• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character borrowing from "Hypno's Naptime??" (Housou Spoilers)

Yeah, just slight color change.

Anyway, the Purple haired Oscar (Kinda more reddish though) was in the Contestant Room when they were announcing the results.

297.jpg

Habunake said:
Yeah, just slight color change.

Anyway, the Purple haired Oscar (Kinda more reddish though) was in the Contestant Room when they were announcing the results.

297.jpg

...Good GOD, how I hate Toshiki. :p He doesn't look pleased that Eriko is hugging him. Damned lucky smoe. >.>

Oh, and LOL at the kid on the far left. Talk about plain and stupid looking.

About a year after Pokemon began in Canada, I started a trainer fic (I was in the seventh grade. Cut me some slack) And my character designs were chosen from various background folks. The kid in the pink overalls was Miranda, my lead trainer's friend. There was a typical brown-haired boy I called Toby, too...

I think the repitition is kind of adorable. And it does make some degree of sense that trainers would move in the same circles and meet at events. Though, when they just *happen* to be on a new continent, it is a bit suspect...

AG50266.jpg

0006.jpg

That guy/girl (The character seems to switch genders sometimes.) with the blue sweater and white cap is the only one I've seen reappearing in the show at a bunch of random times. I thought I was the only one who noticed something like this, but I've been proven wrong. :p I wish I could find more pictures of him/her, because there have been at least like seven appearances. He's/She's never doing anything but standing around, unlike some of these other re-used characters...

And Just a few weeks ago, though, I caught a familier little girl in a recent episode. I think she was in a mid-Kanto episode before that.

theresheisagain.jpg

The guy with the blue and yellow stripped shirt... Maybe it's that he resembles Oliver from the Whirl Islands so much, but I have a strong feeling I've seen him elsewhere.

The fat guy with the blue and yellow shirt looks a hell of a lot like one of those kids from the Gonbe Capture episode. Exactly like, actually. (Just a little younger.)

And I think the dude with the cap (No, you ain't the only one who's noticed it. XD I nearly spat out my coke when I saw him in the Whirl Cup. :3) was in the Grand Festival. You know, as one of the faces that appeared on screen.

Yeah, I have also noticed that cap dude.

Also, I think some of the people training their Pokemon in the recent Hoenn League episode also made appearances in the GF. It looked like reused footage to me.

Alfonso said:
And I think the dude with the cap (No, you ain't the only one who's noticed it. XD I nearly spat out my coke when I saw him in the Whirl Cup. :3) was in the Grand Festival. You know, as one of the faces that appeared on screen.
I was so sure that I saw that. But when I didn't find a pic of it at SPP, I figured I was just remembering it wrong. :p

tomomomomomo1.jpg

Gravy no desu.

0015.jpg

Cela est à Serebii.

Some guy named Tomono (thanks, Alfonso), from one of the recent episodes, and some other guy who makes and sells Corsola-coral sculptures, from The Corsola Caper.

Last edited:
Kthleen said:
tomomomomomo1.jpg

Gravy no desu.

0015.jpg

Cela est à Serebii.

Some guy named Totomo, from one of the recent episodes, and some other guy who makes and sells Corsola-coral sculptures, from The Corsola Caper.

wtfffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Tomono, actually. But good find, ^_^

:0

*goes to check the episode* Like... now. :O

Sweet/Neesha from the first film is also the character "Lass" from the trading card game, interestingly.

*ponders Mr. Fuji vs. Doctor Fuji*

Except that Mr Fuji and Dr Fuji look nothing alike. I'll grant that Mr Fuji never appeared on the show, but I can't see him looking *that* different.

It would be *really* interesting if they were related, though.

There's about four different Fuji's kicking around the cards, games, anime and manga. Maybe it's like the Jenny/Joy thing....

But the Fuji from the cards is the same one as in the games. Compare the art from "Mr. Fuji's Compassion" to the Fame Checker picture in FR/LG.

In the manga? The closest I can think of off the top of my head is the old man with the deceased Doduo from Special. Is that him?

I'm thinking FR and LG must stand for Fire Red and Leaf Green. I have a gameboy pocket, so no games will I ever check *laugh*. I was joking when I refered to them as a joy/jenny syndrome, though that could be something we blame all the background extras on.

The manga Mr. Fuji (avec dead doduo, yes ma'am) look basically like the cardgame Mr. Fuji, and, I assume, the gameboy Mr. Fuji. And then we have the film Fuji, with his Mister Swirly hairdo, and Ono manga Fuji. They're obviously not meqant to be the same. It's just bizarre that the name has popped up again. But that's happened before in the show, so it's probably nothing. Or maybe the name has a meaning that was appropriate for both minor characters (something to do with Mount Fuji, I guess?).

moreover, Doctor Fuji's name is never really mentioned in the film. It only starts to show up when you add specials and dramas and theater-books onto it. In English, he's "The Professor" in the art books and "Professor Smith" in the novella adaptation. When you kill people off in ten minutes, they really don't get this level of analysis. o_O

Yeah, I think so.

That old lady on the bench kinda looks like the TR Recruiter with diffrent hair.

She also appears in "To Master the Onixspected".

You think they are secret fans of Ash?
And talking of recurring fans...that red-haired girl turns up in Thursday's episode! :rolleyes:

The kid from the Octillery episode is very similar to Max. They even have the same dub voice!

66btoh

66btjn

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom