• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chaos Mafia: Day 8 - American Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chaos Mafia: Day 1 - Revenge of the Killer Bunny

sorry I was replying to zexy there!

Ah, can you tag or quote who you're referring to, then, just to avoid confusion next time? (Shh I know I messed up my tags and quotes already I'm such a hypocrite ;_;)

yeah sorry, it's just i don't like to give people unnecessary notifications!

anyway the reason I'm so against mass name claiming is cos the role relates to the character. MCH has already claimed phoenix wright. what does this mean. exactly.

Name claiming will get us nowhere. Actually, pressuring people to name claim is highly suspicious. What if Mafia is trying to get information about who the Cop/Doctor is? No, name claiming is a bad idea.
I understand your concerns, but let me remind you that role has nothing to do with alignment anyway.
Mafia cops and doctors are possible.

I know what you meant croag, the only reason I suggested d2 is because of what Rabbit said.
If a townie gets cleared they should gather claims, do you disagree with that?

no a mass name claim is not happening d1

please can we not do this
yes, we can have it wait until d2
Or day 3. Or day 4. I wont claim to anyone except if I trust them..

Making alliance or mass claiming this early on a game is waste of time cause we dont know who we ally to. Are they mafia or not. Simply there isnt enough information...

Nameclaim seems safer. But like stated before I also think that's not really important. Flop is allowed us to nameclaim simply because there is no harm will do to this game, including mafia just by a simple nameclaiming.

@lovandra; what I suggested is a mass NAME claim. mass role claim should only be reserved for the clearest of townies.
You have a point that nameclaiming won't do much harm in the game and Flop took that into consideration, though. But just because it won't harm the game it might be worth a shot, that's all I suggested.

Name claiming will get us nowhere. Actually, pressuring people to name claim is highly suspicious. What if Mafia is trying to get information about who the Cop/Doctor is? No, name claiming is a bad idea.
I understand your concerns, but let me remind you that role has nothing to do with alignment anyway.

I know what you meant croag, the only reason I suggested d2 is because of what Rabbit said.

i have always slightly disagreed with claiming lol

i like to think it's every man for himself trying to solve the game rather than leave it to some kind of leader

also to reiterate NAME CLAIMING DOES HURT TOWN

mafia also CANT FAKE NAME CLAIM as we all know what role we picked for the game and if it doesn't appear then that person is lying

@lovandra; what I suggested is a mass NAME claim. mass role claim should only be reserved for the clearest of townies.
You have a point that nameclaiming won't do much harm in the game and Flop took that into consideration, though. But just because it won't harm the game it might be worth a shot, that's all I suggested.
Mass name claim may flip the allignment. And it will be dangerous to mass name claim to 'random stranger'.

You try to force a nameclaim sounds really suspicious for me..

On mafia game, have a town leader is essensial for town to win a game but try to act as a town leader this early of the game is dangerous or suspicious.

vote:zexy

To the other townies. Please be carefull to who you form allies or leaked the information to... thx

Mass name claim may flip the allignment. And it will be dangerous to mass name claim to 'random stranger'.
Oh well, let me go through this again… mass name claim CANNOT flip the alignment in ANY WAY POSSIBLE. It might hint roles, though, but roles got assigned separately from alignments.
I didn’t suggest a mass name claim to a random stranger, I suggested a public one (early on), but now I am leaning towards one on a confirmed townie, whenever we get one.
You try to force a nameclaim sounds really suspicious for me..
I don’t try to force anything, I am just making a suggestion.
On mafia game, have a town leader is essensial for town to win a game but try to act as a town leader this early of the game is dangerous or suspicious.
No, no, I am not acting like a town leader, I only made a suggestion. And when I say that everyone should mass name claim to a confirmed townie leader I don’t mean myself.

What if Mafia is trying to get information about who the Cop/Doctor is? No, name claiming is a bad idea.
I'm against the idea of name-claiming, just because I think it'll get us nowhere... but I also don't see how mafia can try to get information out of it. I'm pretty sure that the roles were assigned at random to each character, so having a name won't give any hint as to what role the character is. That's why name-claiming is allowed, isn't it? My point is that I don't think it's suspicious of anyone to push for name-claiming, I just personally find it pointless because you'll get nothing out of it.

guys it's literally in the first post

- Each character will be assigned a role that fits their personality. They will then be randed an alignment - there will be a 1:4v mafia ratio, and a 1/10 chance of any character being removed and replaced with a premade indep.

So we have indept that possibly will steal characther...?

I played a game with this kind of indept before.... they will have to to choose someone at early night *on night 0 actually... i was talked about a game where night 0 is usuall..* after that if that person is lynched or nkd. They will replace them with their winning condition and the person their replace will be flipped as the indept when they r death....

Also zexy and momoka's argument seems valid to me, even though there r possibility that they both scum buddy

unvote: zexy

Sorry but what is randed mean?

4 pages?! I go to sleep for a few hours and you guys post 4 pages?!

Name claiming is harmless but also pointless. Someone could be Darth Vader, the Town Doctor. Name indicates neither role nor alignment. Trust me, my character's role does not match her character from the origin franchise. Which is why I was confused earlier in the thread. But I'll trust that flop has a reason for assigning that.

And no, I am neither Darth Vader nor the doctor.

I will have to go back and reread these past 4 pages as i only just woke up.

As I see it, there is a chance that a character-role won't get assigned a town-scum alignment but rather get removed entirely and be replaced by a premade indep.

So, it's complete coincidence then..

i have always slightly disagreed with claiming lol

i like to think it's every man for himself trying to solve the game rather than leave it to some kind of leader

also to reiterate NAME CLAIMING DOES HURT TOWN

mafia also CANT FAKE NAME CLAIM as we all know what role we picked for the game and if it doesn't appear then that person is lying

What would be the point of fake claiming? If alignments are not taken into account on villain and such then you can fake claim all you want.

Also what you say is not true. Flop said if she saw any need to remove your character she would and replace it with one of her own

Ok school time. 8 AM here. Wont be able to do any read or post till 3 PM my time...

Maybe will read some during lunch break tough..

Hope I wont need to read too many posts when Im back...

Still what is randed mean?

What in the world happened when I was asleep o_O so many pages!

I agree that mass name-claiming is a bad idea because it is pointless.

vote: returnofmastercrazyhand

For the early name-claimin behavior. It looks like he was too eager to get cleared as soon as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom