• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: Character Development Den (Questions)

Sarah: "I mentioned earlier how I tried to summon a specific monster, and how it didn't go so well. It's a bit hard to explain, but there's this thing people call the "True Card Phenomenon". The whole idea behind it is rather complicated, but in short, in moments of crazy stress or intense need or something along those lines, people can... manifest a card, I suppose is the best word for it. They're always completely unique, but the strangest part is that the cards this phenomenon produces seem to be almost alive, to put it simply. They're normal cards in every way, but when you try and have them interact with a duel disk or any hardlight system, they seem to have a mind of their own. Supreme King Z-ARC is one of those cards. It was manifested by a duelist who's been dead for ages, but the DCA has it now, and I tried to summon it once. It's this massive dragon, but that's not the scary part. It was conscious, and it was malicious. It reacted to me in a way I've never seen a hardlight projection do before. It was almost daring me to try and give it a command, if only so it could ignore it and kill me. The DCA officials supervising shut everything down before anything bad happened, but... I could feel the blood-lust radiating from it. It wanted to kill me. I don't think anything will ever shake me as much as that moment. I haven't gone anywhere near the room they keep the card in since."

"What's your go-to comfort food?"

In my opinion, you can tell a good person by looking at how they treat others. A good person will lift others up and support them, where a bad person will break them down, or maybe just disregard them altogether.
- Nim: Digimon Command Function (hahaha watch as this idea never gets off the ground either)

What's your favourite place to be?

Chase: "There's no place like a good dueling circuit! I wish turbo dueling was more popular, though. I've just about beaten everyone who can ride a duel runner this side of the city. Still, the thrill of whipping around the curves of a well maintained dueling circuit is something I'll never give up."

"What's the worst weather imaginable?"

Wrote this before UB posted, just didn't hit send. Bollocks.

What's your favourite place to be?

Salem: "Good" can mean to be skilled, or to be moral. I think you mean "moral" in this question. I like what one of the doctors said once - "do no harm." That makes sense to me. It's hard to do good things, but it's not so hard not to hurt people.

Dusk: It's not enough to have good intentions. You also have to make good decisions. You need to be smart for that. That's not the same as being smart making you good. Just that it's hard to be good if you can't think.

Veracity: Nobody can ever be beyond reproach under all moral systems at once. Perhaps nobody is good.

Keladry: It takes many things. Pure intentions, noble actions. Even manners matter.

Laura: Kindness. Or should I say empathy? Caring how others feel comes first, everything else follows.

Taylor: I guess, follow the rules and don't do anything you wouldn't like someone to do to you? Things work out so long as you don't mess people about.

Whiskey: You can't judge anyone unless you truly understand where they're coming from. It's not a simple question, and it doesn't have a perfect answer.

"What's the worst weather imaginable?"

Salem: Anything wet!!

Whiskey: A category 6 or higher hurricane. Anyone who gives another answer is an idiot.

How do you feel about lying?

Cerit: Some lies can be good? I think, or no?
Zair: All lies suck. Be truthful or don't speak at all.
Parks: It is what makes us unique. But if you want to be deceitful, at least have some truth.

------------------------

What is your worst fear?

I realized someone was gonna make some joke about a hurricane the moment I hit send. Thanks for not disappointing, UA.

Selena: "I usually say spiders, just to dodge this question, but ever since I started using Link Spider in my combos, I feel like people are gonna call me out on it. But to be honest, I can't think of some big, deep fear that I've got. Does that make me shallow?"

"What's the best time to get housework done?"

Tsubasa: "Huh... Never."
Julius: "As soon as you get home from school, of course. Get the things that need to be done out of the way."
---
"Are you any good at cooking?"

Rey (Coronamon): Not really. Me, Aaron, and Gary are the go-to ones to get fires started for it, if that counts for anything? But I always burn things if I try to take the lead on the cooking. Percy's really good at it though!
Percy (Rey's partner): Hey, come on, I'm not that good. I just had to learn to cook for myself 'cause dad's away a lot, that's all.

"If you had some random, huge amount of money, let's say a couple million, what would you do with it first?"

Yuji: "Buy a new duel disk, hands down! Mine right now works just fine, but it's an older model, and the newer ones are just so sleek! After that, I'd probably buy Selena that nice jacket she mentioned she wanted, Sarah a new set of really high quality card sleeves (she really needs 'em), and Samuel a new pair of glasses or two. You said a couple million, so I might as well spend a little on my friends, too. After all, a couple million minus a few hundred dollars, is still a couple million. I'd be set for life!"

"What's the best way to help a relationship grow? (Platonic or romantic)"

Cerit: W-Well, I'll try. U-Umm, platonically, you have to be nice? I don't k-know about romantically.
Zair: Trust. If you can't trust the person, they don't deserve a positive relationship.

----------------------------

How do you want the world to end?

Cerit: Umm, I-I don't wanna die. W-Well, I-I do, but. U-Unknown.
Zair: Doing my job. Honor is a strong thing, and I'll go down protecting.

------------------------

If you could attend any school, what would it be?

Chip: A culinary school!
Oreo: Why would you want to go to culinary school?
Chip: Because I want to cook even better!
Oreo: You're already a good cook, and the teachers at culinary school at super strict.
Chip: T-they are?
Oreo: Yeah. Haven't you watched Turn the Rotom on?
Chip: You know I have! I love that show!
Oreo: You know how Rotom yells at anyone who cooks something wrong?
Chip: Yeah..
Oreo: Culinary school is like that all the time.
Chip: It is?!

What is your strategy in a fight?

Salem: Figure out what the other fighter's strategy is first, then stop it working.

Dusk: Be very fast, be very sharp.

Keladry: Keep up a steady offense without tiring or faltering. One should prepare through rigorous training until one has the technique, the reflexes, and the bravery to win any fight. If you are the stronger combatant, then you can compensate for disadvantages of terrain, or of type.

Sriracha: Kick their ass! Woo! YEAH!

What's a shortcoming of yours that you want to improve on?

Sarah: "I wouldn't say I have one. There's a lot that bothers me, but nothing that stands out as THE thing that bothers me. It's all pretty equally grating."

"How do you deal with stress?"

Cerit: Sometimes, I just knit. Actually, I knit all the time. Fitting for a one-hit blunder.
Zair: Normally, throw my knife at a wall. Either that or another person.

What class was your favorite in school

Avery: I really enjoyed Biology, and Shop

Xezon: (im not gonna do his typing style) School? What's school? Us trolls don't have school, we're trained in whatever role they think will be best for us.

Least favorite thing to use?

Chase: "Least favorite? I've never really thought about that. I've got plenty of most favorite things to use, but I can't really think of something that I particularly dislike using more than anything else. After all, if I don't like using it I might as well not use it at all!"

"What are you better at than all of your friends?"

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom