• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chaos Mafia V: This Time it's Personal. Endgame: This Is The Greatest Plan!

Night 5: A Purr-fect Outcome

Final Day 5 Votals:
Crystal Onix: 10.5 (ZinnLav, Lone_Garurumon, Space, Zachie, MegaPod, Officer Snake, DarthWolf, Tood, FinalArcadia, Snowy, TheCapsFan)

Magnificent Entertainer: 1 (Crystal Onix)

Night 5: A Purr-fect Outcome

As the stick figure admired his reflection in a mirror, specifically the shiny badge on his lapel, one of the computers in the control room beeped.
Confused, he turned to face the monitor, and saw that he had a new email.
As he read the message, he noticed that the remaining entities had decided to target another cat today.
Shrugging, he selected the purple cat's icon, and pressed the button with the skull and crossbones.

A giant litter box fell from the heavens, and plummeted toward the feline, who was smiling widely.
At the last moment, the cat disappeared, leaving its gleaming smile visible for just a moment longer than the rest of it.
The litter box crashed down to the ground, but the cat was no longer there. The purple cat reappeared on top of the litter box, still smiling.

Flustered, the stick figure hit the button again. This time, a red laser dot appeared on the ground. Intrigued, the striped cat pounced from the top of the litter box and attempted to capture the mysterious light. The red dot moved around a bit, and the cat followed it, constantly swiping and trying to grab the insubstantial object. The red dot moved onto the cat, and the hidden sniper fired.
Again, at the last moment, the purple feline disappeared, and the bullet went harmlessly into the floor. The cat yawned widely, as it reappeared standing upside down on the ceiling, right behind the hidden sniper.
Startled, the sniper dropped their weapon and fell off their perch. The cat dropped down and clawed at the fallen sniper until they ran away.

Now annoyed beyond all belief, the stick figure pushed the button once more, with a little extra emphasis. A gigantic vacuum cleaner appeared. The purple cat paled a little at the sight of its mortal enemy. As the switch began to flip from "Off" to "On," the cat suddenly spoke.
"Stop," it called out, "I know that I am no longer wanted in this game, but I would rather leave on my own, if it's all the same."
The cat then faded away completely. Not even its smile remained.

Dear Crystal Onix,
AliceinWonderlandCheshireCat-700x531.jpg

Cheshire Cat said:
Most everyone's mad here. Aha... HAHAHAHAHA!! You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself.

You are the Cheshire Cat, from Disney's Alice in Wonderland.

A bizarre cat by any stretch, your strangeness goes beyond just your purple striped fur. You have a permanent smile, and can make yourself completely disappear. Furthermore, you are also capable of transforming your entire body, which you do to either amuse or frighten those unfortunate enough to visit you. You are quite mad, as are all the residents of Wonderland, though you seem to take pride in your madness, and you have a very mysterious aura of mystique that surrounds you. The other inhabitants of Wonderland seem to fear you, though whether it is because you are the maddest of them all or because of your special abilities is unknown. This role PM is fake.
Overall, your nature seems to be rather neutral. Though you do act as a guide for Alice and provide her with helpful advice during her chaotic journey through Wonderland, you also deliberately cause mishaps during Alice's trial, in order to rile up the Queen of Hearts.

Being a mysterious creature, and possibly slightly spectral, it is nearly impossible to actually kill you. However, because of your madness and your general boredom, you find communicating with people to be tedious. As such, you are the Problematic Spirit. After you are killed, you may still contribute to the game by posting in the thread (no OC purr-mitted), but when you do so, it must be in rhyme. You will also have no vote...so, you're basically a Restless Spirit with a post restriction. Have fun with that. :p

You are a member of the Mafia, and you win when all hostile factions have been eliminated or this is inevitable.
This character was submitted by DawningWinds.

It is now Night 5. Night 5 will end in 27 hours at 9:00pm US CDT on 9/26. Have a countdown.

Day 6: Cop Out

Day 6: Cop Out

The elderly man with the thick glasses shuffled casually down the hallway. As he walked, he bumped into something invisible.
"Eh, what?" said the black robed man, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion.
Startled, a bizarre green reptile appeared out of thin air, and scuttled off down the hallway, nearly running into the hard hat wearing mole.
"Hey! Watch it!" shouted the mole, waving his pickax threateningly at the retreating reptile.
Still grumbling, the mole walked down the hallway, nearly bumping into the old man in the black robe.

Still confused, the old man continued his walk down the hallway, not even entirely sure where he was going or what he was doing.

In another part of the complex, a pink haired man was walking down the hallway, when he was snared by a bunch of yellow tentacles. As the pink haired man was dragged into an empty room, he was turned to face his assailant. A familiar smiling yellow face greeted him.
"...you!" exclaimed the pink haired man, "but I thought I killed you!"
The only response he received was an even wider smile from the yellow face.
The door shut ominously behind him, and muffled yelling was heard.

In his office, the stick figure was looking over some important files he had picked up. As his eyes scanned through the information on the pages, his eyebrows raised in befuddlement.
He quickly tore up all of the sheets, and then burned the scraps. He sighed in relief. It's a good thing he had stapled and picked up those forms. Having that information available to the general public would not have been good.
As he was beginning to relax, however, a sad melody began to play. The stick figure began to sob as the song continued playing.
ME is now very sad.

The purple eyed man walked down the hallway, whistling merrily to himself. A muscular blond haired man crept up behind him, but, just as the muscular man reached out to grab the purple eyed man, the green reptile charged out of a nearby junction, and knocked into the muscular blond man. Hearing the commotion, the purple eyed man turned around and was confused to find both the muscular blond man and the green reptile out cold.
"Well that's just weird," he thought, as he continued walking, though he resolved to be more wary of his surroundings.

The brown haired man sat in front of a mirror, engaging in a thought experiment.
"Am I evil?" he thought, "could I possibly be one of the bad guys, and not even be aware that I'm one of the bad guys?"
Curious about the possibilities, he decided to try to psych himself out, only to remember that he was too smart to believe in psychics, he knew that his routine was fake, and that there was nothing impressive about any of his "predictions" about himself, since he already knew his own backstory.
"Hmmmm..." he thought, "this is going to be more challenging than I anticipated."
Knowing that this thought experiment could take a while, the brown haired man pulled a pineapple out of his pocket and began to cut it up.
His mind raced a million miles an hour as he sliced the fruit. He attempted to dissect his actions and analyze who he truly was. Turns out, that was a mistake.

Dear DarthWolf,
latest

Shawn Spencer said:
Pill time everybody! You can't catch me, Macalroy! I'm gonna keep doing this riding around in circles until I get hungry - then I'm going to eat that fountain! I'm like the ice-cream man but with more barbiturates!

You are Shawn Spencer, from the Psych television series.

Born to a police officer from Santa Barbara, your parents separated when you were a teenager. Your detective father trained you to be hyper-observant and honed your sleuthing skills. Combined with your Eidetic memory, you were able to score 100 on the Police Academy exam at the age of 15. Because of your father's influence and training, you developed an aptitude and fondness for doing police work. However, all of that changed after your parents divorced. You began to rebel against your father, and, consequently, lost all interest in joining the police force.
After graduating from high school, you held over 50 jobs, including working in a candy store, starting an acupuncture clinic, and driving a weinermobile. You took these jobs because they were fun, but subsequently quit them once you lost interest. Despite your hatred of your father, you would often use your powers of observation to give the Santa Barbara Police Department anonymous tips to help them solve cases. When the police were able to trace one of those tips back to you, you lied and told the officers you were a psychic, to avoid going to jail on suspicions of being an "inside man." Semi-impressed with your "powers" the Santa Barbara PD hires you on as a psychic consultant, and you and your friend Gus start a "psychic detective agency," called Psych, much to your father's chagrin. This role PM is fake.

Your psychic powers may be phony, but there is no mistaking your skills in observation and deduction. As such, you are the Cop. Once a night, you may PM the hosts: "Investigate: <player>," and you will be informed of their alignment upon the phase change.

You are a member of the Town, and you win when all hostile factions have been eliminated.
This character was submitted by MegaPod.

The old man in the black robe shuffled in to the room the brown haired man had recently been in, only to find a black hole from where the brown haired man had collapsed in on himself.
Not the least bit disturbed, the old man reached into his robe's pocket and pulled out a remote. He pushed a button labeled "collapse," and pointed the remote at the black hole.
Instantly, the black hole collapsed, and gravity returned to normal.
The old man shuffled out of the room, grumbling about how he constantly had to fix other people's messes.
"I don't want to live on this planet anymore," he muttered.

It is now Day 6. Day 6 will end at 9:00pm US CDT on September 28th. Here's a countdown. Please note that the phase update may be late that night, since ME will just be getting back home after Yom Kippur and will need to eat something after a 25 hour fast. The phase is over and all votes are locked once the countdown reaches zero, regardless of when the phase update occurs.

So, I'm looking back through Crystal Onix's posts to see if they ever had any weird interactions with anyone. D1, CO said that Space seemed to be the towniest player, which I don't think mafia would be so bold to say about their scumbuddy. This probably means Space legit is indep one way or another.

Also that phase, Crystal Onix voted TheCapsFan and got into something of a disagreement with him. I'm inclined to think that this was legitimate with how it played out. The weird thing here, however, is when CO tied up the votes at the end of the phase, shifting over to Darth for very little reason. This didn't really save Caps though since MegaPod would've had the majority had that not happened, not TheCapsFan. Not sure what mafia's motivation for that move was if MP is really survivor, unless CO legitimately thought Caps was getting lynched and tried to save him. BUT... I just don't see this as a team, there seemed to legitimately be some tension between Crystal Onix and TheCapsFan in their disagreement, and I don't think that was staged. This makes Caps look good IMO.

The only other notable things I can find are about the Dio Brando speculation:
I'm reading through the posts and I'm seeing a lot of argument based on the speculation that there's both a Diavolo and some other JJBA character in this game and that they're against each other. I'm confused, are we taking it as given that there's another JJBA character in this game, and if so, why?
Was there any mafia-motivated reason for this? @ZinnLav do you know if this discussion happened before or after Officer Snake claimed to be Dio Brando to you?

@ZinnLav do you know if this discussion happened before or after Officer Snake claimed to be Dio Brando to you?
Snake claimed after.
I asked him to Roleblock Zachie last night, at Darth's request, flavour suggests he did not. Darth was checking himself to see if he had any hidden modifier that could result in a false Cop Check. Why? Because Zachie showed up as Mafia and Snake showed up as Town and we wanted to be sure we got the right person.

**Vote: Zachie**

On phone right now, I'll get the proper screenshots later

When CyanideCrystal flipped, it listed their hidden Vigilante modifier that revealed they had no bullets and was actually Vanilla. Thus anyone else with hidden modifiers should also been shown when they flip

When CyanideCrystal flipped, it listed their hidden Vigilante modifier that revealed they had no bullets and was actually Vanilla. Thus anyone else with hidden modifiers should also been shown when they flip
This is also Chaos mafia and things aren’t always as they seem, I wouldn’t put anything past ME. He’s a little bit crazy.

1601180085606.png
I gave Zach the benefit of the doubt.
Though it doesn't help that according to the flavour Snake went after Lone even though I said we suspected Zach as lying.
Flavour also suggests that action didn't work? I'll do full flavour now.

The elderly man with the thick glasses shuffled casually down the hallway. As he walked, he bumped into something invisible.
"Eh, what?" said the black robed man, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion.
Startled, a bizarre green reptile appeared out of thin air, and scuttled off down the hallway, nearly running into the hard hat wearing mole.
"Hey! Watch it!" shouted the mole, waving his pickax threateningly at the retreating reptile.
Still grumbling, the mole walked down the hallway, nearly bumping into the old man in the black robe.

Still confused, the old man continued his walk down the hallway, not even entirely sure where he was going or what he was doing.
I assume this green reptile is someone's Fake Role PM. Perhaps someone else requested Farnsworth, though nobody is taking credit.

In another part of the complex, a pink haired man was walking down the hallway, when he was snared by a bunch of yellow tentacles. As the pink haired man was dragged into an empty room, he was turned to face his assailant. A familiar smiling yellow face greeted him.
"...you!" exclaimed the pink haired man, "but I thought I killed you!"
The only response he received was an even wider smile from the yellow face.
The door shut ominously behind him, and muffled yelling was heard.
Sounds like Lone targeted Space for the Teacher role.

In his office, the stick figure was looking over some important files he had picked up. As his eyes scanned through the information on the pages, his eyebrows raised in befuddlement.
He quickly tore up all of the sheets, and then burned the scraps. He sighed in relief. It's a good thing he had stapled and picked up those forms. Having that information available to the general public would not have been good.
As he was beginning to relax, however, a sad melody began to play. The stick figure began to sob as the song continued playing.
ME is now very sad.
This is the music controller changing the song again, this song is "Sad", we're still not really clear on the effects, other than it changing the flavour a bit or killing the hosts. Also mentions the Rube Goldberg Machine which failed. I think everyone should claim items they've seen in the game.

The purple eyed man walked down the hallway, whistling merrily to himself. A muscular blond haired man crept up behind him, but, just as the muscular man reached out to grab the purple eyed man, the green reptile charged out of a nearby junction, and knocked into the muscular blond man. Hearing the commotion, the purple eyed man turned around and was confused to find both the muscular blond man and the green reptile out cold.
"Well that's just weird," he thought, as he continued walking, though he resolved to be more wary of his surroundings.
Purple eyes is Lone, Blond hair is Snake. Sounds like Snake tried to Roleblock Lone, this green reptile is a Fake Role PM I think? It mentions they both went out cold, which sounds like the Roleblock failed. Unless Snake was actually attempting a kill on Lone and it failed because of BPV.

The brown haired man sat in front of a mirror, engaging in a thought experiment.
"Am I evil?" he thought, "could I possibly be one of the bad guys, and not even be aware that I'm one of the bad guys?"
Curious about the possibilities, he decided to try to psych himself out, only to remember that he was too smart to believe in psychics, he knew that his routine was fake, and that there was nothing impressive about any of his "predictions" about himself, since he already knew his own backstory.
"Hmmmm..." he thought, "this is going to be more challenging than I anticipated."
Knowing that this thought experiment could take a while, the brown haired man pulled a pineapple out of his pocket and began to cut it up.
His mind raced a million miles an hour as he sliced the fruit. He attempted to dissect his actions and analyze who he truly was. Turns out, that was a mistake.

DarthWolf imploded
This is Darth Cop Checking himself, whether that guarantees to kill the player or if he also a Mafia target, I'm not sure. I'm actually not that surprised if the Cop Check killed him.

The old man in the black robe shuffled in to the room the brown haired man had recently been in, only to find a black hole from where the brown haired man had collapsed in on himself.
Not the least bit disturbed, the old man reached into his robe's pocket and pulled out a remote. He pushed a button labeled "collapse," and pointed the remote at the black hole.
Instantly, the black hole collapsed, and gravity returned to normal.
The old man shuffled out of the room, grumbling about how he constantly had to fix other people's messes.
"I don't want to live on this planet anymore," he muttered.
Farnsworth again, near another dead player.

Sorry for the triple post
Another thing I just remembered, Zachie told me that CO submitted his character and CO confirmed it was a spellcaster without any context.
But if Zachie already had a Fake Role PM in advance, it could explain why the Ezel Berbier is mentioned in the flavour, since other Fake Role PMs are.
It would be easy for a fellow Mafia partner to back up a claim for a Fake Role PM.

This is assuming that I made a fake role PM at all.. which I didn't. As I said, I've been honest with you from the start. You're the one that gave me a fake role and I trusted it. :p

Since you say Snake was meant to RB me, someone you considered Mafia, and he didn't, that's where my vote will be going.

VOTE: Officer Snake

Vote: Zachie

A scum result from a Cop who did not flip with any modifiers like Cyanide or Pika did is pretty damning. That two roles flipped with their hidden modifiers implies that it's a standard aspect of the flips, and the fact that Darth did not flip one implies a true sanity.

@ZinnLav Perhaps you should give a list of Darth's results? Could be handy for people to know.

Sounds like Lone targeted Space for the Teacher role.
Can confirm this fact as true.
Purple eyes is Lone, Blond hair is Snake. Sounds like Snake tried to Roleblock Lone, this green reptile is a Fake Role PM I think? It mentions they both went out cold, which sounds like the Roleblock failed. Unless Snake was actually attempting a kill on Lone and it failed because of BPV.
Definitely not a kill as I still have my vest. Block is possible given that I haven't gotten a message about whether I've gotten another vest or not, and I usually get a result that tells me yes or no. It's possible Space just hasn't decided whether or not to comply though, it has only been 4 hours after all.

@ZinnLav Perhaps you should give a list of Darth's results? Could be handy for people to know.
I didn't really get a concise list or anything.
N1 - He tried to visit Space, but got Roleblocked by Snake.
N2 - I think he tried to check MegaPod? I assume it was successful and he confirmed the Independent
1601185833782.png

N3 - Officer Snake, returned as Town
1601185974769.png

N4 - Zachie, returned as Mafia
N5 - Himself, possibly killed him
1601186054272.png

Attachments

• 1601186015846.png
    1601186015846.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 43
Back
Top Bottom