• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chaos Mafia V: This Time it's Personal. Endgame: This Is The Greatest Plan!

Considering two separate people read your post the same way, I suspect it's your wording... not us.

I said I’m happy that a suspect died, not that Town died. ZinnLav understood me completely. If a Town read died, like ZinnLav, I would be very sad, but somebody in my PoE? Not a chance. It’s not like you ever town read them anyway.

I said I’m happy that a suspect died, not that Town died. ZinnLav understood me completely. If a Town read died, like ZinnLav, I would be very sad, but somebody in my PoE? Not a chance. It’s not like you ever town read them anyway.
But at the end of the day they are still town. They're still on your team..

You're saying that I should feel good about a town member dying because it means I don't have to kill them myself... we are very different people. I'm not going to celebrate being one step closer to losing.

I see it as a one step closer to winning because I have one less suspect that won't distract Town from potentially mislynching them. Ideally, CrystalCyanide didn't die and a Doctor protected them and they were saved and proven Town, but this isn't bad either.

The stick figure sat casually in the control room, observing the unfolding Chaos around him.
Suddenly, through the broadcasting system, and from all of the computer speakers in the control room One of us by ABBA began playing, but the lyrics had been slightly modified to say "one of us is dying."
The stick figure clutched his head in pain, as the frequency of the broadcast threatened to cause it to burst. Quickly, he looked in the drawers of the nearest station. Relieved by his good luck, he found a noise cancelling headset. He put in on, just before the onslaught irreparably ruptured his eardrums.
ME has survived the sonic attack, but he has lost his 1x Deathproof.

As the noise died down, the stick figure glanced to his left, and saw that Flop was not as lucky.

The stick figure blinked. Had she been in the control room earlier? He hadn't noticed. The stick figure shrugged, and sat back down to watch the monitors.
As I mentioned with my D3 flavour reads, I think this could be some sort of RNG that caused it.

On one screen, a yellow tentacled creature with a smiling face was slinking down the corridor, searching for somebody. His eyes fell on a light brown haired man, who was standing by a pool table, lining up with the stick to take a shot. If possible, the yellow creature's smile got even wider, as he began to approach the pool playing man.
However, before he could arrive at his destination, the yellow tentacled creature bumped into something invisible. Before he could get his bearings, a scary looking individual with pink hair walked out of a nearby doorway, and blocked his path.
"You," the pink haired individual said, "I can sense that there is more to you than meets the eye. Fight me!"
The yellow tentacled creature reared back, eager to avoid the unnecessary conflict, but the pink haired stranger was not to be denied. He cornered the yellow tentacled creature, and quickly killed him.

The pink haired individual sighed.
"All too easy," he said, dejectedly.
Rainbow Cloud/Koro-sensei attempted to visit the character that MegaPod submitted, don't know which player you are. This was to put the post restriction on them, but it failed due to dying.
Bumping into something invisible, that could be an item someone used, perhaps the brown haired man used it to stop visits that night? Or maybe it's a player who's character is invisible, I have no information to support either theory.
Now that I think there are two pink individuals, this could be the one that isn't Diovolo/MegaPod.

Meanwhile, a pink starfish had put an icecream cone on his head and was staring intently at a whimsical looking man in a top hat.
"May I help you with something?" inquired the man, bemused.
"Nope," said the starfish, taking out a piece of paper and jotting a note on it, "I've got what I came for."
As he walked away, the starfish took the cone off his head and ate it.
This is HD/Patrick Star using his Badge item on DekuNut/Willy Wonka.

A third monitor showed a long eared grey skinned individual in wizard robes attempting to cast a spell on a strangely colored cat. The magical entity waved his staff around, and pulled out a card.
Unfortunately, the card slipped from his grasp, and it landed at the feet of a short, blue haired individual, who happened to be walking towards the control room. The spell went out of control and the blue haired individual was engulfed in multicolored flames.
This is one player who I won't name, attempting to use a friendly action on another.
As it suggests, the card slipping from their grasp isn't normal, it landed in front of Mido/Valt who was headed to the control room (towards ME/Flop), for whatever reason this killed them, despite the action being friendly.
Perhaps the grey skinned individual has a hidden modifier that can cause their spells to fail randomly and cause a kill?

The grey skinned magician casually picked up the card, and shrugged, attempting to resume the spellcasting.
As I found out, their original action still went through, but happened on Night 2 instead of Night 1, they didn't need to submit it again.

Quite suddenly, in the middle of everything, an outhouse appeared.
Zachie creating the outhouse as we learnt.

But at the end of the day they are still town. They're still on your team..

Are you saying we should be happy with players on the Town's side who don't participate and act as noise in the background? If DekuNut asked to sub out or participated more, maybe even claimed, he might not have been mislynched Day 2.

Oh, and before anyone wants to call me scum for this, here's a recent game on MU where I was the Town Doctor in which I said I was happy to see two Town players I suspected to be killed:

HumanDawn;4280111 said:
I expected a bigger bloodbath here, but I’m glad I am alive and happy to see players who were on the lower end of PoE dead because that means I have less noise.

VOTE: Pika_pika42

Zinn makes a pretty compelling case here in regards to flavor, and Pika's deflector claim could absolutely be a fake to prevent anyone from wanting to target him. Both deflector and even-night granny seem unlikely together, and I'd lean on DawningWinds being more likely to be truthful just because of the way he claimed initially. The name of Pika's role is also very strange that it'd match the character he's being exactly? All the roles we've seen claimed so far and seen flipped have been pretty normal IIRC? Pika's also done practically nothing to seem town; if you look at all his posts together, about half of them were from the ASDF hell phase, it's odd that he choose then of all phases to pop in again more. If Zinn is right about Pika as serial killer, he may have wanted to target MP to be able to claim vig somehow for town points?
I'm not sure who this brown haired man could be. The character MegaPod submitted could fit, the same man who was playing pool in the Day 2 flavour text. I don't know which player has this character.
The text suggests that the brown haired man is a vigilante who failed to kill MegaPod for whatever reason, or maybe they're Mafia who was trying to kill him because they think he's a serial killer?
The brown-haired man sounds like CyanideCrystal's character to me, since he's a CIA agent and has brown hair, and would've thought he was a normal vig.

The brown-haired man sounds like CyanideCrystal's character to me, since he's a CIA agent and has brown hair, and would've thought he was a normal vig.
Hmm, nevermind, I see that the CIA agent is a different character. Then hopefully that means there is a legit vig still out there and not just the one who died who fired blanks.

I'm 95% sure it isn't.

In another area, a CIA Agent was attempting to interrogate the pink starfish.
The CIA Agent is mentioned to be in another area and is always referred to as the CIA Agent.

The brown haired man playing pool from the first phase can fit the man who is using the sniper rifle.

*DawningWinds
And that aside, if I were trying to avoid a check on me, wouldn't it make more sense to claim all night Granny? Because in claiming Even Night Granny, it means that checking me on odd nights is perfectly viable, and since I claimed it on Day One, it wouldn't even have had to delay any checks on me- in fact, checks on me might happen sooner, as a person considering checking me would probably prioritize it because they wouldn't be able to safely do it the next night.

Flavor suggests what happened was that Cyanide tried to kill HD- which was probably a host-rnged kill based on the idling rule,- and
.Mega came in and killed them. Which leaves me wondering if the Mafia kill got blocked by a doctor/bulletproof or if they simply didn't use it, and if it's the latter, than why? Anyway, I feel like it's basically confirmed that Mega is a Serial Killer by flavor at this point, so:
Vote: MegaPod

No.

There's a distinction at the start.

" pink haired man wearing a vest with the heart and diamonds symbol "

This is mentioned later instead of at first.

If we understand the FT right, it means two players tried to kill MegaPod, but both failed.

VOTE: Pika_pika42

Zinn makes a pretty compelling case here in regards to flavor, and Pika's deflector claim could absolutely be a fake to prevent anyone from wanting to target him. Both deflector and even-night granny seem unlikely together, and I'd lean on DawningWinds being more likely to be truthful just because of the way he claimed initially. The name of Pika's role is also very strange that it'd match the character he's being exactly? All the roles we've seen claimed so far and seen flipped have been pretty normal IIRC? Pika's also done practically nothing to seem town; if you look at all his posts together, about half of them were from the ASDF hell phase, it's odd that he choose then of all phases to pop in again more. If Zinn is right about Pika as serial killer, he may have wanted to target MP to be able to claim vig somehow for town points?

yeah i agree Pika has had a lot of less posts this game an the flavor makes him look worse

i didn't want to kill you, lightning, but i know from another game how clever you can be with fakeclaims :(

UNVOTE: DarthWolf
VOTE: Pika_Pika42

Meanwhile, in the hallways, chaos was starting to break loose again. A speedy yellow creature zipped down a corridor, passing by a pink haired man in ridiculous purple pants. As he flew by the pink haired man, the yellow entity lashed out, as quick as lightning, and struck the purple panted man.
The pink haired man in purple pants collapsed, and began to spasm on the ground, fizzling in and out of existence.
"WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?!?!" shouted the confused man.
Yeeeaaaahh, so this doesn't seem like a reflection-type ability at all whatsoever.

Vote: Pika_Pika42

Meanwhile, in the hallways, chaos was starting to break loose again. A speedy yellow creature zipped down a corridor, passing by a pink haired man in ridiculous purple pants.
pink haired man wearing a vest with the heart and diamonds symbol
So there are two pink haired characters after all? That complicates things...

But it feel a smidge better about MegaPod, I suppose.

Does this match any JoJo characters you know of? If I recall heart and diamonds as a symbol is something that is in JoJo.
There are characters with hearts or diamond motifs, yes, but I can't recall a pink-haired character who'd have that. If there are two, I don't see why it'd have to be another Jojo character, I'm guessing it's from somewhere else. I have zero clue as to who though.

Now that I think there are two pink individuals, this could be the one that isn't Diovolo/MegaPod.
Okay, I'm following, but is the second pink haired individual "scary looking" as well? Would they make sense as a killing role?

I'm also not fully understanding your "Pika is a Serial Killer" case but maybe

No.

There's a distinction at the start.

" pink haired man wearing a vest with the heart and diamonds symbol "

This is mentioned later instead of at first.

If we understand the FT right, it means two players tried to kill MegaPod, but both failed.
Oh okay I think I get what's happening in the FT now? I think I had to read it at least five times to get to that point.

Yeah, I don't think the description of what Lightning is doing really sounds anything like what Pika claimed, so...
Unvote: MegaPod
Vote: Pika_pika42

Okay, I'm following, but is the second pink haired individual "scary looking" as well? Would they make sense as a killing role?

Ignore this bit, I meant to delete it; it's from before I was properly (?) understanding the flavor text.

At the least he seems to have lied about Mirror as the flavor implies he's on the move.
It'd be an easy claim to avoid anyone visiting them in fear of wasting they action to target themselves.

Also I'm having no luck on Google find pink haired characters who wear vests, let alone vests with hearts and diamonds on them

Vote: MegaPod
No, don’t touch that!
Throw it on him, not me!
You're saying that I should feel good about a town member dying because it means I don't have to kill them myself... we are very different people. I'm not going to celebrate being one step closer to losing.
*gasp* What are you doing?

Have you ever caught a good guy? Like uh, like a real superhero?
Unvote: MegaPod
We are Number One. Hey!

No, don’t touch that!

Throw it on him, not me!

*gasp* What are you doing?

Have you ever caught a good guy? Like uh, like a real superhero?

We are Number One. Hey!
Is this some weird lazytown post restriction or something

Back
Top Bottom