• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character customizations?

Want:
- The ability to take the hat off if I want to.
- May's bandana back (even though I doubt it will return now).
- No roller skates in general, lol, was so annoying and I don't get while people loved them so much.
- Better button accessories for the hats (the accessories for them in XY looked like fake plastic gems that you get at a 99p store).
- More clothing items with the PokéBall icon on them, ect.
- More styles of shoes, trainers, high tops, flip flops would be pretty cool for Hoenn? Lol.

In general, I think customization has to return, and I know it's a silly reason to say so but, them giving May a bow tie thingy in stead of a bandana makes me think it will return, I don't know why, I just assume. That bow tie is ridiculous anyway lol.

Well, I hope there's more outfits for these two MCh so we can customize as we like for sure besides Brendan's Emerald clothes and May's modified original outfit (pretty cute for May when I saw the preview on the Coro Coro Magazine here....xp)

I need the ability to change May's hair tie thingy to something else. It makes her look like a 5-year old. Other than that, the ability to have the hairstyles/colors AND outfits of other MCs would be awesome. I could be Hilda in Hoenn :)

Oh I do hope customization of pc will stick around. I'm actually worried that maybe they'll take it away on this Gen. But its been such a big success it would be ashamed if they did. I look forward to new boutiques with new hoenn fashions!

I want a Mega Brooch just like Steven. Maybe not as a key stone holder, but for fashion?

Actually, I really like the idea of several different key stone holder accessories. Chances are we're stuck with the Mega Bracelet, but it'd be awesome if we had other choices like rings, brooches, necklaces, pins, etc.

I really hope customization returns. Even if it was an X/Y gimmick, we loved it, so they'll probably make it available. But likely post-E4.

Maybe the redesigns are the default outfits, but a special outfit for retro designs will be an option, maybe even two of them, one for Brendan and May's R/S outfit and their Emerald outfit. I think Magma or Aqua outfits should actually be utilized, where, like in Hg/Ss, where you changed into a Rocket uniform to infiltrate their base in Goldenrod, maybe you have to change into a Magma or Aqua uniform to sneak into their base, and the outfit becomes cosmetic after the main game is completed. I think that's a cool idea.

I'm really curious about what the hairdos will look like for this game: Brendan's hair (to me) looks pretty similar to one of the XY boy styles, but May's hair is obviously nothing like what's available in XY.

I don't think hairdos are something that will be showcased pre-release unless they do a feature specifically on customization (reminding players it's coming back, highlighting any new things, etc).

The reason I'm stuck on May's hair though is this: all of Serena's hairstyles in XY have a similar basic shape (especially evident around the face regardless of whether or not bangs are chosen). Tacking Serena's style onto May would feel… off to me. I can see them doing variations on May's hair (with the default being "short") and the front part staying essentially the same, but with May's weird sideburn style this might end up looking pretty weird, haha!

EDIT: You know what we really need in customization? Booty shorts for the boys. Gettin real tired of only the female pcs getting the short shorts!

Last edited:
I'm really curious about what the hairdos will look like for this game: Brendan's hair (to me) looks pretty similar to one of the XY boy styles, but May's hair is obviously nothing like what's available in XY.

I don't think hairdos are something that will be showcased pre-release unless they do a feature specifically on customization (reminding players it's coming back, highlighting any new things, etc).

The reason I'm stuck on May's hair though is this: all of Serena's hairstyles in XY have a similar basic shape (especially evident around the face regardless of whether or not bangs are chosen). Tacking Serena's style onto May would feel… off to me. I can see them doing variations on May's hair (with the default being "short") and the front part staying essentially the same, but with May's weird sideburn style this might end up looking pretty weird, haha!

EDIT: You know what we really need in customization? Booty shorts for the boys. Gettin real tired of only the female pcs getting the short shorts!

I'm in the same boat as you, if they do new hairstyles how would they be, considering how May's hair is kinda...unique. Unless they do some drastic changes but the it wouldn't feel like May it's better to just drop the hair customization

Brendan with short shorts? If this happens plus the crosdressing option I will buy a 3DS with no regrets! :D

Last edited:
The game will be ruined for me if it doesn't have customization.
I can hardly enjoy any games without it these days.

I honestly would be really happy if they took away the gendered clothing all together. I mean, they wouldn't do that of course... because people are weird. However, I think it would be way less restricting in general, though Brenden and May have very different models so I doubt that it would work. It would just kind of help with the shallow clothing pool from X/Y.

One feature I don't expect to see, but would love regardless, is the ability to win articles of clothing from certain trainers or such. For instance, a certain Hiker might give you the Hiker's Rucksack for beating him, and another might give you the Hiking Boots, and so on and so forth, with the net result being the ability to earn that trainer class' entire wardrobe by the end of the game. For one-off characters like Gym Leaders, this would provide an additional incentive to rebattling them (especially if their teams continued to get stronger like they did in Emerald). I had kind of hoped for this feature before X and Y, after customization had been announced, and while those games DID give you the option to set your portrait in the PSS to other characters/trainer classes, it just wasn't the same as getting to run around in costume or mix and match trainers' wardrobes to better match your own style.

One feature I don't expect to see, but would love regardless, is the ability to win articles of clothing from certain trainers or such. For instance, a certain Hiker might give you the Hiker's Rucksack for beating him, and another might give you the Hiking Boots, and so on and so forth, with the net result being the ability to earn that trainer class' entire wardrobe by the end of the game. For one-off characters like Gym Leaders, this would provide an additional incentive to rebattling them (especially if their teams continued to get stronger like they did in Emerald). I had kind of hoped for this feature before X and Y, after customization had been announced, and while those games DID give you the option to set your portrait in the PSS to other characters/trainer classes, it just wasn't the same as getting to run around in costume or mix and match trainers' wardrobes to better match your own style.

This would be an awesome feature! Collecting all of the clothing could be a fun little sidequest.

I hope they have customization, it was a great feature in XY. Maybe easier ways to unlock the top stores, I never could be bothered unlocking the expensive stores in XY.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom