• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Chapter 3: Pokémon Terastal Debut - Beginning April 12th

I feel like they made Floragato too tall, this is NOT 2'11 unless the kids are actually SUPER short.

1711162066309.png

Why the f is the idea of Ash dying even a thing anyway? This is a kid's show and Ash is iconic.
Honestly I think some people just need to come up with some 'in-universe' reason as to why Ash hasn't appeared in Horizons (and likely won't, unless they do some special or whatever IMO) instead of just 'Ash won't appear in Horizons because his era as the main character is over and the staff likely want the current anime to stand on its own merits as a show'.

There, simple as that. Don't need to come up theories that would make zero sense and wouldn't even happen like 'Ash could have tripped on a rock and fell into a volcano and that's why he's not appearing'.

Based on how Penny is with the League in the preview, I’m going to make a guess that the events of Starfall Street already happened and Penny is doing her public penance of working for Geeta.

People have been posting info from Anime a Japan, and it seems like our heroes aren’t the only ones going to school.

GJUf_pqbIAAqbTW.jpg

GJUoYErWEAAYzUA.jpg
I think those other character will be teaching in some sort of capacity. This even includes Nemona who is possibly the school champion and maybe regional champ but it seems unlikely Nemona is the current reigning Paldea champion.

I think those other character will be teaching in some sort of capacity. This even includes Nemona who is possibly the school champion and maybe regional champ but it seems unlikely Nemona is the current reigning Paldea champion.
Well, if Geeta is around, one could assume that Geeta is the regional Champion, and Nemona might be a Champion level trainer like in the games. However, I think that Nemona will be focused on going to school like in the games. But I could see Geeta being involved with teaching at the Naranja Academy.

We have voice actors, from Dephender:

Breaking Pokémon Anime News:
The cast playing the Paldea Elite Four got announced on stage at AnimeJapan 2024!
Chili will be played by Mitsuki Saiga-san
Poppy will be played by Miria Takagishi-san
Hassaku will be played by Ryotaro Okiayu-san
Aoki will be played by Kohsuke Toriumi-san
The new chapter "Terastal Debut" these four will be appearing in will start Friday April 12th!

Breaking Pokémon Anime News:
In the new chapter "Terastal Debut", Liko and Roy will challenge various Gym Leaders in order to learn about Terastallization! One of them is Kaede, the manager of the patisserie “Mukuroji” and handler of Bug types! She will be played by Kotono Mitsuishi-san!

Mitsuki Saiga is Rika. Yeah, should’ve seen that coming.

Last edited:
Are the explorers joining the school or are they just in their civil outfits hanging out. It'd be so funny if they all join the same school a day after being at each other's throats. And please, don't let Liko wear the awful brown outfit the entire time, I beg ;-;

Also, Rika's voice is perfect

I SO called Mitsuki Saiga as Rika ever since Rika was revealed. She's one of the few female VAs I know whose voice isn't just deep, but can go borderline masculine.

Well, if Geeta is around, one could assume that Geeta is the regional Champion, and Nemona might be a Champion level trainer like in the games. However, I think that Nemona will be focused on going to school like in the games. But I could see Geeta being involved with teaching at the Naranja Academy.
But if Nemona’s already like the second best trainer in Paldea, then I do not see her as a student. Instead I think the Naranja Academy is having her make new students get comfortable with school life. Plus the school wants her to wear the outfit to be pressional.

But if Nemona’s already like the second best trainer in Paldea, then I do not see her as a student.
Except that's the basis of her character. Nemona is good at everything from being a Champion-ranked trainer to being the student council president. The only reason she makes a rivalry with the player character in the games is because she's bored and lonely of being the best and would like to stand a chance of losing.

It's nice to hear the E4 voices. Poppy sounds as adorable as she should! I'm so excited to see her in the show! I'm also glad to hear that Roy and Liko will be battling gym leaders during their time at the academy. I figured it would be the case, but it's nice to have the confirmation. That said, I'm concerned that Dot isn't mentioned. I hope they only mentioned Liko and Roy since they're the protagonists and that Dot will also be battling leaders as well. It would be odd for her to be at the academy studying with them, but not battle leaders like they are imo.

Back
Top Bottom