• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chaos Mafia: Day 8 - American Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chaos Mafia: Day 1 - Revenge of the Killer Bunny

i'll be back in ~an hour-ish~ with proper reflection from this thread so far

like i'm actually town this time on bulba lmao and i really want to actually help out, and i just died in a game offsite soon can focus attention here

Tbh I don't see what makes MCH mafia; there haven't been any posts that really outline his behavior, if you ask me.

Based on how RM Mafia went with a Lynchless day, it might be a good idea, we don't really have many real suspects unless I missed something.
Though a lynch could help us more than no lynch.

Random Messages mafia was Random Messages mafia. This is Chaos Mafia. I see where you're coming from, but if we try to play all games the same was as a successful we will evidently fail because we are playing a different game, and the mafia will figure that out and use it to their advantage.

also, you essentially contradict yourself in the same post... Having a more neutral stance is suspicious, imo, because it means that later on when something happens, you can say that you were against/for the bad/good event and use this post to back it. Not saying I find you suspicious, just your post.

VOTE: Sword master
NOT AN OMGUS, as I just think he's calling out my "playstyle" being too aggressive and not "quiet" when last I checked, I posted a LOT in the four main mafia games I have played thus far.
(dragon, the wash, XY, and one that I ALWAYS seem to forget)

I see what you mean, but I was trying to consider both sides. For clarification, I'd prefer a lynch, but there isn't really much anyone to lynch

Also, earlier someone mentioned Captain America shields, I still wonder what they are, anyone have any idea?

[Mention]Flopunny [/mention]
Sorry, I think I'm gonna have to sub out; I'm having a lot of laptop issues so I don't think I can be as active as I like for now, sorry!!

@AussieEevee; I understand where you're coming from, but just because you don't see a resemblance between your role and character does not everybody else's is the same, thus why so many are against mass-name-claiming.

It's still irrelevant though, as if your character = his or her role, it's really no different to role claiming. It doesn't tell you what alignment they are.

I'm thinking we're on the same page, but I'm somewhat confused, so apologies if we are and I'm speaking what you already know. :p I agree that it doesn't tell you what alignement they are, and also agree that it's no different (well, to a degree) from role-claiming. The fact that it is so similar to role-claiming is why I'm against it, as I don't see any reason for a mass name/role-claim.

I think we are on the same page. If I told you my character, you'd have no way to guess my role... but that most likely isn't true of most characters and I think day 1 public role claiming is dangerous. ESPECIALLY for the doctor and cop.

Also @progressforth;: My guess is that Captain America's shield could be some form of bulletproof, to protect the holder against a single nightkill.

When it comes to MCH, I have seen much of his mafia meta (Back to Basics, XY) while I have been in no town game of his so far. So reading him correctly if town might be a little hard.
Well then. I think we need to look at all opportunities right now.

Life seemed defensive
Protable is a bit too aggressive and contradicts herself sometimes
Zexy wants mass claims
Progress doesn't make anything private
I haven't posted enough
Froakie is very against claims.

Froakie and Life are the most suspicious for now.
I feel like the main part of this post is too much commentary, while the final line isn't explained well enough.

Protobabe looks better after post 205.
MCH has a good point about school making him not be able to post much
I find it a bit weird how Zexy quickly defended MCH about his school. It may be that they are buddies and are trying to clear suspicious. I don't mind if you have school so that might explain if you are inactive for a while.

Personally, I think that's just good sportsmanship.
@Poke Man; Now that you have subbed in, any thoughts?
I completely agree with Aussie here.
Yes, It could be good sportsmanship, but the way it is worded makes it feel more like a excuse. To a newbie it wouldn't look like suspicious, but the way Zexy moved quickly to defend MCH makes me feel they working together.
I don't agree with this; just because I am not a newbie doesn't mean I shouldn't be sportsmanlike.
When someone makes a fair point about RL and I know they are not lying about it I feel like I should point it out.
but I'm not.
I don't even know zexy's role nor item and I can prove that
... how?
You also imply that you know everyone has an item. Why?
I can prove it if we both privately claim our roles, and then I guess which role zexy has, not the best solution, but I think it helps provesmy point
... this point makes little sense. Mafia can always fakeclaim about it.
I think you are trying to fish out my claim this way.
@returnofmastercrazyhand; I don't know if that's such a good idea. Besides, I'm not sure if private chatter is allowed in this game?
Agreed it's not a good idea. It is allowed, how did PF claim to me if that wasn't the case?
Is this your first game or not, please answer this.

Anyways, @Zexy; 's behavior is a little erratic and I'm not sure what to think of him.
I guess this is because of a playstyle difference, if you would care to explain more I could help you out with this.

@AussieEevee; and @Sword Master; seem pretty Town to me.
Agreed on Aussie, not sure on SM.
I personally don't like going with a lynchless day, but since it's only day 1 I think we'd be all right without a lynch.
We try to avoid no lynching Day 1 in this site. A lynch gives us a card flip which is useful for Day 2 scumhunting.
Based on how RM Mafia went with a Lynchless day, it might be a good idea, we don't really have many real suspects unless I missed something.
Though a lynch could help us more than no lynch.
The fact that a single game with No Lynch Day 1 went well for town doesn't mean that we should do it all the time.
There aren't many real suspects Day 1, but you can always vote your best shot.
I don't fully believe Proto is Mafia. I know for a fact she is a relatively new player. Though this is slightly strange behavior.
Let's sort this out please. Rabbit told me in Skype before the game began that you brought Proto to Bulbagarden. So you probably know more about her playstyle, if she has even played mafia before. Care to share more about that?
if it helps matters, I'll roleclaim. I'm the lynch redirector so if you try to kill me, I'll just send it to someone else.
AND I WILL USE IT IF NEED BE.
In all honesty, it might not be a bad idea to try lynching you in order to prove your claim.
Problem is, despite your claim, you can easily be mafia. Mafia Lynch Redirector is OP but this is a Chaos mafia, so it's possible.
like i'm actually town this time on bulba lmao and i really want to actually help out, and i just died in a game offsite soon can focus attention here
I can confirm that.
I townread Froakie anyways so there's that.
I see what you mean, but I was trying to consider both sides. For clarification, I'd prefer a lynch, but there isn't really much anyone to lynch
I disagree, especially after seeing MCH's claim I think we should lynch or have MCH pick a target for us.
also, my item is a second lynch redirector, if I'm reading it right.
Wait. Not only is 2x Lynch Redirector OP, it also sounds very strange that you know exactly what your item does.
I have an item and I have no clue of what it does.
If we combine the fact that you know everyone has an item (which would be possible if you were mafia, knowing that all of your buddies have an item) then you are pretty likely mafia.
If MCH is mafia Lynch Redirector, we’ll inevitably have to face a mislynch anyway. Even worse if they are 2x Lynch Redirector.
Trying to lynch MCH might not be a bad idea since he supposedly can deflect it away after all. I think going after MCH who will hit Sword Master if they are not lying about their role is a good way to go for now.
I suspect both MCH and Sword Master a lot right now.
VOTE: returnofmastercrazyhand

@AussieEevee;
They must be pretty good then, I've had one passed to me at the beginning of today, but I passed it to someone else.

Not good, I meant common, if there are multiple, I didn't pass it to the person who brought it up.

seriously, I roleclaim and I'm still not off the hook?
how many mafia lynch redirectors have there been on bulba to begin with?

vote: returnofmastercrazyhand he seems really defensive and has brought up things that don't work. Such as proving through private. Also if you really redirect then kill the most suspicious person.

It said that you must pass it before night (or something like that, I haven't reread it) I wonder if it has any other effect, like if it could explode and silence something.

I'm pretty sure his shield has been used as a weapon in the movies.

@returnofmastercrazyhand; Roleclaiming doesn't clear you from lying though... you have no way of proving who or what you are, hence the existence of this game's premise. We all have to try and figure out who is Town and who can prove who is Mafia, and figure out who we can trust. None of anything is for certain until the game is over.

Also, what's a lynch redirector?

vote: returnofmastercrazyhand he seems really defensive and has brought up things that don't work. Such as proving through private. Also if you really redirect then kill the most suspicious person.

which I already did.
I'll even say who publicly if need be.
and since I have 2X lynch redirect, my item only has 2 uses apparently.

@AussieEevee;
They must be pretty good then, I've had one passed to me at the beginning of today, but I passed it to someone else.
Someone passed a Captain America shield to you?
Why reveal this?
... I thought items could only get moved at night.
seriously, I roleclaim and I'm still not off the hook?
how many mafia lynch redirectors have there been on bulba to begin with?
This is your single worst post in the game.
ANY role can fit into ANY alignment because this is how Flop designed the game.
I feel like you are being very defensive here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom