• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character customizations?

I hope to Arceus they include character customizations. That would make Hoenn perfect. The region of water? Beach wear, heck yes!
Maybe, but one loom on deviantart proves that the rule 34 community does NOT need to be spurred on.

I can assure you, GF will not factor in rule 34 when thinking of designing outfits for the protagonists.
Why?
Because the rule can be applied regardless, as Fairy Type Arceus said. That's WHY it's a rule. You can ALREADY find the Pokemon protagonists in beach outfits, just google search it.
Heck, you can find applications of the rule on CARTOONS. No, not anime, I mean actual cartoons, like Spongebob. So of COURSE it would exist for Pokemon.

Fair enough. Just be prepared ^_^

You say this AS IF there isn't already "rule 34"-esque content for Pokemon characters (and for the Pokemon THEMSELVES, mind you). There's nothing to be prepared for, it ALREADY EXISTS. Don't believe me? Google it.
Actually, I doubt people would make more of such content when it does exist, cuz there's no point. There's SO MUCH of it, it's gotten to the point that if you do a regular google image search (e.g. "Misty"), you'll find it within the first 10 results. (Yes, I checked.... for research purposes....)

Anyway, back on topic, as @Fairy Type Arceus; said, GF will not let Rule 34 hinder their character customization.

I hope to Arceus they include character customizations. That would make Hoenn perfect. The region of water? Beach wear, heck yes!
Maybe, but one loom on deviantart proves that the rule 34 community does NOT need to be spurred on.

I can assure you, GF will not factor in rule 34 when thinking of designing outfits for the protagonists.
Why?
Because the rule can be applied regardless, as Fairy Type Arceus said. That's WHY it's a rule. You can ALREADY find the Pokemon protagonists in beach outfits, just google search it.
Heck, you can find applications of the rule on CARTOONS. No, not anime, I mean actual cartoons, like Spongebob. So of COURSE it would exist for Pokemon.

Fair enough. Just be prepared ^_^

You say this AS IF there isn't already "rule 34"-esque content for Pokemon characters (and for the Pokemon THEMSELVES, mind you). There's nothing to be prepared for, it ALREADY EXISTS. Don't believe me? Google it.
Actually, I doubt people would make more of such content when it does exist, cuz there's no point. There's SO MUCH of it, it's gotten to the point that if you do a regular google image search (e.g. "Misty"), you'll find it within the first 10 results. (Yes, I checked.... for research purposes....)

Anyway, back on topic, as @Fairy Type Arceus; said, GF will not let Rule 34 hinder their character customization.
I know all that, I was just saying that I don't want a reason for the rule 34 community to get their second wind when it comes to May and stuff. Enough ruined childhoods already :p

I would love the addition of character customization, especially if there's a wider variety of clothing than X and Y. And I second the desire for beach wear—I've always felt that in real life I'd rather wear it while using Surf, in case I took a tumble from my Pokémon!

EDIT: Additionally, I can't imagine them removing character customization altogether. X and Y were the first main-series games that allowed you to play as a person of color, after all, and I can only imagine the amount of flak Game Freak would get for removing that option. And if the PSS returns, character customization will be just as useful for making your trainer stand out as it was in X and Y.

I truly hope they will bring over Character Customization. The original Idea for the Ingame Protagonists is that they are suppose to be you, not Red, not Ash, but You. Ingame customization is a Huge Step towards this, and would like them to expand on it in the future.

Yeah, just looked. It's never good news if you have to Google something because it's a taboo discussion point.
hihi.gif

I want to see more silly options like the Pangoro hat. Like, maybe a Metagross shirt or a Feebas hat or something. I demand bathos!

I hope there is character customisation in AS/OR. It was one of my favourite parts of the game in X/Y. I think it would make sense to, since they're both part of the same generation. Plus it would satisfy more people than if they left customisation out - people who didn't want to customise their characters could just leave them the default way. Personally, I'm okay with being forced to wear a hat. If they're going to force hats on everyone they should offer a wider variety of hats tho.

If they ever let us go to the Moon, I'd like to see Space Suits :)

Even if we don't go to space, they should include them. There's a space center, so an astronaut outfit would look cool.

Hmmm... A spacesuit would be a bit out of place, even for pokemon... maybe some fancy cadet's fatigues would suit a bit better.

More clothes... more.... I want to be able to wear pokemon costumes!!! I doubt they will ever make Vulpix Costume. But wearing Pikachu or Deddene's costumes is good enough.... will be awesome!!!

Also I want to be wear Team Magma or Aqua or better, TR's costumes....

And more customize for hair. The hairstyles and hair color in XY are too limited....

Also we need to be able to transfer clothes from XY plus more clothes in Hoenn will be good too...

Since my X and Y outfit is almost certainly going to come back (or at least, something similar) there's only two things I really hope for.
1) The ability to go hatless.
2) The ability to use a backpack. I mean, seriously, I'm getting tired of the messenger bags. I want a good 'ol backpack again.

Since my X and Y outfit is almost certainly going to come back (or at least, something similar) there's only two things I really hope for.

They said in an interview they don't let you take off the hat because they use it as a way to identify the protagonist.

They said in an interview they don't let you take off the hat because they use it as a way to identify the protagonist.
Ugh that's like one of the most lame excuses i ever heard in my life, people should identify the protagonist by his physical appearance and not by the damn hat he's wearing.

Ugh that's like one of the most lame excuses i ever heard in my life, people should identify the protagonist by his physical appearance and not by the damn hat he's wearing.

In their defense, they've always give the PC some sort of headgear, so I can understand it not being removable (which would have been a much better defense than "letting you identify the protagonist") and it's the main reason I'm fine with not letting it be removed. But I just wish they'd have given a few more options for headgear. With Kalos being PokeFrance, I was shocked by the lack of berets, though there was something a bit similar for females.

I suspect we'll get bandanas back, assuming May still has one in her ORAS design, and Brendan's knit hat. Maybe they could give headbands, ribbons, or sweatbands for headgear or something like that. That'll give more options for people who don't like the hats.

Granted, my position still stands that they don't owe us anything with customization and that we should just be grateful for what they gave us since they didn't have to give us the option in the first place.

I don't understand that statement. Customisation in general would allow the easy identification of your character. I would hope that customisation will improve with every new game, and I hope that will lead to the option of not wearing a hat, hopefully sooner rather than later.

I don't understand that statement. Customisation in general would allow the easy identification of your character. I would hope that customisation will improve with every new game, and I hope that will lead to the option of not wearing a hat, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Its a typical Masuda answer that's why. Yes, a hat identifies the protagonist, amongst the many NPCs who wear some sort of head gear (because let's face it, what Nate has is barely a hat)

Its like how he mentions how there is no war in Pokemon because people wand Pokemon would find another way to solve their problems in the same generation where the back story was two brothers who used their Pokemon and fought a war with each other because they couldn't agree on whether the world should pursue truths or ideals. I mean seriously, are we the only fandom where the lead guy in the franchise contradicts everything in his own games? Like.....his statements make him seem more delusional than Lysandre.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom