• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: Character Development Den (Questions)

Ghostsoul

"You can order me around and I'll disappoint you!"
Reaction score
Here's a place for us to develop characters based on a kind of Q&A style of dialogue.

Basically, I'll write a question here, you answer them in the style of any number of your characters, and then also leave a question for someone else.

Answering questions should be a good way to understand part of your character's psyche you weren't so sure about, or something you about them perhaps you didn't even anticipate.

(If the answers contain spoilers, answer them anyway, but you can put them in the spoiler tag).

Here's the first one:
Which of the 4 'Traditional Elements' do you think fits you best? And why?

I really do like this idea.

"I would say I suit the element of water most, as I am also fluid and adaptable to many constraints should that prove a necessity."

"Is there someone you greatly admire? If so, why is that?"

Last edited:
I'm going to admit this would never be put in my fanfic, and this answer is more a result of a meme. Don't let your memes be dreams, kids.

(Shin the kiddo totodile from Phantom Project) "Oh, well, there's my mom and dad, of course, and both of them are always talking about this Ho-Oh creature like it's so strong and amazing. It's a legendary fire bird or something, but I don't know for sure 'cause they only really whisper about it... They must be waiting till I'm older to tell me all the stories! I can't wait! Oh, and they always use the word 'abomination' when talkin' about Ho-Oh for some reason? I don't know what that means, but it sounds so cool!"

Next question: What's your character's favorite childhood memory?

Evelina Joy: "Does sixteen count as childhood? I'm counting it as childhood. It would be that time we went on pilgrimage to the Full Moon Shrine for Lammas. You know, that one on the north side of Mt Moon? I can't remember the last time we all managed to have time off at the same time, Mother, Aunt Immey, Alison, my cousins from New Bark (Though not Riley, thank the gods). We actually walked it, like a proper pilgrimage, got there just before Summer's End, in time to watch the Lammas Day fights. I could actually drink the sacred beer, which was awesome, and the guy who won the Lammas tourney was ... well, we ended up going out. He was a really good sabreur. I don't know. It felt like a normal family, I guess."

Q: What have you got in your pockets?

Michael: "Well, 'Gollum,' I certainly don't have your precious in my pocket. But seriously, I don't really use my pockets, mainly because of a genetically-locked pack that's basically a bag of holding. I just use them for my phone, wallet, spare change, and a pen or two. Although right now, I have added a belt pouch for my deck in case I have to help save the world by playing a children's card game. Yeah, I know."

What's one of your favorite things to do?

"I like... to cook. I get food out of it... It's something to do." -Red

Q: Why is stealing wrong?

Vanessa: Why exactly does it have to be wrong? A lot of people think it, but that is simply because those corporate types have been running the world since before there even was a corporate type to be. Their influence on society in protection of their own products and assets has filtered into our collective conscious like a disease, so even those who are at the bottom of the barrel with little hope of surviving on their own view such actions as criminal and ungodly, for fuck's sake. Just steal, for crying out loud. Why do we have to restrain ourselves in times of need? Why should we have to let those at the top dictate how we survive and live our lives? Steal and fuck the consequences. At least in jail you'd be fed a decent meal.

Oh, sorry, was that a little bleak? In that case, stealing is bad. No, naughty naughty, don't do that, grrr! That bette?

Q: What Pokemon do you wish could evolve further?

Julia: "Oh! I'd love to see Rapidash evolve! I love Rapidash as it is, really I do, and Twilight just can't wait to evolve into one, but wouldn't it be super cool if Rapidash could evolve further? Like, it could grow wings like a pegasus and be able to fly! Only if it kept its horn, it would technically be an alicorn, not a pegasus. An alicorn is a horse with both wings and a horn, so it'd be weird to call it just a pegasus or a unicorn with wings. I remember drawing a picture of a Rapidash with wings once when I was eight. I think I called it...Pegapsrint or something."

Q: Do you love your Pokemon?

Freya: Yes, I think I do. Especially Nimue. She's been with me for as long as I can remember, so she's become like a sister to me. I simply can't imagine a world without her.

Q: I wonder, what is it that scares you the most?

"Ha ha ha ha... I am the High Priest of Helix, I cannot be scared by any mortal means. But if I'd have to pick something, I suppose it would be Dome gaining any more footing than he already has." - Red

Q: "While we're on the subject... what is your god, and what makes you so sure he's the right one?"

"I don't have a god, and I don't need one. I've heard enough preaching over the years, man. I buy none of it. Seriously, absolutely none of it. My parents think it's me being rebellious like some angsty teenager even though I'm in my twenties already. Well, whatever. What do they know?" - Annie from Love and Other Nightmares

Q: Who's the closest friend you've ever had?

Joshua Cook: "... it can't be Grey, can it? I'm a-thinking back, and I can't think of anyone else. It's a-going to have to be Grey, on the basis that I saw him afore I left Mulberry."

Evelina Joy: "I know what you mean. I'm thinking as well, and maybe Leofwyn, but I haven't seen her in how long. Or any of the others"

Q: What's your favourite mode of transport and why?

From A Sine of Things to Come.
Peter Sine: "... The magnet train. It goes fast, goes to many places, and always goes on-time."

Two parter question.
Q: What sound or noise do you love? What sound or noise do you hate?

this is a good thread. i ended up answering all the questions aha

"Wind when it rushes past my ear, it's definitely the best. The way it cackles and gives me energy... I don't know, there's just something about it that fills me with happiness... But what do I hate? People complaining, for sure." - April White

Q: Why are you doing what you're doing?

Sarah:
Fighting gives me purpose...it reminds me of what my life used to be and makes me feel like there's still a place for me in the world...truth be told, I'm scared of what will happen to me if there's ever peace in my life.

Sombra: I guess for love. I myself don't have a clear reason for why I fight against the Ultra Beasts, but if it's what she wants then I'll go to the depths of the earth. That and, at this point I can't turn back, I've already taken this burden in place of others that would've been just as willing.

Do you have anyone you would give your life for?

Arthus Zoroark: "The only ones I would have given my life for are either dead or traitors. Don't ask me again!"

Question: What has been your greatest challenge?

Marcus, From Raindrops: My greatest challenge? Well, I can't say I've had many "great challenges" in the first place. I tend to focus on other people's problems rather than my own. I've been told numerous times that I ought to think more about myself, so maybe that's my greatest challenge: Learning to be a little more selfish. With any luck, I'll be awful at it.

Question: What kind of weather relaxes you? Excites you? Puts you on edge?

Markus, from Flying in the Dark: "I can't say it matters what the weather's like when you're stuck inside a prison cell more hours in the day than not, but at night when it's quiet I can sometimes hear the rain pattering on the roof and sliding away to fall on a part of the earth I'm not sure I'll ever be able to see or touch freely again. It's soothing and suffocating at the same time... I'm not quite sure how to explain that properly, but there it is."

Question: What places in the world do you want to visit someday?

"Wherever Pokémon dare to tread. That's where I want to be." -Nogal (Two Perfect Cowards)
"I feel the sultry tobacco plantation of my beloved Alola beckoning me, whisking me away from the stupor of this soulless city I carved my throne out of." -Adamon (Two Perfect Cowards)
"Pika...pika-ka. Chu." -Chuki (Two Perfect Cowards) (translated: I'll go where Nogal goes)

Question: "Tell me your worst fears. Feed them to me, ungodly fleshling, I wanna taste them. In return, I'll show you Oblivion." -The Unknown (Two Perfect Cowards)

Last edited:
"Expose my weaknesses to an otherworldly power? Nice try. Not that you could impress me with anything you did, anyway - I speak to the god of chaos on a regular basis." - Red

(Author's note: Spiders. He's scared of spiders. And death.)

"So, ever killed anyone? Would you?"

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom