• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chaos Mafia V: This Time it's Personal. Endgame: This Is The Greatest Plan!

Im back and it seems that I have woken up to 5 notifications.... I skimmed what was said really fast at least. No post from MegaPod makes me a bit too worried here. DarthWolf retracted Jester lol, but yes @Space it is blue as it is a Hosts tag. Don’t remember which game he hosted with ZinnLav though.
Tokyo Ghoul Mafia, Black Butler Mafia, Mentor Mafia: Rainbow Rocket Strikes Back and Zinn's Future Mafia Game Mafia (currently in sign-ups, hence why his role is applied)

This is hurting my brain. I read back and didn't see any problem with what HD said. It was a valid point.
Mindmeld defence here, because if I was in TheCapsFan's spot, I would have probably defended myself the exact same way because these were the thoughts that crossed my mind about Lone_Garurumon's arguments.
"Mindmeld defence," that phrase really stood out to me as I was thinking about TheCapsFan's quote. Talking back and forth with HumanDawn in-thread, I got the sense that HumanDawn was arguing in good faith and we were ironing out what each other was seeing when HumanDawn talked about how Space voted Jinjo and not DarthWolf, and how we were seeing different intent in DarthWolf's posts. That talk made HumanDawn seem a lot less scummy to me.

@TheCapsFan Now imagine someone playing this game purposefully trying not to understand your points and because they want to make it look like you're being stupid. Would that person look towny or scummy to you? That's how it's been feeling like you're treating me.

Do I see signs of scum here, wishing not to jump the wagon too soon and look suspicious?
When I voted HumanDawn, I was reading DarthWolf's post here as jokey and sarcastic and if I remember correctly @HumanDawn was reading it as completely serious. I think that led to HumanDawn and I taking completely different outlooks on the discussion.
There could be a few reasons for my vote on DarthWolf too, yet you are not voting me Star Space.
If you're working from a point where DarthWolf was serious, as HumanDawn was, I can see this becoming a perfectly reasonable question to ask.
On the other hand, if you're working from a point where DarthWolf was joking but Jinjo was completely serious can you see how I would think that was a misleading question to ask, @TheCapsFan ?

Someone doesn't understand sarcasm :(
Unless you want to argue that DarthWolf's post I quoted above wasn't sarcasm. The difference I see is that you followed up your sarcasm with a vote on DarthWolf, where DarthWolf didn't follow his up with a vote on Snowy. That makes me see yours a lot more seriously than DarthWolf's.

Just because I read it doesn't mean I understood it :bulbaFacepalm: can you please talk a bit simpler? Even HD's posts are clearer to understand and he's typing under a roleplay. Mafia like to hide under big confusing words like "false equivalence" and "muddling the game with strawmen".
But is using those words any scummier than the tactics they describe? That's what I was reacting to, the perception that you were using those tactics.

Also, I'm just curious to hear your reasoning, because I don't think I've done anything that scummy this game so far past that vote? And I don't really think that action itself is super scummy, maybe worth a post-RVS vote, but not much more beyond that.

So you're voting me based on a case that I pretty much gave to you then :lapras: talk about being opportunistic.
If you feel like someone is arguing in bad faith and that makes them look increasingly scummy to you, is it not town's job to vote to lynch them? That's what was going through my head.

It's really unfair to leave toy with 9 minutes to go over all this, and I stand by my speculation that DarthWolf's behavior has some sort of role-related reason. I don't think I'll ever get over the first game I played, I caught someone in a lie, which led to lynching a bomb-variant scum. but empirically from other games the data says I'm being paranoid.

That's why
UNVOTE: TheCapsFan
VOTE: DarthWolf

Night 1: Well, that was a waste of time

Final Day 1 Votals:
Jinjo: I (MegaPod)
MegaPod: IV (Jinjo, FinalArcadia, HumanDawn, Rainbow Cloud)
HumanDawn: I (Zachie)
Zachie: I (Snowy)
DarthWolf: IV (TheCapsFan, DarthWolf, Space, Crystal Onix)
Snowy: I (DawningWinds)
TheCapsFan: II (Lone_Garurumon, Midorikawa)

Night 1: Well, that was a waste of time

The stick figure sat contentedly in the control room, watching as the assembled...beings...discussed their current situation, as well as the death of DarthWolf.
He chowed down on his popcorn and watch the time tick away slowly as the arguments heated up.
At the end of the day, a few of the beings decided they wanted to kill one of the other beings, whom they believed was acting suspicious. Another equally sized faction wanted to kill a different being, suspecting he wanted to be killed.

Not wanting to disappoint them, the stick figure in the control room selected the chosen beings icons on the monitors and pressed a big button with a skull and crossbones on it.
He waited for a few moments...
Nothing happened

Confused, the stick figured pushed the button again. And again. To no avail. He frowned and decided to just give up, instead.

Nobody has died. It is now Night 1. The Phase will end in 24 hours at 9:00pm US CDT.
Also, I believe a countdown was requested.

Last edited:
Oh myyyyyy gooooood. Did that seriously just happen?

Ewwwww, I'm sorry everyone. D: I missed the MegaPod wagon while writing that last post and thought I was going to shift the balance from Caps to Darth.

ezgif-6-2168cac3f8f0.gif
ezgif-6-2168cac3f8f0.gif
ezgif-6-2168cac3f8f0.gif

@DarthWolf you kept your vote on yourself till the end of the day despite posting recently. You really don’t want to be thought of as a Jester?

@Crystal Onix You did it in literally the last few minutes. Do you expect me to believe you that it wasn’t to save MegaPod?

I’m off the sleep, good night.

@DarthWolf you kept your vote on yourself till the end of the day despite posting recently. You really don’t want to be thought of as a Jester?

@Crystal Onix You did it in literally the last few minutes. Do you expect me to believe you that it wasn’t to save MegaPod?

I’m off the sleep, good night.
I don't expect anything. What I said after seeing the results was the truth, that's all I've got.

Final Day 1 Votals (corrected):
Jinjo: I (MegaPod)
MegaPod: IV (Jinjo, FinalArcadia, HumanDawn, Rainbow Cloud)
HumanDawn: I (Zachie)
Zachie: I (Snowy)
DarthWolf: IV (TheCapsFan, DarthWolf, Space, Crystal Onix)
Snowy: I (DawningWinds)
TheCapsFan: II (Lone_Garurumon, Midorikawa)

I also corrected this in the update post.
Also, here is the actual countdown.

What’s the truth?
I unvoted Caps because it was unfair to write that response to his post and then not give him a chance to go over it. I was, however, under the impression that if I simply unvoted caps, it would tie up the votes between Caps and Darth. I was unaware that there was a leading wagon on MegaPod. Given that, I would have to move my vote onto Darth to lynch him instead.

Dayum, no lynch.

Sorry for my inactivity, folks. My first good window of activity was early in the day phase, and by the time I had another good window the night phase started :v

I don’t 100% know if CO really wasn’t aware that he was tying the vote, but whether or not he meant to waste the phase, I can at least tell you it wasn’t to save me specifically. And at the risk of being met with utter disbelief, I can inform you all that the phase would’ve been wasted anyways. I’m actually a fully Lynchproof Survivor. Y’all can try voting me off all you like, but only Town would pay the price for that. :v Of course, if you don’t take my word for it I understand where you’re coming from. You’re always welcome to try again! Heck, I’ll still be willing to try and help scumhunt while I’m on here, but for the record, it isn’t my prime directive this game.

Back
Top Bottom