• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Chapter 3: Pokémon Terastal Debut - Beginning April 12th

WatcherMark

Reaction score
The third chapter of Horizons, Pokémon Terastal Debut, will begin on April 12th according to Serebii. It will showcase Paldea's Gym Leaders and Elite Four.
Artwork below:

terastaldebut.jpg

Not a fan of school in Pokèmon at all. It’s so contrasting to what make me the franchise enjoyable to me. Really disappointed they’re shifting the narrative to it, just as the characters were finally starting to come into their own.

I honestly think this series might not be for me anymore. Really hoping we get something good for Kalos next year at least

My biggest question is where does the RVTs fit into this? I know its an all-ages academy but I don't think they're all dropping everything to attend school lol. Maybe they're going to be digging up leads on where the remaining Six Heroes are located while the kids are doing this? Captain Pikachu is still on the poster so he presumably has a role.

Dot is wearing a unique combination of the Autumn and either Spring/Winter uniform (long pants), though Liko is wearing her Indigo Academy uniform still for some reason. Even if she is a transfer student, I don't think she would still be wearing the uniform of her home school. Also, poor Anne, her roommate abandons her to go on a journey and then just straight up transfers to an entirely different school.

We finally have confirmation that Wattrel didn't just die off-screen.

Nemona returning and her Pawmo has evolved into Pawmot. I guess Roy will be getting that battle after all.

Katy, Grusha, and every Paldea Elite 4 member making their anime debuts. Iono and Brassius also returning.

Liko, Roy, and Dot all getting Tera Orbs is an interesting development. Dot and Quaxly getting more focus in general makes it feel more likely that Quaxly could evolve at some point. I wonder how long it'll take for Fuecoco to evolve after Sprigatito. Floragato is looking good, I always thought it was the best member of its evolutionary line.

Mabbostiff on the poster... Here's hoping we see Arven!

I could easily see Dot looking into Team Star and meeting Penny.

I do wonder how long we're going to be around here. It brings me back to my thought that we aren't going to see every region in this series based on how the trajectory of the show is going.

Last edited:
The third chapter of Horizons, Pokémon Terastal Debut, will begin on April 12th according to Serebii. It will showcase Paldea's Gym Leaders and Elite Four.
Artwork below:

We want to see Kleavor and Entei when we announce the next episodes of Pokemon Horizons, those two Legendary Pokémon of Lucius have to be a guide. The episodes did not appear previously, nor the trailer, nor the magazine, nor this March with enough time.

While I don't hate Horizons adapting more of Paldea, unlike what Journeys did for Galar; I hope that Horizons doesn't get too stuck in the weeds when dealing with its main plot. I highly doubt Kleavor and Entei will both be obtained in the next few episodes unless they both happen to appear in the same place.

While I don't hate Horizons adapting more of Paldea, unlike what Journeys did for Galar; I hope that Horizons doesn't get too stuck in the weeds when dealing with its main plot. I highly doubt Kleavor and Entei will both be obtained in the next few episodes unless they both happen to appear in the same place.
They are selfish.

I wasn't expecting them to actually go to Naranja Academy. That's pretty cool. Roy doesn't really look good in the school uniform and Liko using her old school uniform is kind of weird too. Maybe they just wanted to justify having that outfit for her. I'm glad that they are going to focus on Palada and showcase more characters from the games. I'm not sure how well they can adapt the game's storyline. I assume that they'll be in Paldea for this entire chapter/arc, which could potentially give them time to adapt the storyline and introduce new characters like Arven and Penny, but a part of me is worried that the climax would still be rushed or not adapted well. Still, it's pretty cool that they aren't ignoring Paldea.

OMG I'm so excited for this. Even though I think Horizons has been handling the region hopping far better than the previous series, this is still a gen 9 show and I'm so happy that we'll be getting an arc (seemingly) focusing on Paldea's most important location. I love the fact that it looks like the adult Volt Tacklers aren't there. My favorite episodes are the ones where Liko, Roy, and Dot can just have adventures on their own, so this looks like it'll be amazing if indeed it's just them. Just seeing the kids learn about Terastallization with the Naranja Academy folks will be awesome. And I'm glad that all of them will be getting Tera Orbs.

Roy and Dot are looking great in their uniforms, though I'm confused why Liko is back to wearing her Indigo Academy uniform instead of getting a new one for the current school. I really hope we get to see a lot more SV content in this arc. It's already great to see more gym leaders will be appearing and the E4. I'm desperately hoping this arc will give more attention to Wattrel. It really has been neglected lately. This should be where the kids focus more on their newer Pokemon imo. But we'll have to wait and see.

Also, OMG Sprigatito is evolving! I love love love Floragato and I'm thrilled that this Pokémon will be on the main cast. She looks great. I hope Quaxly will evolve too at some point! Overall super hyped for this new arc for the show!

Liko keeping her Indigo Academy uniform is probably due to her likely enrolling as an exchange student. From what I hear: Exchange students still wear their original school's uniform to indicate they'e an exchange student.
Which is kinda odd considering in the game when the PC becomes an exchange student at Blueberry Academy they get one of their uniforms to wear.

Which is kinda odd considering in the game when the PC becomes an exchange student at Blueberry Academy they get one of their uniforms to wear.

Maybe they are eventually incorporate Kitakami and Blueberry and give Liko that uniform to wear, while Roy and Dot remain in their Naranja uniforms.

It also makes me wonder if they introduce Uva eventually as well as a rival school to Naranja and let Penny and Arven, alongside an anime exclusive character, show up as rivals. Make it even more funny and have Anne be the exchange student for Uva.

Also, poor Anne, her roommate abandons her to go on a journey and then just straight up transfers to an entirely different school.
I assume it's like blueberry academy in the DLC, Liko is technically a student of both schools now, once the arc is over they'll go back to her occasionally being shown in class on her rotom phone.

Also does this count as a self spoiler with Floragato being there?

Ngl: As exciting this all sounds, part of me can't help but be cynical in feeling this might have been the result of some higher-up executives meddling in the production of the series, demanding they showcase the Paldea school smack right in the middle of the Six Heroes quest. Am I the only one here?

I just hope they'll put better effort into adapting The Way Home than Journeys did with the Darkest Day in SwSh, but this anime's always been somewhat "black-and-white", so it could be rushed and likely change Professor Sada's arc, with the possibility of her surviving this time and reuniting with Arven.

Back
Top Bottom