• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character customizations?

Probably, since they're likely using the same mechanics/engine as they did for XY. And everyone loves it, so I don't see why not. Then again, everyone also loves May and Brendan, so maybe it'll just be clothes this time.

I don't think Game Freak are dumb enough to remove a fan favorite feature like character customization.

Character customization was a surprisingly enjoyable feature in XY. I'd like to have it again... especially when you think about Brendan's weird hat-thing. I'd like to have a character that has a hat that looks like a hat, not hair! ... or just take the hat off altogether. I never liked hats very much, in video games and in real life.

Oh yeah, and scuba gear would be nice for those diving routines. I still don't understand how the PC and their non-aquatic Pokemon could stay underwater and battle for such a long time.

They should psyc us all out and make it so it actually is his hair.

This needs to be a thing...though I find it odd that all the girls I know don't care for trainer customization but all the guys were in love with the feature (including me of course) maybe it's just the girls I know.

But anyways I think they will indeed keep this feature. Though I wonder how they will deal with the fact that your dad is supposed to be a gym leader. If you change your skin tone will his change as well? This could be a issue but I guess we will have to see.

If we still have to wear hats then they should take a page out of Brendan's book and make hats that look like hair.

I think that customization should return, but if May returns as a playable character I'm probably not changing the outfit for a while for nostalgia reasons.

I need more guy clothes
Yupyup
I only have 3 cool outfits atm
I needs moar!
Especially more t-shirts along the lines of the Pyroar shirt
That thing is awesome :D

Can the males have more clothing options, please? Also, DLC costumes would be cool (things like Team Magma/Aqua uniforms and such).

I agree with this. The male wardrobe wasn't that good. I am hoping they build upon was what started in XY.

The customisation feature was one of the best things about X/Y for me, so I hope it returns here. I spent ridiculous amounts of time piecing together the right looks and combinations.

That said, I hope they improve the male character's wardrobe, and maybe have some novelty/Pokemon cosplay outfits too, like they did in Pokemon Battle Revolution.

This does make me a bit hyped to see the new player character art.

I was thinking, will they redesign Norman to fit with whatever appearance we choose for the player character? I fear the feature might not return because of Norman.

I was thinking, will they redesign Norman to fit with whatever appearance we choose for the player character? I fear the feature might not return because of Norman.

Well, your mom in X and Y looks the same no matter what. So I don't see why your dad can also look the same even if you're a different race.
(Plot twist: you're adopted.)

I won't be upset if I can't change my character's skin color. But in terms of outfits, I like the idea of special costumes or uniforms. Magma Aqua grunt clothes would be cool, and I wouldn't mind having the option to wear Groudon or Kyogre gear, like Terrel and Marina in PBR.

As long as the default settings are May and Brendan then I'll be fine with customization.

I won't be upset if I can't change my character's skin color.
I would. I loved to play as a character with my actual skin color (or very close to it, at least) in XY. In fact, that matters more than different costumes, to me.

They didn't redesign the skin color of your mother in X/Y, so I personally don't think it would necessarily be required for them to do the same for your parents in ORAS, including Norman. I actually didn't even realize the mother in X/Y kept her light skin color until I read your post, haha.

I loved to play as a character with my actual skin color (or very close to it, at least) in XY. In fact, that matters more than different costumes, to me.

Just quoting this to let you know that I absolutely agree with you, I would much prefer changing skin color than clothes on the playable character.

If they let us choose race again, I don't see any reason to redesign Norman. They could just change the mom's skin tone.

I would say most definitely, it would be step down from X/Y for them to take away the customization features, and the same can be said for Amie and Super Training. I just personally hope the boy has more customization options, and more importantly is that we can remove the hat and accessories, because I am annoyed on how we seem forced to wear them in X/Y and I want that to be changed. Maybe a later update to X/Y will change that, but let's see if OR/AS does it first.

Now I know that the protagonists will still be Brendan and May, and I really hope that we get access to the outfits they wore in the original R/S/E, both the R/S version and the Emerald versions of the outfit, for the people who want to have nostalgia trips. After all, if HG/SS could give us the GB Sounds, than OR/AS should give us access to the original wardrobe, and I kind of wish they had the outfits for all the previous player characters before Gen 6 as well, both in X/Y (and eventually Z/XY2) and OR/AS, also for the purpose of nostalgia driven players.

Last edited:
I actually hope we dont get to customize i know this is a 6th gen remake and all nostolgia but i miss being forced to stay as default.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom