• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character customizations?

Can the males have more clothing options, please? Also, DLC costumes would be cool (things like Team Magma/Aqua uniforms and such).

I would much prefer being able to dress in the original Gen. 3 RSE outfits and get the outfits of the past player characters from Gen.1Red/Leaf to Serena/Calem

And being able to dress as the Gym leaders/Pokemon league from each game, AND as all the different trainer classes from all games.

That's kind of reaching, no way they'd be able to fit so many outfits into the games. That's like well over 300 different outfits and then taking into account the actual in-game clothing options...

Eh, I think they could fit quite a few. In fact, probably dozens and dozens more. I don't quite remember what the size of a 3DS cartridge is, but I know it's pretty big and even XY didn't get too close to full at all iirc.

Seriously?
tumblr_n45hwuhVW61r36bj2o2_r1_75sq.gif
How much space does XY take up?

Male hairstyles are hilariously limited, and they're all shoulder-length or shorter.

Not to mention that all of the options are plain, straight-haired cuts while the girls have some more interesting hair styles.

Eh. I'd say that neither gender got really good hair cut options. The one I use I don't even like, but I use it because I like the others less. =/

I know it's ridiculous to expect this from a remake of a game that never had this feature at all, but I really hope that this time around they make a drastic improvement to the customization. It probably won't happen, I know. =(

I'd love customization to be implemented again, and I like the idea of DLC clothing. Maybe if there is a Faraway Island Mew event and Red appears in it (Or somewhere else in the game), you could get his full outfit?

It would be nice to have DLC costumes based on Nintendo characters (like Link's outfit, Samus' Zero Suit, etc), but unfortunately The Pokémon Company doesn't seem to like referencing the Nintendoverse in Pokémon games. Can't really say I blame them, though.

It would be nice to have DLC costumes based on Nintendo characters (like Link's outfit, Samus' Zero Suit, etc), but unfortunately The Pokémon Company doesn't seem to like referencing the Nintendoverse in Pokémon games. Can't really say I blame them, though.

Which is funny considering how other Nintendo games LOVE referencing Pokemon.
It would be pretty cool to see other Nintendo characters' costumes as clothing. Sadly, as you mentioned, it's unlikely.

Calling it right now; if May is in this game, you will be able to buy her Diamond/Pearl series outfit in the game if trainer customization is also in.

This is a bit of a wishlist thing but;
Post-game clothing item you can get under the "Dress" category for male characters: Wes and Michael's outfits.

And that's a thing- give men the "Dress" option and just use it for "full-body" outfits rather than actual dresses.

This is a bit of a wishlist thing but;
Post-game clothing item you can get under the "Dress" category for male characters: Wes and Michael's outfits.

And that's a thing- give men the "Dress" option and just use it for "full-body" outfits rather than actual dresses.

Wait, Michael is wearing normal clothes.... ?
Also, Wes isn't really wearing a dress, it's more like a long coat. I don't think they'd put it into the dress category.

Don't see why not. May would like (though Dawn would love it more ;) )

I actually don't hope they bring back clothing or accessories. I never really dressed my characters up in X & Y nor did I have much of an interest to it. If they carried this over to ORAS then it would feel like taking away the focus from the main protagonists, May and Brendan.

tumblr_n3n1f4Fcma1r36bj2o6_75sq.gif
OMG So hopefully we get new clothes, new areas and a crop of brand-new Pokémon.

These are remakes, why would they add new Pokemon in a pre-established region? If anything, the "new" Pokemon will just be some evolutions added in Gen 4.

First of all, look at our entire conversation. We were talking about X and Y, not ORAS. They could easily reveal a new crop of 'mons in Z version (or whatever the hell they decide to do) Second of all, bye.
tumblr_n4wlzv7OcT1r36bj2o1_75sq.gif

First of all, look at our entire conversation. We were talking about X and Y, not ORAS. They could easily reveal a new crop of 'mons in Z version (or whatever the hell they decide to do) Second of all, bye.
tumblr_n4wlzv7OcT1r36bj2o1_75sq.gif

Well, even so, I don't see them adding a bunch of brand new Pokes other than possibly new Megas or the unreleased event Pokemon in Z, either~

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom