• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character ages in Pokémon Games

My headcanon ages for Sword & Shield characters are:
Victor/Gloria: 13
Milo: 19
Nessa: 16
Kabu: 55
Bea: 17
Allister: 16
Opal: 88
Gordie: 23
Melony: 49
Piers: 20
Raihan: 24
Hop: 13
Bede: 15
Marnie: 15
Leon: 24
Sonia: 24
Rose: 43
Oleana: 35
Magnolia: 75

My guesses for Galar's characters:
Player Character, Bede, Marnie and Hop: 16

Leon, Raihan and Sonia: Around 25

Milo and Nessa: 20-21ish, I’ve got a hard time imagining Nessa as 16-17, I know there are models that age, but I think her being slightly older would show some time she took to balance her gym career and modelling and partly I find the implications of a modelling 16-17 year old Nessa disturbing personally.

Allister: 13, Bea: 15, I think Allister's easily the youngest Gym leader, further contributing to his anxieties.

Magnolia: 77

My guesses for Sun/Moon Characters
MC: 11-12, Hau: 11 (leaning towards 12 for MCs purely because I’d prefer them to be closer to Gladion in age. I prefer the MCs and rivals to be the same age. Hau being slightly younger is fine and makes sense to me)
Lillie: 10
Gladion: 13
Wicke: early 30s, Faba: 49

As for Serena/Calem I'd put them at 18.
Lucas/Dawn and Barry: 14

My guesses at ages characters

Victor/Gloria: 14
Hop: 13
Bede: 15
Marnie: 15
Champion Leon: 26
Professor Magnolia: 76
Sonia: 25
Chairman Rose: 45
Oleana: 33
Milo: 23
Nessa: 21
Kabu: 56
Bea: 17
Allister: 12
Opal: Confirmed 88
Melony: 52
Gordie: 28
Piers: 22
Raihan: 24
-Elio/Selene: 12
-Hau: 11
-Lillie: 11
-Gladion: 14
-Professor Kukui: 30
-Professor Burnett: 28
-Samson Oak: 61
-Kahuna Hala: 70
-Ilima: 18
-Mallow: 18
-Lana: 13
-Kiawe: 18
-Kahuna Olivia: 33
-Sophocles: 12
-Molayne: 30
-Acerola: 12
-Kahuna Nanu: 69
-Mina: 16
-Kahuna Hapu: 13
-Plumeria: 24
-Guzma: 25
-Wicke: 32
-Faba: 45
-Lusamine: Confirmed 41+ so 43?
-Ryuki: 26

Personally I don't think the Sword and Shield protagonists can be teens. The first thing that stood out to me after finishing customizing my character was how short they actually are compared to the adult NPCs. It actually ruined some of my immersion that they were so obviously young so I hope that age and height will be customizable in the future.

the implications of a modelling 16-17 year old Nessa disturbing personally.

But aren't most high fashion models around that age? Although I think she might be older since she is friends with Sonia. I think Sonia is in her early 30s or late 20s since she complains about the protagonists being "young and cute".

But aren't most high fashion models around that age? Although I think she might be older since she is friends with Sonia. I think Sonia is in her early 30s or late 20s since she complains about the protagonists being "young and cute".

I mean.

I'm only in my early 20s and even I (jokingly) complain that I'm old.

Anyways. Sun and Moon ages.

Elio and Selene: 11
Hau: 11
Gladion: 13
Lillie: 11
Lusamine: Confirmed 41+. Probably early to mid 40s.
Guzma: Mid to late 20s
Kukui: Mid to late 20s. Perhaps even early 30s.
Plumeria: Mid 20s
Wicke: In her 40s
Faba: In his 40s.
Burnet: Mid to late 20s. Perhaps even early 30s as well.
Ilima: 14
Lana: 12
Kiawe: 17
Mallow: 16
Sophocles: 13
Acerola: 13
Hala: In his 60s.
Olivia: End 20s.
Nanu: Mid to end 30s.
Hapu: 15
Molayne: Early 30s.
Kahili: Early 20s.
Mina: 19

Last edited:
Weren’t Sonia and Leon supposed to be rivals/childhood friends or something? They’d be nearly the same age in thay case
Leon is very early 30s and Sonia is very late 20s, which would put Leon a little above Sonia in terms of age but not so much that they couldn't be rivals/childhood friends. At least, that's what I think.

Magnolia is the oldest professor and that's canon! Okay, it's not. But that's my headcanon.

Leon is very early 30s and Sonia is very late 20s, which would put Leon a little above Sonia in terms of age but not so much that they couldn't be rivals/childhood friends. At least, that's what I think.

Magnolia is the oldest professor and that's canon! Okay, it's not. But that's my headcanon.
I think that if Leon was that old than Hop would be more likely to be his son than his brother.

-Elio/Selene: 12
-Hau: 11
-Lillie: 11
-Gladion: 14
-Professor Kukui: 30
-Professor Burnett: 28
-Samson Oak: 61
-Kahuna Hala: 70
-Ilima: 18
-Mallow: 18
-Lana: 13
-Kiawe: 18
-Kahuna Olivia: 33
-Sophocles: 12
-Molayne: 30
-Acerola: 12
-Kahuna Nanu: 69
-Mina: 16
-Kahuna Hapu: 13
-Plumeria: 24
-Guzma: 25
-Wicke: 32
-Faba: 45
-Lusamine: Confirmed 41+ so 43?
-Ryuki: 26

I think Faba is around his 60s (not much older than Nanu at least) given his appearance and attitude. He may be scatterbrained somehow and can't think quickly.

Mega post time! Okay, so, I apologize if I mention characters I've already mentioned.

Ages: Elite Four edition.

To start off easy: Agatha is old. Older than all the other characters I've pinned as old.

Bruno is around Surge's age (I did Surge already, right?)

Lorelei is probably in her 30s and so is Lance.

Koga is actually probably getting towards his 50s. Maybe not quite there yet but close.

Will is in his early 20s.

Karen is late 20s.

Sydney is in his 30s.

I'm not quite sure on Phoebe but I think she might be older than she looks.

Glacia is peobably somewhere in her 50s along with Drake.

Aaron, Flint, and Lucian are in their 20s. While Bertha is in her 60s.

Wow Shaunti looks young. Uh, let's see here, late teens? Like, maybe 18-19?

Marshal, easy. Same age range as Bruno and Surge.

Grimsley is in his late 20s or Early 30s.

Caitlin also looks young. I'll have to say 20s.

Malava, again, 20s.

Siebold is early 30s and Wikstrom is around ghe same age range as Marshal.

Drasnia is an age I cannot pinpoint. Whatever age she is, she's looking good for it.

Hala, probabky 60s. Maybe older.

Olivia, late 30s.

Acerola is in the same boat as Phoebe, being unplacable but definitely Older than she Looks.

Kahili is in her early 30s.

Molayne is in his early 20s.

Acerola is in the same boat as Phoebe, being unplacable but definitely Older than she Looks.

There is no age restriction for the Elite Four and Champion (even 10-year-olds can be in Elite Four or Champion), so Acerola is around the same age as Hau, Lillie or the player character (something 11, but Acerola is very smart for that age).

Also, Eevee users' ages here.
Kagetora: Late 40s.
Polly: 61
Jane: 65
Chad: 60
Ishaan: 59
Braiden: 59 or 61
Linnea: 51 or above
Rea: 67
Sakura: 64 (before she passed away)
Kira (Sakura's granddaughter): Around 6 to 11

Last edited:
There is no age restriction for the Elite Four and Champion (even 10-year-olds can be in Elite Four or Champion), so Acerola is around the same age as Hau, Lillie or the player character (something 11, but Acerola is very smart for that age).
That's fair. I wasn't even taking elite four into account, though, because I was manily focusing on her looking so young while also being a ghost type trainer.

Acerola herself has to be younger than 20, because the lore of SM states that Trial Captains must retire upon reaching that age.

Long post below!

Hoenn Ages:
Roxanne: 21-23 given how young Japanese teachers are.
Brawly: 25
Wattson: 70
Flannery: 16-19, she's probably the second youngest to Liza and Tate.
Norman: 30-32, he comes off as a very young dad to me.
Winona: 34
Liza and Tate: 8 or 9? They definitely aren't in the double digits yet.
Wallace: 25
Juan: 38-40
Steven: 25
Sidney: 25-29
Phoebe: 24
Glacia: Unknown.
Drake: Reaching his 80s.

Sinnoh Ages:
Roark: 24
Gardenia: 22
Maylene: 19
Crasher Wake: 35-40
Fantina: 31
Bryon: 39
Candice: 25
Volkner: 19-23
Flint: 19-23
Lucian: 27
Aaron: 21
Bertha: 80
Cynthia: 30

I always put the player characters at around 14 - 15. I find it hard to imagine a ten year old being allowed to journey across a country all by themselves, even if they have Pokemon by their side.

Keep in mind that the player’s Pokemon are initially quite weak, and the bad guys also have Pokemon, so they don’t have the advantage in risky situations just because a Pikachu is on their shoulder.

More ages! (Sorry if I do ones I've already done.

Lysandre is obviously around the same age as Sycamore. So is Diantha.

Cynthia's in her 30s I'm willing to bet.

Archie and Maxie are early 30s.

Tabitha is confirmed 27 and with Courtney... I honestly have no idea. Either she's got an ambiguous mental condition or she's a robot.

Archer is early 30s. Actually, you know what, let's just stick them all in their early 30s (except Giovanni. I did him already, I think).

N has a confirmed Age Range between 20-22 as of BW2.

Some may say Colress is in his 20s, however I disagree. He's in his early 30s.

Ghetsis is probably in his late 50s, honestly.

Some may say Colress is in his 20s, however I disagree. He's in his early 30s.

According to my predictions in Sun/Moon/USUM, Colress is around his mid 20s to early 30s (given SM/USUM is set 2 years after B2W2). Somewhat older than Molayne, but around the same as Olivia and Grimsley, or younger than Lusamine (who's in her 40+).

And yes, Sophocles might be around 13 to 17 (most probably 15), while his cousin Molayne is around his 20s.

Mohn might be also in his late 40s as well.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom