• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

MATURE: Chaos Rising (Season 1: Heroes Rising) Final Chapter up

Okay, it's showtime! The Heroes VS the Church of the Four Stars! Who will prevail? And looks like a new character has entered the chat. What will she bring to the table? And we finally get the introduction of King Duskbane, King of the Shadokor himself. (Note: Nudity warning, just FYI)

United Front

In a large area not far from where the five Legendary Heroes and the High Priest were fighting was a massive camp full of soldiers. Inside the largest tent was a noble-looking male getting suited up for battle. He had dark purple hair that was neatly groomed, piercing red eyes with slit pupils, lightning bolt-shaped facial markings that were near identical to Celtic’s, only orange in color, a mouth full of fangs, sharp facial features, and a well-built body. Behind him were three Shadow Sentinels in a kneeling position, watching his men equip the noble man in powerful armor.

“The time has finally come…” he said solemnly. “Ebenezer has completed the fusion of the Legendary Gear replicas, sans the Shroud, and has started his attack on the other Heroes. We must mobilize immediately. I thank you for alerting me of the Shroud Hero’s true identity, my loyal Shadow Sentinels, for now I have even greater motivation to finally put an end to that treasonous Four Stars Church.”

“We were glad to, Your Majesty… King Duskbane,” the Shadow Sentinels said in unison.

After a few more moments, King Duskbane was fully equipped in his regal armor. He walked outside to greet his Shadokor soldiers.

“My fellow Shadokor!” he stated strongly. “The Church of the Four Stars has committed the ultimate sin! Today we will finally rid this world of them and bring them to justice for their crimes! They have gone too far, so we must fight and prevent them from murdering the five Legendary Heroes! We attack now!”

The Shadokor soldiers cheered enthusiastically, eager to go into battle and put an end to the Four Stars Church.

“Please… just hold on a bit longer…” King Duskbane said silently. “So I can finally atone for my past failure. Noir… Gardenia… I promise I will bring him back alive… so please, watch over him until then.”

What he didn’t know was that the same mysterious figure from before was watching before zipping away, heading toward the battle.

Meanwhile, Ebenezer, Robert, and his army of clergy were preparing to attack the five Heroes by charging up the Legendary Gear replica. Celtic and his party glared at Ebenezer, who looked quite smug.

“Skye!” he stated. “Give me the rundown. What do you know about the Legendary Gear replicas?”

Skye replied, “Well, as I told you before, the Legendary Gear replicas were designed as a backup plan in case something happened to one or more of the real Legendary Gear. The replicas all possess the same innate abilities, both regular and advance, that the five normal Legendary Gear possess, which means Ebenezer has access to every default ability and power that the Gear has without the need of trial-and-error that you and the others would have to go through. Also, as I stated before, the reason why the normal Legendary Gear is superior is because the replicas require an insane amount of magical energy to be used, hence making them impractical at best. To swing the sword even once would require nearly a month’s worth of prayers to fuel its mana cost. That said, the replicas are still very powerful, as their strength is equal to the originals, so we can’t take them lightly. The fact that the Four Stars Church has fused four of them into a single weapon means he can shift between all four of them easily, giving him a wide range of options to work with. Plus, since he’s using his clergy to act as living power sources to fuel the replica means he’ll have enough power to fight all of us.”

Leon then added, “I have a suggestion to how to approach this, Cel. We have to drag the fight on as long as possible. In a short fight the replica could easily win, but since it requires such a huge amount of mana, it won’t be as effective in a drawn-out fight. If we can exhaust his mana reserves by dragging the fight out, he won’t have enough left to use the more powerful forms and abilities the replicas have. I’d normally say we should finish him off as fast as possible but taking the slow and steady route instead would be more to our benefit this time around. As a result, your insane defenses and superior strategy will be key to dragging the fight out until he runs out of mana, or at least until his attacks start losing their bite. It’s our best bet.”

Celtic nodded, “Fine, then that’s what we’ll do. Slow and steady wins the race, after all. If dragging the fight out means we can overcome the High Priest, so be it. Team, Battle Formation: Gamma 2!”

Nodding, Celtic’s party took a certain battle formation, stunning the rest of the Heroes.

“Wait? Battle formation?” Eric sputtered. “You spent the time teaching your party actual battle formations?”

“Yes, as, unlike you lot, who are extremely disorganized, I spent the time creating and strategizing various battle tactics in order to overcome our enemies. And these tactics have proven effective, allowing us to overpower and defeat many foes, including General Alastor and the Templar Knights. Maybe you should take a page from my book for a change and actually learn something useful instead of just blindly charging into battle like lunatics. This isn’t a game, after all, this is real, so you need to use real tactics in order to prevail. Now, team, mobilize!”

“We’re on it!” his party stated.

“And what about us?!” Veronica snapped. “You can’t go and steal the show like this!”

“Yeah, why are you doing the solo act?” Jerry protested.

“Because I know what I’m doing,” Celtic countered. “Unlike you lot, I’ve actually spent the time preparing for such enemies. So, you either listen to what I have to say or go sit in the corner.”

“Give us one reason why we should do what you say?” Lucas snapped.

“I’ll give you SIX reasons why! 1) You’ve been treating this whole world like one big game, leaving nothing but death and destruction in your wake. Need I remind you of the dragon zombie, the cursed alchemy seeds, committing regicide on an innocent lord, and helping a Moth Demon crush a rebellion? You did all that, causing greater problems in the process because you think everything will solve itself when the ‘quest’ is over. 2) You’ve been liabilities in Infinator’s waves because you don’t bother to use your heads, while I’ve been protecting the people and defeating the enemies that mop the floor with you. 3) You are unfocused and don’t coordinate with your parties, recklessly leading them into danger with your game-based mentality, not realizing that they’re NOT just NPCs, but real people who depend on you to protect them. 4) I’ve come to notice that you have little patience for gaining Levels, preferring to rush through everything as quickly as possible, not taking the time needed to decode and understand how this world works. I, on the other hand, have spent hours learning things like gaining the ability to read this world’s alphabet, spending time studying the Legendary Gear’s abilities, learning about important things such as what herbs are used for what medicine or what materials are good for crafting and more. 5) I’ve been treating Infinator as a real threat, unlike you, who are treating him as an afterthought. His attacks leave very real damage to this world, with lives at stake. By treating the people of this world as nameless NPCs you’re dismissing their lives, while I treat them like real people, which is what they are. Thus I see their lives as important. You lot, on the other hand, have caused several to die because of your reckless actions. And 6) You’ve been pushing me away since Day 1, calling me the ‘useless one’, a ‘cheater’, or a ‘benchwarmer’, as well as blaming everything on me, yet I’ve been the one who has accomplished more by actually using my head and treating this world, and the threat, as real. Have I painted an accurate enough picture for you or do you need more reasons?”

Before the other Heroes could reply, a smooth, yet gruff female voice floated down to them.

“He’s got a point, you know. I’ve seen everything from start to finish, watching you four so-called ‘Heroes’ create problem after problem with your reckless actions, while Celtic has been cleaning up after you. Even us demons have greater understanding of such things than you lot do. It comes off as ironic when demons are more humane than humans like you.”

Everyone, including Ebenezer, turned to see a new sight. Floating above them was a woman. She had peach colored skin, bright orange eyes with cat-like pupils, a mouth full of fangs, a messy, unkempt mane of dark purple hair that reached her calves, short pointed ears, a strong, well-toned body, and a disappointed look on her face. She appeared to be completely nude with what appeared to be dark energies covering her very ample chest and loins.

“W-Who are you?” Jerry asked.

“I’m Zuzu, a Succuryn, a type of Mid-Tier demon,” the demon woman stated. “I’ve been watching you all for some time now, and I must admit, with the exception of the Shroud Hero, you idiots have been just as destructive as Infinator himself. Even I have to agree that the Four Stars Church, while they’ve always been one monk short of a choir, are right to call you out for your recklessness. I’m a demon; thus I resort to morally grey actions at best to achieve my goals, but even I’m disgusted at your incompetence and pointless endangerment of innocent people.”

Lucas readied his Spear, pointing it at her, “Are you one of Infinator’s Demon Generals? If so, we’ll kill you here and now!”

Zuzu merely gave him a bored look, “Me? One of that lunatic’s Generals? Don’t insult me, you pathetic excuse for a Hero. I wouldn’t dream of joining Infinator’s army. I’m actually one who opposes him, though Infinator himself isn’t my target. Sylph is the one I’m most interested in.”

“Why?” Veronica asked.

Skye rolled her eyes, “Veronica, stop being stupid. Succulites and Succuryns are natural enemies. They hate each other with a burning passion. They’re polar opposites in every way, including battle style and attributes. They’re both Mid-Tier demons and are considered counterpart species, possessing the same number of hearts and general abilities. As such, a Succuryn like her would want nothing to do with an army that has a Succulite as one of its top generals, as the two species mix like water and oil, thus would be more likely to tear each other apart instead of working together. So, it’s only natural for a Succuryn like her to oppose Infinator’s army, as just having Sylph in his forces alone would be enough of an incentive to fight against him.”

Zuzu nodded, “She is correct. I have no interest in joining Infinator’s army if it means working with a Succulite like Sylph. I’m more interested in killing her. But that’s beside the point. I’m here to let you know that King Duskbane and his Shadokor army are on their way to assist you. They should be here within the hour.”

This alarmed Ebenezer, quickly turning to Robert and the clergy, “Quickly! Erect the Cathedral field spell! We cannot let those demon swine interfere with our mission!”

Nodding, Robert turned to the clergy, who were already preparing the needed mana for it. Before the Heroes and Zuzu could react, a massive golden cathedral formed around them, trapping them within its inner cavity along with the High Priest. Zuzu cursed under her breath.

“Dammit!” she hissed. “I was planning on getting out of here after relaying my message, but now I can’t. And thanks to this Holy spell, techniques like Demon magic are useless, so attacks like Wrath Fire are rendered powerless!”

Ebenezer smirked, “That’s right, demon slime. And as long as I’m in this holy ground, I’ll be invincible to your assaults.”

“We’ll see about that!” Ryan stated.

Celtic turned to Leon, “Leon, what exactly is this Cathedral spell?”

“Cathedral is a special field-based Holy spell,” Leon replied. “Not only does it enhance the properties of Holy and Light magic, but, like Zuzu said, Demon magic is negated. Other ‘dark’ elements like Curses are also rendered null and void, though the actual Dark element of magic itself isn’t, though it will be weaker. However, this only affects what’s inside the Cathedral, meaning that, if the Shadokor show up soon enough, they can still use their Demon magic and other such elements outside of it, as it won’t affect it. I’ve also heard, though I don’t know for sure, that Shadow magic, which is exclusive to Shadokor, is capable of being used inside this spell, as Shadow magic is a completely separate branch of magic that, according to what little I know about it, acts as sort of a four-way middle ground between Holy/Light and Dark/Demon. Again, I can’t say for sure, as the knowledge of Shadow magic is very limited, but that’s what I’ve heard about it.”

Zuzu nodded, “You’re quite correct, Templar, I’m impressed. Yes, Shadow magic is a special branch of magic that isn’t negated or weakened by spells like Cathedral. The Shadokor are the only known users of it, as it’s one of their exclusive abilities, and, indeed, acts as a four-way middle ground between Holy/Light and Dark/Demon. That’s why it’s so powerful, as, because of its almost hybrid-like nature, it can slip past all the normal rules that would usually be applied to the other magical attributes, allowing it to be functional at 100% compacity without fear of being negated or weakened. That’s another reason why Shadokor are so powerful, as their exclusive magical ability does not follow the ‘rules’ of every other type of magic, even Demon magic. Unfortunately, we lack that element right now, so we’re going to have to do this the old fashioned way.”

“Wait! You’re actually going to help us?” Tyroe asked, surprised.

“Not like I have a choice,” the demon woman said nonchalantly. “I want to fight and kill Sylph, so, naturally, I need to get out of this predicament first to do that. I wasn’t planning on sticking around after relaying that message, but that’s the way life goes, unfortunately. So, count me in, at least this one time.”

Lucas huffed, “Like we need a demon nudist to help.”

This remark annoyed Zuzu, gaining an icy glare. She summoned up dark energy into her left arm and hand, causing them to become a massive claw of dark energy. She then balled it up into a fist and slammed it down upon Lucas, flattening him into the ground, leaving a Lucas-shaped indent in the ground.

“Hmph, even demons have a better sense of gratitude than you do, Legendary Loser,” she said acidly. “I may not want to be involved in this fight, as I have another agenda to tend to, but I’m going to help you win against this power-mad High Priest. And I suggest you and the other three Legendary Losers listen to Celtic without complaint, as he clearly knows what he’s doing. Unless, of course, you want to head to an early grave. Besides, believe it or not, this Cathedral spell can actually work to our advantage.”

“What do you mean?” Eric asked.

It dawned on Viola, her eyes widening, “Of course! Zuzu’s right! Ebenezer’s clergy are going to have to split their resources in order to both fuel the Legendary Gear replicas AND the Cathedral spell, as both have a continuous cost to maintain! That means the High Priest will have less mana to draw from, which will allow us to end the fight sooner!”

Zuzu nodded, gaining a grin, “Ding-ding. That’s exactly my point. He’ll be forced to divide his resources to maintain both the replicas and the Cathedral spell, which will make him run out of mana faster. After all, his clergy only have a finite amount of mana, despite having a whole army of them, which means that by both dividing up that supply and forcing him to exhaust the replica’s energies will tip the scale into our favor and shorten the fight. In fact, despite us talking just now, because he was forced to divert part of the mana flow to Cathedral, it caused the charge he was building up in the Sword replica to wane, buying us some time to form a plan. Now’s our chance. So, I suggest that, if you value your lives, you WILL listen to Celtic, as he’s clearly the only Hero here with an actual brain. And an actual sense of battle strategy, too. I’m a rogue at best, and am quite unwilling to fight this fight, but I’ll listen to Celtic’s commands willingly, so I suggest you stop griping and do the same.”

Although the other four Heroes hesitated at first, Lucas in particular, they all nodded in agreement. They got into a battle position, seemingly mimicking Celtic’s party position, while Zuzu got into a battle stance in midair. Ebenezer looked surprised at this sudden coordination.

“You’re actually going to try to fight me?” he said, surprised. “You won’t last a minute! Prepare to be cleansed from this world so we can replace you with real Heroes.”

“In your dreams!” Celtic stated strongly. “Begin the attack! Leon! Jerry! Use Thunder Arrow to create a barrage of attacks to force him to divert mana to project a barrier! Zuzu! Get up close and personal when that happens and pop it like the bubble it is! That’ll allow Skye, Ryan, and Rupert to strike him when his defenses have dropped! After that, retreat back here for safety! Tyroe! Use your Earth magic to keep him from getting a good footing after Skye and the others strike him, allowing Lucas and Eric to attack without worry or retaliation! Viola! You launch your Scythe Wind Cutter afterward to give him a close shave! Move out!”

“Right!” everyone said in unison.

Leon and Jerry loaded up an arrow on their bows, took aim, both shouting, “Thunder Arrow!”

This caused both of their arrows to split into multiple shots, becoming a storm of electrified energy arrows. Ebenezer quickly erected a barrier to block them, causing the mana flow to be disrupted briefly. Zuzu zipped in at high speed and got in front of the High Priest, who was still behind his barrier.

“Eat this!” she stated. “Close Combat Combo!”

Her arms and hands became giant dark energy claws and she launched a rapid-fire barrage of punches and kicks at the barrier, though Ebenezer didn’t seem worried.

“Your attacks won’t work on this barrier, demon scum,” he said smugly.

To his surprise, however, Zuzu gained a confident grin. As she continued her assault, to Ebenezer’s shock, the barrier started to gain cracks. First a few, then several, until the entire barrier was coated in large cracks. One final punch shattered it, alarming him, before Zuzu launched a powerful kick that sent him crashing into the Cathedral wall, badly hurt. The demon woman gained a smug expression.

“You clearly don’t know anything about us Succuryns,” she smirked. “Our exclusive ability: Close Combat Combo, is more than just a barrage of punches and kicks. Each successful strike causes the next blow to gain ten tons of pressure, which stacks up upon itself. I don’t even have to hit my opponent directly, as it counts any blow, even against a barrier, as part of the combo. Only if my attack is interrupted or I outright miss is the combo reset back to normal levels. But, as you saw, even your precious barrier couldn’t block my assault once the combo got high enough.”

Ebenezer shouted to Robert and his clergy, “Heal me, quickly!”

Robert grumbled, “Fine. Restore!”

Ebenezer was bathed in healing light, but this diverted his attention away from the fight, which allowed Skye to rush in. When he realized it, Skye was right in his face. She lashed out with her naginata, forcing him to hastily dodge it, which she retaliated with a barrage of kicks, stunning him at her speed and power. While he was distracted with her, Rupert and Ryan suddenly appeared, weapons raised, and swiftly attacked in a pincer-like formation, stunning Ebenezer as the attacks suddenly struck him. Using her enlarged dark energy claws, Zuzu grabbed Skye, Rupert, and Ryan and quickly got them out of range of the next attack.

“It’s all you, snake boy!” she called.

Tyroe slammed his morning stars onto the ground, yelling, “Take this! Earth Tower!”

The ground around Ebenezer started to shake violently before a massive pillar of earth shot up from underneath him. The pillar then started to crumble, causing him to fall while getting hit by chunks of rock in the process. At the time, Veronica was using a spell to enhance Lucas’ power, who had a disgruntled expression on his face.

“Grr… I can’t believe I have to take orders from Celtic…” he grumbled.

Eric started to charge energy into his axe, “Quite whining, Lucas. At least Celtic’s tactics are giving us the edge. I don’t like it, either, but the fact that the High Priest hasn’t been able to launch a successful attack because of Celtic’s strategy is something I won’t complain about.” He then directed his attention to the dazed and battered Ebenezer, “Have a taste of this! Parallax Strike!”

He launched a blue-colored air slash in the shape of a crescent at the disoriented Ebenezer. After he was done powering up, Lucas readied his spear.

“Dammit… I’ll take this out on you, Ebenezer! Lightning Spear!”

He launched a powerful bolt of energy in the shape of a spear at Ebenezer. The High Priest had just managed to regain his composure before he was stuck down by both attacks, causing him to stumble again. He was now livid.

“You dare to continue opposing me?! We’ll see about that!”

Viola smirked, “We will indeed! Have a taste of this! Scythe Wind Cutter!”

She launched her attack, sending a spiraling vortex at Ebenezer. He tried erecting another barrier, but the mana flow was getting too weak, causing the barrier that was forming to fizzle out. This allowed Viola’s attack to engulf him unopposed, viciously slashing away at him before depositing him on the ground. Using the Spear form, he managed to get back up, clearly enraged.

“You will pay dearly for defying us!” he roared.

He then transformed the Spear back into the Sword, charged up mana, and pointed it at Celtic.

“Let’s see you stop this, Shroud Devil! Phoenix Blade!”

He launched a burst of fiery energy that took the form of a phoenix. Celtic, however, smirked at this.

“I’ll show you some real fireworks!” he stated. “Heat Cannon!” He transformed his arm into Heat Cannon and pointed it at the incoming Phoenix Blade, “Elemental Absorption Force!”

The Heat Cannon started to suck in air like a vacuum, creating a powerful force. This caused the Phoenix Blade attack to start breaking apart and sequentially absorbed into the Heat Cannon’s nozzle, much to Ebenezer’s surprise.

“Take this!” Celtic roared.

He fired from his Heat Cannon, which had combined the power of the Phoenix Blade with its normal attack, turning the flaming energy attack into the shape of a dragon. It struck Ebenezer with a vengeance, engulfing him in powerful fire, making him scream in agony.

“Restore!” Robert stated from outside the Cathedral.

Ebenezer was bathed in healing light, restoring him, but he was clearly at his wits end.

“I need more mana!” Ebenezer shouted.

“High Priest Ebenezer, more than two-thirds of the clergy have passed out from running out of mana!” Robert stated. “We don’t have enough mana left to give you.”

“I will NOT accept that! For the good of the world we must cleanse these vile scum from existence! So, make them stand back up and keep the mana flow going! I will NOT lose to the Shroud Devil!”

Leon gained a disgusted look, “That Ebenezer, he’s practically killing his followers just to get rid of us. I always knew he’d go off the deep end, but this is worse than I thought possible. I bet even my half-brother Robert is disgusted at him now.”

Suddenly, a strong voice shouted, “Shadow Negation!”

The Cathedral was struck by a powerful attack from the outside, causing cracks to form in it with what appeared to be shadow energy eating away at them. Suddenly, the Cathedral spell shattered like glass, lifting the effects of it, much to Ebenezer’s shock. Everyone turned to see King Duskbane and his army standing on a ledge above them, looking quite angry.

“Those Shadokor slime are here?!” Ebenezer sputtered.

Suddenly, in Celtic’s mind, what looked like a stat screen appeared. It showed an octagonal object that read “Wrath Fire”, along with another one showing “Iron Maiden of Demon’s Wrath”, followed by a line that seemed to activate from Wrath Fire to another octagonal object, indicating that something new had just been unlocked. His eyes widened as he read the name of the new ability, along with an incantation. He started to channel demonic energy, his pupils become slits and the facial markings returning.

“From the depths of the Demon Realm I call upon thee! Accept my offering to destroy my foe, their flesh, blood and screams as a tribute to the gods as they’re devoured by the iron beast! May their fallen souls be offered up to the Demon Realm as fuel for its power! Chaos Blood Curse!”

Zuzu instantly recognized the spell, her eyes widening in shock.

“C-Chaos Blood Curse?!!” she sputtered. “Don’t do it!”

Too late. Celtic had already released the massive amount of demonic energy he was charging. There was a brief pause before something horrible happened. Blood started to violently erupt from Celtic’s body, spraying from various parts of him like a broken fountain, to the horror of him and his party. Skye in particular looked horrified, eyes wide in pure terror, mouth agape as Celtic’s body was ravaged by the technique. As his blood gushed all over the place, it started to seep into the ground, making Ebenezer smirk.

“How fitting for a devil to go. Destroyed by his own power,” he said with a smirk. He then transformed the replica into the Spear form, taking aim at Celtic, “Fear not, Shroud Devil, for I’ll put you out of your misery here and now.”

Suddenly, the ground around him started to shake, cracks forming, with blood gushing out of them. The ground then erupted, with something massive emerging from it, snapping up Ebenezer, much to his terror. It was revealed to be a giant serpentine demonic dragon, with six pairs of visible wings, large claws, a triangular head with sharp horns, glowing white eyes, a mouth full of sharp teeth, and what looked like mandibles on the sides of its mouth. Ebenezer was trapped in-between the mandibles, using the Spear form to try to keep the mandibles and jaws from consuming him, his feet dangling just above the dragon’s mouth.

“No!” he yelled. “How can this be!? Why is this happening to me?! I am the Gods’ gift to this world! I am the Gods’ apostle! I AM ONE OF THE GODS!!!”

The dragon opened its mouth, revealing multiple rows of dagger-like teeth. It then increased the pressure from its mandibles, causing the Spear replica to start bending. The Spear form couldn’t take the strain, snapping in two, much to Ebenezer’s horror, as he knew what was coming next. He fell into the dragon’s maw, which snapped shut behind him. It then started to viciously chew him; his screams muffled until they stopped. The dragon then swallowed, causing a lump to travel down its throat until it vanished within the pool of blood it had emerged from. It waited a moment before giving a loud belch, coughing up part of the broken replica and Ebenezer’s chewed up, saliva-soaked hat before it slithered back into the pool of blood. Everyone present was shocked at this sudden end to the fight. Robert quickly regained his senses.

“Teleport!” he shouted, suddenly vanishing from the battlefield, obviously fleeing.

“W-What the hell was that?” Eric asked, clearly unnerved.

Zuzu gained a solemn expression, “Chaos Blood Curse. It’s a type of Demon magic. It has the power to instantly kill a target, but it requires an ‘offering’ of sorts beforehand. Normally demons are immune to the side-effects of Demon magic, but Chaos Blood Curse is the exception, as it requires its cost regardless of what species is using it. Though, I admit, that’s a very unique version of Chaos Blood Curse. Normally, it summons a multi-layered bear trap-like mechanical beast. This one summoned freaking dragon instead, which means Celtic’s true power may actually be rather fearsome.”

She then started to leave, which surprised the other Heroes.

“Where are you going?” Ryan asked.

“I’m leaving,” she replied. “I’m not sticking around where my natural predators are. I’m outta here before I get eaten.”

Before someone could ask about that, everyone’s attention was suddenly diverted to Celtic, who was face-down on the ground, not moving. His party had gathered around him, clearly fearing for his life. This caused Zuzu to hesitate, her eyes clearly showing concern.

“Celtic! Celtic!” Rupert begged. “Please respond!”

“Y-You don’t think that… Celtic died from using that horrible technique?” Tyroe gulped.

Skye gained a terrified expression at the thought, quickly falling to her knees and shaking Celtic, “No! No, please, no! Celtic, please! Stay with us!”

Leon and Viola had already channeled energy before stating, “Restore!”

Celtic was bathed in healing energies, but, to their horror, remained motionless. Skye was visibly shaking, tears in her eyes, as she continued to try to wake him.

Suddenly, a strong voice stated, “I won’t let him die!”

Everyone turned to see King Duskbane approach, a grim look of determination on his face. He stopped in front of Celtic, his eyes softening before he started to channel dark energy.

“Dark Recovery!” he stated.

Beams of dark energy poured from his hands into Celtic’s motionless body, pumping him with high power. After the spell was over, King Duskbane placed two fingers on Celtic’s neck, looking for a pulse. His expression softened shortly afterward.

“He’ll live,” the demon king said. “But he’s very weak. He lost a lot of blood and his hearts are beating very weakly. We’ll take him to Delgunner for treatment.”

He then gently flipped Celtic over to look at his face, his eyes widening as he did. A single tear fell from his eyes as he gently cradled the downed Hero.

“Finally…” he said softly. “Finally… after 20 years I finally found you. Noir, Gardenia, I found him at last. You can now rest in peace more easily, as your son is alive.”

Viola hesitated before asking, “Do you… know him?”

King Duskbane nodded, “Of course I know him. He’s my long-lost nephew.”

Next Chapter: Justice

Woo! Talk about a plot twist there at the end. What does this mean for the future? And tune in next time for the final chapter of Season 1!

Okay, this is it. The final chapter of Season 1 of Chaos Rising. Will Celtic finally get the justice he's been seeking? And what will happen from here? Read and find out.

Justice

Delgunner Kingdom. A massive kingdom with an equally massive territory. In the center of it lay the capital city, which is the largest city in the world. In the hustling and bustling metropolis of the capital city, people were scurrying about, discussing all the latest news and gossip. The people seemed to be particularly joyful, as news about the Four Stars Church’s downfall had quickly reached their ears, along with the fact that the Legendary Heroes were here. In a large building next to the magnificent castle was a hospital. Healers and nurses were working hard on anyone who needed them. In one wing, which was normally reserved for the Delgunner royal family, a familiar group of people were present.

In a hospital bed was Celtic, his bare torso and head were bandaged up, still unconscious from the fight against the High Priest. Surrounding him were his party members, all waiting patiently for him to awaken. Skye was gently holding his metal hand, still waiting for him to respond to her soft prodding, though she got nothing. Suddenly, a knock was heard at the door. Leon walked over and opened it, revealing two Shadokor knights and King Duskbane, who was now in his regular regal attire.

“King Duskbane,” Skye said. “Celtic hasn’t awakened yet, if that’s why you’re here.”

King Duskbane quirked an eyebrow, “Wait… ‘Celtic’? That’s the name he was given when he was adopted? I guess he didn’t have anything on him that indicated his real name when he was found.”

Viola, who was in one of her spider silk hammocks, gained a quizzical look, “Yes, that’s the name his adopted parents, Rayler and Valerie Pulsar, gave him. I take it you know what his real name is?”

Duskbane nodded, “Of course I do. As I told you after the battle, he is, in fact, my long-lost nephew. His name is Avalar Darkstar. His father, Noir Darkstar, was my older brother. Both he and Gardenia, his Druid mother, were killed when he was just a week old by Sylph. Infinator had heard of his birth and realized that a hybrid child with both Shadokor and Druid could spell doom to him, so he sent Sylph out to eliminate him. Noir tried to hold her off while Gardenia fled, even using our signature power: Assault Mode, but was tragically killed in battle. Gardenia, in a last-ditch attempt to escape, tried using a teleportation spell, but Sylph managed to kill her before the spell was complete. It ended up botching it and sent Avalar very, very far away, to a completely other world. My men and I had arrived at the scene a few minutes too late, but before she left, Sylph told us what had happened to the baby. I spent the next 20 years trying to find him, even after ascending to the throne, but came up empty-handed. Turns out the one world I overlooked ended up being the world he was sent to: Earth.”

Tyroe then asked, “Why did you overlook Earth?”

“At the time of Avalar’s disappearance, Earth had something called ‘analog waves’ that would disrupt a demon’s bodily functions, potentially killing us if exposed for too long. Along with the fact that Earth is considered ‘sacred’ due to it being the place where the Legendary Warriors are often recruited from. Thus, because of those factors, I had to dismiss Earth as a possibility, as even if Avalar survived the analog waves, Earth was considered off-limits unless it was necessary. Turns out Avalar did in fact survive the analog waves, possibly even adapting to them since he was sent there at such a young age, and obviously lived until he was summoned back to this world to be the Shroud Hero. I hope his adopted family treated him well.”

Skye’s ears dropped a bit, “He did… more or less. His adopted parents and grandparents absolutely adored him, but his aunts and uncles were quite cruel to him, especially this Leena and Reena, who actively tried to get rid of him. They believed that an adopted child isn’t family, saying only blood matters, and, as a result, made him the pariah of the family, taking any chance they could to make him miserable. Thus, Celtic became a rather jaded person even before my vile species got their mitts on him and further made his life hell, which seemed to be the breaking point for him.”

Duskbane’s eyes flared dangerously, “What?! How DARE his adopted aunts and uncles treat him that way! Especially this Leena and Reena duo! If I get my hands on them, I’ll roast them and feed them to my family, while our pet Soulavores feast upon their souls! NO ONE treats a member of my family like that!” He then noticed everyone’s surprised reactions, “Sorry… ever since Noir and Gardenia were killed and Avalar disappeared, I’ve been rather on edge and extremely protective of my kin. And the fact that wrath is a demon’s defining trait, even us Shadokor, so it’s only natural. On top of that, we Shadokor are very loyal to our breed, thus when you wrong one of us, you’ll have the entire species wanting your head. And if one of us dies, the entire race mourns. That’s just how tight-knit our species is. So, you can guess how our race reacted when we learned of Noir’s and Gardenia’s deaths and Avalar’s disappearance. So, please forgive my outburst, as things haven’t been easy for my people and me since then.”

Though still surprised, Rupert replied, “It’s understandable. It’s obvious that the deaths of Noir and Gardenia, along with Celtic’s sudden disappearance was very taxing on your kind. It probably only got worse when you learned of the Light Elves latest scheme against Celtic. I’m surprised you didn’t go to war right away when you got wind of this.”

“Oh, we almost did, but King Alvin managed to lasso us in and keep us from going full-tilt ballistic. But it wasn’t just us that wanted to go to war. Several other nations and races were outraged at how the Shroud Hero was being treated and were more than eager to have the Light Elves’ heads, but King Alvin managed to quell the fires. I swear, that man has quite the silver tongue to be able to curb over 30 different nations and races from going to war against those idiot Light Elves. Those Light Elf fiends will be getting theirs soon enough, but we need to prioritize other factors first, including getting Avalar back on his feet.”

Leon then asked, “Quick question, King Duskbane. Celtic is your nephew, right? That would make him the prince of your race, right?”

Duskbane nodded, “That is indeed correct. But he is not just nobility on his Shadokor side. His mother was also the princess of the Druids, so he’s got royal heritage on both ends of his blood, though she was forced to give up her right to the Druid’s throne when she married Noir. Which means, if Avalar had been aware of it when Lumesto and Veronica framed him for such heinous acts, he could’ve shut their accusations down, as he actually has more regal power over them. As you’re probably aware, the higher a kingdom’s rank is in the pecking order, the more power they have. Delgunner is the most powerful, we Shadokor are the second most powerful, while the Druids are the sixth. The Light Elves, on the other hand, are 30th, which means they have considerably less political power than anyone who is ranked 29th and up. So, if Avalar had been aware of that, he could’ve used it as a counter and shut them down without fear of retaliation, as there was no concrete proof to their accusations. Unless there is concrete proof, such as an eyewitness, then a member of a nobility higher than another cannot be condemned of a crime by any means. As such, if that wench Veronica had something like an actual eyewitness of this ‘crime’ instead of just word-of-mouth, Avalar could’ve used his power to shut her down cold and pretty much put the entire kingdom under his heel, as even though he’s just a prince, he has more power than Lumesto due to both of his races’ position in the pecking order.”

Skye merely sighed, “Yeah, well, because he wasn’t aware of it, and the fact that Veronica has gotten away with this very same accusation for years, he was forced to go on the run.” She then gained a devilish smirk, “I cannot wait to see the looks on my treacherous family’s face when they realize that he actually had more power than they did, which only makes their crimes against him even more severe. I’m looking forward to seeing Veronica’s terror when she learns of this.”

“It will be quite the show, that’s for sure,” Viola said with a smirk.

Duskbane then noticed something, “Lady Skye, I just noticed that your ability to Level Up has been stunted. It appears to be unlocking slowly, but not quickly enough. Would you like me to remove that issue for you?”

Skye’s eyes lit up, “Yes, please! It’s because I was forced to wear four anti-magic cuffs for at least a year, so if you can finally break this curse of sorts on me, I would be most grateful.”

Duskbane nodded before using a small spell on her. This spell caused what looked like a barrier around her to burst, causing sparkles to form around her. It also showed her Level, which was still at 40, to jump up to Level 46, making her smile.

“Thank you, Your Majesty,” she said with a small bow. “That feels much better. Now I can be more helpful to Celtic.”

Duskbane smiled, “I appreciate your loyalty to him, Lady Skye. And that goes for the rest of you, too. It warms my eight hearts to know he’s finally gotten some good comrades and friends to aid him, especially since he’s the only Hero who has been actually doing his job correctly, even cleaning up after the other Heroes’ blunders. I give you my deepest thanks.” He then waked over to Celtic and took out a small green crystal, “Before any of you get antsy, I’m only going to copy and place Avalar’s memories in this crystal so I can see exactly what he’s had to go through. I know it won’t be pretty, but I want to know what happened to him during his life so I can help lessen his pain and support him like a proper uncle should.”

He used a small spell that caused Celtic to glow. A silvery stream flowed out of his head and entered the crystal. After the stream was done, Duskbane looked the crystal over, seemingly satisfied with the results.

“Good, got them all. Now, I’ll be back in a day or two to see how he’s doing. I’ll leave one of my Shadow Sentinels with King Alvin so he can report to me any progress on Avalar’s status before then. Please, stay by his side so I can rest easy knowing he’ll in good hands.”

Everyone nodded, smiles on their faces, easing Duskbane’s mind. He and his two knights left the room, closing the door behind them. Skye and the rest of the party continued to watch Celtic, hoping he’ll awaken soon.

Two more days passed. Skye and the others were still waiting, with Skye still trying to gently nudge Celtic awake. To her joy, this time she got a response. Celtic started to shift, groaning a bit, before opening his eyes, still quite out of it. It took him a moment to come to his senses.

“Skye?” he asked groggily. “Everyone? Where… am I?”

Tears were in Skye’s eyes, “Cel! You’re awake! Finally! It’s been four days since you lost consciousness after the fight with the High Priest! We’re in Delgunner’s capital now, in the local hospital. We’re in the ward that is reserved for the royal family. King Duskbane and various healers did everything they could to keep you alive. But… how do you feel? You lost a lot of blood using that technique. Do you feel okay? Can I get you anything?”

Viola couldn’t help but chuckle, “That’s Skye for you. The ever-devoted right-hand woman to the Shroud Hero. Still, you did have us worried, Cel. How do you feel now? Any better?”

Celtic managed a weak smile, “I still feel like a wreck on the inside, like I’ve been through a food processor. I can feel all seven of my hearts working overtime to recoup from that technique.” He then gained a dark expression, “Chaos Blood Curse… a devastatingly powerful move, but it ravages my body along with destroying my opponent. I thought demons like myself were immune to the side-effects of Demon magic…”

Leon replied, “Apparently, according to Zuzu, at least before she vanished, she said Chaos Blood Curse is the exception to the rule, because it requires the ‘offering’ of blood in order to activate its power regardless of species. However, because it requires such an insane cost, other demons avoid using it unless it’s absolutely necessary, as the user can potentially die from it. Demon magic is often a double-edged sword, with Chaos Blood Curse being the most notable example. You better not use it again unless it’s absolutely necessary.”

“I see…” Celtic replied.

Rupert then said, “By the way, Celtic. You were unconscious when it happened, but we met King Duskbane. Turns out… he’s your biological uncle. Your father was his older brother, which means you’re royalty. We also learned of your birth name, too: Avalar Darkstar.”

Celtic’s eyes were wide, “Wait… King Duskbane is my uncle?! I’m ROYALTY?! So… this IS my birth world. And at least it confirms that I’m part Shadokor, so that’s a relief, as I was worried I would end up the enemy because of my demon heritage. But… I’m Shadokor royalty? And my real name is Avalar Darkstar? This is a lot to take in after just waking up. I’m at a loss at what to think about all this.”

Skye gave him a warm smile, “Yes, you’re royalty, but not just on your Shadokor side. Your mother, who was a Druid, was also the princess of her kind. So, you’ve got royal blood on both sides of your heritage. That also means, if you had been aware of it, you could’ve shut down Veronica’s false rape accusation. Because you’re both Shadokor and Druid royalty, you actually have more political power than King Lumesto does, due to how the royal pecking order of this world works. The Shadokor are the second most powerful kingdom while the Druids are the sixth. The Light Elves, on the other hand, are 30th, meaning they have considerably less power than you do. If you had been aware of that, you could’ve shut them down cold and pretty much had the entire kingdom under your heel, as Veronica only had word-of-mouth as proof to your ‘crime’, which is rather flimsy proof. I can almost see my family’s faces when the realize they’ve been harassing someone with more power then they’ll ever have. Karma is gonna bite them so hard where the sun doesn’t shine and it’ll be glorious.”

Tyroe couldn’t help but chuckle, “Looks like Skye is looking forward to the Light Elves getting punished more than Celtic is. Try to curb your enthusiasm, Skye, as we have yet to have the trial.”

Just then a knock could be heard at the door. Leon walked over and opened it, revealing King Duskbane, who looked relieved as he saw Celtic awake.

“Avalar…” he said with a warm smile. “I’m so happy you’re awake now. You’ve had me worried, my dear nephew.”

Celtic looked a bit awkward, “Your Majesty… am I… really your nephew? This seems almost too good to be true. It’s not that I want to doubt my friends, but this is a lot to take in so suddenly. Am I really royalty?”

Duskbane walked up to him, “Yes, you are, my dear nephew. Your father, Noir Darkstar, was my older brother, and was next in line for the throne. Your mother, Gardenia, was also Druid royalty, though she was forced to give up the throne when she married your father, due to how annoyingly haughty the Druids are, as well as being such sticklers for their ridiculous ‘code’. But she was welcomed among us Shadokor. So, when she and your father were killed, we all mourned their deaths. We even allowed Gardenia to be buried in the Shadokor royal family crypt out of respect for her, so she could at least be with Noir in death. But, yet, you are, in fact, nobility on both sides. And, please, call me Uncle Duskbane, as you are my nephew, so I’d like you to address me less formally.”

Celtic gained a depressed look, “So… my parents are dead… At least it explains why my bassinet was so beat up when my adopted parents found me. And at least it means I wasn’t thrown away like I originally feared. But… how did I end up on Earth?”

“Sylph attacked your parents at one point. Noir used our signature ability: Assault Mode, to fight her off while Gardenia tried to flee. However, he was killed in the fight. Gardenia tried using a teleportation spell to escape, but Sylph killed her before the spell had finished charging. This caused the spell to be botched and ended up teleporting you to Earth by accident. At least it meant you were safe from Sylph, as she was out to kill you on Infinator’s orders, and she cannot open dimensional gateways in order to pursue you. But… I’ve seen your memories, and I can see that you’ve had a rough adoption. Your adoptive parents and grandparents adored you, but your aunts and uncles were very cruel, especially this Leena and Reena duo. The nerve, saying than an adopted child isn’t family and that only blood matters. How stupid is that? I’ve heard of many cases where adopted children are more than welcomed into the fold of their new families. It sickens me to think that you had to endure what you did for such a ridiculous reason. That’s why I want you to call me Uncle Duskbane, so you know that you’ll have at least one uncle that cares about you.”

“It’ll take me some time to be able to call you that, King Duskbane,” Celtic replied in a depressed tone. “After having it hammered into my head since I was little that I have to address relatives with ‘polite’ terms like ‘Sir’ and ‘Ma’am’, it’ll be a while before I can break such a long-standing habit. Old habits die hard, after all. But that brings me to my questions. For starters, why the hell did I have to go through all that slag with the Light Elves and such?”

Duskbane gave a sigh, “I understand. Let’s talk about it on the balcony, as it’ll be less likely to have unwanted ears listening in on it.”

After everyone had gathered on the large balcony just outside of the medical ward, they waited for Duskbane’s explanation. Little did they know that Zuzu was listening in on the rooftop above them, out of sight.

Duskbane took a deep breath before stating, “Let’s start from the top. Because Infinator finally made his first attack, which was prior to your summoning, the major nations agreed that the top five of us would summon one Hero each. That way we could work together to fight off Infinator. However, through the Arachne spies, such as Miss Viola, we had hired, we had learned that the Light Elves had not only stolen the book needed for the summoning but had summoned all five of you to their kingdom instead. It was yet another ploy to gain more power to look like the big-shot heroes so they could whitewash the fact they were the ones who started this whole mess 2500 years ago. This did not sit well with the other nations at all, as they knew it was just another bid for power for those vile Light Elves.”

“So, that sludge-spewing king, slut princess, and cowardly prince all did this on their own in order to become top of the royal food chain?” Celtic asked.

Duskbane nodded, “Yes, and when word reached our ears that they were mistreating you, the Shroud Hero, it infuriated everyone, as the Shroud Hero is considered both a religious and political figure. Over 30 nations and races, us Shadokor included, were ready to go to war, but King Alvin quelled the fires of war, telling us that going to war on top of the current issue would have catastrophic results. That warning was enough to get us to back down, at least until the Light Elves were brought to justice. Many nations and races are still wanting to level their kingdom as they, the Shadokor included, felt they had gone too far this time
for their crimes. As for the reasons behind your mistreatment are extremely petty and misdirected. Light Elves hate darkness, believing that light is the only ‘good’ element, so the Shroud, which is called the Shroud of Shadows, automatically registers in their minds as ‘evil’, despite the fact that beings like Infinator, Sylph, and us Shadokor prove otherwise. Even that Succuryn, Zuzu, is proof that darkness isn’t inherently evil, and she’s a rogue element at best. The fact of the matter is they didn’t even need to summon the Shroud, they did so just to further spite the legend and element. But there’s more to it than that. I won’t tell that part just yet, as it’ll become known to the world soon enough. But let’s just say Lumesto’s hatred toward the Shroud outside of the darkness bit is completely misdirected, essentially blaming you for something that isn’t remotely yours, or the Shroud’s fault at all.”

Celtic looked out over Delgunner, “I guess things would’ve been different if I had been summoned to another nation.”

“Yes. We Shadokor were going to summon the Shroud Hero, as we’re the ones who created the Shroud Hero in the first place, thus it’s only fitting for us to do so, something that the other nations and races agree with. If you had been summoned to Shadoria you would’ve been treated like the prince that you are, as we would’ve instantly realized you were our long-lost prince. The Shadow Sentinel who told you about the Four Stars Church’s latest scheme realized who you were just before leaving, thus she reported it to me, giving me further incentive to stop the Four Stars Church before they could murder you. By the way, Avalar, how is your recovery? I know you just woke up, but how do you feel, my dear nephew?”

Celtic leaned against the stone railing, “Well, I’m at least able to walk and get around again, so I guess I’m doing better. Though I still feel like a wreck on the inside.”

Duskbane smiled, “I’m glad to hear it. Would you and your party consider coming to Delgunner Castle tomorrow? That way King Alvin can clear your name to the world and expose the Light Elves for their crimes. Also, both Delgunner and Shadoria wants to honor you, as we’re aware that you’ve done all the heavy lifting when it comes to Infinator’s waves. Both kingdoms want to honor you with our highest award and give you a bonus of 700 gold apiece because of your efforts.”

Skye looked elated, “Cel! Isn’t that wonderful? You’ll finally get the recognition you deserve after all your hard work! I knew coming to Delgunner was the smart choice.”

Duskbane chuckled, “I thank you, Lady Skye, for making that suggestion to him way back when he first purchased you as his slave.” This caused Celtic to flinch, turning his head away in shame, which Duskbane noticed. “It’s nothing to be ashamed of, Avalar. Past Legendary Heroes have had slaves and have always treated them well. From what my sources have told me, you’ve treated Lady Skye very well. I know you hate slavery and that the reason you bought Lady Skye was out of blind rage, but it’s not something you should be ashamed of, as look what it got you. A devoted and loyal ally who proudly marches into battle for you. That is worth its weight in Chaos Magnite.”

Skye then remembered something, “Oh, speaking of Chaos Magnite. King Duskbane, during the wave where we fought Sylph, she seemed to think that my naginata is made of Chaos Magnite, as it easily damaged her. Can you confirm that?”

She summoned and held out her naginata. Duskbane took one look at it, causing his eyes to widen.

“By the Pit, it is made of Chaos Magnite!” he exclaimed. “How did you get ahold of such a valuable piece of material? Chaos Magnite only grows in the Demon Realm and is our most precious ore! It only grows on one place in the Demon Realm, can only be harvested once every 25 years, and only 20 chunks of ore are allowed to be harvested at a time. How did you get some?”

“I found it in a riverbed near where I used to train when I was still part of the Light Elf royal family. I had an older naginata, but it was getting pretty worn out. I found that ore, along with another chunk of ore, protruding from the riverbed. There had been a heavy rainstorm the day before, so it must’ve been unearthed by it. I collected it and sent it away to have it crafted into my naginata and part of my current outfit, as I didn’t trust any of the blacksmiths in my kingdom, especially since Veronica has a habit of stealing anything I have that is valuable. I didn’t know what kind of ore it was, but I knew it was valuable and powerful. The other ore I knew was Hypaton, similar to magic iron only much stronger, which I had crafted into part of my outfit. Naturally, once I was sold to slavery, my family stole my gear and, most likely, stuffed it into the vault. But since I had it forged with my blood it allowed me to summon it back into my hands when I was bought by Celtic. Sylph took note that it may have been Chaos Magnite, but since none of us had heard of Chaos Magnite, we didn’t know what she meant. But now I know that it’s the Demon Realms most valuable material. Maybe it was a leftover from the Great Demon War?”

Duskbane nodded, “It’s quite possible, though I’m surprised it took nearly 2500 years for someone to find it. Considering that both Infinator and we Shadokor had access to the Demon Realm and its resources during the war, it’s possible it was a leftover chunk that got lost in the various fights. If you don’t mind, I would like to take your naginata and have it reforged. The blacksmith you sent it to did a good job, but the Shadokor blacksmiths would be able to make it even better, as we know how to handle Chaos Magnite the best. By doing so we can make it nearly indestructible and incredibly powerful, and maybe even add in some other stuff like a Dimensional Diamond to enhance it several fold. Would you allow that, Lady Skye? It won’t take longer than two days, so you’ll have it back before long.”

Sky nodded, “Sure, that sounds great! Do whatever you feel is necessary to make my naginata as good as it can be. I want to be able to help Celtic any way possible, so if this gives me that ability, go right ahead.”

She handed it over, making Duskbane smile.

“You truly are a rare gem, Lady Skye. And that goes for all of you devoted fighters in this party. I cannot thank you enough. Now… I need to speak with my nephew in private about something. Would you all please go back inside and don’t eavesdrop?”

Leon nodded, “Sure, no problem. Come on, gang, let’s go back inside and wait for Celtic and King Duskbane to finish.”

With a nod, the entire party entered the building and left the two royal demons alone, though Zuzu, who was still listening in, remained where she was, hidden.

Celtic turned to Duskbane, “What do you want to talk about, Your Majesty?”

“It’s in regard to what will happen tomorrow,” Duskbane replied.

As they talked, discussing the events that’ll take place tomorrow, Zuzu listened in from her hiding spot, her eyes widening, gaining a smirk.

“Those Light Elf trash are gonna get it good,” she said silently. “This’ll be a good show, that’s for sure. But I wonder what Celtic will think of it? Will he allow it? That’s something I’m curious to know. Guess I’ll stick around and see the events first-hand. This’ll be interesting.”

King Duskbane then said, “Aside from the two of us, only King Alvin knows what will happen tomorrow. Whether you decide to work with Delgunner or not won’t change the events tomorrow. I know you’re still recovering, but it would be invaluable to King Alvin if you attended tomorrow. That way your name can be cleared and the Light Elf kingdom’s lies will be stripped away. Both Delgunner and Shadoria still plan on rewarding you with the previously mentioned rewards, as you and your party deserve them for your efforts in fighting off Infinator’s forces and for uprooting the treasonous Church of the Four Stars. Will you attend, my dear nephew?”

Celtic looked out over the capital, “I might as well. It’ll be worth my time despite the fact I’m still not 100% back in order. But… are you sure that fate for the Light Elf royal family is necessary?”

Duskbane nodded, “Yes, their sins are too great. Not even we Shadokor can save them from their crimes, and to be perfectly honest, it’s something we Shadokor want. They’ve crossed too many lines over the years, and this one is one of their worst crimes to date, so they will pay for it. In any case, I will return to Shadoria briefly to gather the last bit of information needed for tomorrow, and I’ll give my top smith Lady Skye’s naginata to reforge into a more powerful version, one that’ll carry her throughout these waves to the end. Please, get some rest, as you have an early day tomorrow, Avalar.”

Both entered the hospital again with Celtic returning to his bed while King Duskbane bid him and his party farewell for now. Skye sat down on the chair next to Celtic’s bed.

“Cel?” she cooed. “What did King Duskbane want to talk to you about?”

“Nothing too special. Mostly he wants me to go to the castle tomorrow to have my name cleared, along with some other stuff relating to that.”

Skye grabbed his metal hand, smiling, “Isn’t that wonderful! Just think, you’ll finally be cleared of all those horrible false charges and be treated as the hero you truly are. All our efforts and struggles will be rewarded tomorrow. This will finally lessen your workload and give you the recognition and respect you deserve and will finally prove to the world just how scummy the Light Elves are. I’m so happy that everything is finally falling into place.”

She gently nuzzled his hand, him giving her a crooked smile as she did. After getting his bandages changed and a meal, everyone fell asleep as the night sky covered the land. Everyone but Celtic, who was having conflicting feelings about tomorrow.

Morning came and everyone was ready. Celtic was back in his usual gear and led his party to the castle. The guards welcomed them warmly, allowing them entry into the castle. After going up a flight of stairs, they came face-to-face with the other four Heroes.

“Hey, looks like you’re back on your feet,” Jerry said.

“Guess that overpowered Demon magic didn’t do too much to you, huh,” Ryan stated.

Celtic walked up to them, “Believe it or not, I’m not quite there yet. I’m still a wreck on the inside. According to the medics, it’ll be at least another day or two before I can go back on the frontlines. So, I take it you lot will be working with Delgunner now, too?”

Eric nodded, “Yep. They’re offering us much bigger rewards than the Light Elves ever did. Plus… let’s just say we learned a few things about those elves that don’t sit well with us.”

Lucas then said, “Speaking of elves, has anyone seen Veronica? She disappeared after the fight.”

“She’s probably busy with her duties as a princess,” Ryan said, though it was clear he knew something that Lucas didn’t, which Celtic picked up on.

“I wonder if King Alvin will reward us with a party for defeating the High Priest? That would be awesome!” Jerry stated eagerly.

“I can get behind that!” Lucas said with a smile.

“…Morons…” Celtic said silently.

A butler walked up to them, “The Legendary Heroes. Please, follow me inside to the throne room. King Alvin is waiting for you.”

The five Heroes and Celtic’s party entered the throne room. It was magnificent and much more sophisticated than the Light Elf throne room. Sitting on the thrones were a king and a queen, with two princes to their right, along with King Duskbane on the left. King Alvin was a noble and wise-looking human king, with smooth yet strong green eyes, neatly groomed brown hair, soft facial features, and a rather strong-looking build. He was wearing noblemen’s robes with a waistcoat under them, long pants, fancy shoes, and a golden crown on his head.

“Welcome, Legendary Heroes and company, I am King Alvin Delgunner,” King Alvin introduced himself. “This is my wife, Queen Amelia, and my two sons, Prince Cray and Karl. You are gathered here for a special reason.” He then turned to one of his guards, “It’s time. Bring them in.”

The doors opened again, revealing Lumesto, Veronica, and Reginald in anti-magic cuffs and being escorted by knights.

“Veronica!” Lucas sputtered.

“Help me, Lucas!” she begged.

“W-What’s going on here?!” Lucas choked.

“Isn’t it obvious? These three are criminals,” King Alvin said matter-of-factly. “We shall now begin the trial of the Light Elf royal family.”

Outside, there were dozens of people watching from magical screens akin to jumbo-screen TVs, along with the other Heroes’ parties. Zuzu was also nearby, watching from a nearby rooftop, a smile on her face.

“Things are about to get interesting,” she said with a toothy grin.

Back inside, King Lumesto stated, “King Alvin, what is the meaning of this!? This is unbecoming of nobility such as yourself!”

“An ironic statement coming from you, Lumesto,” Queen Amelia countered with a dark smirk.

King Alvin stated, “You and your family are on trial for the crimes you have committed. I will be the judge and executioner. My colleague and friend, King Duskbane, will act as my advisor and assistant.”

“What?!” Lumesto sputtered. “Don’t tell me the Shroud Devil has brainwashed you!”

Duskbane launched a spell, causing shadowy chains to appear and ensnare Lumesto, giving the Light Elf a glare of contempt.

“The Shroud Hero possess no such ability!” Duskbane stated strongly. “We Shadokor saw fit to erase such an ability from this world in order to prevent Infinator from ‘recruiting’ more ‘allies’ to his forces. You know that. I can’t believe I even need to say that.”

A servant walked up to King Alvin, holding a tray with a dish of ink, a brush, and a small knife.

“W-What is that?!” Veronica sputtered.

“To ensure a fair trial, you will be branded with a slave crest,” King Alvin stated, taking the knife to piece his finger for the necessary blood droplet.

“No! Please!” Veronica wailed as the knights held her steady.

“How can you do that!? She’s a princess!” Lucas protested.

“Funny. The Light Elves and their associated nobilities didn’t bat an eye when the second princess, Lady Skye, was branded with a slave crest and sold to slavery, now did they? Besides, Veronica is well-known to be a pathological liar,” King Duskbane stated, stunning the Spear Hero.

“T-That’s a lie!” Veronica cried frantically. “I’m a good, honest girl!”

“Then why are you so panicky?” Queen Amelia asked smoothly.

After King Alvin dropped a few drops of blood into the ink, the servant walked over to Veronica, who had been forced onto her knees, lowered her breastplate a bit, and brushed a circle on her chest and upper breasts. She screamed in agony as the slave crest took form, her eyes wide in pain.

“Wimp,” Skye muttered. “When I had my slave crest branded, I barely flinched. I was even able to power through it whenever I ‘disobeyed’ it without much trouble. Sheesh, my siblings are all such wusses.”

Shortly afterward, three railings were produced around the three elves, acting as stands. Everyone except King Alvin and Queen Amelia stood up, ready for the trial.

“We will now begin the trial,” King Alvin stated. “Do note that your crimes are visible to the world. You cannot wheedle out of them.”

“You can’t accuse them of anything!” Lucas spat. “Besides, what ‘crimes’ did they commit anyway?!”

Celtic grumbled mentally, “Do we really need to start from there?”

King Alvin merely resumed talking, “We will begin with current events. Using a fabricated Legendary Gear made from four of the Legendary Gear replicas, High Priest Ebenezer B. Calmat of the Church of the Four Stars tried to overthrow the various nations and murder the five Legendary Heroes. However, he was killed during the resulting battle. We are rounding up the supporters of the church as we speak, though Robert Hammerlocke is at large, having fled from the battlefield.”

“So what?” Lucas protested.

“Appallingly, Veronica worked alongside them. She sent the Four Stars Church and the Templar Knights after the Shroud Hero and his party, feeding them info on the Should Hero’s whereabouts in hopes of killing them.”

“W-What?!”

“Are they any objections to the charges?”

Veronica spat, “Why would I work with the Four Stars Church to do any…”

The slave crest reacted, giving her a powerful jolt, making her cry out in pain, revealing her statement to be a lie.

“It’s disgusting that the first princess of the Light Elves would assist such a vile cult,” King Alvin stated. “However, it was later confirmed that the Four Stars Church was after more than just the five Legendary Heroes, something that Veronica was not aware of when she made the deal with them to assassinate the Shroud Hero and his party. Despite that, she still aided the Church in their ‘mission’ by giving them information on the Shroud Hero’s whereabouts in hopes of getting the last laugh against him.”

“That’s a lie!” Veronica stated. “I would never do…”

The slave crest responded again, giving her another shock, revealing it to be another lie.

King Alvin continued, “Moving on from there, in relation to an earlier statement from King Duskbane, it was Veronica who came up with the idea to sell her sister to slavery because she kept, as she put it, ‘getting in the way’ of their various get-more-power-quick schemes. She even went as far as to obtain a body-numbing poison to lace her food with, four anti-magic cuffs, and the special ink needed to brand a slave with a slave crest. Do you deny it?”

“Skye is my sister!” Veronica spat. “Of course I deny…”

The slave crest responded again, giving her another powerful shock, making her cry in pain again. This action stunned Lucas.

“It’s true,” Ryan said to Lucas. “We asked around and confirmed that Veronica was the one who came up with selling her own sister Skye to slavery because she kept uprooting the race’s various get-more-power-quick schemes.”

Jerry nodded, “Yes, Eric and I confirmed that, too. We asked a number of the common folk about the history of the Light Elves and learned a lot of bad things about them.”

Eric added, “They also mentioned that Veronica has a long-standing history with various underhanded schemes, being rather infamous for the various crimes she’s gotten away with in the past.”

“W-What!?” Lucas choked.

King Alvin continued, “King Lumesto, you had your forces steal the book needed to summon the five Legendary Heroes to you so you can use them in a bid for more power, leaving the rest of the nations high and dry.”

“I only did that to fight off Infinator’s waves!” Lumesto spat. “On their first night here, the Shroud Devil did the unthinkable to my daughter!”

“That’s right!” Lucas stated. “Celtic assaulted Veronica!”

Everyone became tense, knowing the truth was about to come out, with Celtic and his party in particular gaining steely expressions.

“Let’s ask Veronica,” King Alvin said simply. “Veronica, were you truly assaulted by the Shroud Hero?”

“Yes!” Veronica stated. “The Shroud Devil tried to rape…”

This story caused the slave crest to react extremely violently. So violently in fact it released a massive shock, causing Veronica to scream in pain and was sent flying onto her back from the burst, finally proving her story to be a lie.

“N-No, that can’t be right!” Lucas stammered.

“Well, then, Spear Hero, would you like to make a slave pact with Veronica and ask her again?” King Alvin asked.

“F-Fine! I’ll prove her innocence!”

Celtic noticed that King Duskbane looked like he was just inches from strangling Lucas, only just barely restraining himself. Lucas pierced his finger with the same knife, dropped some drops of blood into the ink, allowing Veronica’s slave crest to be rebranded.

“Okay, Veronica,” he said. “That night when Celtic assaulted you, you came to me for help, right? Right?”

Veronica pleaded, “Yes! I was so scared and I had no one else to turn…”

The slave crest reacted again, giving her another very powerful jolt, screaming in pain, though this time she was held down by knights. This stunned Lucas.

“Veronica, we have confirmation that you have not only used this very same false rape accusation on Prince Avalar, but also 45 other men, all of whom you have slept with, robbed, shamed and had executed for your sick enjoyment,” King Alvin stated. “Is that true?”

“I’ve never done anything to ONE man, much less…” Veronica stated.

The slave crest reacted again, giving her another powerful jolt, making her scream in pain again.

“Told you, Pointy Stick Boy!” Skye spat. “I’ve seen many men die because of this very same story she concocted and used on Celtic. But wow… 45 other men? I knew she got around but wow. Last I checked it was 33, including Celtic. That means 45 innocent men were sent to their graves, robbed and their names tarnished, because of her sick sense of self-entitlement and amusement. You really are disgusting, Veronica.”

Lucas was horrified as he heard this, slowly backing away from Veronica, his eyes wide in shock.

“This unpleasant farce continued. My name was being cleared with each lie being stripped away, proving to the world what the Light Elves had done to me and others. But… not one of my seven hearts felt any lighter. Is it… because I know what’s coming next? Am I… looking forward to it? Will it… bring me the closure I want?”

King Alvin gained a grim expression, “How despicable. Despite being royalty, you lot resorted to the dirtiest tricks available, destroying all those who opposed them in a bid for more power. Many people have lost their lives because of your selfish actions. I hope you now see yourselves as the monsters you truly are.”

Lumesto then said, “I admit my actions were unbecoming of royalty. But I was not going to allow the same calamity that had befallen my family happen again! That’s why I tried to get rid of the Shroud! The Shroud is the devil, he is a demon, he is evil! I will never forgive the Shroud for what it did to my wife! Never!”

King Alvin simply said, “Are you certain it was the Shroud or his allies that took your Queen away, Lumesto? Or do you just assume it to be the case? King Duskbane, I believe this is your time to shine. Please, enlighten us on the truth behind Queen Jade’s disappearance.”

King Duskbane nodded, “As you wish, King Alvin.” He then turned to Lumesto, eyes narrowing, “Your wife, Queen Jade, was not taken by the Shroud Hero or his allies. She was taken… by Sylph.”

“W-What?! T-That’s impossible!” Lumesto sputtered. “Where’s your proof!?”

“I knew you’d say that. Take a look at this.” Duskbane pulled out a small robotic beetle from his pocket, “This is one of my people’s Spy-Bugs. We plant them in places we cannot go so we can spy on enemy forces. Unlike the rest of this world, we Shadokor still practice in technology. This particular Spy-Bug was planted in Infinator’s prison, as no one without the Light attribute can enter the barrier that YOUR ancestor erected. But since these robotic insects lack any attribute, and are not even alive, they can slip into the barrier without a problem. This Spy-Bug recorded various events that have occurred within Infinator’s prison, which includes Queen Jade’s current fate. Observe.”

He pushed a button on the back of the Spy-Bug, causing the “eyes” to glow, releasing a holographic projection. It showed a cavern deep underground, with what appeared to be a flaming energy coming from a small vent. Suddenly, Sylph came into view, kneeling down before the vent. The vent then produced more energy that took the form of two sets of demonic eyes with a strange symbol hovering over it.

“Sylph,” the energy said. “You have returned. Do you have our latest lab rat?”

Sylph nodded, “Yes, Master Infinator, I have brought her.” She then turned around, “Bring her in!”

Two more demons emerged from the shadows, carrying a Light Elf female. The Light Elves present in the room gained wide eyes.

“J-Jade!” Lumesto sputtered.

“Mother!” Reginald and Skye cried out.

“W-What do want with me?” Jade asked weakly in the recording.

Infinator chuckled, “Oh, nothing much. I just want to turn you into a new Demon General, that’s all. You Light Elves are such an amusing species. You summoned me here centuries ago in hopes of enslaving me so you can use my power to make yourselves top dog in the royal pecking order. That certainly blew up in your faces, forcing Delgunner to summon my hated enemies, the Shadokor, to correct your sin. You Light Elves are such an easily corrupted race with your constant desires for more power, especially after you were punished for your role in the Great Demon War by being bumped down several pegs on your precious pecking order. I’m about to put that corruptible nature of yours to the test. You see, thanks to those blasted Shadokor, I cannot brainwash others to become new followers. But… that doesn’t mean I can’t turn someone into a new Demon General by mutating them and warping their minds to do my bidding. And that’s exactly what I’m going to do to you. Strip her.”

Jade tried struggling to get free but was too weak. Sylph slashed at her with her claws, causing the Light Elf Queen’s clothes to be shredded off, leaving her naked. What then looked like a fleshy cocoon formed nearby. The two demons holding Jade dragged her toward it, which she violently tried to resist but wasn’t strong enough. The cocoon opened up, allowing them to toss her into it, sealing it up before she could try to escape, the sound of her pounding against the walls could be heard. Suddenly, demonic energy started to surge in from the top and bottom of the cocoon. Jade screamed in pain as the evil energies struck her, forcing themselves into her. After a few minutes of her screaming, she went silent. Sylph then checked something near the cocoon, gaining a dark smile as she did.

“Looks like it’s a success, Master Infinator,” she said. “Her body has accepted the energies. It’ll take some time before she’s fully trans-mutated into her new form, but unlike some of our past lab rats, it appears the corruptible nature of the Light Elves is far more compatible with our experiments. Ooh, I cannot wait to see what she becomes! I’m almost giddy! And the best part is, according to my sources, that twit Lumesto thinks his wife was captured by allies of the Shroud Hero and hasn’t even considered the fact that we captured her. Oh, that’ll make things very amusing! I would love to see his face when he learns the truth… if he’s alive long enough to learn of it. We shall see.”

“Good work, Sylph,” Infinator said proudly. “I knew you’d come through for me. It’ll take a few years before the trans-mutation is complete, but when it is, I’ll have a new General to help me conquer this world and others. Now, resume your hunt for new resources to help my revival.”

Sylph bowed, “Yes, Master Infinator.”

Duskbane then ended the recording there. Everyone present had been shocked into silence, with the demon king gaining a solemn expression.

“Do you now see the truth, Lumesto?” he asked. “Your blind hatred toward the Shroud and darkness was completely misplaced, as it was Sylph and Infinator who took your wife away from you. And I’ve got more bad news about her. The trans-mutation is nearing completion. This Spy-Bug recorded that, too, before I called it back here for this trial. It means she will be mobilized as a new Demon General soon. The five Legendary Heroes will face her eventually, which means they may have to euthanize her in order to save her, as we don’t know if the trans-mutation process is reversible. But do you now realize that your petty hatred for the Shroud was unjustified and misplaced? Do you now see that all your crimes against Prince Avalar have been because you couldn’t look past the possibility that you were wrong about your wife’s abduction?”

Lumesto, who was still in shock, realized something, “Wait… Prince Avalar? Who is this Prince Avalar you keep mentioning?”

“Prince Avalar also goes by the name of Celtic Pulsar, the Shroud Hero. He is the long-lost prince of both the Shadokor and Druids. His father, Noir Darkstar, was my older brother, while his mother Gardenia was the princess of the Druids. They both tragically died at Sylph’s hands, but Avalar was sent to Earth by accident due to a botched teleportation spell. He grew up on Earth under the name of Celtic Pulsar, raised by a human couple, until he was brought back to this world by your actions to be the new Shroud Hero. So, you see, you’ve been pegging various false crimes and causing immense grief for a member of two royal families that have considerably more power than you could ever have. Do you now see that, because of such actions, the severity of your crimes has just been cranked up several levels? You’ve been causing trouble for a member of two nobilities that have more power than you do. If Avalar had been aware of his heritage at the time, he could’ve shut your accusations down cold and put your kingdom under his heel for your crimes against him. What do you say to that, Lumesto?”

Lumesto, Veronica, and Reginald all gained horrified expressions, turning toward Celtic, who merely sighed.

“Yeah, it’s true, apparently,” he said. “King Duskbane is my biological uncle, which makes me a prince by default. That was a surprise to me, too, as I never expected to be nobility. And, because of how your royal pecking order works here, I have more political power than you do because of my Shadokor/Druid origins. Which means I could’ve put you lot in your place when you pegged those false charges on me if I had known about it at the time. It’s funny how fate works, right?”

The three Light Elves stumbled in shock, realizing what it meant.

King Alvin then cleared his throat, “Let’s get back to the subject at hand. I give my verdict. I declare King Lumesto Lightwave, Princess Veronica Lightwave, and Prince Reginald Lightwave guilty on charges of high treason, abuse of power, and violating the rights of a superior nobility. I strip you of your royal status and sentence you to death!”

This horrified the three Light Elves, realizing what was next for them.

“N-Noooo!” Veronica wailed in fear.

“The execution will be carried out immediately! Let these three sinners be put down in front of the world!”

A few minutes later everyone was gathered at a large arena-like building. There were three guillotines ready, with the three former Light Elf nobles standing in front of them. The people present were cheering for their execution, having finally had enough of the Light Elves and their schemes. King Alvin and King Duskbane were in the royal seating area, ready for the execution.

“These three criminals will now be beheaded!” King Alvin stated strongly. “Those who commit such heinous crimes must be brought to justice, especially if they are royalty. We will prove that today.”

Several people started to shout and yell at the three Light Elves, stating various unmentioned crimes that they caused because of their actions. As Celtic watched the three Light Elves get locked into place for their beheading, he felt conflicted.

“Is this what I really want?” Celtic asked himself silently.

“Lucas!” Veronica cried out in panic. “Please! Lucas! Save me!”

Lucas, who was with the other Heroes in a separate section, gave her a dirty look before turning his head away in shame. This caused Veronica to gain a horrified expression, realizing what it meant. King Alvin then raised his arm up, getting ready to give the signal. Lumesto merely sighed defeatedly, having been shaken from what he had seen in the trial. Reginald closed his eyes tightly, trembling like a leaf, terrified at what was about to happen.

“C… Cel…” Veronica whimpered before begging shamelessly, “Prince Celtic! Please! Save me! Have mercy! Please! Please! Save me! Prince Celtic!”

As she did this, Celtic noticed something, his eyes widening. Just as King Alvin prepared to make the gesture to execute them, a voice could be heard.

“Hold it!”

Everyone stopped, stunned at this sudden voice. Celtic walked out into the center of the arena-like structure.

“The death penalty is too light for these sewer rats!” Celtic stated strongly. “Death is instant release, after all. Do we really want to let them off so easily after everything they’ve done? After all, the dead cannot learn from their mistakes.” As he walked over to the guillotines he smirked, “Veronica’s slave crest didn’t react just now. She’s so thick skinned. She actually had the gall to shamelessly beg for her life to the man she tried to ruin and kill and actually be sincere about it! Considering how thick her skin might be, I’m not sure if the guillotine will cut her, much less kill her.”

The crowd started to laugh at this. Skye and the rest of the party gained amused expressions as Celtic roasted the former Light Elf royal family.

“I came for an execution, but this is straight-up murder,” Skye giggled.

Zuzu, who was also nearby, couldn’t help but snicker, “He’s a true demon, that’s for sure. He’s playing the anti-hero part well. I knew this would be a fun show, and boy, he did not disappoint. Let’s see what else he has to say.”

Celtic continued, “I’ve got a better idea for these slime-spewing sewer rats! In fact, I’ve got several ideas to drag out their suffering like they have done to me and others, giving them a fate worse than death.”

“Let’s hear them,” King Alvin said, clearly amused yet interested.

“Let’s start with something basic. I say we strip the Light Elf Kingdom of its status as a kingdom, have Delgunner Kingdom absorb its territory into its own, and put the Light Elves under curfew to ensure they don’t try anymore stunts. Next, let’s move on to the fact that these Light Elf swine owe quite a few people. I’ve heard through Skye that the Light Elves have stolen many treasures from other kingdoms and have held them hostage to prevent being steamrolled by said kingdoms in retaliation. I say it’s time those kingdoms get their treasures back. But it’s not just the treasures that will be recovered. No, let’s squeeze the Light Elf royal swine dry. I say for every person they have wronged in some form or another they have to repay them in money and/or valuables to make up for whatever damage the Light Elves did. Depending on the value of whatever the Light Elves took from those people will range from things like coppers and silvers to valuables like jewelry and pottery. And, if it was a person’s life that was robbed by them, they have to pay up in gold, especially if they are related to Veronica’s past victims. I say 100 to 500, depending on the situation, sounds about fair.”

“B-But that’ll leave us penniless!” Reginald protested.

“You won’t be needing it anymore, long ears,” Celtic smirked. “But I’m not done just yet. Next up, we brand Lumesto and Reginald with slave crests and have them enslaved to King Alvin, as well as forcing those two to do actual honest work. A little back-breaking, sweat-inducing work should give them a good serving of humble pie. Meanwhile, we’ll upgrade Veronica’s slave crest to a spellbinding circle crest, which, as I learned, is a much more powerful slave crest. Since the slave crests aren’t absolute, the spellbinding circle crest will be more useful on someone like her, as it’ll ultimately force her to obey whatever commands she’s given with its special magic. And now for the cherry on top.”

“T-There’s MORE!?” Lumesto sputtered.

“Oh, yes, there is, long ears. I say we officially rename these three. Lumesto will be known as Sludge! Reginald will be known as Wimp! And Veronica will be known a Wench!”

“S-Sludge?!!” Lumesto choked.

“W-Wimp!?” Reginald sputtered.

“M-My name is not Wench!” Veronica protested.

“It is now, long ears. You will live under these names for the rest of your lives, no matter how long or short they may be. If I may borrow a quote from George Washington, the first President of the United States of America, ‘Dying is easy, living is harder’. So, you’re going to have to live with a permanent shaming in place of your names. And since you already lost your royal status from King Alvin’s ruling, it’ll just make your humiliation even more prominent. If you don’t like it, well, you can die right now, but we’ll see what King Alvin and King Duskbane have to say about it. How does that sound, Your Majesties?”

King Alvin turned to King Duskbane, smiling, “I like the way your nephew thinks, King Duskbane.”

King Duskbane chuckled, “He’s got his father’s sharp wit and his mother’s sass, that’s for sure.”

Both nodded in agreement before King Alvin stated, “The Shroud Hero, who has done the most for this world, has given his oppressors the greatest mercy. From henceforth, Lumesto will be Sludge, Reginald will be Wimp, and Veronica will be Wench, while each getting a slave crest, with Wench getting a spellbinding circle crest to keep them in line. Delgunner will absorb the Light Elf Kingdom territory into its own, with the Light Elf Kingdom stripped of its status as a kingdom, the Light Elves will be put under a tight curfew to prevent further schemes, and the former Light Elf royal family will have to pay back all its victims in the form of monetary compensation. And, finally, the Church of the Four Stars, which was one of the core roots of the problem, will be abolished with the Church of the Five Stars becoming the world religion.”

Satisfied, Celtic stated to walk away, but Wench spat, “I asked for mercy! Why didn’t you give me that!?”

“Yes, you did, but you didn’t specify what kind of mercy you wanted, long ears,” Celtic replied smoothly.

“There’s only one kind!”

“Wrong again. There is also something called ‘cruel mercy’, which is what I decided to give you. You really need to be more specific because, well, look what happened. Later… Wench.”

As he entered part of the arena-like building, the other four Heroes ran down to him.

“Hey, Celtic!” Ryan called.

“Where are you going?” Lucas asked.

“Yeah, the excitement is reaching fever pitch,” Jerry stated.

“Or would you rather us call you Avalar?” Eric asked.

Celtic barely turned to them before replying, “Call me whichever name you’re most comfortable with. I’ll accept both, as they both apply to me, so whichever one floats your boat, be it Celtic or Avalar, call me that. Though it may take some time to get used to Avalar.”

King Alvin and King Duskbane walked down to them, with King Alvin stating, “Don’t forget, Avalar, you’re also eligible for the gold payment from the Light Elves as you’re one of Veronica’s… I mean Wench’s victims, too. Plus, both Delgunner and Shadoria want to honor you with the promised rewards for your thankless efforts in Infinator’s attacks and for defeating the High Priest. Will you accept those rewards?”

“Fine, whatever. But I’ve got bigger fish to fry. While I will work with you, I will also work with the other nations on this world to fight off Infinator’s attacks. It’s our job, isn’t it? The job of the Legendary Heroes is to protect this world, correct? Then that’s what we have to do.”

King Alvin smiled, “Yes, that is true. I thank you. We will also throw a celebration party in your honor for your tireless work against Infinator and the High Priest. Will you attend?”

“I’ll think about it,” Celtic merely said.

“Also, Avalar,” King Duskbane said. “I have something to discuss with you, but it can wait until later. What I want to discuss will aid you in future battles against Infinator. But, until then, relax and enjoy yourself for a bit.”

“Whatever. Let’s go, team,” Celtic merely said.

Lucas then grinned, “Looks like we’re going to a party!”

The other three Heroes nodded eagerly at the thought. Celtic merely huffed as he and his party walked away, seemingly satisfied at the results. As they exited the arena-like building, they were greeted by dozens of people and knights. The people created a walkway for them, while the knights raised their swords in salute. Smiling, the party walked down the walkway, praised and cheered on by the people.

“When I first came to this world, I was robbed of everything. All because I became the Shroud Hero. I haven’t gotten it all back yet, but I don’t think I want it anymore. I’ve got more now. More than I ever had before. Because of my friends who fight by my side with steadfast loyalty because I’m the Shroud Hero. Wherever Infinator’s attacks go, we will go to put a stop to them. We are the Shroud Hero party, and we will overcome any obstacles we face.”

Next Chapter: Awakening

End of Season 1

And that's the end of the season. Maybe now Celtic can rest his spine from all the hard carrying he's had to do. We shall see. But what will happen in Season 2? Tune in next time to find out.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom