• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character ages in Pokémon Games

I mean, if you assume the player characters are 16-18, that sentence is still aplicable.

That's true I suppose, although Sonia and Leon don't appear to be that much older than 18 themselves. Maybe about 20? Telling someone only four years their junior to "leave this to the grown-ups" would be a bit strange.

That's true I suppose, although Sonia and Leon don't appear to be that much older than 18 themselves. Maybe about 20? Telling someone only four years their junior to "leave this to the grown-ups" would be a bit strange.
I believe that they are mid to late 20s, with Hop in his late teens.

That's true I suppose, although Sonia and Leon don't appear to be that much older than 18 themselves. Maybe about 20?

That’s probably correct. Leon definitely can’t be very far into his 20s - we know from his League Card that he became Champion at age 10, and yet Hop “remembers watching him on the telly” and also mentions that Leon trained at the Master Dojo “when we were both kids.”

Addendum: Hop also says at one point that Leon “promised him he’d become the Champion one day, and then went and did just that,” which is another piece of evidence that Hop was around and able to communicate before Leon was 10.

Last edited:
That’s probably correct. Leon definitely can’t be very far into his 20s - we know from his League Card that he became Champion at age 10, and yet Hop “remembers watching him on the telly” and also mentions that Leon trained at the Master Dojo “when we were both kids.”

I tend to think Leon (and Sonia as wel) is between 20-22. It's enough into adulthood where it would make sense for them both to be like "leave this to the aduts" while still allowing hop to have memories of Leon as a child

Plus the 20-22 age range is a time for big transitions (a lot of people graduate college at 21-22), which considering that Leon and Sonia both take on new career paths at that time it would make sense

These might fell more like headcanons but oh well:

Gloria/Victor, Hop, Marnie and Bede: 15
Sonia: 24
Leon: 25
Magnolia: 80
Milo: 23
Nessa: 24
Kabu: Late 40s to early 50s imo - maybe 49?
Bea: 17
Allister: 12
Opal: 88 (canon)
Gordie: 27
Melony: One year older then Kabu - 50 (?)
Piers: 25
Raihan: 26
Rose: 50s
Oleana: 40
Klara and Avery: 22
Mustard: 81
Peony: 45
Peonia: 16

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom