• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chaos Mafia: Day 8 - American Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chaos Mafia: Day 1 - Revenge of the Killer Bunny

With this I agree with life, there could be potential names that could partake to roles. This could mean that there's abb obvious character that is cop, one that is doctor, and could potentially kill out PR. But I'd everyone does it I'll do it as well.
Even if there are obvious cops and doctors, remember that roles and alignments are decided separately.
Besides, not all the roles have to be obvious. Mine isn't very obvious.

FA raises some good points already.

@TheProtobabe; please check in which people you are talking to!
You asked that to lovandra, jackatlasred got confused and replied, and now you are attacking jackatlasred because you got confused also.

What did you think I would have do say/talk about? The game has barely started, so there isn't really much to say.

Anything. Why you aren't Mafia, why you think someone else could be Mafia, your thoughts on who might be Town, whether or not we should name-claim (which is up for debate right now).

On that topic, I feel that name-claiming is a bad idea. People can try to say someone's Mafia from certain characters and it would give Mafia something to jump on and cast suspicion on Town. However, it could be a last-resort type thing if someone with an important role is pressured. Though without proof, it would still be up for debate and Mafia could still turn that in their favor.

Slow down bucko it's night one so we really can't speculate anything when like 40% have only posted thus far. I agree with your points but don't jump the gun for no reason.

I support mass name-claiming

Oh, my bad @jackatlasred; . Sorry about that.

Okay now redirect at @lovandra; Why do you think random pressure voting is anti-town?

Also random bandwagon is sooo anti town..

vote:the protobabe

Can you explain why you think this?
Nah just this just to test things out. Your reaction is good enough for me.

Unvote: the protobabe

6 AM for me.. I will late to go to school. I will read more after school is over...

What did you think I would have do say/talk about? The game has barely started, so there isn't really much to say.

Anything. Why you aren't Mafia, why you think someone else could be Mafia, your thoughts on who might be Town, whether or not we should name-claim (which is up for debate right now).

On that topic, I feel that name-claiming is a bad idea. People can try to say someone's Mafia from certain characters and it would give Mafia something to jump on and cast suspicion on Town. However, it could be a last-resort type thing if someone with an important role is pressured. Though without proof, it would still be up for debate and Mafia could still turn that in their favor.

Slow down bucko it's night one so we really can't speculate anything when like 40% have only posted thus far. I agree with your points but don't jump the gun for no reason.

I support mass name-claiming

We have less than 48 hours to get as much information out of people as possible. I am only doing what I think will get discussion going from the people who have posted so far.

Also, if roles and characters truly are random, name-claiming will get us nowhere but confused. It's a pointless endeavor that gets no useful information for anyone.

Yet right now we only focus on the people currently online.
There is a good bunch of people who have not shown up yet and will do so within the 48 hours.

Yet right now we only focus on the people currently online.
There is a good bunch of people who have not shown up yet and will do so within the 48 hours.

Isn't it kind of a waste to just... wait around for every single person though? There are gonna be inactive people who barely post anything. Isn't it better to try and get SOME information rather than none because we're just waiting around for people?

Isn't it kind of a waste to just... wait around for every single person though? There are gonna be inactive people who barely post anything. Isn't it better to try and get SOME information rather than none because we're just waiting around for people?
Indeed it would be a waste. And we are getting this information already, in my opinion, without the need to pressure vote.

I don't think we're getting anything out of pressure voting after saying it's a pressure vote. They'll try to act naturally.

UGH i just had a post typed out and my internet ate it

okay ill try & remember what i said

hi everyone i just want to say i inherently disagree with any form of mass claiming, name or role, in any mafia game. at any stage. but to even suggest it just mere hours into day one is just wrong IMO. mafia is not a game of 'let's thank ourselves we flipped town this game so we can safely and without fear name claim to basically auto win'. it's a game of strategy, and outing our name is not strategy. you know why? because it was specifically outlined in the OP how roles will be loosely based o characters. and with name claims the roles can be guessed probably quite easily. if mafia haven't been given safe claims it makes it hard on them from the get go and is in my opinion unfair. this is why i've become to hate being mafia on bulba because it automatically turns to 'now i have to think of a fake claim and i'm going to insta-mess it up because mass claiming hinders me the most'. no i haven't flipped mafia this game but i empathise as i have the past 3 games and it's just unnecessary upheaval of a strategic game IMO

About the nameclaiming idea, I think it should wait, as this ties into something I've been thinking about, having been in a few games that involved a massclaim situation. That is, it shouldn't just happen. Most games, even the most simple, have a Cop. Let him her check someone, and then decide whether to reach out and ask them for a nameclaim. Once all or most names are gathered, then the list alone should be declared so that it can be checked for any lies like Zexy suggested.

Nice idea from Rabbit.
The name massclaim can happen privately, it is safer.

no a mass name claim is not happening d1

please can we not do this

Name claiming will get us nowhere. Actually, pressuring people to name claim is highly suspicious. What if Mafia is trying to get information about who the Cop/Doctor is? No, name claiming is a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom