• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

MATURE: Chaos Rising: Legacy of Heroes (Season 5) Series Finale up!

Been meaning to post this for a while but I've been having too much fun playing Legends: Arceus. (Warning: contains mild violence, mild language, mild gore)

The Day the Magic Died

It was around noon. The Hero group had found the fresh water source, which was a river, and had stopped to rest and have lunch. Celtic was working on his latest meal with everyone eagerly awaiting it. After a short time he took a sample from the pot and tasted it.

“Hmm… yeah, I think we’re good to go,” he said after a moment of pondering. “The Crimson Turkey Bacon Wrapped Fried Ghost Shrimp in Icefloe Snowberry Sauce and Fried Rice is ready. Gather up.”

“Sounds good to me!” Rupert said cheerfully.

Everyone had gathered around the pot as Celtic placed a serving of the food to each, along with giving a large amount to Heatblast. All of them sat down at the tables created by Grass Bomb and immediately tucked into the food.

“Mmm!” Eric said blissfully. “Another award-winning meal, Celtic. I love bacon wrapped fried shrimp. Haven’t had it in a long time, although I’ve never had it with turkey bacon before.”

Celtic merely chuckled, “Glad you like it.”

Skye turned to him, “Hey, Cel, how are you feeling? You did get pretty rattled in the Dark Forest. Feeling any better, loverboy?”

He turned to her, “Yeah, I’m doing better now that I’ve gotten away from the Dark Forest. Still a bit shook but nevertheless okay. But, damn, I’m really starting to hate Gengar Bats. They’re becoming the bane of my existence as they keep forcefully unearthing my deepest fears and insecurities. At least with Alastor gone I don’t have to worry about them too much, but it’s still a royal pain whenever they show up and send my already fractured mind into panic mode.”

Ryan replied, “Can’t say we blame you for that, Celtic. Those Gengar Bats, while not being very strong, are clearly some nasty pieces of work with those hallucinations they cause. Even the most hardened of souls will likely buckle under the weight of those illusions, especially since they prey upon one’s biggest fears. And considering the living hell you’ve been through it’s no surprise you’re as harshly affected by to their tricks.”

Heatblast walked over and gave Celtic a small nuzzle, making the redhead smile as he stroked his pet Weyr under the chin. They all resumed eating, getting a second serving before finishing the food off. Rupert and Tyroe washed the dishes and cooking tools before the group continued onward. It wasn’t long before something would try to stop them.

Heatblast started to snarl, his eyes narrowing.

“What’s up with Heatblast?” Lucas asked.

“Magic Fire!” a voice shouted.

Everyone dodged the attack as the magical flames rocketed toward them. The group got into a battle-ready pose as Kalaraja floated down.

“Your pet Weyr is certainly smart,” Kalaraja said. “But I’ll still take all of you apart.” He raised his scepter-like arms before stating, “Monster minions, come forth!”

Several portals opened up, allowing monsters to emerge from them. One looked like a swarm of Cloud Krill, only they had more electric yellow bodies. Another group were flaming vampire-like beings with long capes. A third group resembled chibi-looking gangsters in nice suits, wearing large top hats and oversized angular sunglasses. And the last group were red-colored Shadow Bison.

Zuzu stated, “So, we’re dealing with Cumulus Cloud Krill, Flame Vampires, Gangsters, and Red Shadow Bison. Once again all monsters from the Demon Realm. Be especially wary of the Flame Vampires, as they’re not only the strongest of the bunch but are also the most intelligent. Though don’t underestimate the Gangsters, either, as their Flash Bombs may not do any real damage but they can stun you for a brief moment and also inflict the Blind status ailment, which will allow follow-up attacks.”

“You’re correct, Succuryn, you’re quite sharp. But regardless these monsters will push you off the scarp. Attack!”

The monsters quickly charged in. Fortunately, the Cumulus Cloud Krill weren’t able to damage the Hero group despite their best attempts, allowing the warriors to deal with the more imminent threats.

Celtic stated, “I’ll gather all the Cumulus Cloud Krill together so they don’t get in our way! Mag-Bolt!”

His arm transformed into the Mag-Bolt. He then raised it up and activated it. The Mag-Bolt released energy that caused all the Cumulus Cloud Krill to latch onto it, unable to remove themselves or fight back, helping clear the area of them and allowing the Hero group more freedom.

Skye started channeling energy, “Have a taste of this! Giga Volt!”

A massive thunderbolt rained down upon the battlefield, striking every enemy in its path, including Kalaraja, much to his surprise. It also struck the Cumulus Cloud Krill attached to Celtic’s Mag-Bolt, nearly striking him in the process, much to his alarm. He glared at Skye who responded with a rueful grin.

“Sorry, loverboy,” she said sheepishly.

Ryan transformed his Sword, stating, “Now’s our chance while the enemy has been stunned by Skye’s Giga Volt! This should shut down one of those Flame Vampires! Undead Eat Stab!”

He impaled one of the stunned Flame Vampires, making it screech in pain as it was absorbed by the Soulavore Sword. Ryan noticed a tank in his stat vision filling up with energy, making him smile. The other Heroes smirked and transformed their respective Legendary Gear into their Soulavore-based forms.

“Undead Eat Thrust!” Lucas shouted.

“Undead Eat Slam!” Eric roared.

“Undead Eat Shot!” Jerry yelled.

They each launched their attacks at the Flame Vampires, striking them and causing them to be absorbed by the attack. This, in turn, caused energy tanks to fill in their stat vision, along with a footnote regarding item drops.

Celtic transformed his Shroud into the Soulavore Shroud, stating, “I’ll clean up the rest. Undead Eat!”

The two halves of the Soulavore head joined and started to inhale energy. The remaining Flame Vampires were converted into spheres of energy and consumed into the Soulavore’s mouth. In Celtic’s stat vision he saw a couple of energy tanks filling up, along with notifications about item drops. He then gained a devious smirk as he saw Kalaraja’s surprised face.

“I wonder…” he grinned darkly. “Let’s see if you have the same weakness Sylph had. Soul Energy Syphoning!”

The Soulavore head opened its mouth again and started to inhale energy, this time directly toward Kalaraja. The Magician Demon screamed in pain as energy was directly syphoned out of him and entered the Soulavore Shroud, making Celtic smirk.

“I knew it!” he grinned. “You have a weakness to Soulavores and MP-draining skills just like Sylph did! Now we’ve got your number, Kalaraja.”

Kalaraja, although quite alarmed, positioned his scepter arms in front of him, stating, “You may have discovered my biggest flaw. But it won’t serve you as I’ll crush you in my magical squall! Airstream!”

He fired a vacuum of wind at the Hero group, ready to shred them to pieces. Tyroe slammed his hands on the ground, causing a wall of earth to form in between the party and Kalaraja. The Airstream attack struck the wall of earth but was unable to penetrate it. This tactic gave Skye an idea and she quickly vanished. Kalaraja stopped his attack and started to prime another one.

“Your wall of earth won’t hold forever! Allow me to show you with this endeavor! Tsunami!”

A massive tsunami formed in front of him and raced toward the wall of earth Tyroe had set up. The tsunami effortlessly shattered it, striking the Hero group and knocking them back.

“How do you like that?” Kalaraja laughed. “My Tsunami spell made you go splat!” He then noticed something. “Wait a minute: where’s the elf? Show yourself!”

Suddenly, he felt something impale him from behind, with what looked like a magic blade protruding from his chest, making him go wide eyed. Skye then reappeared, holding her Shadow Mana Dagger right in Kalaraja’s back, grinning darkly.

“You shouldn’t have said that, you warlock wannabe,” she purred darkly. “Now my Shadow Mana Dagger will put you in a very precarious position. Thanks to its special properties you’re now cut off from your magical powers!”

Kalaraja’s eyes widened, “You vile wench: how could you!? Time for you to pay your due!” His arm transformed into a sword, “Magic Saber!”

He attempted to slash at Skye but she not only dodged the attack but retaliated by summoning her naginata and slicing off Kalaraja’s arm, making him howl in pain. She quickly grabbed it and ran back to her party, who had managed to regain their bearings from the Tsunami spell.

Kalaraja pointed his remaining arm at the Hero group, “You may have cut me off from my spells but I’m far from defenseless. My next attack will leave you senseless! Magic Fire!”

He fired his trademark attack, forcing the party to scatter.

Gram stated, “Slate, I need your help! Give me the power of Stone Cutter!”

He summoned his Earth Spiria, which channeled a large amount of energy into Gram’s sword, causing it to be coated with sharp rocks and doubling in size. Slate then fused with Gram to rest. Gram charged in, jumped, did a flip, and slashed down at Kalaraja, creating a sizeable slice down the Magician Demon’s front. Kalaraja howled in pain before focusing on Gram.

“Summoning your Spiria in order to attack me, you little worm!” he growled. “I’ll enjoy making you squirm! Magic Saber!”

He transformed his remaining arm into the sword and clashed blades with Gram, whose sword had returned to normal after his previous attack. However, Kalaraja’s strength was pushing Gram back. At the time the rest of the group had finished defeating the remaining monsters and turned their attention to Kalaraja.

Celtic started to channel energy, “This’ll help! Aura Boost!”

Everyone was coated in powerful energies, increasing all their stats. Thanks to the boost Gram started to push back against Kalaraja’s blade, creating a more balanced stalemate.

“I’ll save you, Sir Gram!” May shouted. “Hydro Tower!”

She slammed her palm down on the ground, causing the pillar of water to appear and race toward Kalaraja. Kalaraja was unable to move away because he was locked in a blade stalemate with Gram. The Hydro Tower struck him, making him howl in pain. This attack gave Gram the opening he needed and allowed him to push back with all his might. He ultimately overpowered Kalaraja, forcing the Magician Demon back. Heatblast then raced in and slammed his talons on Kalaraja’s face, pinning him to the ground.

“Get off of me, you overgrow lizard!” Kalaraja yelled as he struggled to remove Heatblast from him.

Heatblast started to open his mouth in order to deal the final blow but suddenly his attention was directed elsewhere, much to everyone’s confusion. He started to snarl, embers leaking out of his nostrils, his eyes narrowing, and his teeth bared.

“What’s got Heatblast’s attention?” Eric asked.

“And at such a critical time, too,” Jerry added.

Suddenly, Heatblast jumped off Kalaraja and attacked something else, causing an invisible target to become visible, revealing it to be Infinator. Infinator barely managed to repel Heatblast, forcing the Weyr to land next to Celtic.

“Of course,” Zuzu stated. “Weyrs were bred to fight Galvaton Demons, remember? So it’s natural that Heatblast would be able to detect Infinator before we can.”

Kalaraja looked hopeful, stating, “Master, you’ve come for me! Please, crush these fools like fleas!”

Infinator merely closed his eyes, saying, “Kalaraja, I’m disappointed in you. Even with monster minions you still struggle with these lowly creatures. But rest assured that I still have some use for you.”

He then gained an evil smirk as he raised up his tendrils and lashed them out at Kalaraja, impaling him and injecting his paralyzing poison. Kalaraja’s eyes widened in horror as his body became locked in place. Infinator then raised Kalaraja up via his tendrils and started to drain the Magician Demon of everything, horrifying everyone else present. Before long Kalaraja was reduced to bones which Infinator casually dropped, causing them to shatter to dust as they hit the ground.

“Thank you for your service, Kalaraja. Rest assured that your purpose has been fulfilled. And your powers will further boost me. Consider it an honor to become part of a superior being.”

Lucas sputtered, “H-How could you!? He was your loyal General! How could you just devour and dispose of him like that!?”

Infinator merely huffed, “Feeble minds need not concern themselves with the thoughts and actions of superior beings. Spear Hero, you need to remember something: demons eat other demons. Kalaraja is a Mid-Tier Demon while I’m an Advance-Tier Demon, thus it falls into one simple concept. He is my prey, plain and simple. He outlived his usefulness, so his power and nutrients will go to empower a more worthy being in me. And I’ll clue you into something… the same fate has befallen Seth and Caym after you defeated them. Seth was much more flavorful than Caym was but they were both very filling, nonetheless. I suggest you keep that in mind, Heroes, that just like Kalaraja, you are also my prey. And I intend to devour each and every one of you. But I’m not quite ready for the main course so our next lunch date will have to wait. But rest assured that you will become nothing more than nutrients to further strengthen my body. Until then. Teleport.”

He vanished in a flash of light, leaving the Hero group behind. They were all shaken at what they had just seen.

“Infinator… is pure evil…” Ryan shivered.

“Yeah…” Rupert said. “While that’s always been an established fact of him, I never would’ve thought he’d devour his own allies so callously like that. They served him willingly and he rewards them with a fate worse than death. Disgusting.”

Zuzu grimaced, “I used to live by those rules before joining Celtic’s party. It was considered perfectly normal to demons. But thanks to being part of this group it’s allowed me to see just how horrible some demons can be when they use the demonic food chain as a means to cover up their cruelty. Now the thought of devouring one of my own demon kin repulses me. Morality is a strange thing. I knew that Galvaton Demons were the worst of the worst when it comes to demons. But even I wasn’t prepared to see Infinator dispose of his loyal minion in such a cruel manner, merely describing it as part of our nature. It is technically true, but even so, Kalaraja, Seth, and Caym didn’t deserve that fate, to be so callously discarded by their master in the most brutal way possible. Infinator must be stopped at all costs or all worlds, not just Zakota, will become feasting grounds for him.”

Celtic nodded grimly, “Agreed, Zuzu. And this is why I never indulge in the concept of eating other demons despite my species, Shadokor, being the top link of the food chain. The fact that Infinator justifies his cruelty as being part of the circle of life just makes it all the more horrible.” He took a deep breath before saying, “Well… as disturbing as that was, it does help motivate us in our mission to stop Infinator once and for all. Heroes, I suggest we have our Legendary Gear absorb some of the monsters we defeated today. While the Flame Vampires have already been added to our list of powers due to our Soulavore-based Gear, we still have others to take samples from. And let’s divide up Kalaraja’s remaining arm between us. It won’t be pleasant, especially after what we just witnessed, but we need every ounce of strength and power we can get in order to win this war.”

The other Heroes nodded grimly as they took samples from the downed monsters to add to their Legendary Gear powers. Celtic then sliced Kalaraja’s remaining arm into segments, allowing him and the other Heroes to absorb them, creating new abilities. Celtic also packed the Cumulus Cloud Krill and Red Shadow Bison into his Tek-Pak, knowing they were a breed of edible monsters. With heavy hearts the party continued their quest to the next planetary energy vein. They were deadly determined to end Infinator once and for all before his cruelty could reach new levels.

Next Chapter: A Determination to War

And that's all for today. Tune in next time to see what our Heroes face.

Time for the next chapter of Chaos Rising. (Warning: contains mild language, mild violence)

A Determination to War

The Hero group had made their way to the next resting point. They had stopped by a shallow but fast-moving river in order to set up camp for the night. Celtic was cooking their dinner, his recipe book next to him, and the some of the remains of a Red Shadow Bison sitting on a grass table. The events of the day were still fresh in everyone’s mind, especially regarding Infinator’s cruelty. After a bit Celtic took a sample from the pot and tasted it.

“Hmm… yeah, it’s ready,” he said. “Everyone gather up for some Bison and Vegetable Stir-fry.”

Everyone gathered around the pot as Celtic gave out servings of food to each of them. He put a larger serving on a plate and placed it in front of Heatblast, who looked delighted, before sitting down with his own plate of food. Everyone tucked into the delicious meal, practically glowing with pleasures.

“Mmm!” Lucas said blissfully. “This is delicious! I don’t know how you do it but you always make great meals, Celtic.”

Celtic merely chuckled, “Glad you like it. There’s plenty more for seconds. Hmm?” He noticed Heatblast eyeing the partial remains of the Red Shadow Bison, smiling, “Okay, Heatblast, you can eat that, too. Better you than the local monsters.”

Heatblast looked elated and quickly grabbed the remains of the Red Shadow Bison and began devouring it. Everyone chuckled at the Weyr’s enthusiasm at eating the leftover meat.

Wendy smiled, “He sure is eager to eat the remaining bits of Red Shadow Bison.”

Skye giggled, “That’s Heatblast for you. Never passes up a chance to eat any leftovers. At least we don’t have to worry about any food going bad with him around. Or any leftovers attracting local monsters. Anyway, great work on the meal, Cel, especially since this is the first time you’ve cooked Red Shadow Bison.”

Celtic replied, “It’s no different than cooking with regular bison, something that I’ve cooked numerous times in the past. My mom loves bison, especially since it’s so healthy for you, so even though Red Shadow Bison is a type of edible monster it really cooks no differently than normal bison. But I’m glad you’re enjoying it. As always there’s enough for seconds so feel free to help yourself to another serving.”

“We might take you up on that offer, Sir Celtic,” Gram said cheerfully.

Everyone happily gobbled the meal down, along with getting a second helping. After the food was gone Skye and Zuzu gathered up the plates and cooking equipment and washed them in the river. Celtic then transformed his Shroud into the Bio Orchid Shroud and rewove the Grass Bomb grass tables into beds, with a nest for Heatblast. He activated the E-Shield function of the Tek-Pak, protecting everyone from the outside world, allowing them to know they can rest peacefully. They all climbed into their grass beds and quickly fell asleep.

It was around 1 AM in the morning. Celtic had gotten out of bed and was looking at the stars, a look of grim determination on his face. He was still thinking about the events of the previous day, and the thought of the actions of Infinator was making his blood boil.

“Damn that Infinator,” he snarled silently. “He seeks to ruin the lives of everyone, even his own allies, purely because he sees himself as the top link of the food chain and thus feels he deserves to rule all of existence. No wonder the Shadokor are determined to erase him from existence, as he’s as bad as they come, if not worse. Makes me wonder if he’s as bad or worse than Wench was, who also actively sought to blight the lives of those around her for her sick amusement. Hard to say, really, as both are pretty much equally vile.”

Suddenly, he heard something. He turned to see Skye slowly sitting up. She gave a wide yawn before turning her attention to Celtic.

“Can’t sleep, loverboy?” she asked.

“I can’t stop thinking about what Infinator did yesterday,” he replied. “His cruelty toward other life, even the lives of his allies, just sickens me. I’m actually not sure who’s worse: Infinator or Wench.”

Skye gave a small chuckle, “Yeah, that is a hard one to decipher. Both Infinator and Wench are, or were in Wench’s case, as vile as they come. At least my sister was easy enough to dispose of due to her sheer incompetence and inability to actually fight back once we got our hands on her. I took great delight in beating the stuffing out of her during our final confrontation, listing her crimes alongside pummeling her. But I can see your point, as both were cruel beyond cruel and had no regard for life other than their own.”

She got out of bed and sat down next to Celtic, cuddling up close to him.

“You realize I’m pretty prickly, Skye,” the redhead chuckled lightly. “I’m not exactly cuddly.”

“Not true, loverboy. You claim to be as prickly as a cactus but I’ve seen the real you. The real kindness and warmth that exists in your hearts. I should know, as I now possess one of them inside my own chest. You making that sacrifice meant the world to me, and it fully proved the hidden hearts of gold that exist inside of you. You may be a cold, hate-filled misanthrope on the outside, but on the inside you’re a warm, lonely, and kindhearted man who just needs some love.”

“You sure about that, Skye?”

“I’ve seen the real you, Cel, and I know this. You may no longer be my master due to me losing my slave crest but you’re still the master of my heart. Both figuratively and literally, I might add. I know you still struggle to see it yourself but I also know you’ll come to accept just how wonderful you really are, though it may take some time. Just remember that you’re proving to be a hero among heroes due to all the hard work and sacrifices you’ve made in keeping beings like Wench, Robert, and Infinator from ruining the lives of those who live here. And of those who are still to come. One day you’ll see it yourself, and I look forward to that day. As your right-hand woman, the dagger to your cloak, and your fiancée, I know you better than anyone, thus I can see what truly exists underneath your cold, defensive exterior. Trust me, loverboy, as I know the real you, and the real you is a wonderful person who just needs someone to give you the love you crave and deserve. And I’ll gladly be that someone.”

Celtic gained a blush as he said, “You’re taking a huge risk, Skye.”

The Light Elf smiled warmly, “It’s not a risk at all when I know the man that really exists underneath the shields you’ve put up around you.”

The two looked lovingly into each other’s eyes before locking lips in a tender kiss. After what seemed like an eternity but was really only a few moments the two pulled apart. Skye nuzzled up to Celtic, gently embracing him, showing the warmth and love she wanted to give him. The two remained this way for about an hour before both returned to their beds to rest, as they knew they had important work to do when dawn would break.

Dawn broke over the horizon a few hours later. The Hero group slowly emerged from their grassy beds, feeling rested. After everyone had gotten up Celtic began cooking breakfast for the hungry party. Everyone waited eagerly for him to create his latest culinary concoction. After the hearty breakfast the Hero group started to make their way to the next planetary energy vein.

It wasn’t long before they encountered some monsters. A pack of monsters appeared before them, ready to fight. One group looked like gold and black Rabbicorns with silver horns. Another cluster were Lizartaurs that resembled tyrannosaurus rexes with copper-colored skin and wielding strong swords and shields. The last batch were silver-colored robotic soldiers that floated off the ground and had twin cannons for arms. Everyone got into a defensive position as they saw these monsters challenge them.

“So, we’ve got Ace Rabbicorns, Tyranotaurs, and Basher Bots,” Viola observed. “The Ace Rabbicorns won’t be too difficult, but the Basher Bots pack a mean wallop, as those arm cannons hurt. Plus they’re pretty defensive.”

Skye smirked, “True, but they have a large weakness to Lightning. And unlike Tankors, that possess shields, they don’t have any defense against their weakness. Leave that to me.” She started to channel energy, “Eat this! Lightning!”

Lightning bolts rained down upon the monsters, striking them with strong electrical powers. While the Ace Rabbicorns and Tyranotaurs managed to recover the Basher Bots started to crackle and were seemingly malfunctioning. The other monsters paid no mind to them and charged in.

“Bone Prison!” Celtic stated.

The Shroud glowed before the Tyranotaurs were trapped inside cages made from bones. They tried to break free from them but were unable. The Ace Rabbicorns continued their charge unopposed. However, the other Heroes quickly attacked and slayed a sizable chunk of them, leaving only two left. Celtic then impaled one of them with Fighter Sword, killing it, allowing Gram to kill the last one. Suddenly, without warning, the Basher Bots started firing their guns erratically, forcing everyone to scatter in order to avoid getting hit. Some of the shots hit the Tyranotaurs, making them hiss in pain. Viola then made some quick motions with her hands to entrap the Basher Bots with her silk, preventing them from moving their cannon arms into an attack position.

“That should hold those Blast Bots for a bit,” she said. “While they’re not strong enough to break my silk we need to be cautious with them regardless, as they’ve got one last trick up their metal sleeves. And that trick is the self-destructing skill Kamikaze, so be alert for when they decide to blow up.”

Ryan sliced off one of the trapped Tyranotaur’s arms, saying, “Thanks for the tip, Viola. We’ll keep that in mind.”

Leon loaded up an energy arrow, took aim, and fired it at one of the Tyranotaurs. The arrow pieced through the beast’s shield and blew a hole right in its chest, killing it. Jerry mimicked Leon and did the same to another Tyranotaur, killing it as well. Suddenly, the Basher Bots started to glow, making everyone go wide-eyed.

“Here comes the Kamikaze skill!” Wendy sputtered.

“Bone Prison!” Celtic stated.

“Rock Tomb!” Tyroe shouted.

The Basher Bots were encased in cages made of bones, followed by said cages being trapped within an enclosure of rocks. A moment passed before light could be seen from within the double prison, followed by a few loud kabooms before everything went silent. The Rock Tombs lowered, revealing the destroyed remains of the Basher Bots, still within the Bone Prisons. At that time the final Tyranotaur was slayed, allowing the group to catch their breath.

“Not too shabby,” Gram said.

Eric nodded, “Yeah, we’re definitely getting stronger. And in the correct way, too.”

Celtic then said, “Okay, Heroes, you know the drill. Take samples from these monsters to unlock new abilities. Also, I recommend collecting the swords, shields, and horns of our fallen enemies, as they fetch decent prices on the market. After all, we won’t be here on Nyx forever. And Ryan should Stat Copy the swords, too, since he is the Sword Hero, thus can gain some extra stats from the Tyranotaurs’ weapons.”

Everyone scurried around to collect their prizes from the monsters, with the Heroes each taking samples for their Legendary Gear, unlocking new powers in the process. After gathering up their prizes, squabbling a bit during the time, the Hero group continued their trek to the next planetary energy vein.

“Viola, how much further until we reach our next target?” Lucas asked.

Viola looked at the map, checked the position of the sun, and did a quick calculation.

“I estimate we should reach it by mid-morning tomorrow, not counting things like weather and monster attacks,” she replied.

“I wonder if Infinator has fed off some other unfortunate victim after he so callously discarded Kalaraja…” Isabelle said sadly.

Rupert replied, “Probably, knowing him and his cruelty. And the fact he justifies his evil as simply being the demonic way of life is rather deplorable. And considering that Bronwen is his last standing Demon General I wouldn’t be surprised if he devoured her once her usefulness expired.”

Zuzu huffed, “Wouldn’t put it past him. But considering that Bronwen was the one who ultimately revived Infinator he might spare her. At least for now, as she’s probably his most important pawn now that Sylph is dead. But a pawn is still a pawn, especially in his eyes, so she’ll only continue living as long as she keeps delivering good results. It’s only a matter of time before he turns on her, too.”

“Sad but true,” Leon said. “But, at the same time, it gives us more motivation to stop him once and for all. His evil needs to be stomped out before any other souls are lost to him. I wouldn’t be surprised if he tried attacking the other search parties in hopes of getting rid of them and gaining more power in the process.”

Jerry shivered, “Don’t even say something like that, Leon. That’s too depressing to think about. Hopefully the Eject Bracelets will keep the other search parties safe.”

Ryan turned to Celtic, “Hey, Celtic, why don’t you contact King Duskbane and let him know what’s been going on. He might want to know that Infinator is betraying his own minions and may target the other search parties.”

Celtic nodded, “Good idea.” He took out the communicator, put it on his head, and activated it, “Uncle Duskbane, do you read? It’s Cel… err… Avalar. I need to report something to you.”

A brief pause followed before, “I hear you, Avalar. What’s going on?”

“We recently learned that Infinator is killing off his own henchmen. He devoured Seth and Caym after we defeated them and did the same to Kalaraja right in front of us. He ‘justifies’ his cruelty as being part of the demonic cycle of life. Did he do this to his past Demon Generals during the Great Demon War? Or is this new?”

A brief pause followed before King Duskbane replied, “No… this is new. Infinator never betrayed his Demon Generals during the Great Demon War, no matter if they failed or not. The fact that he’s devouring his own loyal troops in order to strengthen himself is a whole new level of cruelty that he’s developed. And you say Kalaraja, Seth, and Caym all suffered this fate? This is a new low for him. While it means he’s desperate to regain his full power it also shows that he’s pretty much insane now. Not that he was ever mentally sound but he never turned on his own troops before. I’m at a loss for words. Galvaton Demons are the worst of the worst when it comes to demon kind but Infinator takes that to extremes. And now he’s outright betraying his loyal follower just to speed up his recovery? Even normal Galvaton Demons don’t sink to that level. He must be stopped at all costs.”

“We’re also concerned he may try to attack the search parties in a bid to regain his power. Tell me, have any other search parties reported back recently?”

“Yes, the other search parties have reported back just this morning, having completed the next part of their mission. So they’re all okay at the moment. But I’ll make sure that your concern is relayed to them so they don’t get caught off-guard by Infinator’s evil. But I’m stunned that he’s willing to sacrifice his own troops just to further his agenda in conquering all worlds. I may have to mobilize some troops via Sky Rays in order to provide backup and be ready for battle if Infinator makes his next move. I thank you for telling me this, Avalar, as it means we need to be extra careful now that we’re aware that Infinator is betraying his own side just for more power. I’ll let the other search parties know what’s going on so they don’t get caught unaware. But this is a whole new low for him, and he wasn’t exactly a saint to begin with. Keep me posted on anything that happens regarding Infinator’s newest level of cruelty.”

“Will do. I’m signing off for now. I’ll inform you when we either reroute the next planetary energy vein or encounter Infinator.”

“Confirmed. And be safe, Avalar. Shadoria and Wichwoode lost you once already. We couldn’t handle losing you a second time. So, please, stay safe.”

“I will. Avalar, out.”

Celtic deactivated the communicator and placed it back in his Tek-Pak. He took a deep breath before turning to his group.

“Okay, with that taken care of, let’s continue,” he said. “At least our allies will be aware of what Infinator is up to and hopefully won’t get caught off guard by him. Let’s proceed as planned. Anticipating we can find a fresh water source so I can prepare lunch for us, as we’re gonna need the energy.”

Everyone nodded in agreement before continuing their trek. They were further motivated to stop Infinator once and for all, knowing that his cruelty needed to be eradicated before any more lives were destroyed by him.

Next Chapter: My Name Is Celtic

And that's all for now. Tune in next time to see what our Heroes face.

Time for the next chapter of Chaos Rising. (Warning: contains mild language, mild violence)

My Name is Celtic

The Hero group had set up a campsite near a spring of fresh water. Celtic was working over a hot pot, making his latest culinary creation, much to everyone else’s eagerness. As he did he was deep in thought, trying to organize his innermost feelings and thoughts.

“Uncle Duskbane sure does worry over me,” he said silently as he continued cooking lunch. “…It’s nice to have someone worry over you, especially when said someone is a true family member. Unlike those backstabbing swine that are my adoptive aunts and uncles. While dad did say they’ve turned over a new leaf and have been actively helping trying to find me, I’m a bit skeptical about that. I guess the old phrase ‘seeing is believing’ holds true here. But the fact is once this journey is over it brings me to a crossroad that I’m still undecisive about taking. Do I return to Earth or stay here and claim Shadoria’s crown? I still don’t know what route I want to take, what future I want. We’re starting to near the end of our mission so I have to at least consider my two options soon. Stay and become Shadoria’s new king or leave and return to Earth as a promising inventor? I’m… really not sure about what future I want. I want to put it on the backburners for a bit long but time is starting to run out and I need to come up with an answer soon. Stay or leave? Become a king or become an inventor/scientist?”

Skye broke his thoughts, asking, “Cel? Everything okay? You look deep in thought. I hope you’re paying attention to lunch, too.”

He replied, “Yeah, don’t worry, Skye, I’m paying attention. Lunch should be ready in a few minutes. Don’t mind me, I’m just thinking a few things over.”

He resumed tending to lunch. After a few more minutes he took a sample from the pot and tasted it.

“Hmm… yeah, it’s ready. Everyone gather up for Dusk Orange Cloud Krill Fried Rice with Candied Tiger Peanuts and Striped Leeks.”

“Sounds good to me!” Tyroe said with a smile.

Everyone gathered around as Celtic served lunch to the hungry warriors, giving a sizable serving to Heatblast. Everyone sat down at the grass tables and immediately tucked into the food.

“Mmm!” Gram said. “This is good. I’ve never had Cloud Krill before, much less Cumulus Cloud Krill. They’re so crunchy on the outside yet juicy on the inside. Delicious.”

Ryan nodded, “Yeah. Looks like those Cumulus Cloud Krill that Kalaraja sicced on us came in handy. They’re not tough monsters but they taste really good. To be honest I would’ve never considered certain breeds of monster to be remotely edible until coming here to Zakota. And yet here we are, feasting on Cumulus Cloud Krill. Life’s funny like that.”

Celtic merely chuckled, “Glad you approve. I would’ve also never considered certain monsters edible until the whole Karma Diamond hunt, where we were introduced to several types of edible monsters. Makes you wonder how people found out about such breeds of monster being safe for people to eat? Anyway, as always, there’s enough for seconds, as it was quite the swarm, so when you want more I’ll serve you another plateful.”

“We’ll take you up on that offer, Celtic,” Lucas beamed.

Everyone continued eating, casually chatting and simply enjoying things. Celtic, however, was still mulling over his earlier thoughts. After everyone had a second helping of food the dishes and pot were empty. Rupert and Tyroe washed the dishes and cooking tools in the spring, allowing Celtic to pack them in his Tek-Pak before they moved on.

Viola took a look at the map before saying, “Okay, we should reach the next energy vein by tomorrow morning sometime after breakfast. That’s our last energy vein that we need to reroute. After that we simply have to head to our last energy vein and use it to set a trap for Infinator. The plan isn’t foolproof but limiting Infinator’s options to strengthen himself is still something we cannot afford to pass up on. Let’s try to get to our next ‘checkpoint’ of sorts before it gets too dark.”

Skye nodded, “Yeah. Hopefully we won’t run into too many monsters along the way, as we don’t want to exhaust ourselves before what will hopefully be the final battle.”

“The final battle…” Celtic said silently. “We intend to make it the final battle, as Infinator needs to be stopped once and for all. But… after that… what does my future hold for me?”

His thoughts were interrupted by Leon giving him a shake, “Hey, Cel, you okay? You’ve been spacing out quite a bit since lunch. Everything okay? Not too tired or anything?”

Celtic replied, “Don’t mind me, I’m just lost in thought. Just got a lot on my mind about what we intend to turn into the final battle with Infinator. We’re getting quite close to our goal so I’ve been somewhat lost in my own head about how it’ll play out and whatnot. Don’t worry about me, as I’m not tired, stressed or anything like that. At least not more than usual, anyway.”

“Okay, but if you want to talk about anything don’t hesitate to do so with us,” Rupert said. “It’s clear that you’ve got a lot on your mind but there’s no need to keep it to yourself. If you want to talk we’ll listen.”

“Thanks, I know. I’ll talk when I’ve organized my thoughts and considering how big my brain is that’s a lot of organizing. Let’s just proceed as planned, as we need to cover as much ground as possible before it gets too late.”

The rest of the group knew Celtic wasn’t being entirely truthful but they let it go and continued onward. Along the way they ran into some monsters that were eager for what they assumed were easy prey only to learn the hard way that the Hero group were no pushovers. By the time they reached another fresh water source the sun was starting to set.

“Let’s make camp here,” Viola suggested. “We’re not gonna get much further today and Nyx is even more dangerous at night.”

Celtic nodded, “Right, sounds like a plan. I’ll do my usual Grass Bomb routine and then start making dinner.”

After Celtic used Grass Bomb combined with the Bio Plant Shroud to create the picnic area for the group to sit down, he began making dinner. As he worked over his hot pan, his companion eagerly awaiting their next meal, he was still lost in his thoughts about the future. After a little while he tasted the food he was making to see if it was done.

“Hmm… yeah, everything is ready,” he said. “Gather up for Fried Alligator Strips with Garlic Potato Wedges.”

“Sounds like a plan to me!” Tyroe said cheerfully.

Everyone gathered up for a serving of food, with Heatblast getting a large portion. Everyone sat down at the grass tables and began eating.

“Mmm!” Jerry said, wide-eyed. “I’ve never had alligator before. It’s surprisingly good. So tender and juicy. Then again, when does Celtic not make a good meal?”

“Nether have I, and I’m from Florida, where they are gators a-plenty,” Eric added.

Celtic chuckled, “Glad you like it. I haven’t had alligator in quite some time. I remember going to a restaurant
that served it with my parents when I was a young teen. I decided to try it and was also surprised at how good it was. In fact, the restaurant served this exact same meal that we’re eating now. Anyway, like always, there’s enough for a second helping, as it was a pretty big tail that I used, so when you want some let me know and I’ll give you it.”

Everyone happily indulged in the food. After a second serving the food was gone. Leon and Viola washed the dishes and cooking tools, allowing Celtic to put them away in his Tek-Pak. He then activated the Bio Orchid Shroud and reworked the grass tables into grass beds. Afterward he activated the E-Shield function of the Tek-Pak, allowing everyone to know they were safe for the night. They all slipped into their beds and quickly fell asleep.

It was around midnight. Celtic was up again and looking at the stars. In his mind his thoughts were swirling around like angry bees as he tried to decipher and organize them. Suddenly, he felt something touch him, making him flinch, only to see it was Skye.

She gave a small smile, “Sorry, Cel, didn’t mean to make you jump. I’m kinda worried about you. You’ve been lost in your own head for most of today. And now whatever it is has got you up late at night. Please, Cel, tell me, what’s been on your mind today? Don’t you trust me?”

Celtic shamefully looked away, saying, “Yes, I do trust you. I trust you more than I trust myself at times. If you must know then swing it on over and park it.”

Skye smiled and sat down next to Celtic. She gently nuzzled against him and held his metal arm in her hands.

Celtic took a deep breath before saying, “The reason I’ve been so lost in thought today… is because I’ve come to realize that I’ll be facing a massive crossroad soon. With our mission slowly coming to a close it means I have to start thinking about what my future holds. You recall what Uncle Duskbane wanted me to do after the war is over, right? The day he taught me Libera Dragon and whatnot?”

Skye nodded, “I remember. He wanted you and me to take the Shadoria throne, claiming it to be your birthright. I can see where this is going. You’re incredibly indecisive about either staying here on Zakota and becoming Shadoria’s new king or returning to Earth to become a scientist and inventor, right?”

The redhead gave a small smile, “Can’t pull the wool over your eyes, Skye. I swear, you know me better than I know myself sometimes… and that scares me a bit. But it’s a bit deeper than that. You see, staying here on Zakota means I leave my beloved adoptive parents and my more casual life behind. While going back to Earth means I leave my beloved friends and biological relatives behind. Not to mention I’ve worked very hard in both worlds, having created some form of legacy for myself. Both worlds have something for me and choosing one over the other means I have to sacrifice something important. That’s why I’ve been so deep in thought today, as I realize time is running out for me to make a decision regarding that. Stay or leave? I don’t know what I want nor what future I desire. That’s what’s been bugging me for most of the day, as I know that I have to make a decision soon.”

The Light Elf looked lovingly into Celtic’s eyes, saying, “I can see how that would affect you, Cel. While you and I know that I will follow you until my dying breath regardless of what option you take, I can understand how you feel. Both worlds hold something dear to you and you can’t decide which is more important. It’s easy to see why you’re so indecisive about it. And you’re right; time is running out for you to decide your future. Our adventure is coming to a close, as the final battle will soon be upon us. It’ll be time for all of us to make a decision on our futures, but it’s clear that you’re the one who has the biggest choice to make. It’s not an easy thing to figure out, that’s for sure. However, I know that you’ll make the right decision when the time comes. And I’ll follow you wherever you go and whatever you decide, no matter what.”

Celtic gave a weak smile, “Thank you, Skye, I appreciate it. You can see why my head has been clogged with this issue for most of the day. I want to make the right decision that will benefit the most people, including us, but I don’t know what decision will grant that outcome. There is so much riding on me making this choice that I can’t figure out which is the correct one to choose. That’s what’s frustrating to me. Stay or leave? They both require a sacrifice on my end regardless of the outcome, and thus I cannot figure out which sacrifice is worth more. And, unfortunately, this is a decision I have to make myself. It solely rests on my shoulders and the outcome can change everything. So, you can see why I’ve been so distracted today, as I realize that time is running out for me to choose what future I want more.”

The Light Elf gave a heavy sigh before looking lovingly at him, “I know you’ll make the right decision. And regardless of what decision you make I’ll stand by your side as your steadfast, loyal fiancée. Now, I suggest you get back to bed before you overload yourself due to your indecisiveness.”

Celtic gave her a smile. Suddenly, without warning, he vanished in a flash of light, much to Skye’s alarm.

“Celtic?! Celtic!?!” She then yelled, “Everyone, wake up! Celtic’s gone!”

Everyone woke with a start, clearly not expecting Skye’s yelling.

“Whattya mean Celtic’s missing?” Lucas asked, groggily. “Maybe he’s just using the little boy’s room?”

“No, he’s not, Lucas!” Skye spat. “He and I were just talking and then he suddenly vanished in a flash of light! I think someone teleported him away from us!”

It took a moment for her statement to sink in but when it did the rest of the group quickly got out of their grass bed.

“Okay, that’s definitely cause for alarm!” Ryan sputtered.

Gram growled, “I bet Infinator is behind this. It just stinks of him. Considering that he sees Sir Celtic as his biggest threat I wouldn’t be surprised if he tried to separate him from us in order to get rid of him sooner.”

Leon nodded, “That’s a distinct possibility, Gram. We need to find Celtic before Infinator does something horrible to him.”

Skye deactivated the Tek-Pak’s E-Shield and strapped it to her back, saying, “Agreed, Leon. We have to find Celtic before something terrible happens to him.”

“Should we split up and search for him?” Jerry asked.

Zuzu shook her head, “No, that’s too risky. Splitting the group up now is too dangerous, as something like Bronwen could interfere and start picking us off one-by-one. We need to stay together to avoid that outcome.”

Tyroe lay flat on the ground, saying, “Let me see if I can detect him via my Earth powers.”

“Do so, but be quick about it,” Viola said.

Tyroe concentrated, digging his fingertips and tail tip into the ground, trying to detect even the slightest of vibrations. After a minute he became upright again.

“I’m sorry, but I can’t detect Celtic,” he said in a depressed tone. “Either he’s in a place out of range of my senses or he’s on a mountain or something similar, where it’ll be much harder for me to detect him.”

Skye began thinking quickly before she started focusing her energies into her chest.

“What are you doing, Skye?” Rupert asked.

“Well… one of Celtic’s hearts is inside my chest,” she replied. “I’m hoping that I can use it as a link to him so I can find him. I’m not sure if this’ll work but it’s worth a shot, as we don’t have many other options available to us. Now, let me concentrate.”

She continued to focus her energies into her beating heart. As she did her heartbeat became louder to the point everyone could hear it. The party waited tensely to see if Skye’s gambit would pay off. After a minute Skye stopped channeling energies into her heart, opened her eyes, and gave a warm smile.

“I’ve got him,” she said. “I know where he is through the link I have with him thanks to his heart inside of me. Tyroe was right; Celtic is stuck on a large rock formation, which is why Tyroe was unable to detect him. But I can sense Celtic’s remaining hearts are beating fast, which means he might be facing off against Infinator. We need to hurry before Infinator kills Celtic.”

She jumped onto Heatblast’s saddle, giving the Weyr the signal to take flight. She and Heatblast hovered above everyone else.

“Follow us!” she instructed.

She guided Heatblast to head northwest, which the Weyr did without question. Zuzu flew up to join Skye and Heatblast while the rest of the group followed from the ground.

“Hang in there, Celtic,” Skye said silently. “We’re on our way, so please, don’t die.”

Meanwhile, Celtic was staring down Infinator, who was holding a Teleport Crystal. Celtic’s body was tense with both fear and anger as he glared at the evil demon.

Infinator shattered the Teleport Crystal in his hand, saying, “I don’t need this anymore. It has served its purpose. Now, I can finally get rid of you once and for all, Shroud Hero. You managed to slip through my fingers years ago when you were just a newborn. Sylph failed to eliminate a potential threat like you while you were still defenseless, resulting in you growing up to become the Shroud Hero and becoming the biggest threat to me since your ancestor. Now, I intend to rectify that mistake with my own hands. I hope you’re prepared to die tonight, Avalar Darkstar, because I intend to end you before you can do the same to me.”

Celtic stood his ground, saying, “You can intimidate me all you want, Infinator, but I won’t give in. Like the old saying, ‘No matter how the wind howls, the mountain cannot bow to it’. And I have every intention of ending the threat that is you once and for all so you won’t harm another innocent soul again. I won’t give up, no matter the odds. I’ve defied the odds several times now and this will be no different. En garde!”

Celtic transformed his arm into Fighter Sword. Undeterred, Infinator summoned an energy sword and the two clashed blades.

“Cobra Hydra Shroud!” Celtic stated.

The Shroud transformed into the Cobra Hydra Shroud. Infinator smirked as he saw this action.

“Foolish boy,” he taunted. “Did you forget that Advance-Tier demons are immune to Poison?”

Celtic smirked, “No, I didn’t. But I’ve also done my homework. And these cobras have an important task to deal with. One that’ll limit your options. Attack now!”

The three cobra heads swiftly emerged from the Shroud and bit down on three of Infinator’s tendrils, making him go wide eyed. They injected their venom into the tendrils, which caused them to go limp. Furious, Infinator raised up his last functioning tendril and tried to stab Celtic with it. However, Celtic grabbed with his free hand and bit down on it himself, injecting his own potent poison into the tendril. Infinator was forced to jump back in order to get away from the multiple sets of fangs that were biting into his body. Celtic and the three cobras let go, allowing Infinator to put some distance between them, but the task was done.

Infinator looked livid, “You little weasel! How did you know that poisoning my tendrils will disable them!?”

Celtic smirked, “I said it before: I did my homework. While it’s true that Advance-Tier demons like Galvaton Demons cannot be inflicted with both Poison or Curse status ailments, that doesn’t mean poisons or curses can’t still be used to some capacity. I learned that your tendrils can be disabled when injected with poison. The power of the venom depends on how long it’ll last. And since both my Cobra Hydra Shroud’s poison and my own natural venom are extremely potent to the point of being able to kill a person in minutes means that I’ve disabled one of your best weapons for a long time. It'll also prevent you from feeding for a while, which was another goal I had when this battle started. So I just limited your options, Infinator!”

Infinator gained a hateful expression, “You little rat! You slimly Shadokor spawn! I’ll erase you forever!” He started to channel energy before stating, “Light Cannon!”

He fired the powerful beam of Light energy. However, Celtic merely glared at it.

“Titanium Body!” he shouted.

His body turned into titanium. The Light Cannon struck the Shroud Hero but was unable to penetrate the Titanium Body spell, causing it to harmlessly disperse around him. Infinator had no choice but to end the attack, allowing Celtic to deactivate the Titanium Body spell.

“Your defenses leave nothing to be desired,” the evil demon growled. “But I’ll still crush you and your allies like insects under a cement block! I’ll take great pleasure in destroying the lives and futures of all those you care about! And I’ll start by crushing everyone’s hopes and dreams by killing you! Command!”

It was like a target had been placed on Celtic as several monsters appeared and began making their way in order to kill him. Celtic narrowed his eyes dangerously at Infinator.

“You’re the most pathetic demon I’ve ever seen, Infinator!” he retorted. “You’re just like a spoiled child and a bully, thinking you’ve got the upper hand because you summoned allies and throwing a tantrum when things don’t go your way! If you think these monster minions of yours intimidate me then you’ve got another thing coming!” He started to channel immense energy, “I won’t let you win, Infinator. I will put a stop to you once and for all. And I will protect the lives and futures of everyone in all worlds! My name is… My name is… My name is Celtic!!! Mana Eruption!”

He released a burst of light which was followed up by a huge magical explosion erupting from his body. Everything within range was caught up in the massive magical energy blast, utterly disintegrating all the monsters that tried to attack Celtic. Infinator himself was caught in the blast, much to his alarm, as the gigantic explosion engulfed the surrounding area. Skye, Zuzu, and Heatblast all could see the magical eruption as they got closer to where Celtic was, while the rest of the group could see it from afar. They also saw something get flung out of the blast zone, screaming in agony as it was sent flying over the horizon.

“What the hell was that explosion?!” Lucas sputtered.

Leon replied, “If I’m not mistaken… that is the Legendary-tier spell Mana Eruption! The spell consumes all of the user’s MP but turns it into a massive explosion that pretty much vaporizes everything within range of it. I wonder if Celtic is the one who used it?”

“Let’s keep going and find out!” Gram stated.

Everyone nodded and quickly made their way to where the Mana Eruption spell had happened. Skye, Heatblast, and Zuzu were in the lead, racing toward the epicenter of the blast zone. From afar they could see Celtic standing in the middle of a crater in the ground, exhausted but nonetheless alive. He slowly transformed his arm back to normal, panting and drenched in sweat.

“CELTIC!!!” Skye cried out as she jumped from Heatblast’s back and dove toward her fiancé.

Although tired Celtic quickly caught Skye before she hit the ground, causing him to stumble. Heatblast then tackled both of them, flattening them to the ground and eagerly licked Celtic. The rest of the group arrived on the scene and ran over toward the two lovers and their pet dragon.

“Cel!” Rupert stated. “Are you okay, pal?!”

Celtic replied wearily, “Exhausted from that spell, but nevertheless okay.”

“Celtic, where’d you learn Mana Eruption?” Leon asked. “That’s a Legendary-tier spell, and for good reasons. So where did you learn it?”

“I picked it up sometime after I taught you all Libera Dragon. From a Star Pearl, to be exact. I figured it might come in handy. And boy, did it ever, as I used it to send Infinator on the next flight out of here. That’ll deal him some impressive damage which should carry over until next time. I also disabled his tendrils so he cannot feed for a while, which should buy us more time and keep him from regaining his strength quickly. Hopefully it’ll be enough to give us an extra edge against him. Mana Eruption was very much a death-or-glory attack, as I’m completely drained of MP, but in the end it proved its worth.”

Skye had tears in her eyes, crying, “Cel! I was so worried about you! I thought we had lost you for a bit there! Please, don’t leave me again!”

She started to weep into his chest. Celtic hesitated at first before gently stroking her, trying to calm her down.

“How did you guys find me, anyway?” he asked. “Other than the massive explosion that Mana Eruption caused, anyway.”

Zuzu explained, “Skye used the heart you transplanted into her to act as a link to you. She concentrated her energies into it and it allowed her to track you. While the Mana Eruption spell helped by giving us a very big trail to follow it was that very same heart you gave Skye after Sylph killed her that allowed us to know where to even look. That heart transplant you did for her paid off big time in more ways than one.”

Celtic gently hugged Skye, “Wow, Skye, I had no idea that the heart that now beats in your chest could be used that way. That was quite brilliant of you to figure out.”

Skye hiccupped, “I didn’t know it could do that. I just took a roll of the dice and hoped it would succeed. A leap of faith if you will. I’m just glad it worked, otherwise we might have not gotten here in time before you could be attacked again.”

“You had us all worried, Cel,” Viola said. “What happened, exactly?”

“Infinator used a Teleport Crystal to separate me from the rest of you in an attempt to get rid of me,” the redhead explained. “I didn’t know that Teleport Crystals could be used that way, so it was quite the surprise. But, in the end, I managed to repel him and send him packing with Mana Eruption. However, we need to keep this knowledge that Teleport Crystals can be used in such a manner in the backs of our minds so we don’t fall victim to it again.”

Leon nodded, “Agreed, Cel. That’s certainly news to us. But now that we’re aware of it we can keep an eye out for any possible attempts from Infinator to separate us with Teleport Crystals.”

Zuzu nodded, “Aye, that’s true. I’ve been alive for nearly 400 years and I never knew that Teleport Crystals could be used that way. It just goes to show you how resourceful Infinator can be. Best keep that knowledge tucked away for future reference so we don’t get caught off-guard like tonight.”

Celtic gave a wide yawn, “Sorry… after using Mana Eruption I’m exhausted. Skye, if you’re done crying can you use Warp to get us back to our original location? That way we can resume our rest and be ready for tomorrow.”

Skye replied, “Sure, leave it to me. Warp.”

Everyone vanished in a flash of light. The reappeared at their campsite, which was undisturbed since the incident. Skye handed Celtic his Tek-Pak back, which allowed him to set the E-Shield again. Everyone quickly fell asleep in their beds, exhausted at the night’s events, knowing they had more work to do tomorrow.

Next Chapter: Bronwen’s Resolve

That's all for today, folks. Tune in next time to see what our Heroes face.

Time for the next chapter of Chaos Rising. (Warning: contains mild violence, mild language)

Bronwen’s Resolve

Dawn had broken over Nyx. The Heroes and their allies were stirring from their slumber, all still exhausted after what had happened during the night before.

Lucas stretched, saying, “Man, I wish we could sleep in today. After what Infinator did last night I’m still pretty tuckered out.”

Ryan rotated his arm, saying, “Celtic should be the one saying that, as it was he who got teleported away from us and was forced to fight Infinator. Yet he’s not uttering a single complaint, even after using that nuke of a spell to send that diabolical Galvaton Demon packing. As tired as we may be, we’ve got a job to finish. Viola, how much further do we have until our next planetary energy vein?”

Viola took out the map, looked at the position of the sun, and did a quick calculation.

“I estimate we should reach it by mid-morning from our current position,” she said. “That’s not factoring in monster attacks and Nyx’s infamous weather. If we were to factor in those it would probably be closer to 11 AM, give or take.”

Leon chuckled, “Leave it to Viola to be a master navigator and figure all that out. That’s just one of her many talents.”

Viola’s six eyes widened, gaining a blush, and turning her head away, embarrassed by the praise from her lover.

Celtic chuckled, “Well, we can’t do it on an empty stomach. Let me get to work on making breakfast and then we’ll head out to the final planetary energy vein we need to reroute. Hopefully the other search parties are doing okay with their assigned task. Now, enough talk, time to get cooking.”

Celtic went to work on making breakfast while everyone waited. He had also reworked the grass beds into grass picnic tables so the hungry warriors could sit down as they eagerly awaited his latest culinary creation. After Celtic finished cooking the group quickly scarfed down their breakfast, as they knew they had work to do. Once the dishes were washed and tucked away in the Tek-Pak they continued their mission, Viola in the lead with the map.

After about two hours of hiking everyone decided to take a break. Taking out their canteens they guzzled down their supply of water.

“Man, today is hot,” Eric complained.

“I’ll say,” Jerry nodded. “And the monster attacks aren’t exactly making it any easier. But, like Celtic’s party has said numerous times, the Hero gig isn’t easy, something that we should’ve listened to long ago. So we just have to grin and bear it.”

Zuzu brushed some hair out of her face, saying, “The heat should break soon. This is yet another one of Nyx’s infamous weather fluctuations, so give it some time and it’ll get cooler.”

Just as she said that a cold breeze flew in and the heat instantly became more bearable.

“See?”

“Jeez, Nyx’s weather sure is erratic,” May said. “One minute it’s hot then the next it’s cool then after that it could be pouring rain. When they said Nyx’s weather was infamous for how almost random it is they weren’t kidding.”

Celtic replied dryly, “At least the weather forecasters on Earth don’t have to track Nyx’s weather. They’re already infamously inaccurate, so seeing them try to decipher and track the weather here on Nyx would get them fired for sure.”

Ryan chuckled, “Yeah, that’s true. You can never trust weathermen to be accurate, and even attempting to understand Nyx’s weather patterns, if you can call them that, would cause them to quit on the spot out of stress.”

Suddenly, Heatblast started growling, embers flickering out of his nostrils. This sudden change of temperament alerted the rest of the group.

“Do you detect Infinator, Heatblast?” Skye asked.

Heatblast shook his head but was still growling, looking ahead. He then fired a fireball from his mouth at an unknown target, revealing itself to be Bronwen. Everyone quickly got into a battle-ready pose.

“So much for trying to camouflage my energies,” Bronwen said nonchalantly. “It would appear that my scent ratted me out. Too bad, as I was hoping to snap up one of you in my iron maiden body while your guard was down. Oh, well, maybe next time.”

Lucas gave his Spear a spin, stating, “So, come to fight us, have you, Bronwen? I think it’s time to finally take you out of the picture!”

Bronwen gained a bored expression, “While I don’t deny you’ve improved, you’re still no match for me. Caym, Seth, and Kalaraja should’ve been more careful, otherwise they wouldn’t have been beaten by the likes of you.”

Celtic narrowed his eyes, his pupils become slits, growling, “Judging by your tone, I take it you’re aware of what happened to your fellow Demon Generals, Bronwen.”

“Sadly, yes, I am. But that’s just how it goes. The strong prey on the weak. Just simple demon logic. Being a Demon General is a cutthroat job, after all. Those three should’ve realized that Master Infinator wouldn’t take kindly to their failures, especially now that he has his body back. And it’s just part of the demonic food chain, where an Advance-Tier demon like Master Infinator would clearly see Mid-Tiers like them as nourishment to further strengthen him. It’s just the demonic cycle of life. I’m sure your comrade Zuzu knows that way of life all too well so you shouldn’t be so critical.”

Zuzu replied, “Yeah, I know that way of life. And I’ve come to see just how demons like Infinator are using it to conceal their cruelty. Now the concept disgusts me. Ever since Celtic and his misfit crew took me in I’ve come to enjoy my new life, having great friends and a surrogate family of sorts, and I never want to return to the way I was for nearly 400 years. But the fact remains: Infinator needs to be stopped, as using the demonic food chain to hide his cruelty is just pain disgusting. No wonder Galvaton Demons are the most despised of all demons, and Infinator is no exception.”

Rupert growled, “You realize that you could be next, Bronwen.”

Bronwen brushed some hair out of her face before saying, “Yeah, I’m aware, despite the fact that I’m more of a Lesser Demon than a pure demon, thus the demonic food chain largely doesn’t apply to me. And if that’s what my Master wants, then so be it. Granted, I would prefer to live to see Master Infinator rule over all worlds and realities as his right-hand. But if he needs my lifeforce to ensure that he becomes the supreme ruler of all existence, then so be it. I knew that becoming a Demon General could have a massive payout, but also came with equally massive risks. And I’m prepared to make whatever sacrifice I have to in order for Master Infinator to achieve his goal. Even if it means I need to make the ultimate sacrifice for his cause. That’s just how being a Demon General goes.”

Gram was wide-eyed, sputtering, “Y-You’re completely willing to throw your life away just so Infinator can gain the necessary power to rule all worlds?! Even if it means you’ll be consumed by him!? Why?”

“Don’t knights like you have a similar mentality? Aren’t you willing to give your lives for your people? You knights treat that as a badge of honor. My resolve is just the same, albeit in a different form. I’m willing to give my life to Master Infinator if he sees fit so he can prosper. Caym, Seth, and Kalaraja should’ve realized that before signing up to become new Demon Generals, as that’s just part of the job description. They should’ve known that their lives could be forfeited to further Master Infinator’s goal. It’s their fault for thinking that Master Infinator would spare them, especially after their failures. Like I said before, being a Demon General is a cutthroat job. But my resolve is no different then you knights, just a bit different. Simple as that. Now, enough small-talk, it’s time for battle. My fellow Wrath Iron Maidens, come forth!”

Portals opened, allowing several different Wrath Iron Maidens to emerge from them.

“Please dispose of these fools, my sisters,” Bronwen said. “I’ve got other things to deal with. Make sure you capture their fallen souls for Master Infinator. Oh, and most of all, have fun.” She turned to the Hero group, “If you somehow survive this I’ll see you at the final battle. Thanks to Celtic Master Infinator is in pretty bad shape, so I need to tend to him. I’ll leave your fates to my sisters here, and if you do somehow survive I expect you to witness Master Infinator return to his true power… along with your demise. Farewell. Teleport.”

She vanished from the battlefield, leaving her fellow Wrath Iron Maidens behind. The various Wrath Iron Maidens gained eager expressions, opening and closing their iron maiden lower bodies hungrily.

“Lunch time, girls!” one Wrath Iron Maiden said.

Celtic transformed his arm into Giga Knuckle, growling, “The only thing you’ll be eating are knuckle sandwiches. Along with the taste of defeat. Battle Formation: Beta 8!”

Everyone took a set battle formation, ready and willing to fight.

“This should be amusing,” one Wrath Steel Maiden giggled. “Let’s get them!”

The various Wrath Iron Maidens charged in, ready to devour the Hero group. But the Heroes and their allies were not perturbed by this threat. They immediately jumped into the fray, ready to take down their dangerous foes. One by one the various Wrath Iron Maidens fell to the superior strength and strategy of the Hero group. After roughly 15 minutes the last female monster was slain. The Hero group was panting from the short but hard battle.

Celtic wiped his brow before giving instructions, “Leon, Viola, you know the drill by now. Help patch everyone up. Then we’ll resume our mission to the planetary energy vein.”

Gram turned to Wendy, “You help, too, Wendy.”

The three nodded and began making their rounds, healing and restoring the group back to full strength. After a few minutes the deed was done and everyone had been patched up.

Jerry kicked a Wrath Iron Maiden corpse, saying, “Too bad none of these monsters were new to us, as we could’ve unlocked the next tier of Wrath Iron Maiden powers for our Legendary Gear.”

Tyroe replied, “The last level would be Wrath Chaos Maidens, if I’m not mistaken, but these only reached Wrath Titanium Maidens, so, yeah, no new powers for you.”

Zuzu added, “Not to mention Bronwen is technically a Wrath Chaos Maiden, just enhanced to become their ‘boss’ by Infinator if I’m remembering it right. So we’re already familiar with Wrath Chaos Maidens to a degree, as Bronwen is one, just stronger than normal. But considering the fact that we have yet to see the last of Bronwen means there might be another chance for you Heroes to gain the last level of Wrath Iron Maiden powers for your Legendary Gear.”

Skye placed a hand on her hip, “I just can’t believe that Bronwen really is accepting the fact that Infinator could devour her just to speed up his recovery. I mean, sure, she wasn’t exactly wrong when she compared her resolve to that of most knights, but still, it’s rather disturbing that she’s completely okay with it.”

Celtic gave a heavy sigh, “That’s her resolve. And we have no right to try to convince her otherwise. She’s willingly thrown in her lot with Infinator for a long time now, so there’s no point in trying to get her to change her mind. I’ll commend her for standing by her resolve in a villainous honor sort of way, even if I don’t approve of it. But she’s made her choice and that’s just how it is. Come on, let’s not dwell on this philosophical dilemma and get back on track to our target. The sooner we can cut Infinator off from power sources the better.”

Everyone nodded before resuming their mission. While they were disturbed, yet moved, by Bronwen’s resolve they knew they had to stop Infinator before he destroyed any more lives.

Next Chapter: Courage in the Face of Adversity

That's it for today. The final battle will soon be upon us. Will the Heroes succeed in stopping Infinator once and for all? Tune in next time to find out.

Time for the next chapter of Chaos Rising.

Courage in the Face of Adversity

It was a short time after the Hero group had fought off Bronwen’s various Wrath Iron Maidens. They were standing at a certain spot. Celtic was checking the tracking device to ensure they were in the right location.

“Yep, X marks the spot,” he said. “This is the final planetary energy vein we need to reroute. Then we can start setting a trap for Infinator at the last spot. Hopefully the other search parties are doing okay. But back to business. Tyroe, May, you know the drill. Work your magic.”

Tyroe and May nodded before stepping up to the designated spot. They began channeling energy before firing it directly at the ground. As they did Celtic observed their progress from the tracking device. After a few minutes both slumped over, exhausted.

“It’s… done…” May panted.

Tyroe nodded wearily, “Yeah… that’s… that… We’ve… successfully… rerouted… the energy… vein…”

Celtic nodded as he looked at the tracking device, “Yes, you both did a good job. Now it’s out of reach from Infinator’s slimy tendrils. At the end of the day it’s probably better that we reroute these energy veins. Not just because of Infinator, but to help keep the planet stable. Especially after Sylph ‘activated’ the Light Lighthouse by stealing the Light Gem, which resulted in not only a short but strong increase in the planet’s energies, but also awoke the Spiria after their long hibernation. And considering that Nyx is the largest hotspot for these veins it would make sense to keep them in-check to avoid any problems, as Nyx is already a dangerous land.”

Zuzu replied, “Aye, that’s true, Celtic. Keeping planetary energy veins in check is a good thing, as it prevents any sudden ruptures, which can cause devastating damage. And unlike the Elemental Lighthouses, energy vein ruptures don’t have a quick-and-easy fix. So it is smart that our group and the other search parties are rerouting these energy veins, as it’s not only keeping them away from Infinator but also ensuring that the planet doesn’t tear itself apart by accident. After all, the whole reason for the Elemental Lighthouses was to control the planet’s natural energies and keep it from self-destructing. So, in the long run, we’re doing the planet a favor.”

Lucas turned to Celtic, “In any case, you should contact King Duskbane and let him know we’ve finished on our end. Now all that’s left is setting a trap for Infinator at the last energy vein.”

Celtic nodded, “Right, give me a nano.” He took out the communicator and activated it, “King Duskbane, do you copy? It’s me, Cel… err… Avalar.”

To his surprise a different voice replied, “I hear you, Avalar.”

“Aunt Wuya?” Celtic asked, quirking an eyebrow. “Not that I’m not happy to hear you, but where’s Uncle Duskbane? We need to report about the planetary energy vein.”

“King Duskbane is preparing for battle with our ShadoKnights and our Sky Rays,” Queen Wuya replied. “I’ve taken over as mission control, as we’ve gotten word that Infinator is starting to make his final moves in his quest for interdimensional conquest. So let me know the current status of your mission.”

Celtic’s eyes widened, “Uncle Duskbane is preparing for battle? I guess the final battle is going to be upon us sooner than expected. And yet it’s better that we end Infinator and get this whole game of cat-and-mouse said and done with. But back on track, we’ve successfully rerouted our final planetary energy vein. That leaves the one we were going to use as a trap for Infinator. But something tells me this plan may have gone the way of the dodo?”

“Not quite, Avalar, but you’re not far off. We’ve received word that Infinator is already using that energy vein to recover his strength, since it would still take you time to reach it even with Shadow Warp. Ever since you used Mana Eruption on him he and Bronwen have been using that last energy vein, near the base of where his original prison
location once was, to quickly heal him while our side focused on the mission. As a result, the plan to use that vein as a trap has been scrapped. But we still plan to use that vein in another form. Specifically, we plan to force-feed him energy from that energy vein so he’ll overload and cause more damage instead of healing to him. After all, living creatures have a limit of how much they can take in, and Infinator is no exception.”

“So, what do we do?”

“I have your new orders: remain where you are so that King Duskbane and the Sky Rays can pick you up and we can begin our new plan. The Sky Rays also will be picking up the other search parties, as our original objective has been changed. You can expect a large army for the final fight. They should be there in about an hour, give or take. I suggest you feed your group that they’re ready for the final battle. Don’t worry, as all your work with the other energy veins has become crucial linchpins to our new plan. Therefore prepare your group, as it’s time to end this once and for all.”

Celtic gained a solemn look and nodded, “Right, we’re on it. Avalar signing out.” He deactivated the communicator before turning to the group, “This is it, folks. The final battle is just around the corner. Our original plan has been altered due to new information obtained recently. In place of using the energy vein to lure in Infinator we’re now going to use it to force-feed him energy. He’ll overload and suffer more damage instead of healing, as he’s been using that energy vein already to recover after I blasted him with Mana Eruption. Uncle Duskbane and his ShadoKnights are loading up their Sky Rays in preparation for this final battle. I’ve been given orders for us to wait here until they arrive. As a result of time being of the essence, I will be making a quick lunch for us right here, as we need to have full bellies in order to be at full strength. I will quickly make something while we wait for Uncle Duskbane to arrive.”

Everyone nodded and Celtic quickly went to work on making a quick yet filling meal, setting up the Grass Bomb picnic tables in the process. To everyone’s delight he decided to use some of the Clobbster meat he still had to make lunch with. After about 20 minutes he had made nearly three dozen Clobbster rolls with melted butter. Everyone eagerly took some of the Clobbster rolls, with Heatblast getting a large amount, and quickly dove into them.

“Mmm!!!” Eric said, starry eyed. “This is what Clobbster tastes like? It’s amazing! Even better than regular lobster!”

Lucas gained a dreamy expression, “I can see why Clobbster is such a coveted monster, as it tastes heavenly. And with Wench dead I can finally eat this delicacy with no strings attached.”

Ryan nodded, “Yeah. I remember when Celtic made Clobbster bisque for my party and me during the Karma Diamond hunt upon our request. It was delicious, though I think I prefer Clobbster rolls, as you can really enjoy the Clobbster meat more like this.”

Jerry turned to Celtic, “Hey, Celtic, how come this Clobbster tastes so fresh? I mean, you got the meat ages ago. So how?”

Celtic finished his bite of Clobbster roll before replying, “My Tek-Pak preserves everything that is inside it. Since it converts what goes into it into energy it locks it into a perfectly preserved state. That’s why I can carry so much food in it without worrying about it going bad, as the Tek-Pak perfectly preserves it in the same state as it was in when first digitized. Even though I’ve had this Clobbster in my Tek-Pak for some time now it’s still as fresh as when I first got it because converting it into energy prevents spoiling. As long as my Tek-Pak remains intact, and the solar battery continues to function, it can keep anything and everything inside it in their original state.”

“How’d you come up with something like that, Celtic?” Eric asked, stunned.

“You’d be surprised, Eric. Although I realized that the Tek-Pak was too powerful for mainstream release, as it could be very easily abused by thieves and terrorists. I own the only one and I destroyed the original blueprints for good measures. After all, I like to design new items to improve the quality of life but I won’t release anything if
it’s too powerful or that could become potentially dangerous. Most of my successful ideas have managed to avoid such fates, like hover cars and gelitonium, but ones like the Tek-Pak never saw a public release due to the potential dangers it could unintentionally bring with it. It was most fortunate that I pretty much always carry the Tek-Pak with me to ensure it never falls in the wrong hands, and it was especially fortunate that it came along for the ride when I was first summoned to Zakota. Well, to be technical, summoned back to Zakota, as this is my birth world. But you get the picture. Now, eat quickly, as Uncle Duskbane and his ShadoKnights will be here soon.”

Everyone nodded and quickly finished off the Clobbster rolls, knowing that they had important work to do. It wasn’t long after they had finished when they heard the screeches of the Sky Rays. They all looked to the sky to see the huge army of Sky Rays flying toward them.

“Looks like we finished eating just in time,” Rupert said.

One of the Sky Rays landed on the ground, revealing it to be shuttling King Duskbane. He jumped off the Sky Ray and approached the Hero group.

“Avalar and company, I’m aware that you know about the change of plans,” he said. “Our mission is simple: we need to locate the central energy vein that is connected to the smaller energy vein Infinator is feeding off of and manipulate it to force-feed him energy.”

“So, where is the central energy vein?” Viola asked.

“Fortunately, it’s not far from here. Expect Infinator and Bronwen to retaliate the moment they put two and two together. So, are you ready to go?”

Skye nodded, “We are. Let’s end this once and for all.”

“Then everyone should get on the Sky Rays.”

He gave a whistle, alerting some of the less occupied Sky Rays to fly down to the ground in order to pick up the passengers. Everyone piled onto the Sky Rays, with Celtic jumping onto Heatblast and Zuzu flying on her own power, before taking off. King Duskbane led the way toward their next destination. It wasn’t long before they arrived at their targeted location.

King Duskbane took out a tracking device before saying, “We’re here. Leave manipulating the central energy vein to me and my ShadoKnights. That way you all can be ready for battle the moment Infinator appears. Expect Bronwen to summon Wrath Iron Maidens to help even out the numbers between us. Now, it’s time to get to work. ShadoKnights, on my mark! …NOW!”

The various Shadokor fired energy from their hands directly into the ground. As they did everyone could feel a strong energy flow underground getting stronger. No more than a few minutes later everyone heard a scream of agony from further away.

“Cease fire!” King Duskbane stated. “Our ‘prey’ should be here soon now that we’ve ruffled their feathers, so prepare for battle!”

It wasn’t long before Infinator and Bronwen appeared on the scene. Infinator looked rather beat up and was clearly livid while Bronwen remained calm.

“You little weasels!” Infinator snarled. “I don’t know how you did that nor how you knew what I was doing but you somehow force-fed me the planet’s energy that I was recovering off of! Now you’ve done it! Since you went through all that trouble to flush me out I see no reason to delay this any further, especially since you seem so eager to die. Fine, let the battle fires burn brightly as we engage in our final dance of death! Bronwen, if you’d please?”

Bronwen nodded before stating, “My fellow Wrath Iron Maidens, come forth!”

Several portals opened up, causing multiple Wrath Iron Maidens to appear.

“My sisters, the final battle is here. It is time to feast upon these foolish souls and bring about a new era. It is time to show them what you’re made of and bring Master Infinator to victory!”

Celtic, who was riding Heatblast, countered, “That’s what you think, Bronwen! Today we intend to end this farce once and for all. Infinator, today will be your last day! That I promise!”

Next Chapter: The Final Betrayal

That's all for today, folks. The final battle is upon us. Who will win? Tune in next time to find out.

The Final Betrayal

The Heroes and their allies were staring down Infinator, Bronwen, and the various Wrath Iron Maidens. They knew that the final battle was upon them.

Celtic stated strongly, “Today we will put an end to all this! Together we fight!”

“Together we stand!” everyone else said in unison.

“And together you’ll fall!” Bronwen countered. “Master Infinator, shall I begin the attack?”

Infinator, who was still nursing his injuries, nodded, “Do so, Bronwen. Show these fools just how stupid they are for challenging me. I will admit I agree with the Chaos breed Shroud Hero: today will be the end of this whole ordeal. The Heroes will fall and this world will follow, and after that every world will be under my heel! Get rid of them, now!”

Bronwen nodded, “At once, Master. My fellow Wrath Iron Maidens… devour these fools and make them regret ever challenging us!”

The various Wrath Iron Maidens nodded, stating in unison, “At once, Master Bronwen!” They turned their attention to the army facing them down, “Time to die, zeroes!”

Celtic and Zuzu exchanged nods before channeling energy, stating, “From the depths of the Demon Realm I call upon thee. Burn my foes with Hell’s flaming grip before freezing them into oblivion! May their souls be forever trapped in the jaws of my demon kin! Frigid Hellfire!”

The two released the demonic energy they were charging up, causing blue flames to engulf the various Wrath Iron Maidens, making them scream in pain. The flames then turned into ice and trapped them within it, preventing them from moving or fighting back.

Celtic turned to Gram, “Gram, give them a taste of your Zenithton Blade to wipe them out in one swoop!”

Gram nodded, quickly sheathing his regular sword before drawing his Zenithton Blade. He started to channel energy into it while the Wrath Iron Maidens were defenseless.

“Eat this!” he roared.

He gave a powerful horizontal swing of the Zenithton Blade, creating a massive energy wave that utterly obliterated the defenseless Wrath Iron Maidens, leaving mere fragments behind. Bronwen managed to shield Infinator with a barrier, preventing them from being struck by the powerful attack.

Bronwen huffed, “You may have destroyed that group of Wrath Iron Maidens, but I can summon countless more. Observe! My fellow Wrath Iron Maidens, come forth!”

More portals opened up, allowing more Wrath Iron Maiden monsters to emerge from them. They looked eager to fight.

Bronwen then started to channel energy, “And while you’re at it, have a taste of this! Giga Volt!”

Massive lightning bolts rained down upon the Hero group. However, moments before they could strike the heroic army and the Sky Rays Leon was channeling energy.

“Mega Aura!” he shouted.

Auras formed around everyone, including the Sky Rays, just moments before the lightning could strike them. The Giga Volt slammed into the auras but were unable to penetrate it, leaving the Hero group unharmed.

“Quick thinking there, Leon,” Skye smiled, giving him a thumbs-up.

Viola gently embraced Leon from behind, her head perched on top of his, saying, “That’s my handsome Templar hunk. Clearly the best thing to ever come out of the Four Stars Church.”

Infinator balked as he saw this affection, stating, “It’s disgusting things like love that make me sick. That’s one thing I intend to eliminate once I destroy all of you and conquer all worlds. And this is no time to be flirting, web breath, as we’re in the middle of a battle. Anyway, while those auras will protect you for now, they don’t last forever, as they’ll eventually fade on their own. So don’t think you’re gonna be safe forever, Hero trash! That I promise!”

Celtic huffed, “You’ve failed to follow up on that threat every single time, Infinator. It makes me question just how ‘powerful’ you really are. And considering you were defenseless for the past 2,500 years, relying on a spell the Light Elves stupidly used to buy yourself time until you recovered your body just proves what a spineless coward you are. Why don’t you face us instead of hiding behind your last Demon General and your groupies? Are you afraid you’ll lose, just like what happened in the Great Demon War itself? If you’re thinking about defeat then you’ve already lost! Let’s see just how ‘powerful’ you really are, Infinator!”

Infinator’s eye twitched in rage before he spat, “You’re asking for it, Shroud Hero! Fine, I’ll take you out first! Lower the aura so I can kill you!”

Celtic smirked, “I’ve got an even better idea. Let’s try this on for size! The souls that possess the seven sins. Sins are power, power enriched by the heart. The seven sins unite to create the ultimate power. May the seven sins be the beacon of a new era! Assault Mode activate!

The various symbols representing the Seven Deadly Sins formed underneath their respective owners. They then formed beams of energy that struck Celtic, who had jumped off of Heatblast, encasing him in a sphere of power. The sphere then cracked and shattered, revealing Celtic’s Assault Mode form. The other four Heroes went wide-eyed as they saw Celtic’s new form.

“Is that Celtic’s Assault Mode form?” Jerry asked in awe.

“It must be!” Ryan stated. “The very power that defeated the Chaos Chimera and saved our skins at the same time.”

Lucas grinned darkly, “Now Infinator’s gonna get it.”

Infinator became noticeably nervous as he saw Celtic in his Assault Mode form. Celtic’s eyes snapped open and he vanished in the blink of an eye before reappearing in front of Infinator and viciously pummeling him with a barrage of powerful punches. He then performed a roundhouse kick that sent Infinator hurling to the ground, creating a crater upon impact. Celtic then started to channel energy before firing a rapid barrage of energy bolts that rained down upon Infinator.

Bronwen stated, “Stop him!”

The various Wrath Iron Maidens quickly charged Celtic. However, he performed a swift motion with his arm that effortlessly destroyed all of them. He then redirected his attention back to Infinator, who was struggling to stand, rocketed down toward him, and performed an axe kick, smashing the evil Galvaton Demon into the dirt, creating an even bigger crater in the process. The Hero faction was cheering as Celtic effortlessly brutalized Infinator.

“Yeah, Infinator’s getting his just desserts!” Eric cheered.

“And about time, too!” Gram nodded.

King Duskbane then said, “Don’t get too excited. Remember, Avalar’s Assault Mode has a time limit before his own power can overwhelm and potentially cause him to self-destruct. He needs to finish the job quickly or else Infinator could potentially gain the upper hand by stalling the time limit out.”

Skye nodded, “That’s right. But at the very least he’s brutalizing Infinator, which will at least make him weak enough for more traditional attacks to finish him off if the time limit expires before Infinator does.”

Bronwen growled, “I won’t let that Chaos breed beat my Master! My fellow Wrath Iron Maidens, come forth!”

Several more Wrath Iron Maidens appeared from portals.

“Keep the Shroud Hero busy to buy Master Infinator time!” she instructed. “Do whatever you have to in order to stall out that Chaos breed’s Assault Mode form’s time limit!”

Before the various Wrath Iron Maidens could respond Infinator quickly shot up into the air in an attempt to escape Celtic, grabbed Bronwen, and projected a barrier around them.

He growled, “I’ve got a better idea, Bronwen, because your idea makes me sound weak. You will give yourself to me to give me more power!”

Before Bronwen could reply Infinator raised up his tendrils and impaled his final Demon General, injecting her with his paralyzing poisons.

Bronwen closed her eyes, saying calmly, “If that is your wish, Master, then go ahead.”

Everyone, including the Wrath Iron Maidens, watched in horror as Infinator drained Bronwen of her life. Celtic rocketed toward them and tried to shatter the barrier around them but it managed to endure just long enough for Infinator to fully drain Bronwen of her life, power, and body, leaving a frail shell behind. He callously dropped her lifeless body, causing it to shatter like porcelain on the ground, while he flowed with new power. He then locked hands with Celtic and both began to struggle in the air.

“What are you fools waiting for!?” Infinator called out to the various Wrath Iron Maidens. “Attack now!”

The various Wrath Iron Maidens exchanged looks before gaining angry expressions.

“You can fight your own battles, Infinator!” one spat.

“Yeah, we’re not listening to you!” another added.

“We only take orders from Master Bronwen!” a third chimed in.

“Yeah, so you can deal with these Heroes and their allies all by yourself, you traitor!” a fourth snapped.

With a final huff the various Wrath Iron Maidens turned their backs to Infinator and floated away, completely abandoning the fight.

“Wow, I don’t think we were expecting that,” Ryan said.

“Nor do I think Infinator was expecting it,” Rupert added.

“Serves him right, though,” Tyroe huffed. “He turned on his last and most loyal General, who was also the boss of the Wrath Iron Maidens, so it’s only natural they’d turn on him in response.”

Zuzu nodded, “Aye, that’s true. Now Infinator is bereft of any other allies, forcing him to handle us on his own. Which means we need to capitalize on it, as Celtic’s Assault Mode form’s time limit is nearly up.”

Celtic seemed to know this, as he forcefully grabbed Infinator, spun around several times before hurling him into a nearby rock wall, causing it to collapse on top of the evil demon, burying him. Celtic was then encased in a sphere of energy, indicating that his time was up, before the sphere broke and revealed him to be back to normal. Heatblast quickly caught Celtic as he started to fall, managing to adjust an obviously exhausted Shroud Hero into a more comfortable position.

“Nice… save… Heatblast…” Celtic panted.

“Loverboy, are you okay?” Skye asked, concerned.

“Can you still fight, Avalar?” King Duskbane asked.

Celtic nodded, “Yeah… I still have some fight left in me, don’t worry. I just need a moment or two to regain my bearings and recover from the power strain. While I wasn’t able to finish him off Infinator is now weak enough that more conventional attacks will do quite a bit to him. After all, Galvaton Demons are the perfect example of damage sponges, having a lot of HP but lacking in the defensive department to make all those Hit Points more useful. We just need to keep pushing forward, as he’ll soon be reaching the end of his rope. At least now he doesn’t have a single ally left, meaning he has to fight his own battles without relying on flunkies or meat shields to defend him. This is our chance to finally end this war once and for all, so let’s give it one last push and turn Infinator into just a bad memory!”

Everyone cheered, priming their weapons and magic for the final battle. Infinator emerged from the rubble of stone and rock before floating up to his enemies.

“I won’t be defeated by puny ants like you!” he spat. “Allies or not, I WILL prevail! Just you wait and see!”

Next Chapter: Light at the End of the Tunnel

That's it for today. Who will win the final battle? The Heroes? Or Infinator? Tune in next time to find out.

Time for the next chapter of Chaos Rising. (Warning: contains violence, mild language)

Light at the End of the Tunnel

The Hero faction was staring down Infinator, both sides were eager to end the war once and for all. Both sides were waiting for the other to make a move, feeling that the first one to move will lose.

Finally, Infinator roared, “Have a taste of this! Light Cannon!”

He charged up Light energy before firing it in a condensed beam at the Hero group. The Sky Rays performed some impressive evasion maneuvers to avoid the attack. Heatblast then started to pelt Infinator with fireballs, forcing him to end his attack so he could block them. This gave everyone the opening they were looking for. The other Heroes each exchanged nods before priming their weapons.

“Meteor Slash!” Ryan shouted.

“Meteor Thrust!” Lucas roared.

“Meteor Slam!” Eric yelled.

“Meteor Shot!” Jerry stated.

They each fired their Meteor attacks at Infinator, who was too preoccupied by Heatblast’s fireballs. By the time he realized they had launched their attacks they were right on top of him. The four Meteor attacks slammed into Infinator, engulfing him in a large explosion. When the smoke cleared Infinator looked damaged.

“You little weasels,” he growled. “You’ll pay for that! I… huh?”

He looked behind himself, his eyes widening when he realized his tendrils had been blasted to bits, leaving him without his most effective weapon.

Skye smirked, “Nice shooting, you four. You destroyed Infinator’s tendrils. Not only does that mean he can’t feed but it also removes his most dangerous weapons. Looks like your Meteor attacks finally did something impressive to our enemies, as those attacks have been the joke of the battlefield for quite some time.”

“Please don’t remind us, Skye…” Eric said in a depressed tone.

“Well, she has a point,” Zuzu said matter-of-factly. “But time for that later, we need to strike while the iron is hot!” She started to channel energy before stating, “I may be only a Mid-Tier demon, but I pack more than enough punch to give an Advance-Tier demon some pain! Eat this, Infinator! Dark Meteors!”

Dark energy meteors rained down on the battlefield, hammering away at Infinator, making him yell in pain as he tried to defend himself from the attack. This barrage left him open to other attacks, allowing the Heroes’ allies to start launching their own attacks. Heatblast also started to fire more fireballs at Infinator. This combination of different moves forced Infinator on the defensive, trying his best to shield himself from the barrage. Leon then loaded up an energy arrow, took aim, and fired it directly at the gem on Infinator’s chest. The arrow struck the gem with a vengeance, knocking Infinator back. To the evil demon’s horror the gem was now severely cracked, causing energy to leak out.

“Nice shot, Leon!” King Duskbane stated. “By cracking that gem on his chest Infinator will now steadily lose power, as that’s where he keeps all the souls he’s consumed. It’s only a matter of time before he’s weak enough to be slain.”

Infinator clutched the cracked gem, thinking, “No… No! This can’t be happening! I’m going to lose this battle! No! I won’t let that happen! Not again! I have to get out of here!”

Celtic immediately saw what Infinator was planning, so he started to channel energy into his metal arm, stating, “I know what you’re gonna do, Infinator, and I’m not going to let you do it! Libera Dragon!”

He fired the purple, translucent dragon at Infinator. The evil demon quickly grabbed the dragon by its fangs, forcing its mouth to stay open and not be struck by it. However, with the energy leaking out of his gem he was unable to force the Libera Dragon back, meaning he was trapped in its jaws.

Celtic knew what this predicament meant so he started channeling more energy, stating, “I was hoping I didn’t have to use this, but it is as good of a time as any. Infinator, you’re about to be defeated by the very combo that ended you the first time! Pandora Cannon!”

He released a huge amount of demonic energy. The energy caused him to suddenly sprout a pair of wings, the left one being a white angel wing while the right was a black demonic wing. The energy then started to weave its way around the Libera Dragon, causing the dragon to become more detailed, its scales becoming more crystalized, its head and jaws becoming more pronounced, and its eyes becoming even more fierce. The dragon’s jaws became stronger and started to force Infinator into a desperate situation, as he knew what was coming.

“What’s Pandora Cannon?” Lucas asked.

Zuzu replied, “I’ve heard rumors about it. It’s said to be the ultimate Demon spell. I heard that it was the spell that destroyed Infinator back during the Great Demon War but I wasn’t certain if that was true or not. I take it Celtic knowing that spell is your doing, Duskbane?”

King Duskbane nodded, “Indeed, Zuzu, as I wanted a backup plan in case Avalar’s Assault Mode wasn’t enough to win. Considering that the combo of Libera Dragon and Pandora Cannon are what destroyed Infinator the first time at the hands of the Shadow Prince I knew that Avalar could use that very same combo if need be. However… it does have a very dangerous drawback that’ll leave the user at the enemy’s mercy if the attack fails.”

Suddenly, everyone could see that Celtic’s HP and MP stats were dropping like rocks, much to their alarm. Those stats seemed to be turning into energy that was further empowering the Pandora Cannon. As this occurred, energy started to form inside the Libera Dragon’s body and quickly began working its way up to the dragon’s mouth, where Infinator was trapped. Infinator’s eyes widened in horror as he saw the energy travel up the dragon’s body before reaching the back of the throat, just in front of the evil Galvaton Demon. The energy finally burst out, engulfing Infinator, making him scream in agony as his body was torn apart by the intense power of Pandora Cannon.

“No!” he wailed. “No! It can’t end like this! I was destined to rule all of existence! I’m about to be blasted out of existence by a miserable Chaos breed Hero! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!”

Celtic gave the Pandora Cannon one last push, causing it to completely engulf Infinator’s body. Before long Infinator was completely disintegrated by the attack, body, mind, and soul, leaving no trace of him. His death caused the Libera Dragon and Pandora Cannon combo to end, leaving Celtic with only 1 HP and completely drained of MP.

“Is it over?” Gram asked.

King Duskbane smiled, “Yes, my young friends, it’s over. I can no longer detect any traces of Infinator. He’s gone for good, body, mind, and soul. We won. After 2,500+ years Infinator and his faction are gone for good. The war has finally ended in our victory.”

Everyone was stunned silent as the realization sunk in. When it did everyone erupted into cheers.

“I can’t believe it’s finally over!” Rupert said happily.

“After so many centuries the war with Infinator is finally over!” Viola jumped up and down joyfully.

“Now all of Zakota… no, all of existence has been liberated from Infinator’s evil once and for all!” Tyroe cheered.

Zuzu thrust her fist in the air, stating, “It’s hard to believe that all the blood, sweat, and tears we put into this war have finally paid off! We won!”

Even Heatblast gave triumphant roars, happy that everything was finally over.

Suddenly, white wisps appeared, surprising everyone.

“What are those?” Jerry asked.

“Those are the souls that Infinator devoured,” Leon replied. “I can sense it. They’ve been freed from Infinator’s clutches and can now move on into the afterlife peacefully. That includes any victims of the Chaos Chimera.”

Suddenly, four wisps flew over to where Ryan was, much to his confusion. They then took the form of his former party members, making the Sword Hero’s eyes become as wide as saucers.

Ryan quickly went down on his knees, pleading, “My loyal party members! Please, forgive me for taking your lives for granted and letting my pride, ego, and jealousy blind me to the truth! Please, forgive me for sending you to your deaths at the claws of the Chaos Chimera because of my poor leadership! Your deaths were the wake-up call I needed to finally start taking my job seriously! Please, find it in your hearts to forgive me for everything I did.”

Ryan’s former party members looked at each other before smiling, “We forgive you, Sword Hero. You meant well even if you let your negative emotions blind you. We know you are partly responsible for freeing us from Infinator’s clutches, and for that we thank you, as we can now move on peacefully. Continue to protect this world, noble Sword Hero, so that the people here can live full, happy lives.”

Ryan nodded, tears in his eyes, stating, “You can count on it.”

“Farewell, noble Sword Hero.”

The souls of his party members turned back into wisps before shooting into the sky, now able to move on. Ryan was overcome with emotion, sobbing his eyes out.

“They actually forgave me for me leading them to their deaths,” he wept. “Even after all the stupid stunts I pulled they still forgave me. I truly didn’t deserve them as party members, but I’m eternally grateful they forgave me for my failures.”

Gram pat Ryan on the back, “It’s okay, Ryan. You made a costly mistake but you did your best to atone for it. It’s no surprise they were willing to forgive you, as you made sure that their deaths would not be in vain. And thanks to that you became worthy of your title as Hero. It was a brutal wake-up call but it was needed in order to pave the way to a better future for everyone.”

“Thank you, Gram.”

Celtic suddenly collapsed, nearly falling off Heatblast, much to everyone’s alarm. Zuzu quickly darted over and caught him before he could tumble off the Weyr’s back and gently positioned him in a resting pose on the saddle.

“Celtic!” Skye cried out. “Is he okay, Zuzu?”

Zuzu took a moment to look Celtic over before saying, “I believe so. He seems to be in a deep sleep. I guess using both his Assault Mode form and then Libera Dragon/Pandora Cannon drained him completely of all his strength and energy. Considering the latter combo cost him all his MP and all but 1 HP it’s no surprise. It may be a few days before he’s back on his feet, as I can tell he’s totally exhausted.”

King Duskbane gave a sad smile, “Yes, that’s the price one pays for such power. But Avalar proved his ability and helped end the threat that is Infinator once and for all. He deserves a rest. Come, let’s return to Delgunner to report to King Alvin that Infinator is finally gone for good. And so Avalar, and all of us, can rest. You all fought bravely today and finally ended the long and terrible nightmare that was Infinator. You should be proud of yourselves, as you took on the biggest threat to Zakota and won. Now, all worlds are safe from that vile Galvaton Demon’s machinations, freeing them from his evil forevermore. Come. Let’s get back to Delgunner. I will take us there. Shadow Warp!”

Everyone and the Sky Rays vanished in black portals, returning to Delgunner to report their success. Finally, after countless centuries, the war with Infinator was finally over.

Next Chapter: Crossroads

That's it. The battle has come to a close. What does the future hold? Tune in next time to find out.

Time for the penultimate chapter of Chaos Rising.

Crossroads

It had been a few days since Infinator’s death. The world of Zakota was in joyous celebration knowing that their most hated enemy and his faction were gone for good. The world knew that it was the Heroes, led by the Shroud Hero, that brought them their salvation and liberated Zakota from Infinator’s evil presence once and for all.

In the castle in Delgunner the Shroud Hero party was waiting for Celtic to awaken from his long slumber. Heatblast was also in the room, awaiting his master to finally awaken. The party waited patiently for their leader to finally open his eyes. It wasn’t long before they got their wish.

Celtic slowly began to stir from his deep sleep, much to everyone’s excitement. He wearily opened his eyes, slowly coming to his senses.

“Cel!” Skye cried happily. “You’re finally awake! We were so worried about you when you just collapsed after the battle with Infinator. How do you feel, loverboy?”

Celtic replied in a weary tone, “I’m okay, I guess. Still feel a bit tired but I’m pretty much okay now. And I’m surprised to see Heatblast in the room with us, considering that King Alvin has been concerned about him causing trouble.”

Leon chuckled, “Heatblast refused to go into his stable as he was too worried about you. Even Skye couldn’t convince him otherwise, so King Alvin granted him special permission to stay in our guest room until you woke up. But we’re all glad you have finally come to. You had us worried, Cel.”

Celtic sat up, chuckling, “I see. Sorry to worry all of you. I guess I just overexerted myself in that battle.”

“No surprise, considering you used both your Assault Mode form and Libera Dragon/Pandora Cannon to finish Infinator off,” Zuzu stated. “Anyone would be completely wiped out if they had to use up as much power as you did. But we’re glad you’re okay.”

Viola then said, “Well, sort of. The Druid medics checked you out after you overexerted yourself and said that, because of the combination of power strain, severe exhaustion, and lacking one of your original seven hearts, you did lose a few years off your lifespan again. About 3 or 4, give or take a few months.”

Celtic replied, “I’ll consider that a fair trade in exchange for finally destroying Infinator for good. And, besides, Tundra Snakeheads, Topaz Tunas, and other such lifespan-boosting foods exist, so I can just eat a few of those and it’ll be like it never happened.”

“Fair point, pal,” Rupert nodded.

Skye gently embraced Celtic, cooing, “We’re so happy to see you finally awake. King Alvin said he has a big surprise for us that he’ll only unveil when you’re back on your feet. I know you just woke up but you should probably let King Alvin, and the rest of our allies, know you’re okay.”

Suddenly a knock was heard at the door. Leon walked over and opened it up, revealing King Alvin.

“Speak of the devil,” Tyroe chuckled.

King Alvin smiled, “Prince Avalar, so good to see you awake again. You had us worried. A Shadow Sentinel informed me you had finally awoken so I came to check up on you. I’m certain you’re aware of what has happened since the final battle? The world is in joyous celebration because of the victory you guided us to. And I’ve got a special treat for you and your allies. Now that you’re awake I can finally present it to all of you. I know you just got up but do you think you have it in you to head on down to the center of the city?”

Celtic replied, “I think I have enough oomph left in me to do that, Your Majesty. Just give me a few minutes to get back into my normal gear and we’ll be down there shortly.”

“Excellent, Prince Avalar! I will see you there. Don’t keep us waiting. The other Heroes and Gram’s group will be notified and will also gather there. I’ll see you shortly.”

He then left the room, gently closing the door behind him.

“Well, no time like the present,” Skye stated. “Let’s go and see what King Alvin has in store for us.”

Nodding, everyone gathered up their stuff and made their way to the center of the city. Along the way dozens of grateful people were singing their praises, cheering as their saviors traveled to the center of the city. They soon arrived at the center of the city. The fountain that Celtic and his party liked to hang out at was concealed by a large curtain, hiding it from view, much to everyone’s confusion. King Duskbane and Queen Rease were also present, their faces lighting up as they saw Celtic.

“Avalar!” both said happily, embracing their nephew.

“You had us worried,” Queen Rease said. “Just blacking out after the final battle like that. Though I can hardly blame you, as you worked yourself to complete and total exhaustion by using both your Assault Mode form and that devastating combo that King Duskbane taught you. But thanks to you and everyone we are now free from Infinator forever.”

“More than that,” King Duskbane said. “We’ve also been liberated from the Four Stars Church and the Nightmare Seven because of you, finally riding Zakota of several evil and dangerous factions. Now our people can be at peace knowing that several of our most hated enemies are gone for good.”

Just then the other Heroes and Gram’s group arrived on the scene, eyeing the curtain that was hiding the fountain with curiosity.

“Good to see you back on your feet, Celtic,” Ryan said.

“I’m still a bit tuckered out but I’ll survive,” Celtic replied.

Lucas looked at the curtain hiding the fountain, asking, “Isn’t this the place where you and your party likes to hang out during your downtime? I wonder why it’s being concealed?”

“Guess we’ll find out soon enough,” Jerry said simply.

A few minutes later King Alvin and his family arrived on the scene. He stood in front of the concealed fountain, cleared his throat, and took a deep breath.

“My people, we are gathered here today to unveil a surprise for the brave Heroes who fought long and hard against Infinator’s forces. A token of our appreciation for all their hard work in stopping not just Infinator, but other factions like the Four Stars Church and the Nightmare Seven. It is time to unveil our gift of appreciation to the valiant souls who brought us salvation from our most hated enemies. Please remove the curtain.”

A few knights pulled the curtain off, revealing that the original fountain had been completely remodeled. It now was much larger, with Ryan, Lucas, Eric, Jerry, and Gram standing on the corners of the fountain, and in the center was Celtic and his party alongside Heatblast. Everyone cheered as they saw this new fountain, while the Heroes and their allies were dumbstruck.

“You made this… for us?” Eric asked.

King Alvin nodded, “Indeed we did, Axe Hero. It’s but a small token of our appreciation for the work you put into stopping our greatest enemies. Now the people of Zakota can live in peace knowing that foes like the Four Stars Church, the Nightmare Seven, and especially Infinator have been eliminated forever.”

King Duskbane turned to Celtic, stating, “Shadoria and Wichwoode have also erected the exact same fountain designs for our kingdoms in your honor. You all worked so hard to bring about a new era for the people of Zakota and we’re forever grateful.”

King Alvin turned to Gram, stating, “Before I forget, King Saix is also putting a statue of you in his kingdom, Sir Gram, as you were a crucial player in our wargame. He considers you the Flugel Kingdom’s greatest knight, surpassing your grandfather, so he’s having one built in your honor.”

“I’m honored,” Gram smiled.

“Congratulations, Sir Gram!” his harem cheered happily.

Zuzu looked over her statue with curious eyes before saying, “Are my boobs that big? I know I’m a 22 G-cup like Viola but I didn’t think much of it. And am I really that attractive? I guess now I understand why all those men liked to hit on me.”

Skye looked surprised, “You mean you never knew just how beautiful you were, Zuzu?”

She shook her head, “No, I never saw myself as attractive. I prioritized my survival above all else, so I never paid attention to my appearance and rarely did anything for it outside of bathing. And since I never bother with my reflections I never really considered myself beautiful. I admit I’m a bit surprised that I never noticed I was so good-looking. Even after nearly 400 years I still learn new things.”

Ryan looked the statues over, saying, “We’re honored that you’d give us such a nice gift, Your Majesty. It makes us feel more unworthy after all the boneheaded stunts we pulled.”

King Alvin replied, “You and the other Heroes, sans the Shroud Hero, did do some pretty stupid things. But the fact is you atoned for your sins and turned yourselves around, becoming true Heroes for Zakota. It took a lot for you four to see sense, culminating in a continent-wide disaster, but you made amends and became real Heroes worthy of your titles. You deserve this small token of appreciation for the work you put in once you four finally woke up from your ridiculous RPG-mentality.”

The other four Heroes bowed, saying, “Thank you, Your Majesty.”

Celtic looked upon the new fountain with wide eyes. He could hear and feel the praises of the people, joyous and happy. He lowered his head, his bangs covering his eyes, before taking a deep breath.

“…I’ve… I’ve decided…” he said.

Everyone turned to him, surprised.

Skye asked, “You’ve finally decided on what path you’re going to take, Cel?”

“Yes. …I’m staying. I’ll stay and become Shadoria’s next king. I may have endured many hardships here on Zakota, even bringing out the worst in me, but I’ve also gained so much more than I’ve ever had back on Earth. I’ll stay on this world and start a new life… as Shadoria’s next king. This wasn’t an easy decision for me, as I’ve spent days beating myself up about it, but I now know that this is where I belong. So, I’m staying, as I can’t abandon everything I’ve gained by becoming the Shroud Hero. I’m starting my life over and will remain on this world until my dying day.”

King Duskbane quickly embraced Celtic, saying happily, “Oh, Avalar, you have no idea how happy that makes me! I know your parents’ souls are singing in the afterlife knowing you’re going to take your rightful place! I’m so happy that you’ve finally come to a decision on what future you want. You and Lady Skye will make fine rulers of Shadoria, I just know it.”

Queen Rease nodded, “I, too, feel great relief knowing you’re going to stay, Avalar. I look forward to seeing you be crowned Shadoria’s new king. It makes me so happy. After your parents’ deaths and your disappearance to Earth I lost a part of myself. Especially since I felt I failed Gardenia. But now that you’re back and going to stay I can rest easy knowing that her sacrifice was not in vain. Thank you for deciding to stay. It was obviously not an easy decision to make but I’m glad you made the right choice.”

The other four Heroes exchanged nods before saying, “And we’re gonna stay to.”

Rupert turned to them, “You are?”

Ryan nodded, “Yes. We died in our previous lives before Zakota summoned us, resurrecting us in the process. We owe a debt to this world for saving our souls and giving us another chance, especially after all our past failures. And it’s probably been months since our deaths on Earth so it might be a better idea to stay here and start new lives, especially since our families have probably already had our funerals on Earth. It would be rather awkward for us to just suddenly reappear, alive and well, after our deaths. So it would be best for us to stay and begin new lives as residents of Zakota.”

The other Heroes nodded in agreement, giving warm smiles.

Queen Rease replied, “In that case, I may have a position for you, Ryan. As you know, we Druids aren’t exactly fighters, so we rely on others to fight for us. I want to offer you a position as a royal guard for Wichwoode. Does that sound good to you?”

Ryan nodded, “It sure does. Count me in.”

King Alvin turned to Lucas, “Lucas, I, too, have an offer for you. Even though you caused the most problems here, I want to offer you a job as the Vice-Captain of the royal guard. My current Vice-Captain is going to retire and I need to fill his vacant position. Care to take up the job?”

Lucas nodded, “Yes, I accept. It would be better for me to do so, anyway, so I can make amends for all the problems I’ve caused, especially when I was Wench’s puppet.”

Gram turned to Jerry, stating, “Jerry, why don’t you come to Flugel Kingdom with me? King Saix has been looking for more archers for the royal army, as Flugel is incredibly shorthanded on them. And since you’re great with stealth missions it would be a golden opportunity to use your talents for the greater good.”

Jerry smiled, “Sounds like a plan to me. It’ll also allow me to make amends for my twisted sense of justice that I had developed while working with my former party. So count me in.”

Eric looked concerned, “What about me?”

King Duskbane replied, “I heard that King O’Connell needs some extra security forces in his army to protect the various merchants that come and go from the capital. After all, bandits and monsters like to ambush the merchants, so he could really use some extra help. Does that tickle your fancy, Eric?”

Eric smiled, “Sounds good to me. Tell him I accept.”

Celtic turned to his party, “And what about all of you? Now that our journey as the Shroud Hero party is over I wonder what you all are going to do?”

Rupert replied, “I’ll be heading back to Fieldclaw and help my family with their business. Besides, I’ve missed them quite dearly, so it’ll allow me to reconnect with my family after getting separated from them because of that filthy, racist noble who attacked my previous village.”

Leon said, “I will be staying here in Delgunner’s capital. I was given an offer by the head of the Church of the Five Stars to become one of his top Templar Knights, along with asking me to teach the art of archery to his men. He also wants my strong holy properties to further guide the Church of the Five Stars to new heights. And, of course, Viola and I will be getting married.”

Viola smiled, “I will also be staying here in Delgunner. I was requested by the hospital to lend my talents to them, offering me a job as one of the head healers. They said my talent with healing and medicine can rival that of the Druids and could really use my help. And, just like Leon said, he and I will be getting married eventually.”

Tyroe said, “I’ll also be staying here in Delgunner. Danial offered me a job as his apprentice and successor since it turns out I’m pretty talented with blacksmithing and metal forging. I’ll be working alongside him as his new apprentice.”

Zuzu brushed some hair out of her face, saying, “And I’ll be taking up Granny’s request to become the next official practitioner of the Kaguro Iszu style martial art. I’ll be staying here to teach it to anyone who wants to learn it, as she considers my talent with the martial art a rare find. And since I’ve got at least another 300 years on my lifespan it’ll give me plenty of time to find my own successor, since, according to Granny, those with natural talent for Kaguro Iszu only crop up once every 50 or so years.”

Skye smiled, “And, of course, I’ll be staying with you, Celtic. I’ll become your bride and your queen. And, eventually, the mother of your children. Count on it, loverboy, as wherever you go, I go.”

Celtic smiled, a single tear leaking out his eye, saying, “Then I guess that’s that. We all have decided on our futures, so now with Infinator gone we can start living our lives to the fullest. Our roles as Heroes may be over, but that’s just the end of one chapter, as the next one has yet to be written. Let’s continue making this world a better place for everyone. So that the lives of those who live here, and those who are still to come, can prosper and flourish.”

Everyone nodded in agreement, clearly happy at their decisions for their futures. They knew they had more work ahead of them but they were looking forward to it.

Next Chapter: Blue Skies

That's it. Just one more chapter and the series comes to a close. Tune in next time to see the Heroes' journey come to an end.

This is it. The final chapter of Chaos Rising. The journey has come to an end. (Warning: contains nudity, sex)

Blue Skies

It had been several months since the destruction of Infinator. Zakota was still enjoying the peace that now enveloped the planet thanks to the efforts of the Heroes. In Shadoria it was a particularly joyous day, as two souls were about to be forever united.

King Duskbane was standing by a portal that was being projected by the Spirit Eye. Soon several people emerged from it, dressed in their best clothes, followed by two ShadoKnights. The portal closed up after everyone was present. They were revealed to be the Pulsar family.

Rayler gave his head a shake, “Woo… that tingled. Hard to believe we just traveled across dimensions.”

King Duskbane said, “Welcome to Shadoria Kingdom, Pulsar family and company. I am King Duskbane Darkstar.”

Valerie gave a polite bow, “It’s an honor to meet you in person, Your Majesty.”

“Likewise, Lady Valerie. However…” he glared at some of the Pulsar members, who all flinched at his intense look. “You who call yourselves ‘aunts’ and ‘uncles’ should be very appreciative that you were permitted to come here today, especially after everything you’ve done.”

One of Celtic’s uncles replied nervously, “Y-Yes, we are. That’s one reason why we’re here, to make amends with Celtic. W-We’re very grateful that he’d be willing to extend such an invitation to us even after years of our unjustified, petty abuse. But… how do you know about that?”

King Duskbane huffed, “I’ve seen his memories. It paints a very ugly picture. My fellow Shadokor and I have half a mind to make you suffer for your excessively petty treatment of him. However, he has decided to use this event as a means of extending an olive branch to you. Mind, he still doesn’t trust you in the slightest, but he’s willing to show actual maturity compared with you so-called ‘aunts’ and ‘uncles’ by allowing you to attend this event. Do know, however, that if you cause even the slightest of commotions you WILL regret it. Got it?”

The various aunts and uncles nodded timidly, “Got it!”

One of Celtic’s cousins huffed, “Well, you should’ve been more respectful toward Celtic from the get-go instead of making his life a living hell. I mean, really, adopted children are no less family than blood children, and yet you lot made Celtic miserable because you couldn’t see past that. And now look where he is in life. He’s certainly tenacious if he was able to survive not just you but everything else thrown at him here on this magical world.”

King Duskbane replied, “Well, he is half Shadokor, a race of demon, and demons are the most tenacious species of all. It’s not easy to keep us down. But time for that later, as the ceremony will be starting soon. Sir Rayler, Lady Valerie, I take it Leena and Reena are not present?”

Rayler replied, “They’re aware of this but they’ve been barred from coming anywhere near us today. Especially since they’re currently doing time, so to speak, for some of their past actions.”

“Excellent, exactly what I wanted to hear. Now, enough talk, let’s get going. But be warned, as my Shadow Sentinels and I are keeping our eyes on you, so DON’T pull anything.”

The Pulsar family nodded and followed King Duskbane through the castle until they reached a large room. Inside it was decorated for a grand wedding, with not a single trait spared. Already seated were various familiar faces such as the other Heroes, Gram and his harem, the disgraced Lightwave family, various nobles and royals, and even Heatblast. Standing near the front was the Shroud Hero party, with Leon looking like the best man and, surprisingly, Zuzu wearing a nice dress, although it was obvious she wasn’t too keen on it. The Pulsar family members all took their seats and awaited for the ceremony to begin. It wasn’t long before everything was ready. A woman sat down in front of a rather spooky-looking organ and began playing, while other musicians began playing their instruments. It was time.

The doors to the room were opened, revealing Celtic and Skye, both dressed in exquisite clothes befitting of a grand wedding. It wasn’t very noticeable, given his tuxedo sleeve, but Celtic’s robotic arm was now completely different. Instead of the sleek, silver futuristic design what could be seen of it was now more sinister, rust-colored segmented plates with sharper edges, what looked like a scanner shaped like a demon’s eye built into both the back and palm of his hand, and segmented fingers ending in somewhat sharp yet still blunt tips. It definitely had a more demonic vibe to it. The two slowly walked down the aisle toward the front, where King Duskbane was waiting for them. They took their positions, signaling the start of the wedding.

King Duskbane cleared his throat before stating, “Today is a joyous day for the Kingdom of Shadoria. Today, we unite Prince Avalar Darkstar, son of the previous rulers of Shadoria: King Noir and Queen Gardenia, with Lady Skye Lightwave of the Light Elves. Let us begin the ceremony.”

The wedding ceremony began. Everyone watched as Celtic and Skye exchanged their vows before all their friends, family, and allies. Rayler and Valerie looked like they were about to burst into tears as they saw the two place their wedding rings on their respective owners’ ring fingers, happy, proud, and sad.

King Duskbane then said, “If there are no objections, then I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.”

Celtic gently lifted Skye’s veil away so the two of them could perform the final seal of their newfound marriage: a kiss. As they did the crowd erupted into cheers. After the newlywed couple broke the kiss they faced King Duskbane and got down on one knee, Skye removing the veil from her head completely. Queen Wuya walked up, exchanged a nod with her husband, promoting both of them to take off their crowns and place them onto their new respective owners.

“Let us rejoice at Shadoria’s new King and Queen: King Avalar and Queen Skye!”

Everyone cheered happily, with Rayler and Valerie in particular looking like the dam holding back their emotions was about to burst. Celtic and Skye exchanged loving smiles before walking down the aisle, hand-in-hand, ready to begin their new lives together. Soon everyone had gathered in the banquet hall, ready for the feast. It was clear that Shadoria had gone all-out for this event, as the various tables of food looked like the highest quality victuals available. Celtic and Skye were seated at the royal table while their guests walked up and congratulated them, expressing praise and joy at their newfound status of both husband and wife and king and queen. Rayler and Valerie walked up to Celtic and Skye, tears in their eyes.

“Celtic, well done, my son,” Rayler said, trying his best not to cry. “I always knew you were destined for greatness but even I didn’t think you’d achieve a level of greatness like this. You make me so proud, son.”

Celtic nodded, trying to hold back his own tears, “Thank you, dad. I’m sorry that I wasn’t always the best child, but the fact you were able to raise me, a Chaos breed, with an emphasis on the ‘chaos’ part, is a testament of how much you loved me. Even when you found me among garbage.”

Valerie replied, “You were a gift to us from the cosmos, Celtic. We knew what we had to do when we found you. And you blessed us with your presence. And now, you’re a king and a hero. We’ve never been more proud of you than we are today. And thank you, Skye, for being our son’s loyal right-hand and most trusted companion. He really needed you and I’m glad you are now as one.”

Skye smiled warmly, “It was my pleasure. He and I are very much alike. We got along as well as peas and carrots, so it was only natural. And after he made such a noble sacrifice on my behalf how could I not stand by his side forever? If it wasn’t for him transplanting one of his own hearts into me I wouldn’t be here today. But now, with the war against Infinator finally over, we can start living our lives to the fullest. And we’ll let you know when you become grandparents.”

“I bet they’ll be beautiful babies,” Rayler replied.

Celtic chuckled, “Considering they’d be coming from Skye, they’ll most assuredly be good-looking.”

Skye smirked, “You’re quite the handsome hunk yourself you know, Cel.”

“I’m not hand—” before giving a heavy sigh. “Why do I bother? She never listens.”

“Oh, I listen, Cel, I’m just stating facts,” the Light Elf teased. “Besides, at this point it’s probably a habit for you to always retort that whenever I call you ‘handsome’. Which you are. So stop fighting it and just accept it: you’re quite the hunk.”

Celtic merely rolled his eyes, making Rayler and Valerie laugh.

“Either way, we’re so happy for you both,” Rayler said with a smile.

“Thank you,” Celtic replied. “And one last thing. Mom, meet me after the banquet before going back home, as I have the means of curing your chronic condition, but I don’t want to do it here during the celebrations. So, for now, enjoy the food and rubbing elbows with royalty, something you wouldn’t be able to do normally. And if you need someone to tell you what types of food there are, just ask any of other guests, since we have some pretty exotic dishes here. Now go and enjoy the celebration.”

Rayler and Valerie nodded before rejoining the rest of the guests to enjoy the banquet, including a giant wedding cake. The feast continued for hours, with everyone enjoying themselves. Before long darkness was starting to creep over the land, meaning it was time for the ceremony to end. Celtic discreetly pulled his mother away from the other guests as the leftover food was being carted out of the banquet hall. He transformed the Shroud into the Enhance Potion Shroud, much to Valerie’s surprise, and gently poured a very fancy tonic down her throat. The combination of the powerful tonic and the Enhance Potion Shroud caused Valerie to glow, curing her of her chronic condition that had been plaguing her for years, making her smile and hugging her son. Before long the Pulsar family was escorted back to the room with the Spirit Eye and entered the newly opened gateway back to Earth. They all said their farewells to Celtic before making the return trip back to Earth. After the gateway had closed Celtic and Skye made their way to their bedchambers.

Celtic looked the room over, “Hard to believe that this was my birth parent’s room once. I’m grateful that Uncle Duskbane kept this room in good condition in honor of my parents’ deaths. Now, it’s ours, the new King and Queen of Shadoria.”

Skye gained a seductive look on her face, saying, “You know what comes next, right, loverboy? I guess calling you ‘loverboy’ is no longer appropriate, as we’re married now. I think I should start calling you ‘hubby’ now. But, anyway, it’s time, Cel, for us to cap off this wonderful day with the most sacred of rituals between lovers.”

Celtic watched as Skye stripped until she was totally naked. He took a deep breath and began to disrobe himself, knowing that it was time to fully express his love for her. Before long both were completely nude with the exception of the Legendary Shroud. Skye purred as she saw her new husband’s body.

“Impressive, Cel,” she giggled. “You really are quite gifted. But enough talk… it’s time.”

Celtic, although a bit embarrassed, nodded. Both climbed into bed, placing their new crowns onto their respective bedside tables, took a deep breath, and then pounced on each other. Their love and passion burned bright as the two engaged in the most sacred of rituals between lovers under the bright moonlight.

Nearly a year has passed since Celtic and Skye became the new rulers of Shadoria. The two of them were in their thrones. Celtic was going over a report brought to him by one of his ShadoKnights. He was dressed in very appropriate garb for a royal, still donning the Legendary Shroud. In this attire his new robotic arm was much more visible, showing it’s more demonic design. Skye was in a rather unique custom-made royal gown with a slit skirt that allowed her to show off her strong, shapely legs. She had a large bulge in her middle, indicating she was very deep into pregnancy. Duskbane and Wuya were standing by, awaiting any instructions, while Heatblast rested off to the side.

Celtic took one last moment to go over the report before saying, “Yes, everything seems to be in order. However, we need to quickly reroute that planetary energy vein underneath Mt. Zuku. We can’t have it bursting underneath a volcano, as it would be a disaster. Gather some Earth magic-wielders and head for that location at once to force it further down. Tyroe should be a good starting point and work from there.”

The ShadoKnight bowed, “Yes, Your Majesty, at once.”

He took the report and left the room. Celtic leaned back in his throne, giving a gentle sigh.

“You’ve been doing a very good job, Avalar,” Duskbane said with a smile. “You’ve proven to be your father’s son, that’s for sure.”

Wuya nodded, “Indeed. You’re taking the same firm-but-fair approach he did when he was the ruler. That approach has done wonders for our people. It’s no surprise you’ve become such a beloved ruler in record time. You should be proud of yourself, Avalar.”

Celtic nodded, “Thank you for saying that. I admit I’m still a bit nervous about being a ruler to the second most powerful kingdom in the world. But I guess I’m doing okay, at the least.”

Skye smiled, “You’ve been doing a fantastic job, Celtic. You may have had no royal work history before but you’ve proven to be a competent and just ruler. It makes me so proud to be standing by your side as both your wife and queen.”

Duskbane asked, “By the way, Skye, you should be due soon, right?”

Skye gently rubbed her pregnant belly, smiling, “In a few weeks if everything goes accordingly. I can’t wait for the birth of our child.”

“How have you been managing with your pregnancy, Skye?” Wuya asked.

“Been doing pretty good, though the cravings I get do annoy me a bit. I’m getting kinda tired of having cravings for Cinnamon Acorn and Fish Head sandwiches, so hopefully once our little prince or princess is born I’ll stop having those bizarre cravings.”

Celtic chuckled, “It could be worse. But you’ve been handling them like a trooper, Skye. But that’s to-be-expected of you, as you’ve always been such a strong woman. There is very little you can’t do.”

Skye blushed, saying, “You’ve always been so good to me, Cel, even when I was your slave. You’ve always treated me with such respect and kindness. It’s no wonder I’m completely loyal to you ever since the day we met. I’m looking forward to the next 500 or so years with you.”

“If you can put up with me that long, Skye,” the redhead teased.

“Challenge accepted,” she teased right back.

Duskbane smiled, “Seeing the two of you together really warms my eight hearts. You were destined to be with each other. I’m glad the fates brought you together. It may have not been the most ideal situation on how you met but it was necessary in order to unite you two forever.”

Celtic gained a depressed look, “I still regret my actions that day. While it granted me the lifelong ally Skye I still committed a terrible sin that day. Whether I was in my right mind or not makes no difference, as I did the deed on my own free will. While I can’t complain about the results I’m still kicking myself for going against everything I believe in and buying a slave.”

Skye gave him a tender look, “Cel, it’s okay. I understand how you feel. We all do. It wasn’t a benevolent decision yet it resulted in something that ultimately saved everyone. Because of that unscrumptious act you ended up saving this world from Infinator and other evil forces. And at least it wasn’t any worse than what Wench used to do in the name of fun.”

“Are you sure, Skye? As it was a very underhanded method I used.”

“The ends justify the means in this case, Cel, especially since it snowballed into the current era of peace we are now enjoying. I know you’re still mad at yourself for doing the act but you need to realize that it was for the best. If you hadn’t bought me, even if it was for rather dark reasons, you would’ve never thrived and ultimately saved Zakota from Infinator, the Four Stars Church, and the Nightmare Seven. We live in our current era of peace and tranquility because you made that decision to buy me as your slave. It’s a tough pill to swallow, I know, but I believe everything happens for a reason. You made the right choice that day that ultimately saved everyone. So, please, don’t dwell on it, Cel, as it resulted in Zakota’s current freedom from evil.”

“I’ll try, but I’m still ashamed of it. But I guess what’s in the past is done. I can’t change it so it’s best to move on. Thanks, Skye, I appreciate the fact you harbor no hard feelings for that day.”

She smiled, “Kinda hard to have any hard feelings when you ultimately saved me from rotting in a cage. And ultimately saved Zakota, too. It wasn’t the most ideal situation but it worked out in the end for all of us.”

Wuya nodded, “She’s right, Avalar. It wasn’t the most ideal situation on how you two met but it resulted in Zakota’s newfound peace and Shadoria’s newfound prosperity. At least you treated Skye right even when she was your slave, so that should at least mitigate some of your guilt. By the way, how’s the new arm working for you?”

Celtic looked it over, saying, “I’m not super-fond of the whole edge-lord style it now has, since it was made with demon technology. But, at the same time, it’ll last much longer. My original arm was designed to last for the average human lifespan with routine maintenance. But since I’ll live for 500 or so more years it would’ve crumbled away long before I would do the same. So while I’m not fond of how it looks I won’t deny that it’ll last much longer than my old arm. Plus, it now has a permanent power source, so I no longer need power cells, which I would’ve long since run out of by the time I’m old and grey. I did the same to my Tek-Pak, too, rebuilding it with demon technology. But, enough of that, it should be time for lunch soon, as I’m sure Skye is going to be having cravings again.”

They all chuckled lightly before they, along with Heatblast, were escorted into the royal dining hall for lunch.

A few weeks later, during the dead of night, Celtic was waiting impatiently outside of a certain room in the castle. Duskbane was also with him as both of them stood outside the room.

“So, the day is upon us, huh, Avalar,” Duskbane said with a tired smile. “The birth of the newest member of the Darkstar family is happening now.”

Celtic replied irritably, “Yeah, and I feel so powerless right now. I want to be in there with Skye so I can support her, but because of both Zakota and Shadokor traditions men are forbidden to enter the birthing chamber. I know that Aunt Wuya is in there so that gives me some reassurance but considering that Earth allows men in during when a woman is in labor frustrates me that I can’t do the same here for Skye.”

Duskbane replied, “I know how you feel. I felt the same way when Wuya gave birth to both of our children. But it’s traditional, and both Zakota and the Shadokor follow it to the letter. I know you’re frustrated about having to wait outside, being unable to support Skye during this time, but it’s just how things are here. Even a ruler like yourself can change that.”

Celtic sulked, “I know, I know, but I hate feeling this powerless while Skye is enduring quite the haul. She’s always been there for me, even in my darkest and hardest times, and yet now I can’t return the favor. It’s amazing what love will do to one’s mind.”

Duskbane chuckled, “Indeed. Even your fires of Wrath, which burned with such force that even Hell would feel cool in comparison, have been cooled down considerably since you and Skye were wed. But it’s also resulted in your normally short temper cooling down as well. Which only makes you a better ruler in turn. But it shouldn’t be long now. Skye’s been in labor for a few hours now so it’s probably not long now before we know if you have a young prince or princess. I know the people of Shadoria will welcome the new addition to the Darkstar royal family. So just hang tight and let Wuya support Skye in your stead.”

Celtic could only nod as he and Duskbane awaited for the results. Another few hours passed before the door unlocked, getting their attention. A nurse walked out to turn to them.

She smiled, “Congratulations, Your Majesty. Queen Skye has given birth to a healthy prince and princess.”

Celtic’s eyes widened, “Skye had twins?! That was… unexpected. Who was born first?”

“The young prince. Queen Skye has already named him, but she requests that you name the young princess. You are allowed to enter now, although Queen Skye is pretty tired.”

“I can imagine, given the fact she had twins.”

Celtic and Duskbane entered the room. There they saw a visibly exhausted yet pleased Skye cradling a tiny baby boy while Wuya was holding a tiny baby girl. Skye’s Spiria were also with them, looking at the newborn babies with interest, wagging their tails cheerfully at the new additions to the family. Their presence caused Celtic’s own Spiria to emerge from him and join them in observing the newborn prince and princess. They all looked quite pleased to see both the babies and Skye looking alright.

“Skye, are you okay?” Celtic asked tenderly.

“I will be, Cel, don’t worry,” she replied with a tired smile. “But before we go into that, say hello to Prince Asmodeus Darkstar, our first born son. And I want you to name our daughter. I know you wanted me to name our kids but you should at least have a say in one of them. I know you can come up with a good name for her, Cel.”

Celtic gulped, “I’ll try…” He took a long moment to think up of a name before saying, “Well… since she’s quarter demon, and since you named our son after a biblical demon, how about Lilim?”

Skye smiled, “It’s perfect. Princess Lilim Darkstar has a nice ring to it. I knew you could come up with something good. So it’s decided: Prince Asmodeus and Princess Lilim. Why don’t you hold your new daughter, hubby?”

Celtic gingerly took the newborn Lilim from Wuya and gently cradled her in his arms. Both she and Asmodeus had elf ears that were noticeably shorter than Skye’s, reaching only about half of the length compared to their mother’s foot-long ears, along with having a slight curve to them. Celtic felt a strong feeling of protectiveness grow inside of him as he gently held his newborn daughter.

“They’re perfect,” he said softly. “But I’d expect nothing less from Skye.”

Skye gave him a playful smile, “Hey, they’re half you, too, you know. But they are perfect. We’ll raise them to become wonderful children, although they might be a bit impish due to being Chaos breeds, albeit a bit uneven in that regard.”

Celtic chuckled, “I can certainly vouch for that, as I was bit of a handful when I was growing up. But, either way, they’ll make for a fine prince and princess to this kingdom. I know it.”

Skye nodded wearily, “Yeah, me too. After all, they’ve got us as parents, so they’ll turn out great.”

Wuya smiled, “You two should be so proud of yourselves. We will let the people know of the birth of Prince Asmodeus and Princess Lilim in the morning after you’ve rested. But today will be a joyous day for Shadoria at the birth of two new royal family members. But, for now, you two should rest. The nursery staff will take over from here for a bit, although we’re going to have to make some extra changes, as we weren’t expecting the birth of twins. But that shouldn’t take too long. For now, both of you should rest, especially you, Skye.”

Celtic and Skye nodded, gently handing over their newborn children to Duskbane and Wuya before Celtic helped escort Skye back to their bedchambers to rest. They knew that when morning came the people of Shadoria would be quite surprised.

Morning broke soon afterward. Celtic and Skye were cradling their newborn children, ready to present them to the capital city. They took a deep breath before walking out onto one of the balconies that overlooked the city. They could see countless people awaiting them, eager to see the newborn children. When Celtic and Skye got into position Duskbane cleared his throat.

“People of Shadoria!” he stated. “I present to you the birth of the royal prince and princess: Prince Asmodeus and Princess Lilim! Let us rejoice and welcome the new additions to the Darkstar royal family!”

The people cheered triumphantly, clearly happy at the birth of the new prince and princess. Celtic and Skye continued to cradle their newborn children, gently waving to the public as the people were singing their praises.

“It’s hard to believe everything that has happened actually happened. I was thrust into a war I had no business in by becoming the Shroud Hero, only to learn so much about myself and became the hero that everyone needed. I now have a loving wife, loyal and trustworthy friends, and am now the ruler of the second most powerful country in the world. It all feels like a dream. But I know one thing: the story of the Shroud Hero may be over, but that just means the next story has only just begun. It was chaotic, to put it simply, but for the first time I have finally found myself at peace. All because of a magical shroud that turned my life upside-down. And yet, at the end of it all, I’m glad it happened, as it gave me so much more than I ever had before. I will continue to watch over Zakota so that future generations, like my own children, can have a bright future.”

The End

And that's it. It's all over. My first fully completed series. I hope you all enjoyed the ride.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom