• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character customization

I really hope they put some kind of custumization with the clothes too... I think people liked a lot in XY

Yes, I could there being some tropical/ beach clothes to buy. And maybe shell jewelry.

I'm so happy we have skin/hair color customization, that was like my #1 concern.
I don't care much about clothes, although it'd be nice if we could have more options, but if we don't it's not a big deal for me.
What I do hope for is a way to change hairstyle and color, I hate male characters with long hair. I like having my characters looking as myself as much as possible. and if we could remove the hats/headgear, I'd be happy too (but I doubt it since we've never had a hatless character).

Last edited:
13265838_884133121716193_3364052454579248395_n.png
A funny image for a very real opinion. I hope it comes back, it was a nice way to make the protagonist unique to each game. It was also great for the online battles, because it made you feel like you were actually fighting a myriad of different people, rather than yourself or a female you over and over. If it does come back, there are some things I'd definitely like to see.
  • Give the guys more options, I was seriously depressed when I saw how little we could actually do. Especially with the hair, let us grow it out if we want.
  • Let me take off my damn hat! What if I don't want to wear it. Yes player characters have always had hats, but GF's broken so many traditions lately what's one more?
  • More and crazier hair colours. Forcing us into a natural shade to start with is fine, but do they really expect me to believe that a hair salon in THE BIGGEST CITY IN THE REGION only has five different dye colours, and all natural shades? What was Team Flare stealing that too?

Although I am not entirely for character customizatipn, the default male PC has shoulder length hair. If this means that I can travel the region with a pony tail hipster look, then MAYBE I can accept it.

Remove the hat and switch it for something else, or go with nothing at all! I'd love to have my girl be able to wear a ribbon or headband instead of a hat...

Jewelry. Give us accessories, like a bracelet, gloves (fingerless or otherwise), necklaces, etc.

GOOD GLASSES OPTIONS PLEASE

Also I would have loved for the option to pick a body-type at the start of the game too (like, give you the option to be overweight) but it looks like that's a no-go. :(

If it does return (which I hope) I want to be able to remove the unflattering hat that the female protagonist wears. Ribbons, gloves, jewelry, and glasses are cool ideas for customization, I want my character to wear a cute pair of glasses with some cute jewelry. Also I want tropical clothing for both genders to fit with the region.

I am tremendously happy that character customisation is returning. It is my favourite feature, and I'm sure it will be here to stay from now on. I hope character customisation will be improved on from XY in the following ways:

- Give us more hairstyles and hair colours (I want white hair like the cool kids)
- I am also hoping for more eye colours (Give me purple eyes Gamefreak)
- As others have said, I hope Gamefreak finally allows us to choose not to wear a hat (Stop forcing me to wear a hat Gamefreak, you're not my real mother).
- More clothing styles, especially for the male trainers (It is my hope that my trainer can one day wear an awesome coat. Even in Hawaii..)

I would like to see costumes like if I want to dress as a clown, I want to dress as a clown! Just give us much more diverse options for both genders. I want to take many minutes to decide on my clothes, not like in XY where I grew tired of the clothes and just randomly selected an outfit.

I wish GF would take a page out of Animal Crossing's book for customisation. The range of New Leaf's customisation options are extraordinary - and the blessed QR code reader is included as well, just in case you want to run around your town cosplaying as a member of Team Rocket or Link from Zelda.

Oh my god I just thought of something! In addition to the normal clothing purchases, you could also purchase "costumes" these would be like a clown, member of the current or past villainous teams, trainer classes, etc. But if you were to read an amiibo in the customisation screen, you'd gain a new costume, based on the amiibo you read, allowing you to run around Alola as Bowser, or Sonic, or Palutena, or Mewtwo, or whatever other amiibo you read. You would also keep these costumes in you list for the sake of convenience later on.

More hairstyles for the male PC would be nice this time. Though I suspect it's kinda hard in some ways to do that if they intend to restrict us to wearing a hat...

Let me remove the hat and if I can't don't leave the coolest hat until it's post game content.

Really really hoping it comes back, and from what I have seen, I think it might. Here are some things I really want:
  • More clothing options for the guy. Come on GF, men can have fashion too!
  • Glasses! Just a glasses option! I mean multiple kinds would be nice, but just the option t put glasses on my trainer would be awesome. If my trainer is supposed to be a representation of me, then she is seriously, seriously blind, and can barely see 3ft in front of her without glasses, because that is basically what I am. Even some sunglasses would be cool, since we are in a tropical region.
  • Other accessories, necklaces, bracelets, gloves.
  • Let trainers take off the hats. Let the hair breathe. I honestly don't like the female trainer's hat, and as I can see it is a popular opinion. I mean, I love Gloveworld as much as the next person, but I don't want to be wearing that on my head constantly. I would love to see the trainer being able to take off their hat.
  • More hairstyle and color options. I thought the color options were alright in XY, but there didn't seem to be a lot of styles. I don't even know how many the guys hair had and the girls had like 6 I think. Come on, there's os many different kinds of hairstyles out there. Though I have to say I like the female trainer's hairstyle in this game, it's extremely cute.
That's about it. If I have this, and more clothing options all around, I will be content :)

Really really hoping it comes back, and from what I have seen, I think it might. Here are some things I really want:
  • More clothing options for the guy. Come on GF, men can have fashion too!
  • Glasses! Just a glasses option! I mean multiple kinds would be nice, but just the option t put glasses on my trainer would be awesome. If my trainer is supposed to be a representation of me, then she is seriously, seriously blind, and can barely see 3ft in front of her without glasses, because that is basically what I am. Even some sunglasses would be cool, since we are in a tropical region.
  • Other accessories, necklaces, bracelets, gloves.
  • Let trainers take off the hats. Let the hair breathe. I honestly don't like the female trainer's hat, and as I can see it is a popular opinion. I mean, I love Gloveworld as much as the next person, but I don't want to be wearing that on my head constantly. I would love to see the trainer being able to take off their hat.
  • More hairstyle and color options. I thought the color options were alright in XY, but there didn't seem to be a lot of styles. I don't even know how many the guys hair had and the girls had like 6 I think. Come on, there's os many different kinds of hairstyles out there. Though I have to say I like the female trainer's hairstyle in this game, it's extremely cute.
That's about it. If I have this, and more clothing options all around, I will be content :)
Aw what!? You girls got SIX? We got effectively shaven, top of the ear, bottom of the ear, and slightly curled.
I also never thought about glasses though, I have no real interest in making my characters look like me and a glasses option would kinda cool.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom