• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chaos Mafia V: This Time it's Personal. Endgame: This Is The Greatest Plan!

I mean, ever consider that your inactivity was different from your usual behavior which is why I found it odd?
Because it’s not like I’m super active usually as mafia or town. So yeah me not posting like crazy will be strange, regardless of my alignment.
I'm not sold at the idea that you're being mafia, I just noted that the fact you were quiet didn't sit well with me. That's all. I'm not trying to be opportunistic, I don't know why so many people think I am this game
We literally just finished DAY 1 and you wanted to lynch me because I wasn’t yet posting massive amounts in a massively active game. I have had people take advantage of my real life effecting my ability to post and gotten lynched because I can’t defend myself. So yeah it looks like you taking an opportunity.
MegaPod is more proactive, sicks his teeth into things more, and just has more passion in his games. This game was just off for him, while with Snowy, it wasn't really off for me.
Human, how much time do you have for posting? You guys are expecting him to already be super active when it has only been day one. A very active day one that if you can’t check constantly, gets spent playing catch up.
Why are you lost? What's so different about this game compared to other games?
Busy day one and random wagons with no logic. I honestly can’t follow the multiple conversations that were happening, and ones I could became moot to respond to by the I could.
It was one game by Master Mew, a different host, yeeeaaaars ago. I also don't think that ME would make the big game of the forum year have a condition that would result in the game in ending if one particular player was lynched.

What a lame excuse.

I miss "Independents are bad and should be lynched ASAP because I hate them." Midorikawa.
well I never thought that a game could end by lynching the hosts but apparently that was legit in a previous oen
Then... HE USES THE ROLE DAY 1 AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE AND WE ALREADY GO THROUGH USING IT. Now if he is any of that, he has it saved up for later!
ive been hit by a day one lynch redirect as cop, sorry if I’m paranoid of bad aim. Also it would have been the same as our current no lynch situation.

Stopped the lynch? Great tells us nothing. Redirected, still nothing because of course anyone would protect themselves day one.
Also, this game is going much faster than I expected and it's a bit difficult to catch up but I am trying and hopefully will be more active now, so please excuse my inactivity and delayed response.
Apparently that’s scummy this game.
@Zachie who did you submit
Tyson.
Is it bad that my mind went to Wario before it went to Beyblade
Yes.
Just be straightforward, that can give us a better idea of mido's role
Well this isn’t obvious rolefishing.
To be fair they called a PGO a Granny.
I honestly know it more as granny.
I just thought of a great idea. How about we ask ME and Doctor Floptopus to fake us an Independent Survivor Role PM and see if they give it the blue color and no bold?
It’s pretty much the same, so I guess the blue is normal and nothing out of the ordinary by itself. Doesn’t mean MegaPod is actually Independent, but there you go!
How do we know that’s not just how they do te fake ones?

Now to end the inactivity conversation, because me having a life is apparently scummy. My work is busy. Ridiculously so. I still try my best to keep up, but stop trying to use my activity as evidence because I have shown the same activity levels as both alignments.

And activity should not be used towards anyone. People have lives that effect what they can do. And at least in retail, this is the time when stuff starts to pick back up, so no doubt some of us will have less time.

It just takes away the enjoyment when people are getting attacked for literally not being able to put in more effort.

Activity =/= alignment. Especially when it has been only one day phase f pure chaos.

Human, how much time do you have for posting? You guys are expecting him to already be super active when it has only been day one. A very active day one that if you can’t check constantly, gets spent playing catch up.

Enough for here. Didn't have time to bust my what l knew as Mafia for any of my championship games with how active those games are compared to here. It's easier for me to produce posts as Town than Mafia.

Busy day one and random wagons with no logic. I honestly can’t follow the multiple conversations that were happening, and ones I could became moot to respond to by the I could.

Aren't Day Ones usually always busy here anyway? I can see why you'd think the DarthWolf one had one logic.

well I never thought that a game could end by lynching the hosts but apparently that was legit in a previous oen

Which game? Though, wouldn't this be a different case anyway?

ive been hit by a day one lynch redirect as cop, sorry if I’m paranoid of bad aim. Also it would have been the same as our current no lynch situation.

Stopped the lynch? Great tells us nothing. Redirected, still nothing because of course anyone would protect themselves day one.

But if they claim Jester, then they could make players not want to lynch them and thus their role won't be used? If it was redirected, it wouldn't necessarily hit you, but somebody else?

Apparently that’s scummy this game.

In my second Championship game, I was Mafia and had a harder time to catch up and produce content. I'm talking about analysis, reads, and conclusions. I was heavily suspected and the Town against me would pressure me for reads and the like. I was eventually found out :(.

How do we know that’s not just how they do te fake ones?

Then there would be no point in providing fakes if they decide to do them any differently...?

Now to end the inactivity conversation, because me having a life is apparently scummy. My work is busy. Ridiculously so. I still try my best to keep up, but stop trying to use my activity as evidence because I have shown the same activity levels as both alignments.

And activity should not be used towards anyone. People have lives that effect what they can do. And at least in retail, this is the time when stuff starts to pick back up, so no doubt some of us will have less time.

It just takes away the enjoyment when people are getting attacked for literally not being able to put in more effort.

Activity =/= alignment. Especially when it has been only one day phase f pure chaos.

It was just never about just activity, but also the content you give in that activity. The biggest thing you put out was TheCapsFan vote and I didn't like it. MegaPod was strange because while he posted, he would put out a few sentences with barely any solving going on, like he was just there you know? That was my criticism of your posts, it wasn't just activity, so just pretending that it is just makes it a strawman.

Also, saying that people are getting attacked for not being able to put in more effort sounds like a massive exaggeration. Nobody here is out to play unfairly with anyone here (except Mafia, it's their job to be dirty). I don't recall anyone voting you Day 1, but only expressing concerns - which is normal - it's Mafia. If what little activity you have has negligible content, then it's up to you to do better.

How did you not notice the megapod wagon?
Because when I started responding to TheCapsFan, it was a few hours before phase end and I spent that time working on how to make TheCapsFan understand what I'm talking about, and attempt to not abuse him or feel abused in the process. Understanding DarthWolf's comment to Snowy as sarcastic vs. sincere is a pretty fundamental underpinning to my understanding of what HumanDawn, TheCapsFan and I were arguing about, and I had to carefully deconstruct my ideas to work my way down that far because going into it, DarthWolf's sarcasm in that post was super obvious in my mind, so it became as much about thinking of TheCapsFan's arguments as being in good faith and figure out where he was coming from, as it was about me trying to make him understand me. That and sometimes I forget that what I take as obvious really isn't.
Well I do apologize if I've been a bit harsh. I've actually been trying to take this game a bit easier since the last couple games I've played, in TWR and out, have been very aggressive. But I apologize. I'm not trying to make you feel bad or anything.

...Although that is a very strong accusation you're throwing my way. To answer your question, I don't think that I would make the judgement that they were purposefully doing it one way or the other.
You're right, that was harsh of me. I'm sorry.
Okay that's fair, but you didn't expect me to actually have info on Darth being Kingmaker though, did you? There's literally no way that could be the case, even if I were mafia it's not like we have N0 actions in this game to get information. So why bring it up?
Just in two very specific situations. If you were a daytime role (which I've played alongside before, and this is Chaos Mafia, so why not?) or you two were scumbuddies, so it might have been a useful remark to poke at.

It depends on the situation? I mean, it's frickin' D1. Scum is using today to set up their play later down the line whether it be through distancing, voting, or disappearing. Mannerisms that can make you look good early are common and a good strategy for scum to use. Like big words.
Point taken.

So after ALL THAT...you end up on the same lynch as me at day's end. Soooo weird.
Because something is definitely up with DarthWolf. First he piles on his own wagon, then he attracts a ton of attention in a way I've only seen scum bombs and jesters do, then apparently he claimed jester in private, and it was just taken as fact that he did claim in private, but I'm missing something there, and that's as far as I got before starting my last post, and apparently since then, DarthWolf retracted his jester claim.

I'm going to anticipate questions about if DarthWolf were a scum bomb, why ever would scumbuddy!TheCapsFan ever join a wagon to lynch him? I mentioned that first game of mafia I ever played that's stuck with me ever since. Phoenicks's LotR Mafia, where Leggo was Sauron, a scum bomb variant where everyone on the wagon didn't die, but rather read as scum when cop checked, so that's just a precedent that's stuck in the back of my mind, something that's possible even though I've seen more jesters than Saurons.

Please not that I started this post last night and fell asleep at my desk in the middle of writing it, so I'll be catching up on what's been written since then.

I'm going to anticipate questions about if DarthWolf were a scum bomb, why ever would scumbuddy!TheCapsFan ever join a wagon to lynch him? I mentioned that first game of mafia I ever played that's stuck with me ever since. Phoenicks's LotR Mafia, where Leggo was Sauron, a scum bomb variant where everyone on the wagon didn't die, but rather read as scum when cop checked, so that's just a precedent that's stuck in the back of my mind, something that's possible even though I've seen more jesters than Saurons.

Please not that I started this post last night and fell asleep at my desk in the middle of writing it, so I'll be catching up on what's been written since then.

Oh, I loved that game! Probably one of my best scum performances :) . I can see how your paranoia makes sense, and ultimately you ended up voting DarthWolf in the end.

Also don't worry man, your health comes first.

what are your general thoughts on MegaPod's claim?
Idk. I’ve only been in I think two of the chaos mafias so idk how much a survivor makes sense. And lynch proof is very convenient and a possible waste to test. I think he makes a great vig kill.
Which game? Though, wouldn't this be a different case anyway?
Chaos mafia 4 I think others said. And the point is the hosts are crazy enough to do jsut that since apparently twin could have won after one phase.
But if they claim Jester, then they could make players not want to lynch them and thus their role won't be used? If it was redirected, it wouldn't necessarily hit you, but somebody else?
I did explain this. Redirect without more infor before hand is the same as O no lynch.

In my second Championship game, I was Mafia and had a harder time to catch up and produce content. I'm talking about analysis, reads, and conclusions. I was heavily suspected and the Town against me would pressure me for reads and the like. I was eventually found out :(.
I was scumread in my championship game for not posting lots.
Then there would be no point in providing fakes if they decide to do them any differently...?
Fair point.
Because when I started responding to TheCapsFan, it was a few hours before phase end and I spent that time working on how to make TheCapsFan understand what I'm talking about, and attempt to not abuse him or feel abused in the process. Understanding DarthWolf's comment to Snowy as sarcastic vs. sincere is a pretty fundamental underpinning to my understanding of what HumanDawn, TheCapsFan and I were arguing about, and I had to carefully deconstruct my ideas to work my way down that far because going into it, DarthWolf's sarcasm in that post was super obvious in my mind, so it became as much about thinking of TheCapsFan's arguments as being in good faith and figure out where he was coming from, as it was about me trying to make him understand me. That and sometimes I forget that what I take as obvious really isn't.
This is a really long response to a simple question. I find it interesting that you go off on a tangent. We’re you reading the thread as you posted?

It was just never about just activity, but also the content you give in that activity. The biggest thing you put out was TheCapsFan vote and I didn't like it. MegaPod was strange because while he posted, he would put out a few sentences with barely any solving going on, like he was just there you know? That was my criticism of your posts, it wasn't just activity, so just pretending that it is just makes it a strawman.

Also, saying that people are getting attacked for not being able to put in more effort sounds like a massive exaggeration. Nobody here is out to play unfairly with anyone here (except Mafia, it's their job to be dirty). I don't recall anyone voting you Day 1, but only expressing concerns - which is normal - it's Mafia. If what little activity you have has negligible content, then it's up to you to do better.
That’s not what I was seeing it worded as. I was just seeing people are being inactive not x posts don’t seem like normal.

Caps literally said he wanted to lynch inactives specifying me and deku. He said nothing about behavior outside of activity. I’ve seen so many posts commenting on activity and people not being as active as D1 or active outside the thread. How about instead of using the word activity you specify actual posts and content in them, because I haven’t been seeing many comment or really any about my actual posts. Just comments about my lack of activity, and referencing sonic mafia D1.

I was scumread in my championship game for not posting lots.

Well, getting into a Championship game and not posting much kind of gives people in a paranoia game "Why did you even bother accepting to play?" :M.

I can see more about what you mean about the Jester thing. I disagree because they could still ultimately be Mafia but, whatever.

Well, getting into a Championship game and not posting much kind of gives people in a paranoia game "Why did you even bother accepting to play?" :M.

I can see more about what you mean about the Jester thing. I disagree because they could still ultimately be Mafia but, whatever.
Well you’re not allowed a life in the championship game.

And I agree darth could still be mafia, but in a game where roles mean nothing of alignment, I want to try to be a little more careful.

[QU
That’s not what I was seeing it worded as. I was just seeing people are being inactive not x posts don’t seem like normal.

Caps literally said he wanted to lynch inactives specifying me and deku. He said nothing about behavior outside of activity. I’ve seen so many posts commenting on activity and people not being as active as D1 or active outside the thread. How about instead of using the word activity you specify actual posts and content in them, because I haven’t been seeing many comment or really any about my actual posts. Just comments about my lack of activity, and referencing sonic mafia D1.

I went to look over what he said exactly, and he said this:

I mean, it's not as much of a policy lynch as a Day 1 survivor claim would be for me, but I don't see any reason for him to lie about his role unless he were mafia? But I also don't see any reason for him to claim there. He could just be joking, I suppose, but it still is kinda weird.

I SUPPOSE I would be okay with a MegaPod lynch, I think if we're gonna lynch an inactive I'd rather it be Deku or maybe even Mido but MegaPod isn't the worst option for today. I am gonna keep my vote on Darth for now though and see how things progress heading until EoD.

Which means, that if it came to lynching inactives, those would be his choices, not that he wants to lynch them. Understanding context is important, so I'm just seeing straws again.

@TheCapsFan why just those two specifically again though out of other inactives?

In my head and my posts, I always criticized your post content, and you even defend yourself against it saying the game is just busy and it's confusing, which would mean you acknowledge that you defend yourself outside of activity criticism.

Well you’re not allowed a life in the championship game.

And I agree darth could still be mafia, but in a game where roles mean nothing of alignment, I want to try to be a little more careful.

Heh, I would actually view the game thread on my phone and just not comment and not engage.

It's Chaos Mafia. If we are too careful in the Chaos, it may consume us instead because we were afraid of the possibilities.

Which means, that if it came to lynching inactives, those would be his choices, not that he wants to lynch them. Understanding context is important, so I'm just seeing straws again.
the point remains that he was calling me inactive and was putting forth the idea of a lynch based on inactivity
It's Chaos Mafia. If we are too careful in the Chaos, it may consume us instead because we were afraid of the possibilities.
Maybe. But I don’t know what to expect so I have my way of playing and you have yours.

my head and my posts, I always criticized your post content, and you even defend yourself against it saying the game is just busy and it's confusing, which would mean you acknowledge that you defend yourself outside of activity criticism.
I try to respond to whatever is said, but outside of you asking why I’m confused no one else has, and I made those confusion comments without prompting mostly because I legit was lost D1.

If a game is slow then even with real life in the way I can usually make nice competent posts since I’m not playing catch up but a busy game it’s harder to play catch up and posting before reading stuff usually looks bad since you’ll have outdated responses or just reiterate stuff pointlessly.

And by telling people I’m confused I can also let them know not to expect some ephiphany.

She did not say much on day 1 and because of this I wasn't able to get any scum pings from her yet where I would come and disagree with her.
Yet? Why that choice of wording?

@HumanDawnWhy did you ask Jinjo about me out of everyone else? Because she always scumreads me regardless of my alignment. It seems like a strange choice.

Back
Top Bottom