• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Chapter 3: Pokémon Terastal Debut - Beginning April 12th

I don't know If i said it here but I stand by my opinion the Sprigatito's personality is already one that works for the whole evolution line, no real need for a major shift. Has even already made Floragatos halfcircle eyes with a frown face a bunch of times.

Edit: Other than, being a bit less cat like I guess... I can't IMAGINE it's still going to be making biscuits on the bed as a Meowscarada but who knows?

A battle-oriented goal doesn't matter when your Pokémon constantly loses in fights.
Besides, I think that everything was also decided by popularity (specifically: Meowscarada>Fuecoco>Quaquaval)

Yeah...Fuecoco's popularity compared to its evolutions and its role as comic relief REALLY makes me worried they'll keep it unevolved. It's pretty much the Piplup/Rowlet of this generation.

I have a feeling Fuecoco will be the Totodile/Piplup/Oshowott/Chespin/Rowlet/Grookie of this series and not evolve.

If that’s the case, then it will be the first fire type starter owned by a major character that does not evolve.

I adore Fuecoco, so I wouldn't be that upset if they don't evolve it. But at the same time, I also like its evolution line and a Skeledirge battling against a Shiny Rayquaza would make more sense than if it was still a Fuecoco. If they're willing to evolve Sprigatito, then they'll probably evolve Fuecoco at some point too. I'm not sure about Quaxly, even though it would be cool to finally get all three new starters fully evolved in the anime.

I think that they’ve set all 3 starters for fully evolving this time around. With Fuecoco it has its narrative of singing and wanting to be like Charizard and was given Disarming Voice. With Sprigatito, they’re already evolving it and gave it Magical Leaf leaning into the magician theme. And with Quaxly, they’ve shown that he has dancing skill, made it a performer and gave it Low Kick which is in line with its capoeira theme. At this point, if they don’t all evolve, it’s gonna feel kinda anticlimactic.

I don't know...I get the feeling SOMEONE has to stay unevolved...It's almost a requirement. Thought it mainly depends on how popular which mon is more popular, and/or how marketable they are :unsure:

I don't know...I get the feeling SOMEONE has to stay unevolved...It's almost a requirement. Thought it mainly depends on how popular which mon is more popular, and/or how marketable they are :unsure:
And based on popularity polls, I worry the unevolved one will be Fuecoco due to how much more popular it is compared to its evolutions. Meanwhile some people suspected Sprigatito evolving even before the confirmation since its final stage is the most popular Gen 9 Pokemon in those same polls.

Last edited:
I feel like you people put too much emphasis on the popularity polls... especially since none of them have even been officially done by TPC themselves and were only a super super small fragment of the fanbase voting on them. An even smaller fragment of that even being the animes target audience.

Now I could actually see Ash teaching in Paldea. He would be an adult meaning at least 20 years old. I would think he would actually enjoy teaching what he learned to a new generation of trainers.

Back
Top Bottom