• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chaos Mafia V: This Time it's Personal. Endgame: This Is The Greatest Plan!

Well sure, but the Hosts wouldn't make it an option if they didn't think players couldn't pull it off.

For all we know, it is legitimate and they just make Independents blue coloured in their Role PM.
It simply encourages Mafia or a Vigilante to shoot him.

Darthwolf does seem like a jester, although his play for a player his calibre seems too obvious which makers me think he may have an ulterior motive.

Well sure, but the Hosts wouldn't make it an option if they didn't think players couldn't pull it off.

For all we know, it is legitimate and they just make Independents blue coloured in their Role PM.
It simply encourages Mafia or a Vigilante to shoot him.
True, I'm still suspicious but there is still time for more information to be revealed.

Mine has no color either, but if it has one, then that might make it more legit after all. I’m ok with not making MegaPod a lynch focus and it makes me feel a bit better that if the MegaPod lynch went through then we might have ended up with the same result.

By the way, the character I submitted is Lightning from Yu-Gi-Oh! Vrains.

Can whoever has this character come to me and tell me? I really want to know who got him!

What do you think about Tood's point on Jinjo's ease to switch off a seemingly solid sus that they had throughout the phase? Personally I would like to hear more from MegaPod, he is acting out of character for the moment.

This is something you're better off asking her first than me, but considering how Space was being Town read by a few people (me, CO, FA), I could see Jinjo deciding to just go for another suspect instead.

HMMMM... I guess partly I just don't like rewarding a jester D1 with a win when a lot of it happened without the jester needing to do anything, and how it sorta feels like a filler arc taking away from the main plot of trying to vote mafia. Probably not the most useful way to view the whole thing, I will admit lol, because from a logical standpoint, you definitely have a point about how it does eliminate a distraction. It's just not a very useful flip IMO, along with the win thing I just mentioned. AND I might be a bit gun-shy over the whole thing because the most recent mafia game I played in was on an Animal Crossing forum like two weeks ago in an attempt to play without meta at my disposal and we lynched jester (with reason to believe that player was jester or possibly scum) D1 and then it came back to bite us later. Different circumstances, but it messed us up D2 without having a solid flip to read interactions off of. Though to be fair, that was a small game with less room for error. also, a player there asked me if I knew you; name was Damniel, he said you were a cool guy ehhhhhhhhhh like I said, I'm not TOTALLY against it, I'm just definitely not encouraging it either, if that makes sense

I like rewarding players with wins. It makes me feel good, and I feel better about them when they haven't gotten in my way. That filler arc explanation is so amusing to me lol, but while you can skip the filler, it's always going to be there.

Oh yeah, Daniel told me about it on Discord and linked me to your game. I only skimmed that game to read yours and Daniel's posts, so I don't have a full grasp of the situation, but even if you were wrong, you only knew they were a Jester for sure afterward, and it was just one factor amidst multiple factors that led to your loss (sorry if this sounds harsh lol it just happens to everyone, it's never one thing). This is a different game too! Considering how today played out, I should have just stuck to my vote on DarthWolf. Would be funny if both top wagons were Independents.

@HumanDawn @Rainbow Cloud Why MegaPod and not Snowy? Human I know you think Snowy would post less if he were mafia, which is valid, I suppose. This is more targeted at Rainbow Cloud but I would like to hear any other response you have as well.

MegaPod is more proactive, sicks his teeth into things more, and just has more passion in his games. This game was just off for him, while with Snowy, it wasn't really off for me.

Dude you try reading through this game. I’m legit lost.

Why are you lost? What's so different about this game compared to other games?

I’m anti lynching a jester because it’s chaos mafia. And i believe it was presidents mafia but jester was lynched and won while everyone else lost. I wouldn’t put it past ME and Flop to do the same here.

It was one game by Master Mew, a different host, yeeeaaaars ago. I also don't think that ME would make the big game of the forum year have a condition that would result in the game in ending if one particular player was lynched.

What a lame excuse.

I miss "Independents are bad and should be lynched ASAP because I hate them." Midorikawa.

And I also wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a lynch redirector or governor or soemthong. So basically he’s a wasted lynch and a dangerous one.

Then... HE USES THE ROLE DAY 1 AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE AND WE ALREADY GO THROUGH USING IT. Now if he is any of that, he has it saved up for later!

Vote: the capsfan
Yes OMGUS-y but I don’t like his posts. Feels opportunistic. Especially since this is the first time I have randed town in freaking foreveR, so it would be easy to make people think I randed mafia again via paranoia, and it looks like that’s where he’s headed.

Tsk tsk it was in June that you landed Town, and I and FinalArcadia are worried about your activity level too. TheCapsFan didn't even vote you for it. This case sounds like a big stretch from what he said about you when you can apply it to me and FinalArcadia for also suspecting you.

Also I don’t get the Megapod case.

What was there not to get?

Here, let me get you all the quotes about the worries on MegaPod:

2. MegaPod - Kinda disappointing, I expect more posts, more insight.

MegaPod and DekuNut posting early with not much of use and then disappearing for the most part is something I hope they change later on, because that's going to be a pain to try to deal with as the game goes on when it becomes the "but that's what they usually do" circles of trying to read them (more so Deku there).

These players below haven't really said anything that left a good impression and hearing more from them would be nice.

MegaPod
Zachie
DekuNut
Officer Snake
Midorikawa
Tood

Vote: MegaPod

We already have some content going and I don't like how MegaPod still has his rvs vote and I always find it scummy when a player leaves their rvs vote by the end of day 1 and same thing can be said about Zachie.

Related to the Zachie RVS vote though, I agree with Jinjo's MegaPod vote for similar reasons to what I just said about Snowy's vote, and looking at his posts this phase, there is next-to-nothing of actual use, and the only major thing he responded to was Crystal Onix saying that meta was off the table, to which MP said that wasn't actually the case. This, plus his vote is still a joke one about a player needed to get subbed.

UNVOTE: Snowy
VOTE: MegaPod

Going to put my vote on Pod, not liking him leaving his vote on Jinjo's slot before she subbed or the few posts he's made that look CWAC.

Vote: MegaPod

Legit, what was so hard to understand about this?

Considering MegaPod claimed Independent, from a scum PoV, you would assume he is likely Town, and decide to go for another wagon, so once a Town flip on MegaPod could occur, you would have TheCapsFan to go after the next day.

For everyone who wanted details about my role, it's called Lightning (which fits me too well as a Pikachu hehe :p), but it works in the opposite way of a Lightning Rod as in instead of attracting all actions towards me, it deflects any action targetted towards me back to its user.

index.php
I know most people will feel that the role does not exactly match with the character description coz that was my first thought too. But #BlameME , I guess?

Also, this game is going much faster than I expected and it's a bit difficult to catch up but I am trying and hopefully will be more active now, so please excuse my inactivity and delayed response.

As for the top 2 wagons D1 (Megapod and Darthwolf), tbh I don't even know how the Megapod wagon started and built so quickly that it became a tie with Darth's wagon (which was in clear majority the last time I checked). Megapod claims Unlynchable Survivor (basically a free win, great!) and Darth is somewhat of a Jester (?), so the top 2 wagons for D1 were both on Indeps?
I still need to read some of the recent pages thoroughly and also see how the wagons built, etc, so I will provide further comments later.

For everyone who wanted details about my role, it's called Lightning (which fits me too well as a Pikachu hehe :p), but it works in the opposite way of a Lightning Rod as in instead of attracting all actions towards me, it deflects any action targetted towards me back to its user.
So you're basically a Mirror, it's a rare role, but not unheard of.

I really don't believe that the tie vote wasn't deliberate in some form. Last minute vote + a tie makes it feel extremely weird.

Also, is anybody else's role PM also not a massive text wall?

Mine is, Pika's is, and Megapod's isn't? For all I know, it could just be because ME or Flop aren't familiar with the character, or because the character doesn't have much to warrant a massive text wall, but I'd just like to check before I get paranoid of this going into D2.

I disagree with this and Tood saying this gave me scum vibes and what Tood said is a very easy safe classic scum approach and most of the time that is pretty much the only thing scum can ever say in a style that gets way too repetitive.

Space thinks you using activity on forums is questiinable > You're suspicious of Space

MegaPod has a RVS vote on you > Vote MegaPod

I question your RVS vote + interaction with Space > you scumread me

Maybe this is all completely coincidental, but, again, I'm getting weird omgus vibes from you this game

@Tood Can you confirm you submitted Diavolo as a character for this game?
(y)

Mine is, Pika's is, and Megapod's isn't? For all I know, it could just be because ME or Flop aren't familiar with the character, or because the character doesn't have much to warrant a massive text wall, but I'd just like to check before I get paranoid of this going into D2.
I can tell you Flop & ME do extensive research into characters. Though just looking at Diavolo's wikia page, there's not all that information there, to compare to like Lightning who has a massively long page. So it's most likely the latter.

This does at least confirm Mega isn't lying about his character and I don't see the role as unreasonable (in fact I'd expect a matching Bulletproof Survivor even), I do still doubt the blue in the alignment name and how the role isn't in bold, but maybe passive roles don't use bold text.

If MegaPod is really independent, I think Crystal Onix is probably telling the truth about why they voted the way they did at the end of the phase. I mean, it's a pretty big thing to miss the entire MegaPod wagon, but would that really be the way you'd want to justify a tie as scum, knowing how unbelievable that sounds? WIFOM for sure, but if MP is independent of some kind, why do that as scum at all? CO's posts after the fact give me a legitimate "oh no what have I done"-kind of feel more than this being a planned tie.

Also did a real quick look back to RC's posts since he was the last one on MP's wagon to compare the final votes on each, and RC tentatively looks consistent at least. Rainbow Cloud had mentioned fairly early that Darth hadn't done anything scummy and that they felt he could be hiding something else role-wise that wasn't jester, so voting the opposing wagon is consistent with what he'd been saying a lot of the phase, which makes the vote look all right. If Darth had been lynched and flipped scum though, that'd be another story.

@DarthWolf
Why did you leave the vote on yourself even at the end of the phase? You even showed up not too far off from EoD.

Megapod claims Unlynchable Survivor (basically a free win, great!)
This is my main issue with the claim. It fits being chaotic for this whole game, but being an unlynchable independent? That makes things so much easier for them once they claim if it's true, since why would mafia ever target them? Only a vig would be a real threat to them winning at that point. I can maybe buy some kind of independent (it does kind of fit MegaPod's very lax manner in this game), but not so sure about the totally unlynchable part.
Also, is anybody else's role PM also not a massive text wall?
Wouldn't really consider mine massive either, I think it just depends on the character or media they are from.

Curious. I can't help but think at least one or two of these votes was done to stop the other from being lynched.

Which ones do you think specifically? I agree that it's a possibility.

I unvoted Caps because it was unfair to write that response to his post and then not give him a chance to go over it. I was, however, under the impression that if I simply unvoted caps, it would tie up the votes between Caps and Darth. I was unaware that there was a leading wagon on MegaPod. Given that, I would have to move my vote onto Darth to lynch him instead.

I do think mafia would have been more aggressive with my lynch. I can buy this for the most part.

I don’t 100% know if CO really wasn’t aware that he was tying the vote, but whether or not he meant to waste the phase, I can at least tell you it wasn’t to save me specifically. And at the risk of being met with utter disbelief, I can inform you all that the phase would’ve been wasted anyways. I’m actually a fully Lynchproof Survivor. Y’all can try voting me off all you like, but only Town would pay the price for that. :v Of course, if you don’t take my word for it I understand where you’re coming from. You’re always welcome to try again! Heck, I’ll still be willing to try and help scumhunt while I’m on here, but for the record, it isn’t my prime directive this game.

This is bullshit and a killing role should kill. :U

The fact that the first screenshot of a role is coming from an Independent claim despite it being asked of from DawningWinds and Pika_Pika considering they seriously claimed their roles is :///

I find the claim hard to believe even for Chaos standards but maybe with more claims, it will make more sense.

agree

I disagree with this and Tood saying this gave me scum vibes and what Tood said is a very easy safe classic scum approach and most of the time that is pretty much the only thing scum can ever say in a style that gets way too repetitive.

They're all pretty good takes though.

Back
Top Bottom