• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character customizations?

I hope they leave out the fedora.
Except some people want to use fedoras, so I don't see why they should remove them.

Anyway, after seeing the new character designs for the mcs, I am really hoping customization is back.

The new character designs look like they are made for character customisation. But I do wonder if we'll get haircuts too?

I hope that character customization comes back and is expanded. I'd like to see everything from XY return plus tons of new stuff. Like, at least 5-10 new pieces in every category for each gender (and extra for guys, since their selection was lacking in XY). Definitely would like to see some more tropical style clothes, maybe some different swimsuits/swim wear. But I'd also like to see some more formal and sharp attire like suits and tuxes and ties (think Steven Stone...or the Doctor XD). A "no hat" option would be great, but since it won't happen, I'd like to have some better options. Preferably a Fez, a Stetson/cowboy hat, etc. (Yeah, Doctor Who!)

One of the screenshots seems to show npc May without a hat. (Or does it? The... bandana ribbon thing maybe actually is just at the front)

Following suit on XY screenshots, I'm guessing this would be correlated to customization... and to not being able to take off your hat.

One of the screenshots seems to show npc May without a hat. (Or does it? The... bandana ribbon thing maybe actually is just at the front)
Do you mean this one?

b2cf2b85ee11691ab8dd0df60a1fd958.png

I think you can see one side of her ribbon poking out on the right side of her head.

That aside, character customization would be fun, but I wouldn't expect to see it added in OR/AS, since they're remakes. Customization in the first place was tied in strongly to Kalos' setting, which had a lot more metropolitan locations than Hoenn does. The difference in city sizes between the two probably has more to do with GBA system limitations than design, but Hoenn is still more rural (especially when you consider the place it's based on), so adding a game mechanic designed to illustrate a high-fashion setting wouldn't be fitting.

Although I speculated about the boutique being useful for getting gloves for the MC's, I'm only 50/50 on the idea that we'll get customization. The reason for this is like I originally said, that the characters are iconic, and thus it would feel like you are dressing them up instead of an in-game avatar of yourself, but also because the new designs are too stylized to be changed. I mean sure I can see them with other outfits, but Brendan having a tan from the get go makes the parameters for that character too specific to have the skin-tone changed from the get-go.

Here's how I see it: They've dropped the 2D character and pokemon sprites in X and Y in favor of full 3D models same goes for the environment. They also dropped the set character appearance in favor of customization so I highly doubt they're going to go back now.

As someone mentioned earlier, with the PSS being what looks to be a permanent feature I can't imagine them not having customisation.

But I still demand a Wes/Rui costume.

As someone mentioned earlier, with the PSS being what looks to be a permanent feature I can't imagine them not having customisation.

But I still demand a Wes/Rui costume.

Ohhh, they can add costumes of other known Pokemon characters too.

A sum up of what people want

1. Team Magma/Aqua outfits
2. Old RSE outfits
3. Famous NPC outfits, like the champion or gym leaders
4. Beachwear
5. Fancy outfits for contests
6. More clothing/hair options for boys

Other famous character costumes sounds good, but I think they should be exclusively non-Hoenn NPCs. Can't have you running around in Oak's lab coat, for example.

But in general it'd be nice if they would add something male to the "dress" category.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom