Pidgey candies. In fact, the Pidgey is more valuable because I can make it evolve to gain XP. The effort required to catch then, though, is vastly different, which seems kinda ridiculous.
  5. Communication features, including trading and PvP fights.
  6. A better system for tracking down nearby Pokémon. These silhouettes are just teasing me...
All of these would make it a decent game, I think.

Since using 6 Pokemon while training in Gyms is now a thing, I believe getting to use 6 while challenging another team's Gym could be nice as well.
Still waiting for trading as well.

I want to see the level cap (40) being raised periodically so that when people actually do reach level 40 (which in my viewpoint shouldn't take as long as most people say) the next goal would be 50, then 60 and so on (and having a final cap at level 100, that's been the theme with Pokemon since the start). Also, I find the huge gaps in required experience between the higher levels unnecessary (the total 20 million exp required for the max level cap is fine imo but I don't see why it can't be spaced to 100 levels rather than 40).

In terms of Pidgey and Rattata being taken out of eggs, honestly I found that a bit unnecessary. For one thing, when I am hatching a 2 km egg, I am already expecting a higher likelihood of obtaining garbage. Another thing, I actually found Pidgey and Rattata as one of the better results from a 2 km egg (obviously barring the starters, Pikachu and Magikarp) because it gives me more candy for the Lucky Egg trick (for Pidgey) and I do want the tiny Rattata gold medal eventually. I can definitely promise that I would be a lot more salty when hatching a Spearow or a Geodude compared to Pidgey and Rattata.

Lastly, I think it makes more sense for Eevee to come from a 2 km egg rather than a 5 (or 10) km egg for reasons like: requires less candies to evolve than most standard Pokemon coming from 5 km eggs, being a starter at one point (regardless of whether it was one for the player or not).

>Legendaries (at least Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres which should be exclusive to their team)
>Trading
>More Raid Pokemon options (it's a bit limited imho)
>A way to get regional exclusives (might be asking for too much here)

Generation III and beyond will happen at some point of course. There are also a few events I'd like to see, some type-based. Electric would be a good choice. I'd also like to see an Unown event.

The legendary birds being exclusive to specific teams is not an idea I particularly enjoy. That just makes it impossible to complete the Pokedex. I'd be okay with receiving our mascot legendary first, and the others later, if that's what Niantic wants done, but no eternal exclusivity.

The legendary birds being exclusive to specific teams is not an idea I particularly enjoy. That just makes it impossible to complete the Pokedex. I'd be okay with receiving our mascot legendary first, and the others later, if that's what Niantic wants done, but no eternal exclusivity.
Very good point. However, letting the entire Pokedex to be completed will probably take a while as they'd need to release all the missing ones, so I wouldn't mind them staying team-exclusive until everything else is also available. If trading gets in the game as well, I could see the non-mascot ones being only available in trades.

Making the Legendary Pokemon and regional exclusive Pokemon easily available to everyone would be nice. I'd also like them to make Raid Battles a bit more frequent. There will be Raid Battles about to start around some of the Gyms I walk by, but more times than not, they won't be ready for another hour or more and I'm not usually in the area for that long. That's probably so that more people have a chance to come for the Raid Battle, but I'm not sure if waiting an hour and a half works for a lot of people. Maybe throwing in a few more Raid Bosses among the different levels would be nice. I do like how most of the Pokemon available now aren't easily available among the eggs, like the Johto starters, Muk and Weezing, but a bit more variety would be nice.

Speaking of the eggs, I still want them to include more Johto Pokemon among the eggs. The fact that we still don't have the Johto starters, Teddiursa, Swinub, Snubull and Houndour within the eggs is just pathetic. If it wasn't for the Fire and Ice event, I don't know when I would have found a Swinub, let alone save up for Mamoswine. There are a ton of Snubull and Houdour in my area, but it's apparently not too common in other areas, so that should be fixed.

Making the Legendary Pokemon and regional exclusive Pokemon easily available to everyone would be nice. I'd also like them to make Raid Battles a bit more frequent. There will be Raid Battles about to start around some of the Gyms I walk by, but more times than not, they won't be ready for another hour or more and I'm not usually in the area for that long. That's probably so that more people have a chance to come for the Raid Battle, but I'm not sure if waiting an hour and a half works for a lot of people. Maybe throwing in a few more Raid Bosses among the different levels would be nice. I do like how most of the Pokemon available now aren't easily available among the eggs, like the Johto starters, Muk and Weezing, but a bit more variety would be nice.

Speaking of the eggs, I still want them to include more Johto Pokemon among the eggs. The fact that we still don't have the Johto starters, Teddiursa, Swinub, Snubull and Houndour within the eggs is just pathetic. If it wasn't for the Fire and Ice event, I don't know when I would have found a Swinub, let alone save up for Mamoswine. There are a ton of Snubull and Houdour in my area, but it's apparently not too common in other areas, so that should be fixed.
I've heard reports that Raid Battles have actually become less frequent than their debut and I'm noticing it myself to an extent :( Not a fan of this change.
I also think that the Egg timer may be too long, I've actually left from some Rank 4 Eggs because of how long they would take to hatch (when it's easy to find another in the nearby neighborhood) so it can be counter-productive. Johto starters, Teddiursa and Houndour have just become available in Eggs and I welcome this change.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom