• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chaos Mafia: Day 8 - American Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Floptopus

Co-ordinator of Chaos
Reaction score
Welcome to chaos mafia, a mafia of chaos!

The Basics:
- Upon signup, each player should PM me a character. They can be from anything - books, TV, real life, etc. All I ask is that they are well known enough that I can research them if I need to.
- Each sub should PM me three items. Again, make them decently well-known.
- Signups will close in 3 weeks or when I get 25 players, whichever happens sooner.
- Each character will be assigned a role that fits their personality. They will then be randed an alignment - there will be a 1:4v mafia ratio, and a 1/10 chance of any character being removed and replaced with a premade indep.
- Each item will be given an effect based on its normal effect. These will be distributed to characters via RNG. with a maximum of 2 per character.
- I will then fine-tune some aspects to maintain some balance e.g. a vigilante mafia with a bulletproof vest and a false ID would be nerfed.
- The signups are open early so I can write all the PMs and balance and stuff :)
- I can confirm the possibility of insanities in this game, but there will be no Bastard roles.
- Days will last 48 hours, with a votecount after 24 hours.
- Nights will last 24 hours.
- Actions/votes will be automatically locked at 8:00pm BST. Where possible, I will try to update then. If not possible (Tuesdays and Thursdays), be patient. Any votes or actions submitted after then will be invalid.
- If the mafia do not submit a kill, it will be decided by an RNG including mafia players.

Rules:
- All standard War Room rules apply.
- Since role /= alignment, name claiming is permitted.
- Role claiming/item claiming is also permitted.
- Sharing role PMs is BANNED. doing so will result in an instant modkill.
- You are not permitted ton confirm or deny the existence of a particular character/item, such as if someone claimed the character/item that you submitted to me.
- Be nice to people. I may sub you out if I feel like you're being nasty/flamebaiting.
- No necroliking please.
- After 24 hours of inactivity, you will be warned. After another 24 hours, you will be subbed.
- No editing of post content. This rule is expanded upon in post 31.

Players:
In the game:
1. @Zexy;Squidward, Lynched Day 3
2. @returnofmastercrazyhand; Phoenix Wright, Lynched/Modkilled Day 1
3. @AussieEevee; Jaina Solo, Killed Night 1
4. @DrumBeats; @Poke Man; The Queen, Killed Night 6
5. @progressforth; Miriel, Killed Night 3
6. @Kyriaki; @Vivuto; @AussieEevee;
7. @lovandra;Kanji Tatsumi, Lynched Day 2
8. @FinalArcadia; @TheCapsFan; Sena Kobayakawa, Killed Night 2
9. @Archmage Dragelsnart; Sexy Zexy, Lynched Day 7
10. @jackatlasred; Radar, Lynched Day 5
11. @Life; The Joker, Killed Night 5
12. @蜃気楼; Rose Quartz, Killed Night 2
13. @Sword Master;
14. @Froakie; Timmy Nook, Killed Night 1
15. @Rabbit; Steve Smith, Killed Night 7
16. @Momoka; Prince Dreambert, Killed Night 3
17. @Soulmaster; Red, Lynched Day 6
18. @TheProtobabe;
19. @The_Pikachu; @BlisseyandtheAquaJets; Natsu Dragneel, Lynched Day 4

On the bench:
1 @TheCapsFan;
2. @BlisseyandtheAquaJets;
3. @Vivuto;
4. @Poke Man;
5. @DrumBeats;

Last edited:
Re: Chaos Mafia: Sign-ups open!

hey floppunny, can you hold off on this for a bit, I want RM mafia to be posted first as it's getting somewhere.
if you can't then I'm in regardless.
EDIT: never mind, I think our games might be able to coexist.

Last edited:

While I won't have time to host, I'll certainly have time to play. I'm in!

I'd like to join. I have plenty of time, and when XY mafia ends, I'll definitely want another thing to do. The concept sounds fun as well.

Ok.. I have my contract extended so I'll have time again for this forum *since my current job is give me lots of free time*

So I'll signed up!! Wait for my pm philippa!!

You will like the character that I pick.

Ugh this is a tough decision. I REALLY want to play but like, I'm not sure if making this one my first mafia game would be the best idea, as it is kinda crazy. I think I'll just sub, but I'll be first sub. I'll be the first to send you items, that should be fun. :3 They can be anything at all, correct?

This sounds awesome, I'd love in, please!

I'll be sending the PM very shortly!

Ugh this is a tough decision. I REALLY want to play but like, I'm not sure if making this one my first mafia game would be the best idea, as it is kinda crazy. I think I'll just sub, but I'll be first sub. I'll be the first to send you items, that should be fun. :3 They can be anything at all, correct?
anything you like

I'm in, still deciding a character

I'm in so yeah I'll pm you right now.

Sounds like it'll be fun. I'll send you my character shortly~

New rules added! Please re-read the rules.

You misspelled my name. You said no Bastard , but what if there was a Bastard character?
A Bastard role is a role that makes a player go against their wincon e.g a maf that doesn't know it or a maf converted into town. Basically, they ruin the fun of the game for at least one person.

New rules added! Please re-read the rules.

You misspelled my name. You said no Bastard , but what if there was a Bastard character?
A Bastard role is a role that makes a player go against their wincon e.g a maf that doesn't know it or a maf converted into town. Basically, they ruin the fun of the game for at least one person.

Pretty much what Flop said but I'll leave this here anyway.

Bastard Mod - MafiaWiki

mafiascum said:
Bastard Mod, usually shortened to Bastard, can ambiguously refer to a type of role, a type of game, or a mod who runs bastard games and/or uses bastard roles.

The exact definition of "bastard" varies from person to person according to their likes and dislikes; however, the following traits are usually common.

The moderator lies to players, either in their Role PMs (as in False roles) or in their revealed information (as in Death Miller).
The game incorporates significant game-changing mechanics (Cult being a notorious example) that affects players who may not know about them.
The game incorporates roles that are inconvenient to play with, such as Voteless or Suicidal.

A common shorthand definition of a bastard mod game is that it is designed mostly for the moderator's amusement more than that of the players.

Bastard games are notoriously difficult to do well. Most moderators' bastard setups will be imbalanced or not fun for some other reason. This doesn't stop them many moderators from trying to run them, though.

Bastard Mod games should not be confused with bad games, which are self-explanatory. However, the line between the two tends to be dangerously thin. If players called your game "bastard" when you were not actively trying to make it one, you should consider getting your next setup looked over by better reviewers.

Like this idea.
In.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom