• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Chapter 3: Pokémon Terastal Debut - Beginning April 12th

Except that's the basis of her character. Nemona is good at everything from being a Champion-ranked trainer to being the student council president. The only reason she makes a rivalry with the player character in the games is because she's bored and lonely of being the best and would like to stand a chance of losing.
But I feel the school would like Nemona help new students get accustomed to the school since she heads the student council.

What would Penny's role be?
I've seen speculation that Starfall Street happened and Penny is simply there to repay the pains she caused the league during Operation Starfall.

Given that Herba Mystica is more common, enough that Murdock can simply buy them in a store with little fanfare, I wouldn't rule out the anime only doing Victory Road since all the gym leaders, Nemona, Elite Four, and the Top Champion herself are all present while Starfall Street and Path of Legends happened in flashbacks.

That's not a possibility I would want, but it's just how it seems to me.

But I feel the school would like Nemona help new students get accustomed to the school since she heads the student council.
That's not the point I was arguing. I was arguing against your notion that Nemona wouldn't be a student at the school, not that she wouldn't help new students.

I've seen speculation that Starfall Street happened and Penny is simply there to repay the pains she caused the league during Operation Starfall.

Given that Herba Mystica is more common, enough that Murdock can simply buy them in a store with little fanfare, I wouldn't rule out the anime only doing Victory Road since all the gym leaders, Nemona, Elite Four, and the Top Champion herself are all present while Starfall Street and Path of Legends happened in flashbacks.

That's not a possibility I would want, but it's just how it seems to me.
That would be such a waste considering how many good moments there are in both storylines. It would potentially be easier to just include one of the three storylines, especially when we don't know how long this arc is going to be, but it would be such a huge shame to have Penny and Arven's storylines done off-screen.

Penny's storyline I can see them easily doing. Like maybe instead of 5 different camps, there's just one big one that Team Star works out of. After all, we must remember that the members of Team Star are students who dropped out of school for various reasons (such as, I don't know, being bullied).

Not sure about Arven's questline. The way home, could be condensed into a few episodes since (aside from some forced wild battles on the way down), the only battle is with the AI Professor.

Here’s a more close-up shot of the Explorers in disguise.

GJZlOP5XMAAshux.jpg

I thought Sidian was a teacher, but you can clearly see the uniform under the sweater.

Honestly, I would prefer them being off screen then them being rushed to fit into what will probably be a 20-25 episode arc. Might just be me though.
I don't think that would be much better than rushing through them. It would be harder to make the audience invested in these versions of Arven and Penny. Not to mention it would be harder to pull off the Area Zero storyline without the foundation of all three storylines, especially with Arven. Having more time wouldn't necessarily guarantee that they'd have a good adaptation. Even when the anime spent an entire series in a new region, how well they adapted storylines and characters was often a mixed bag, but doing a lot of story development off-screen or rushing them to fit a single arc isn't really ideal to me either.

Honestly, I would prefer them being off screen then them being rushed to fit into what will probably be a 20-25 episode arc. Might just be me though.
I would honestly prefer flashbacks rather than rushing them into a 20-25 episode story arc. You can still have an emotional attachment through flashbacks, especially if the person narrating the flashback is Ortega, Eri, Mela, or Giacomo when it comes to Penny's storyline. Though this can be an issue since the emotional attachment hinges on the viewer knowing the game's storyline.

Speaking of the games, another theory I found interesting is that Naranja Academy could lead to Kitakami and the Crystal Pool which in turn leads to a time travel adventure. Instead of bringing forth Sada/Turo, we instead see Liko and Roy flung into the past to meet Lucius. Anything to get to Kitakami or Blueberry Academy for me is a massive plus.

I feel like actually meeting Lucius would solve and get rid of a lot of their reasons for actually... going to Rakua. They can learn what it is, Terapagos can see him again ect.

I would honestly prefer flashbacks rather than rushing them into a 20-25 episode story arc. You can still have an emotional attachment through flashbacks, especially if the person narrating the flashback is Ortega, Eri, Mela, or Giacomo when it comes to Penny's storyline. Though this can be an issue since the emotional attachment hinges on the viewer knowing the game's storyline.
I think this has a decent chance of happening, considering Horizons has already shown that it likes using flashbacks to show off character backstories. If they can give Arven and Penny a few episodes that are as good as how HZ018 was, I wouldn't mind them taking the flashback route.

The two tone green sleeves should make Dot’s outfit a fashion nightmare due to the use of dark blue and violet everywhere else and yet it works.

Glad she is finally out of her PJs.

Last edited:
Here’s a more close-up shot of the Explorers in disguise.

GJZlOP5XMAAshux.jpg

I thought Sidian was a teacher, but you can clearly see the uniform under the sweater.
Even in new clothes, Sidian still can't break even a small little smile. Truly the Eeyore of the group.

Back
Top Bottom