• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character customizations?

Oh, I would hope we'd get character customization back! I have a major story involved with these games, and it would be kinda sucky not being able to customize my boys (Kaleb and Nick) in these games. =/ But eh, if Brendan comes back, I can live. xD.
I would hope there'd be more clothes for boys. Yes yes yes! Especially hoodies and tank tops. ;D As well as the option to take off the hat. Or more options for the hat, at least.
And, like many others here, I'd hope there'd be more hairstyles/hair colors/eye colors, etc! It'd be so fun to experiment with new hairstyles and whatnot. o3o. If it didn't come back, i'd be very disappointed. =/

Sure, no hats sounds great! WHAT THE HELL AM I SAYING!?!?!?!?!? I am never wearing a hat again!! Ugh, I like hair, not hats! I personally want the ability to unlock Brendan and May's default outfits in XY, what I mean is with Wireless Mystery Gift, if you're a boy, (which I am) you get Brendan's hat, contacts of his eye color, his jacket, pants, and shoes. Same with May's clothes, IF you play as a girl. I want my cuffed jeans, Brendan's jacket, either no hat or my red fedora, and his shoes. Maybe even gloves! If no hats does happen, you should be able to customize your hair, for example, my perfect character for me in my head is spiky yellow hair coming off of a kid's face, with Ethan's jacket unzipped, blue jeans with Poke Balls on the belt, and green sneakers. I might even come up with that sprite!

Since my X and Y outfit is almost certainly going to come back (or at least, something similar) there's only two things I really hope for.
1) The ability to go hatless.

They said in an interview they don't let you take off the hat because they use it as a way to identify the protagonist.

I don't understand that statement. Customisation in general would allow the easy identification of your character. I would hope that customisation will improve with every new game, and I hope that will lead to the option of not wearing a hat, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Well, maybe the 'hat' is what actually people remember the character best by. Yes, we customize them, but the player characters, by default, are Brendan and May. They represent us, but in the form of Brendan and May formats.

I do want them to take off their hats, but I won't be complaining if they can't. It would be weird if we're given beachwear and Brendan wears a knit hat, though...

Well, I want the original Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald outfits available from the start. Not being unlocked post-game. What Gen-III-Player themed outfits should be unlocked post-game? Red and Leaf's outfits. Although, when fighting Red in the Sevii Islands, you should still be able to tell Brendan apart by his face. And maybe we can be able to remove the hats.

Also, in my fanfiction of ORAS, you go for a stroll with May/Brendan on Fridays. Better to use May as an example. When you talk to May on Route 101 on Fridays, she starts following you and when you take her to the boutique, you can change her outfits. Yep, your rival gets customization too! And more male outfits is okay too.

However, swimwear could cause parental concern. Why? Because pervs can dress May in a bikini. And, isn't it inappropriate to go around in public in a bikini when you're not close to a beach? Yeah, I don't think GF would allow you to wear swimwear. Bikinis are left to swimmers.

And maybe you can have all the XY customization options other than the default outfits.

Character customization should be back because a lot of people want it, I really don't care about it (never played X/Y) but just because I don't want it dosen't mean it shouldn't be in the game right?

If there's the option I would use it, but make very limited, like, just changing outfits. In reality it would be very neat if it was something like this (I'm referring to the hair and clothes option). But the option to use all clothes to both characters seems interesting, like Animal Crossing.

I personally hope they either make the whole "fashionableness" (IIRC?) mechanic a little more tangible and less mysterious or do away with it altogether. I never did unlock the Lumiose Boutique, and that leaves the clothing options even more limited than they already are. And I usually play as the male PC.

I personally hope they either make the whole "fashionableness" (IIRC?) mechanic a little more tangible and less mysterious or do away with it altogether. I never did unlock the Lumiose Boutique, and that leaves the clothing options even more limited than they already are. And I usually play as the male PC.

I wouldn't worry to much about having to be fashionable in Hoenn. Seems more fitting for the big, fancy, Lumiose that thrives on popularity than anywhere else. Also, being fashionable just generally entails doing everything you can do in Lumiose. Make PR Videos, go to the Museums, work at the hotel, go to cafes and restaurants, buy sh*t you don't need (Premier Balls, I believe are a considerable boost if you buy them one at a time). Doesn't really take long at all; it can actually be done in one sitting.

Hope there's customisation, the design of May/Brenden looks eh

I sure hope trainer customizations are in the game, since it made every player feel distinct and unique. If everyone looked exactly the same, I don't think interacting with others would be as interesting.

Also, maybe we can have outfits that look like the ones Brendan and May wore in Ruby and Sapphire? That would be very nice for those who want a dose of nostalgia or dislike the new outfits.

I'm almost definitely sure that we'll have access to the Brendan's and May's original outfits.

Also we need Brendan's hat in every color of the rainbow.

Like X and Y, I really like the new outfits just fine and I doubt I'll really be using customization except to wear the main outfit in a different color, which hopefully comes in blue for May, similar to Serena's.

Ugh, I'm really hoping customization's still an option now. Honestly, the new protagonist designs are terrible. Brendan's crosseyed and poor May looks malnourished. Knees and noses are apparently overrated in Hoenn. The in-game models are better but still blegh.

I sure hope trainer customizations are in the game, since it made every player feel distinct and unique. If everyone looked exactly the same, I don't think interacting with others would be as interesting.

Yeah, the PSS pretty much requires customization so you can keep track of your friends and acquaintances. And since the PSS is probably not leaving, neither is customization.

I think it would be completely silly to keep this feature as a gimmick, just for XY. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and look forward to seeing it get better.

Evidently, while the page itself doesn't make reference to customization, it does make reference to the clothes being athletic wear.

Of course you can choose a boy or girl, and instead of a rival, it mentions the opposite character will appear to act as your “support”. It does not mention the ability to change clothes, but only that their clothes are light and unique activewear for easy movement and traversing around the great outdoors.

I don't see why they'd bother mentioning how practical their clothes are if there isn't a "change clothes" option.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom