• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: Character Development Den (Questions)

Arti: Well, considering I was picked as a "hero" for Unova, I kind of have to get used to doing the thing I don't like. For one, I have to work on abandoning my cowardly ways by not having to rely on Kyurem as a bodyguard at every single encounter that scares me or threatens me. Unfortunately, I kind of have to play it safe so I don't go scaring people left and right by them just seeing Kyurem for the first time. So yeah, I will pick doing the thing I don't like.

If you were to have a bitter rival, how would you try to settle your differences if there isn't an easy way of doing it?

Last edited:
Fawn: "Can I just punch 'em? There's no easy way to settle our differences, why not settle it with fists? I mean, I don't really have a Pokemon, so a battle is off the table."

If you could go back in time and pick one thing in your life to do differently, but everything afterwards would change you in ways you can't predict... would you still do it?

Fawn: "Can I just punch 'em? There's no easy way to settle our differences, why not settle it with fists? I mean, I don't really have a Pokemon, so a battle is off the table."

If you could go back in time and pick one thing in your life to do differently, but everything afterwards would change you in ways you can't predict... would you still do it?

Crimson: "While it sounds tempting... I wouldn't. Everything that happened made me into who I am today. Changing me in ways I can't predict... At that point, I'm just not me anymore."

If you would need to kill because there's no other way out to save your own life or the life of someone else, would you do it?

“I’d try to help evacuate as many inmates as possible, so long as they aren’t on death row. The punishment must fit the crime, and a person sentence to do time deserves to live like anyone else. My grandpa used to say that our morality is really tested based on how we treat people we hate, not on how we treat people we love.”

What moment in your life would you consider to be your finest hour?

(Just like last time, not everyone may necessarily be in the same room, or in the same time period, while answering this question.)

(What moment in your life would you consider to be your finest hour?)

Mirror Serena:
My "finest hour", huh? Oh, how flatterin' of ya. But if I really have to answer that, well... I don't really have any. I mean, I've probably had more not-so-finest hours in my life than anything else, 'cause I did a lot of things when I was younger that I'm ashamed of now. I was a really troubled little kid, heh... oh, you still want me to answer this? Fine; let's go with when I caught my first Pokémon, all by myself, when I was just eight years old. That was pretty boss of me, if I do say so myself.

Mirror Ash: I, um, don't really have one... not when it comes to Pokémon battles, at least... or anything else, really. Except maybe, um... never mind.

Mirror Leaf: So far? Getting all twelve badges!

Mirror Gary Oak : "Finest hour"? Um, that sounds more like something that Gramps would say, and I'm not Gramps, so... yeah. Nothing yet for me.

Mirror Daisy Oak: Protecting Ash and Gary when everything went downhill back home. It brought out strength in me that I never even knew I had, and I'm proud of myself for having the courage to summon that. Because If I didn't...

Mirror Misty: "Finest hour"? Kinda weird to put it that way, but if you mean what my biggest accomplishment in life is so far, then I guess it was the first time that I joined my sisters on stage for our water show! Especially considering that, well, um... I'll talk about that another time, ahaha...

Mirror Professor Oak: The day that I became Champion. Nothing else comes close.

Mirror Delia Ketchum: Surviving parenthood, ugh. How did I even...!?
Mirror Serena: Getting kind of sappy and personal here, but here we go. Say that you cared for someone deeply... loved them, basically. You're in a relationship with them, you're both happy, and you want to be together forever, but then something terrible happens and you're forced to separate from them. You have no idea where they are, if they remember you, or if they're even still alive, and there's nothing that you can do to find out. You go with your life, because you have no choice, and then... you find someone. Someone else, who you also care for deeply; who you love. And a part of you wants to have a relationship with them, and to be with them forever, but then another part of you remembers that other person, and all of the love that you shared with them. Where I'm going with all of this is: What would you do if you found yourself in a situation like that? Would you feel guilty about being with someone else? Or would you ever even do anything like that at all?

Yuza: Well... I'm sure my girlfriend would want me to be happy even when she's gone, but... I've already lost so much!

It's easy to say that sacrificing your loved ones for the greater good is the right thing to do, but if you were forced into a situation like that, could you bring yourself to do it?

The Exile: ...? Me? In my world, everyone comes back after death. I'd die, then come back like nothing ever happened.
...Oh, wait. We remember how we died and in some cases the pain 'carries over' for a while. As long as the death is not painful I'd do it.

What was getting your starter Pokemon like - did the method in which you get it influence your feeling son the matter?

Arti: Well, I got a very unconventional starter Pokemon in an even more unconventional way. So I don't really know how to feel if I got a starter Pokemon that also happened to be a legendary Pokemon at the same time, but said Pokemon also choosing me instead of me choosing it. Now that I think back on the first day of my journey, things were more chaotic than I would've liked.

If you had to wait an extra week to begin your journey, what do you think may be the reason?

Meddy: What kind of question is that? We headed south because the alternative was being melted to death. We couldn't afford to wait.
Yuza: ...Sorry about that. My sister is angry all the time, but she doesn't mean what she says, really.

(Note: These characters aren't from a Pokémon fanfic.)

Do you believe in an afterlife?

Kyle: Not sure, if there is then there's a lot of people there who'd have more than a few things to say about me."

How would you feel or react if someone close to you saw/think of you in a way you know isn't true?

Exile: Huh, that's a good question! In my world we always return after death the next cycle - or, well, day.
I do still fear death though - it's because you remember the pain of death when you come back. So if you got blown into pieces, for example, you'll be in a hella lot of pain for all of the next day until it clears up.

Venator: And if you die too many times, you might go a little loopy. I've gone through my life a couple times wondering if I'm even still alive.

What's your biggest regret?

Nova: Not standing up to the people who bullied and beat me when I had the chance, allowing them to effectively destroy my life and leave me a pathetic dreg of a person.

What would be your ideal date with the one you love?

Arti: My date with Mary would be after my quest is over, I don't know where she would like to have it. But if you're looking for a place, it would be somewhere outside of Unova, probably in Poketopia. But at the moment, I'm still that paranoid guy who's focused on taking down an evil corporation that's all too willing to cause destruction to an entire region for their own needs.

If you were to become a leader, what would be the first thing you will do?

Alex: Eh? Me as a leader? I... don't see that happening anytime soon, hehe. I'm the least experienced person on this team, I'm having my hands full just trying to keep up and be useful. But if I ever get there I guess I'd just do what I've always strived to do, help people and Pokemon. Though I guess I'd be trying to help more people and Pokemon if I can help it. Sorry, that question really caught me off guard.

If you were to define a hero, someone you strive to be like and look up too. What are the qualities of that person that make them a hero?

Alex: Eh? Me as a leader? I... don't see that happening anytime soon, hehe. I'm the least experienced person on this team, I'm having my hands full just trying to keep up and be useful. But if I ever get there I guess I'd just do what I've always strived to do, help people and Pokemon. Though I guess I'd be trying to help more people and Pokemon if I can help it. Sorry, that question really caught me off guard.

If you were to define a hero, someone you strive to be like and look up too. What are the qualities of that person that make them a hero?
Perhaps a strong sense of justice? Someone who fights to protect those who can't protect themselves.

I’ll make the next question since the above post didn’t come up with one:

What’s your opinion on strangers? And how would you react if you were familiar with one of them?

Sage:
O-Oh, I don't talk to many strangers often, so I don't think I quite have an opinion on them.

If I was familiar with them though, I would try to be friendly, and say hello. But if I know them for, er... the wrong reasons, I'd try to avoid them. A-And try not to trip up in the process...

Do you have a favorite family member?

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom