• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chaos Mafia V: This Time it's Personal. Endgame: This Is The Greatest Plan!

Night 6: No Flavor, I'm Too Tired

Final Day 6 Votals:
Officer Snake: 0.5 (Zachie)
Zachie: 7 (Lone_Garurumon, MegaPod, FinalArcadia, Tood, TheCapsFan, Officer Snake, Space)

Night 6: No Flavor, I'm Too Tired

Dear Zachie,
Ezel.Berbier.full.1712276.jpg

Ezel said:
It's hard when everyone thinks of you as a genius.
You are Ezel Berbier from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

Ezel is a secret recruitable character. His job, unique to him, is the Hermetic - an alchemist with incredibly specific yet potent abilities. He buys and sells law cards that players can use to influence the rules of engagement, and is the acclaimed inventor of anti-laws - cards that nullify the effects of laws when used. He charges massive amounts of money for these cards, earning him a negative reputation from his customers.

Your unique abilities make you the Spellcaster. You may cast one spell a night. You have 50 MP that you can use to cast the following spells:

Astra (5 MP) - Choose a target. For the night, the targeted player will gain immunity to all non-killing abilities they are targeted by.

Azoth (30 MP) - The night this spell is cast, all other players fall asleep and their roles do not take effect.

Raise (45 MP) - Choose a dead player. That player is revived from the dead, retaining their original role and alignment.

You are a member of the Mafia, and you win when all hostile factions have been eliminated or this is inevitable.
This character was submitted by Crystal Onix.

Dear MegaPod,
150px-Diavolo_anime.png

Diavolo said:
Only the results! In this world, only the results matter

You are Diavolo, an antagonist of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Diavolo is the boss of the mafia-esque gang Passione, and a stand user who wields the stand King Crimson. He is obsessive about maintaining his secrecy, communicating with his underlings via distant communication only and killing anyone who comes too close to discovering his identity. He is even willing to kill his own daughter due to the threat she poses to his secrecy. Diavolo's stand, King Crimson, allows him to erase and change 10-second windows of time. Diavolo has a second, kinder personality, who acts as his underboss.

Passione has a hit out on Zachie, which you feel the need to directly oversee. You are the Executioner. You wish to see Zachie lynched, killed by your hand. King Crimson's ability to erase time makes you virtually Unkillable. However, if <target> is killed outside of the lynch, you die with them as punishment for your failure.

You are allied with Yourself and win when Zachie is lynched. If they survive to endgame, or die from another source, you lose the game.

This character was submitted by Tood.

hidden: if you are lynched or shot an odd number of times, you will alternate between your current role and this one:
xXgw9xjAodusxqoyl0TlzGBXIK8_jLSpJ782lMs1aQI.jpg

Diavolo to Doppio said:
You are the only one I can trust. Understand? You are my greatest.

You have switched to Vinegar Doppio, an antagonist of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Doppio is the underboss of the mafia-esque gang Passione, and a partial stand user who wields parts of the stand King Crimson. Although his loyalty to his boss and alter ego Diavolo makes him more than willing to commit acts of violence, he is usually a friendly and gentle man by nature, if forgetful. Doppio does not realise that Diavolo is his alter ego, and uses everyday objects as "phones" to communicate with him. He wields a sub-ability of Diavolo's Stand, Epitaph, which allows him to get brief glimpses into the future. Those glimpses are vague, static images but can be interpreted to give warning of attacks.

You know that your boss needs Zachie for something. You can't remember what it is, but it's important that you keep them safe until the Boss can deal with them. As such, you are the Protector. You need Zachie to stay alive at all costs. Epitaph's ablility to warn you of the future makes you virtually Unkillable. However, if Zachie dies, you die with them as punishment for your failure.

You are allied with Yourself and win if Zachie survives to endgame. If they die, you lose the game.

This character was submitted by Tood.

It is now Night 6. Night 6 will end at 9:00pm US CDT on 9/29. Here. I'm going to go lay down and hope I'm not getting a migraine.

I... I think he did. I'm pretty sure Darth said he shot him, and I don;t recall anybody else saying anything like that. I know I didn't at least.
Didn't Mafia also target him at one point? Pika on N2?
Removed from game implies he reached his win condition, because he didn't die with Zachie.

Also that explains the N1 kill perfectly now. Zach lied about the Asectic thing, I should've picked up on it sooner when CO mentioned they knew they were getting Asectic on N2, Zach claimed it was delayed and wouldn't use an action N2.

My reads now:
TheCapsFan - Caps is interesting, his role is that he can pick a genre and it affects the music in the Control Room that directly impacts flavour, he says he doesn't know what each one does, but it was directly responisble for enforcing the D2 Post Restriction as a result of Flop's death and caused the D4 flavour text to be impossible to understand. If he's Town, he's a role that affects Town badly, most of the genres are negative: "Grumpy, Lazy, Sad, Hard to say" as well as Happy & Special Song (which caused the Host attack)
ZinnLav - 100% Town, it's myself and I've been trying to solve everything from the start, directly responsible for all three Mafia lynches (That'd be quite the bus if I was Mafia)
Lone_Garurumon - 100% Amnesiac turned Teacher, has proven his role by well enforcing post restrictions on people and taken hits from Mafia.
Snowy - Simply by the virtue of the role that Snowy has, I cannot imagine him being Mafia, a Lynchproof Mafia would make this game unwinnable, since we don't have any night kills (especially if the Sniper is lost), Snowy's Role PM helped me confirm that MegaPod was lying about being Unlynchable, since it didn't match Snowy's role that did the same thing, it's clear Mega got Unlynchable from his actual role of Unkillable. At the very least Snowy isn't lying about his Role PM, otherwise he'd get a fake one that used the same role name as MegaPod's (Unlynchable)
Tood - 100% a Watcher, proved it when he saw HD pass the Detective's badge over to me and I hadn't mentioned it. Very slim chance he could be Mafia, happened to be watching Lone on N5 despite the request that he always watch Darth who was the Cop and didn't get to see who killed him (if anyone).
Officer Snake - 100% Town, barring any Godfather role, was Cop Cleared by DarthWolf. Confirmed Roleblocker too, and hasn't lied about being Dio, as it's mentioned in the Roleblocked message.
Space (Formely Felly) - 100% Independent, Space made a kill on N1, and so did Zachie, thus Mafia didn't have two kills (though this being bastard would be possible but highly broken in favor of Mafia), still a slim chance she could be a Serial Killer, but if so, she can't win, as we'd quickly jump on her. I'm willing to believe her Survivor with 3x Vigilante claim
FinalArcadia - While it's true that she offered to take the Space hit to waste the kill, it could've also have been a ploy, while true it's likely FA is 1x Bulletproof, it's also an easy enough fake claim.

So my top lynch targets would be:
TheCapsFan
FinalArcadia
Space

Everyone else is a Town read.

TheCapsFan sounds like the best choice for the next day phase, yeah. The weird thing is that his argument with Crystal Onix back on D1 or whenever felt legit enough, but at the same time, I guess it really led nowhere? Not impossible to be a distancing attempt and they're both players who I could realistically see doing something like that. Crystal Onix notably DID have a vote on TheCapsFan and then unvote him extremely late, saying that they wanted to give him time to respond while then placing a vote on Darth IIRC (which wouldn't give him time to respond by that same logic) and this was when Caps had a decent amount of votes, too. Could make sense.

Also, just a random aside, but @Crystal Onix you have good taste submitting a FFTA character. My favorite Final Fantasy and it never gets enough love. #MarcheDidNothingWrong

Oh, and if it's not TheCapsFan, it's gotta be Officer Snake. I know that I'm not confirmed either so of course I'd say that, but out of the three mafia we've seen flip, not a single one was godfather, and godfather + roleblocker as a role combo isn't exactly uncommon. And yadda yadda blah blah my same spiel about how Dio both a) seems unlikely to be town and b) seems unlikely to simply be a roleblocker. I just really REALLY don't want another situation where a godfather sneaks by and ends up winning because town wrote them off due to a copcheck.

Just wanted to pop in here and say I totally understand and agree that I am the best lynch for tomorrow. Disappearing after day 2? i think is pretty scummy, especially given how active I was on Day 1. Not to be super meta but this occurred in both of the games I was in so it's not like my inactivity is necessarily alignment indicative (I don't plan on making it a habit, I just got overly busy with work and ~other things~ that popped up which were out of my control).

I don't plan on going out lightly, I personally think it's very possible that either Officer Snake or FA are the last scum. Though it seems you've been playing towny FA, you are a good player and it's possible that you've duped the town; I've seen you do it before. As for Officer Snake, flashbacks of Mido in the last game come to mind. And I've got tinfoil paranoia of Zinn, but it's small. It might get larger depending on what goes on in the night.

It's also possible that we've lynched all of the scum and the last threat would be Space as a hostile independent. Or maybe ME the host is mafia too. Again, hopefully we'll be able to figure this out after another phase.

Day 7: A Big Nothingburger

Day 7: A Big Nothingburger

As night fell, a thunderstorm started. The recently dug grave of the brown haired man was struck by an errant lightning bolt. The energy surged through the ground, and was conducted into the metal casket. A thumping could be heard from within the metal tube, and, moments later, the top of the casket began glowing as it started to heat up. A few moments later, and the casket had been melted through. An orange chicken head popped up out of the ground, though it looked like it had seen better days. It was missing an eye, and looked as though it had begun to rot.
What the heck is going on?!

In the control room, the stick figure watched this unfold, and immediately stood up, slamming his hands down on the controls.
"No!" he exclaimed, "we are not having any of that."
With the shiny badge still pinned to his lapel, the stick figure rushed out of the control room, remembering to lock the door behind him this time.

Meanwhile, the man in the white lab coat was walking down the hallway when the mad mole with the pickax approached from the other direction.
Upon seeing the man in the lab coat, the mole got furious.
"You!" he exclaimed, leveling his pickax, "I know you're the one responsible for all these resets!"
"What are you talking about?" said the man in the lab coat, "I may be a mad scientist, but..."
"But nothing!" interrupted the mole, "it's about time I showed you what I do to people who cause resets!"
With that, the mole ran toward the man in the lab coat, swinging his pickax menacingly. The man in the lab coat decided that discretion was the better part of valor, turned around, and fled.
As the duo were fleeing, the green reptile, who had been invisible, appeared nearby, the red zigzag stripe on its torso appearing just before the rest of it. The reptile cocked its head to the side, stuck out its tongue, and walked in the opposite direction, turning invisible once again.

The ancient man in the black robe shuffled down a different hallway. As he approached a doorway, the door suddenly opened, and a bunch of yellow tentacles emerged from the room.
The old man stopped walking and glanced at the tentacles.
"Oh my, no," he said, turning around and shuffling away as fast as he could.
The purple eyed man, who was coming at the door from a different direction, was not so lucky. The tentacles snagged him, and dragged him inside the room.
After a brief moment of confusion, the purple haired man dashed out of the room, his fancy clothes all askew.

Meanwhile, a blond haired muscleman approached his target from behind. The suspicious figure was hacking into the sound system and preparing to change the song yet again.
"Not this time," grunted the muscleman, reaching out to grab the shadowy being.

Having escaped from the yellow tentacles, the old man with the thick glasses continued his aimless shuffling down the hallways. The invisible reptile bumped into him, startling him.
"Who's there?!" he demanded, pulling out on of his Doomsday rays, "I warn you, I'm armed!"
He fired a shot in the direction of the reptile, but completely missed his invisible adversary.
Spooked, the reptile briefly turned visible as it dashed around the old man and ran for safety.
Being extremely old, the man in the black robe couldn't possible give chase to the fleeing reptile.
"Drat," he muttered. Then he shrugged and wandered off again.

The stick figure arrived at the grave where the zombified fire chicken was now fully emerged.
"No you don't!" exclaimed the stick figure.
The only response was a blast of embers from the fire chicken.
The stick figure dodged, and pulled out a shovel.
"I'm going to bury you back where you belong," he proclaimed.
The stick figure swung the shovel at the orange feathered zombie, and managed to hit it.
However, the strange being clamped it beak on the shovel and dragged it out of the stick figure's hands.
It then tossed the shovel away and charged at the stick figure, spewing out flames as it ran.
Just when it looked like the stick figure was going to be toast, the badge on his lapel began to glow.
In the sky, the bat signal appeared, and, moments later, Batman himself appeared.
"What can I do for you, citizen?" he asked the stick figure, who was holding the badge, in awe.
The stick figure silently pointed at the zombified chicken.
"I see," said the caped hero, "well I've got just the thing for that!"
The resourceful billionaire reached into his utility belt and pulled out a can of Chicken Repellent. He sprayed it all over the tiny fire bird, who immediately keeled over, dead once again.
The stick figure picked up his shovel and dug another grave. He pushed the re-deadified fire chicken into the newly dug grave, filled the grave, and surrounded the area with Greek yogurt.
Batman has prevented a terrible resurrection from occurring.

Batman watched the stick figure's efforts, thoroughly confused. The stick figure walked up to the superhero.
"Thanks for your help," he said.
Batman cleared his throat and held out his hand.
The stick figure was confused for a moment, and then the unhappy realization struck him.
He unpinned the badge from his lapel and handed it over to Batman.
"Very good, citizen," he said, "my work here is done."
With that, he pushed a button to summon the Batmobile, and drove off.

The stick figure sadly returned to the control room and sat down. It had been a long and crazy night, and he didn't even have anything left to show for it.

Nobody has died. It is now Day 7, which means it is the Sabbath. Day 7 will end at 9:00pm US CDT on 10/1. I'm sure I left that countdown around here somewhere...

I can, at the very least, confirm that I've not lost a vest. I have three. I'm fucking invincible, baby.

Speaking of, @FinalArcadia, any particular reason you decided it'd be better to take the post restriction than the roleblock. Given that you claim to have no role that would need to remain active, and I've made no secret of the fact that I just keep getting vests.

I can, at the very least, confirm that I've not lost a vest. I have three. I'm fucking invincible, baby.

Speaking of, @FinalArcadia, any particular reason you decided it'd be better to take the post restriction than the roleblock. Given that you claim to have no role that would need to remain active, and I've made no secret of the fact that I just keep getting vests.
4grmuj.jpg

Back
Top Bottom