• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chaos Mafia V: This Time it's Personal. Endgame: This Is The Greatest Plan!

OK, OK, I would rather not have died like this, but this could still be good for town, actually. I'll let my behavior and my attempts to help speak for themselves, but I'm not too worried about dying, so some new thoughts.

Meanwhile, a bored looking man in a white lab coat strolled casually into the control room. He saw the smoking console and shook his head, sadly. That could have been his only way to get back home. He shrugged and sat down at one of the computers, pulling up classified files on the mysterious entity in charge. His eyes widened as he came across a pretty damning bit of information. He quickly printed out a hard copy.
As he approached the printer, he heard a noise from outside the control room. Someone was coming! He quickly grabbed the sheet of paper and ran out of the office, not noticing that he dropped something shiny on the ground in the process.

The stick figure picked up the badge, looked it over, and smiled wickedly as he pinned the badge to his lapel.
This certainly can't end well...
This seems to indicate that ME is indeed scum
VOTE: Magnificent Entertainer

I'm wondering if Pika didn't tell anyone he was town or saulus because he didn't know that a new role would be displayed upon his second death. What I mean, is what's the possibility that someone's lying about their role and there's scum fabricating roles? That's just a thought that's been stuck in my mind. Whoever Farnsworth is strikes me as someone who could make roles like that. It doesn't sound like Zinn knows who Farnsworth is, so I'd figure it's one of the players whose characters couldn't be confirmed by anyone, which would make it the role submitted by either Poyzin, Felly, or Dio_Brando.

I'm wondering if Pika didn't tell anyone he was town or saulus because he didn't know that a new role would be displayed upon his second death. What I mean, is what's the possibility that someone's lying about their role and there's scum fabricating roles? That's just a thought that's been stuck in my mind. Whoever Farnsworth is strikes me as someone who could make roles like that. It doesn't sound like Zinn knows who Farnsworth is, so I'd figure it's one of the players whose characters couldn't be confirmed by anyone, which would make it the role submitted by either Poyzin, Felly, or Dio_Brando.
...What?
Are you trying to say that there might be a role faking peoples' role PMs, and this person might be scum, when role PM fabrication is something that the hosts can and will do upon request for anybody? Why would a role for that exist when, as I said, the hosts will do that for anyone who asks?

...What?
Are you trying to say that there might be a role faking peoples' role PMs, and this person might be scum, when role PM fabrication is something that the hosts can and will do upon request for anybody? Why would a role for that exist when, as I said, the hosts will do that for anyone who asks?
Chaos? I've seen it before where someone had a role where they could submit a false role or information to be part of the flavor text at the start of the next phase, and I was thinking about the possibility that something like that is in play here.

I'm wondering if Pika didn't tell anyone he was town or saulus because he didn't know that a new role would be displayed upon his second death.
That's possible, but the PM specifically says he can't say the Mafia member's names.

What I mean, is what's the possibility that someone's lying about their role and there's scum fabricating roles? That's just a thought that's been stuck in my mind. Whoever Farnsworth is strikes me as someone who could make roles like that.
ME & Flop had a role that let them make Role PMs in Chaos IV, when they died, you couldn't request a Role PM anymore.

It doesn't sound like Zinn knows who Farnsworth is, so I'd figure it's one of the players whose characters couldn't be confirmed by anyone, which would make it the role submitted by either Poyzin, Felly, or Dio_Brando.
The people who's characters I can't counter claim are:
Final Arcadia who said Rainbow Cloud submitted, I couldn't get a claim from RC before her death
Space who said CyanideCrystal submitted, CC subbed out before I could get a claim, but it's likely they're not lying about their character from "meta" knowledge like CC having a Hisoka avatar in the past
Snowy who said Poyzin submitted their character, Poyzin subbed out on D1.
Myself, nobody can confirm Superjolt submitted who I said he did.

FA is my top scum read. Who can tell me about Arnold J. Rimmer from Red Dwarf?
Space could be scum pretending to be a 3x Vig & Survivor, but I'd rather aim elsewhere first, but I still don't like how she claimed to kill two people for the lols.
Snowy helped me weed out MegaPod's real role, now he could be telling the truth about his role, but still be Mafia, but I doubt that because it'd mean Town can't win.
And myself, who has been gathering information on everyone from the start and contributing to solving the game the most, I led the Pika lynch (the first and second time), but I have also made mistakes, such as ordering the Dawning & Jinjo hits.
HD just died, Felly submitted his.
While Dio_Brando1886's submitted character can't be confirmed, Officer Snake was the last person to claim and backed up that Dio_Brando1886 submitted his and we know Dio is in this game from when Darth's item got roleblocked on N1 and he got the result mentioning Dio, which is mentioned in Snake's role PM (and I didn't mention it to him)

That's possible, but the PM specifically says he can't say the Mafia member's names.
If it were a fake role written by scum, they could still put that, probably to give an alibi as to why Pika wasn't giving away who his scumbuddies were.

ME & Flop had a role that let them make Role PMs in Chaos IV, when they died, you couldn't request a Role PM anymore.
No, no no, you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. Not ME and Flop giving people fake roles to claim. Other people inserting fake roles into the phase-change flavor text.

HD just died, Felly submitted his.
While Dio_Brando1886's submitted character can't be confirmed, Officer Snake was the last person to claim and backed up that Dio_Brando1886 submitted his and we know Dio is in this game from when Darth's item got roleblocked on N1 and he got the result mentioning Dio, which is mentioned in Snake's role PM (and I didn't mention it to him)
So that leaves either Superjolt or Poyzin as having submitted Farnsworth, and at least one of the two players who got those roles as lying about their role.

So that leaves either Superjolt or Poyzin as having submitted Farnsworth, and at least one of the two players who got those roles as lying about their role.
We also don't know if FA is lying about their character because I got their claim after Rainbow Cloud had died and RC can't back up the claim
We also don't know 100% who Cyanide submitted, though it is likely to be Hisoka.
Poyzin submitted Snowy's character, and while it could be possible he's Mafia, I just don't see it happening, like a mentioned, it'd almost certainly make it impossible for Town to win.

I may be wrong here, but does anyone remember if a previous Chaos Mafia had a naive, random, or insane cop? I wanna say one of them did that I played in, but I can't remember for sure. I had a weird modifier when I was town!rolecop once I know for sure. I don't want to get all "not going to trust anything" when we don't have proof that cop could have a hidden modifier, but given that we have seen several so far this game, I get where Jinjo's coming from with the reluctance to trust checks in Chaos Mafia of all things.

Meh, I just think roleblocker is a weak claim to trust for town when there have been so many town roles that have flipped that mafia would benefit from being able to block. But it's not like I have reason to believe cop is getting bad checks yet so I'm fine with leaving Snake alone for now begrudgingly. But if things start not making sense later on, I think it's worth keeping this in mind.
Chaos IV had a regualr Cop and a RNG Cop. II had a regular cop. Can't say for the others by looking at their OPs. There were also some rolecops with mods indeed.
Still no idea who this mole is or why it would revive Pika
1600937463728.png

Mr. Resetti. No idea if that is a character claim or an item used by someone.
As it was also mentioned, how would someone know to kill Pika again?
I think that was automated, something got reset, which includes both the revival of pika and the lynch.
Accidental death or Mafia hit? Could be either.
Likely the Mafia kill. What else would they have shot? I guess they also could have shot Jinjo but that's unlikely.
Oh yeah, has anyone gotten any results regarding a Rube Goldberg machine?
I used it on Day One and then sent it to Lone on N2.
It was supposed to do some "menial task" on N3
I finished it N3, and it was supposed to finish its task last night. I didn't get any notification of it doing anything, but I passed it to Darth to keep it in play.
I indeed received it, but it seems useless now.
1600937889733.png

Yay I’m helping. I trust I’ll have y’all’s help on the next Day phase?
I'll help you then :bulbaLove:

Sorry CO but your ME vote is not good enough to direct us away from the real enemies.
Vote: Crystal Onix

Mr. Resetti. No idea if that is a character claim or an item used by someone.
Since this might paint me in a bad light, Mr Resetti is the fake Role PM I requested from the hosts. When gathering information, it helps to not give your possible enemies too much information.
1600939248190.png
As the flavour for today mentioned, I wear a white lab coat, I am Okabe Rintaro.

1600939305987.png

1600939338234.png

I used my Past action on Caps to see who he visited on N1, during N2, he confirmed the action result.
My Present action has yet to be used and I could've kept it a secret and used it to stop the Pika lynch (despite me starting that bandwagon)
I used my Future action on Officer Snake on N3 to delay his Roleblocker action until we could get the Cop Check on him. I asked ME if the delay also stopped the kill, he told me it would delay it to the next night if the player would submit it, and wouldn't be able to carry it out the next night unless another Mafia used it (thus 2 Mafia kills in one night or the 1 kill from the previous night if the same killer was used). This proves Snake didn't carry out the Mafia kill on N3

VOTE: Crystal Onix

Yeah, that win-con doesn't look good, and voting ME feels like not wanting to inadvertently clear anyone when you flip mafia.
FA is my top scum read. Who can tell me about Arnold J. Rimmer from Red Dwarf?
Am I your top scum read just because of the claim? There's not much I could do about having RC's character and only being asked about it after he died, but if I was faking this guy, why would I pick a character like this (my word may not mean much here, but I had never heard of Red Dwarf prior to this game and if I wanted to fake something to look town, picking a Sonic character or Mew or something would've been pretty easy to justify given this is Rainbow Cloud we're talking about).

Additionally, you know my claim and that it's something provable. If you're searching for Farnsworth, then someone else among those claims is telling a lie 'cause it's not me (and he wouldn't even make sense with my role).

It's just an enigma as to who Professor Farnsworth is, he doesn't match anyone, not even those who can't have their claims backed up. It's completely baffling me.

But then again the flavour has mentioned the mole, aka Mr Resetti who was a fake Role PM.

I sort of want to make a fake PM and see if it pops up in the flavor text now...

It'd have to be a big coincidence for Zinn to fake a PM and have it also be something that's actually in the game, right?

Back
Top Bottom