• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: Character Development Den (Questions)

Brian Donnel: "I've mentioned previously that I'm not much of a music guy. Can a navigational computer's humming get stuck in your head?"

"Who's your favorite celebrity?"

It's been a month and I refuse to let this thread die, so I'm going to give it one more shot. Last time necroposting, I promise!

Selena Weeks: "Most of the celebrities nowadays are pro duelists, so I don't really have a favorite. Not to say I don't enjoy duel monsters, but watching it is kind of boring compared to playing yourself. Yuji doesn't seem to think so, though. He follows all the different leagues. I don't think there's a duel he's missed out there."

"What's your favorite kind of weather?"

Last edited:
Karen: I love to walk outside on clear nights when the moon is full and the air is still.
Gardenia: Gosh, you're pretentious.
(The upcoming Pokémon World: New Order.)

What kind of music do you prefer?

Julia: I like classical music!
Perrine: Rock music is my jam.
Caiseal: I'm kind of a country music guy myself.
Amara: Hip-hop. No question. Don't care what anyone else says about it.

Question: Do you have a favorite candy?

Chip: Favorite candy? but there's so many to choose from...
Oreo: M&Ms of course!
Funfetti: Smarties. But not the sweet ones. The sour ones.
Jalapeno: None. The candy companies put so many chemicals that eating more than 10 will surely kill you.
Chip: Eating more than ten will KILL you?!

Favorite Board Game?

Selena Weeks: "Does duel monsters count? I guess that's a bit of a cop out. I like Scrabble, I guess? I've always been a literature and English kind of girl, so maybe it's just that I'm good at it."

"What's something super popular that you can't stand?"

Ninx: “...What’s a season?”
Amara: “How do you...oh, you live underground. Understandable.”
Luna: “Spring! It’s got the liveliness of summer, but it’s not as unbearably hot.”
Amara: “I find autumn to be particularly beautiful, especially the trees.”

Favorite pastime?

Larula: “Black coffee. It’s rather unpopular where I come from.”
Ninx: “You actually drink that thing?!”
Larula: “On a daily basis. How else would I get up?”
Ninx: “...wait, you don’t have infected where you live?”
Larula: “No, I...oh. No wonder thou can live without coffee.”

What do you collect?

Yuji: "Uh, well, everyone collects duel monsters cards so that's not a good answer I guess. I used to collect stamps when I was younger, but I outgrew that a while ago. Just stopped being interesting to me."

"What's the best way to resolve conflict?"

"What's the best way to resolve conflict?"

This is a great question and I'm having a lot of fun answering it for a huge number of characters. Please excuse me while I spoilerbox the whole lot of these...

Salem: Try to learn something new first. You need information to make decisions.

Alisha: Identify the exact point of contention. You may find that there needn't be a conflict at all.

Dusk: Kick their ass. If that doesn't fix things, try it again.

Whiskey: Take care of it with minimal fuss if you can, escalate things if you can't. And if you've no options left, make them think it never mattered to you.

Church: Accept things as they are. When conflict arises out of wanting, you must cease to want.

Lavoisier: Whatever is the most fun! Usually this is whatever you are best at, and this is different for us all!

Veracity: There are no problems. There are only opportunities.

Sriracha: Show them who's boss! If you're doing things right, that's you!

Ayda: Sink your teeth in and don't let go. But you have to let the small things slide, or you'll never rest.

Razael: Whatever you do, you should only have to do it once.

Brisa: The problem is other people. The solution is different lifestyle choices.

Gil: Find a way to make their day! It's hard to stay mad at someone who's trying really hard to be your friend!

Oracle: Come up with a plan. Think it through! Be twelve steps ahead! Mislead, bedazzle, and take action with a flourish! They will be outmatched!

Gryphex: Just don't faff about.

Ssenofyn: Best practice in problem resolution depends on the nature and context of the problem. Nevertheless, as the magnitude of force applied to a variable increases, the chance of that variable ceasing to be approaches certainty.

Corinne: Your heart will tell you what is right. Your brain will tell you what is possible.

Jakub: Heed well the words of your teachers. Heed well the teachings of scripture. Seek guidance and you will find it.

Deckart: If you let something become a problem, you've already put your foot wrong. Find steady ground before you fix it, but fix it fast.

Precept: Stay strong. Hold fast. Be good.

Victoria: If it matters, then you have to work at it. Especially if it's hard.

Gabriel: Go with your gut, give it your best shot, call it a day. Or if it's a bigger deal with that, grit your teeth and get help.

Altair: Best practice in problem resolution depends on the nature and context of the problem. Nevertheless, you must avoid using force if you can at all manage it.

Lucy: There's always a non-obvious solution. It's often the best one. Think creatively.

Kajali: Start at the beginning. See through to the end.

Cat: Problems tend to go away on their own if you wait long enough. Especially if you can wait for millennia.

Laura: Sometimes the best way to resolve a conflict is to change yourself. It's the one special ability we all have.

What's in a name?

Yuji: "That's a very broad question. For a person, not much, I suppose. A name is a good way to identify someone, but that identification is a surface level thing. It doesn't tell you much about the person. For other things, a name can be everything. Take a duel monsters card. Everybody knows "Blue-Eyes White Dragon". Its name is what makes it what it is. Its name is what allows it to function in a deck, to be recognized and materialized by the hardlight system. Without its name, Blue-Eyes White Dragon is nothing. Just a piece of cardboard. Yet, without a name, a person is still a person. There's nothing less special about someone if you don't know their name. We give too much credit to names.

...Sorry, I kinda rambled. It's just a certain person I know puts a lot of value in this kind of thing, and I've spent a lot of time trying to convince him to see otherwise. I don't think I'll get him to come around, but I can always keep trying."

"What's the best way to cheer someone up?"

Last edited:
Barbara: "Um… to be honest, there is no definitive way to cheer someone up. It really depends from the individual.

Like, take for example someone who is heartbroken after their girlfriend or boyfriend broke up with them. There are some people who would appreciate venting about their frustrations to someone close to them, and other people who prefer to stay alone to fully assimilate the whole situation and grieve in peace.

The best suggestion I could give would be trying to be ready to support the affected person in any way you can, by also making sure that they know they can count on you for emotional support."

Peter: "Yeah…"Looks at Barbara."Remember that you can count on me for anything, Barbara. I know you're sad about not being able to go home, but cheer up! Things will get better!" Begins wagging his tail.

Barbara: "…" Smiles shyly.

"Do you have any regrets?"

Sarah: "A few. A lot of small things I'd wish I'd done differently, but none of it a huge deal. Trying to summon Z-ARC is one of them. I knew it was dangerous, and that I wasn't ready, but I was too stubborn and ended up getting banged up pretty bad in the process. Hardlight is a dangerous system, but I don't think I realized that fully until that moment.

"What's your perfect day look like?"

Mirror Serena: "Any day that she's not around. Although that's pretty much every day now, so that's good news. I can't say that I've had a totally perfect day even with that being true, though, so I guess you can't have it all; oh well. 'Perfect' is relative after all I've been through; I'll take what I can get."

"Speaking of that, I wonder: what's the one thing that's completely unforgivable to you, even when it comes to your closest friends and family? Is there any limit to what they can do before they totally disgust you, or is there a line that can never be crossed by anyone, no matter what?"

Caiseal: Isn't it obvious? Being tossed aside like trash or treated like some psycho murderer because of something I can't control! It's not my fault I somehow absorbed my twin! My bio mom pretty much treated me like crap over it, and that is an experience I never, ever, ever want to go through ever again! I honestly can't imagine what would happen if I...I dunno, got a girlfriend or something and they found out and were totally disgusted. Actually, scratch that. I don't want to think about it.

Question: How easy is it for you to trust someone?

Yuji: "Pretty easy. I like people. I like to like people. I enjoy meeting and talking to people, and that happens a lot more frequently when you kind of just generally trust people a bit. I'm not saying I'm gonna tell a stranger my social or have them hold my deck for me, but even a little bit of trust goes a long way. People are kind of pessimistic now when it comes to this kind of stuff, so you'd be surprised how many people will say yes if you ask them to hold your spot in line, or take a picture for you, or something else. I like people, and people like to be trusted."

"What's the best compliment you've ever received?"

Bianca: Um... Well, Fennel told me she couldn't have made that breakthrough on Dream Mist without my help. She made me a co-author on the paper she wrote!

Cheren: When people stop me and ask for my autograph, of course. Seeing my name on bulletins across Unova is certainly my largest source of pride.

Hilda: When Polyp decided to stay with me that night. I guess that's not really a compliment, but it meant a lot... it felt like that to me.

===

"What time do you usually go to sleep?"

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom