• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: Character Development Den (Questions)

"Food, if I can help it. Meals are a twisted concept for me. If someone wants to sit down, it's usually at a cafe or restaurant, and you don't always get to pick. But it's always gotta be a sandwich or something like that. That way, you can eat and run, in case the meet goes bad. Or good, depending. Plus, IUIJ stopped comping meals after a camera operator was found paying for sources' meals - she wasn't an idiot, all our field tech have journalism degrees, too. Personally, I'm not sure they crossed any ethical lines, but the editor's desk does not agree. I'm biased, though. I'm sick of cheap sandwiches at 3AM, though they gave everyone doing groundwork a raise, so I can't complain. Though I'm sure not buying anyone's breakfast."
—Simon K. Dale​

What were you like five years ago?

"Five years... that'd be about a year after the Twitch. I went to junior high that year... I remember the integration of technology to education strengthening upon the change of schools. It made things more difficult for me, given the tech-phobia and all, but luckily the teachers were understanding.

The students, though... not so much. The majority was only silent and subtle about it, avoiding me and giving odd glances. That part I didn't mind - I'd never been a normal kid, so I was used to it. But then there were the ones who saw me as a fun new toy to play with. They would mock me, spread humiliating rumors about me... sometimes even trigger my phobia by flashing me with their phone screens.

I lost my temper a few times, I'll admit. Almost poked someone's eye out. I hoped it would teach them not to continue, but they always recovered from the shock. So I branched out, and in the process, learned a lot about different tactics. Lying, manipulation, stuffing someone's sandwich with rattata parts and framing another annoying individual for it... I loved that last one the best. The jolt he made when he realized what he'd bitten into... always makes me smile.

You know, it's funny how the people at that school would probably think now that it was the bullying that made me this way. But they'd be wrong. I've been on this track since birth. Anyway - fuck you, Wesley. You were a waste of human skin." - Red Akai

"Five years? Uhh... I've kinda lost track of time, not gonna lie. I guess back then I was still pretty new to living on my own, so I had less practical knowledge of things, but it wasn't wildly different from where I am now. And that's okay. A wildren's life is stable, and stable is what I like." - Scolipede Pletora

What do you look for in a companion?

Charlie (Charlotte): "Companion? Like friends or something like that? I dunno, that they're not a jerk or anything, I guess. I don't really have a lot of friends. Ryan says it's because other people think I'm moody and unapproachable. He also says they're right about the moody part, though."

"You got any... people on your mind?"

Aw, missed my chance to have morphs talk about eating live prey.

"You got any... people on your mind?"

"It is uncomfortable, but I have Laura on my mind very often. I try to have my [pokémorph] peers on my mind instead, when I can." -Salem

"Sure, who doesn't? I'm guessing you mean that in the infatuation sense, of course. And yeah, I've got my eye on someone most times. Pretty much never goes anywhere, though. It'd be hard for that to happen, so I don't fret about it too much." -Alisha

"Hell yes. Myself. Always thinking about what I'm gonna do and how I'm gonna do it." -Dusk

Is there something you can't yet do, but want to learn how or become able to?

Julia: "I'd really like to learn archery! It looks so cool! But there aren't any archery classes in my area, and my parents say I'm too young for it."
Amara: "Personally, I'd like to take more classes on dance again. I couldn't stand ballet, so I want to do something else, like jazz or hip-hop."
Perrine: "I've heard about Sky Trainers who fly around in suits and have Pokemon battles in the air. I wouldn't mind trying that out one of these days. It looks awesome!"

What would be your ideal day?

Charlie: "My ideal day? I dunno. Just a normal day, I guess. I'm not a fan of anything out of the ordinary, mostly. I like structure in my life."

"How do you relax?"

(responding to my own question to keep this thread alive some more)

Erinn: "I usually practice my Glyphs. I'm still pretty shaky, even if I am technically one of the best Glyph scribes alive. The title doesn't mean much when there's only three or four, though. Anyways, the practice is therapeutic, even if the learning experience came from something that wasn't."

"How do you like your steak cooked?"

"Well done, maybe even a bit burnt. I lived in the wilderness for four years; all parasites must be dead before I'll eat it." -Shirona

"Medium-rare, with plenty of spices." -Kotone

"Run the cow through sunlight and stick it on a plate." -Lena

"Um... could I get something besides steak? Maybe eggplant? A nice salad with tofu?" -Chris

"Medium and with spices. Wait, why are you adding Japanese Seven Spice?" -Lily

"Well done and spicy. Ghost peppers are a little mild for me, but they'll do." -Mipha

"... on second thought, I'll have Pokeblocks." -Zekintha

"What is your most favorite piece of technology from your world?"

(This one is hard to address from the perspective of a real life based character without ignoring the '"from your world" bit, so excuse me for doing that)

Charlie: "Favorite piece of technology? Weird question. I guess I don't really have a favorite? I kinda take all the gadgets and gizmos we've got for granted, like everyone else does. I do like my phone, though, especially now that I'm bedridden. It's nice to keep in touch."

"Have you ever dyed your hair a weird color? Would you? What color would it be?"

Charlie: "I like poppies. No real reason, to be honest. I just think they're pretty."

"What's the last thing you spent money on?"

"I spend most of my rec allowance on books. Usually they're non-fiction. The last one was a book about... please be patient. Anthropology. Yeah." -Salem

What position do you sleep in?

"With my head nuzzling between Kotone's-" -Shirona
"SHIRO! NO!" -Kotone

"Depends if Mistress remembers to untie me." -Lena
"I only forgot one time." -Shirona

"It's rather embarrassing..." -Lily
"She sleeps curled up like a kitten." -Lena
"I do not!" -Lily
"We've got photos." -Shirona
"Um, well, that is... uh... flashbomb and ninja vanish" -Lily

"I don't care, as long as I'm as far away from those four as possible." -Chris

"Slowly rotating in mid-air." -Zekintha
"Do you know how freaky that is?" -Chris
"Bite me." -Zekintha

"On my side. I snore if I sleep on my back." -Red

"Why are you here?"

Brian Donnel: "Here? What do you mean, here? If you mean this website, I just like to browse. It's fun to hear other people's stories, and it's fun to tell my own. There's plenty of things you might not be able to experience that some stranger behind a picture of a cartoon can tell you about in great detail."

"What's a silly secret that you have?"

Niall: Wow, I hadn't even started my job back then... I used to live back in Lilycove when I was in college. I felt so insecure, and didn't know what I wanted to do for a living. I also wasn't the most relaxed kind of person, ya know? But I'm pretty laid-back these days. Mossdeep's lovely atmosphere and scenery really helps with that, and I'm so glad I live here now.

Mystic: Five years ago, I decided to stay with Niall to satiate my curiosity about how humans lived their lives, and there gained an interest in becoming a helper at the Pokemon Centre. Now, these humans are scarily arrogant sometimes - Niall does not "own" me, all right? How shocked I was upon hearing humans refer to me like that. Makes me want to quit my job sometimes. Such idiots, when I, a psychic, have so much more power than them... know your place, humans.

Mystic: Yes... That silly young boy... Kirlia. Too scared to even say his own name, but wants to be a Psychic. How stupid.

Mystic: No, you fool! These blue ends aren't unnatural! Your close-mindedness is revolting. Please leave.

What's a silly secret you have?
Mystic: I can use my psychic powers to clean the whole living room in one fell swoop, but I'm not going to let Niall know that... hehe.

"What's a silly secret you have?"

"Well, when I was a kid I'd put Salem in dolls' clothes and stuff. She'd usually wriggle out, of course, but I kept trying. I liked to pretend she was really like Pers in Boots, and if I found the right things for her to wear that she would... I don't know. Not pretend that I'm the marquesa of anywhere, I guess. Talk, and be really cool, mostly. This is embarrassing to remember!" - Laura

Where do you see yourself in twenty years' time?

"Twenty years... by that time, I definitely expect to have ascended. I don't know how the flow of time will present itself to me after that, but it's likely that, for mortals, years will continue to exist. Not sure how long the mareep will last, though - a god could easily wipe out each one with a single thought, but the way HE speaks of it, it'll be more dramatic. The few worthy humans on Earth will be transformed into much stronger beasts and let loose to do as they please with their former siblings, no longer bound by laws or their frail vessels. The Helixian Kingdom will be rebuilt and watched over by HIM and me, merged as one. To keep things interesting, I'm sure HE intends to let some mareep live and reproduce. Can't have Nights of Wool without them, you know. Or a bunch of other rituals. It'd be a shame to let those traditions go." - Red (before Hunter, Haunted)

"So, uhh... change of plans. I'm pretty sure I no longer qualify for the position of god. It's been rough realizing this, but I'm fortunately still pretty sure I do qualify as one of my lord's servants, which still is an extremely good deal. It doesn't give me omnipotence, but it does give me a more powerful body and a way of life much more up my alley. Immortality, too. My hope is that it'll be enough for happiness.

"I mean... it'll definitely be better than whatever I'll get if I don't qualify. Then I doubt I'll live for even a year, and if I do, it'll probably be in some bunker, cowering in fear until the true predators find their way in. Unless no ascension happened during my lifetime... if I got rid of the fossil before... no, no, those are dangerous thoughts. I can't betray HIM. I can't..." - Red (after Hunter, Haunted)

"If I don't have an accident or get deathly ill... pretty much where I am now, probably. Maybe I'll have moved after I've gotten bored of my current nest, but I don't expect my lifestyle to change much. And I think that's okay.

"Hm, well, I guess Sisi would have grown up quite a lot in twenty years, actually. I wonder what she'll be like. I hope we'll still be in touch and have good relations... I'd hate to see some of the other guildren's closemindedness get to her." - Scolipede Pletora (After Pletora's Story)

"Flying through the skies as a freakin' sweet dragon, of course!" - Eevee Keith (before Dragony)

What is your relationship with your parents like? Are you happy with it?

"My parents died when I was four. I don't remember them. But I am happy with their example. I aspire to be at least half the hero they were." -Shirona

"My adoptive mother is as gentle as she can be. She is sweet, even if she doesn't know what to do with me. My birth mother can rot in all of the Chinese hells." -Kotone

"I make sacrifices to dark and blasphemous powers every day to ask for new and even more horrific torments be laid upon them." -Lena

"Mom and Dad are loving. They worry I'll become like Max. But they encourage me. They've always supported my interest in Pokemon. And when I tested positive as a psychic, they made every effort to learn about my abilities. They were the same with Max's photography, before she murdered all of those people... I think they know I still contact her. They ask how I think she's doing. But they never confront me about it or ask me to stop." -Chris

"I was created in a lab. Why are you asking me?" -Zekintha

"Is there someone you utterly hated as a child that you have since fully forgiven? What did they do, and how did they earn forgiveness?"

"Let's talk about my dad.

My father is a piece of shit domestic abuser who prays on low self-esteem women when not straight up sexually harassing them at work. He has a very impressive resume, because he keeps switching jobs so the courts can't find him. That's because he's required by court order to pay child support, and my mother had to get a subpoena to make him pay. And I was a dumb kid, and I loved my father. When I wasn't afraid of him, at least.

To this day, my mother is still dealing with the effects of a failed marriage. She constantly pushes for her children to reconnect with their father, because that's how it's supposed to be or some other bullshit non-excuse. Her self-confidence is below sea level, resulting in her becoming the very type of woman my father prowls for. And my father, in all the letters he sends me, still believes he's the victim.

Does that answer your question?"
—John Costa​
Who do you trust the most? Why?

"I am not sure if I trust anyone. However... I will trust Dusk first, I think." - Salem

"I trust that skarmory to stab in the back! Ah, I am making a joke. I do trust someone. I won't say who." - Dusk

"You should always trust in yourself above all else. If you are not certain of your own judgement, why should you be certain of someone else's?" - Whiskey

Where's "home"?

Back
Top Bottom