• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: Character Development Den (Questions)

"I'm ashamed that even after all of this time away from home, I still constantly cave in to the worst instincts of myself... especially when it comes to the people that I care about. Just ask Ash... he'll tell you. Or maybe he won't, 'cause he's too damn nice for his own good sometimes.
Hey, Ash! Why don't you call someone an asshole every once in a while? I know you want to... and take it from me: it feels good! I mean seriously... do you even feel at all or something!? Express yourself already! Geez!
...See? Sigh..."
- Mirror Serena

"Here's a more sunshine-and-rainbows question for you guys, I guess. How do you celebrate your birthday?"
If you even celebrate it at all...

"I do not know my birthday. It might have been in autumn, or maybe winter. If I did celebrate it, perhaps I would take a day to spend time with those I care most about. I am sure that they would have idea about what to do."
-Salem, purrloin-morph

"Probably get pissed up and play some games, that's what I did last year. Loud music, dancing, other exciting things. People are fun in situations like that, and I get my offbeat or gentle leisure activities on a regular basis, so it's good to do something excessive and wild."
-Alisha Renadier

Do you make your own meals? What sort of stuff do you prepare? Do people like it?

"I make a lot of tempura and rice balls. Otherwise, I know how to cook over a campfire. I don't do much of the cooking because people get tired of it." -Shirona

"If you could travel anywhere in the world and collect Pokemon there, where would you go and why?"

"I have sometimes entertained the idea of going out and living as a hermit in some environment with several mon companions, such a pack of houndoom or several pidgeot. I'd keep them feral, but train them to not attack me, of course. Away from society and laws, in a natural environment, being able to hunt... I think it'd be the closest to a good life for me. Still, though, immortality and the powers of a god are much more appealing to me, so I won't be giving up on my current plan any time soon." - Red Akai

"I'm not the type to be a revolution leader, sorry." - Pletora

"Thoughts on pop music?"

Hi. This is strictly a suggestion. If there was a "24 hours before same user posts" rule you might get more activity and fewer people dismissing this as a clique of four to five people posting like its Post++

If there was a "24 hours before same user posts" rule you might get more activity and fewer people dismissing this as a clique of four to five people

You're telling me people dismiss this thread as a clique? I find that very peculiar. Regular posters replying to each other shouldn't in any way stop other people posting, and if I, Canis, Ereshkigal et al held back, I don't see why that would lead to lots of other people suddenly replying enough to make up for it.

"Thoughts on pop music?"
"Pop music? Human music always hurt my ears, but my trainer liked it, so it's fine, I guess..." - Mimi, Your Heart Is in Two Worlds
(This is a new development. I envisioned Mimi as a wild Pokémon until now.)

Do you ever feel homesick?

"...no. I do not miss home," says Salem, looking askance. Her twitching ears, her restless tail, her fidgeting hands — all of them indicate that she is lying. But she is telling the truth when she says "I want never to go back."

"Eh, not really? I like to keep on the move. I have an apartment, but that's not home, not really. I don't come from anywhere I think of as home. If anything, my car is my home, and I can hardly miss that when I'm driving on a daily basis."
-Alisha Renadier

Are you comfortable around new people? Do you like meeting them?

"Not normally, but... I kind of had to on that first day. I couldn't find anyone I knew, but then I met Skystar... she was so nice to me. Unlike her mother..." - Mimi, Your Heart Is in Two Worlds

What's the loneliest you've ever felt?

"Lonely is one of those feelings that doesn't apply to me. I love being alone. The only reason I tolerate people is because of necessity or just convenience. But there is an exception to this - exactly one. My lord, naturally. Just recently, I went a long while without Him, by my own choice. It was painful. It felt like the sun had gone out in my world. I wanted to be with Him and stop feeling that way, but... only after learning a lesson and making a compromise could I do it. And that felt great.

"I don't know if what I just described was loneliness, but if it was, I can only think of one time that tops it. When He first died, on Mt Silver. Back then I didn't know yet that He could come back - as Himself, that is. I had to... watch Him die. It was the first time someone's death hurt me. Time to time, it still does, but I'm lucky to be able to just walk to Him and see Him perfectly fine." - Red Akai

"When I was a venipede and still with my family, we had this practice where we slept separately instead of in the same nest. It was to teach us independence. I'm totally fine with doing it now, but back then, I missed my mother so much. I couldn't fall asleep until exhaustion forced it to happen." - Pletora

"Do you prefer spring or fall?"

"Neither. This area cannot make up its mind as to what season it is unless it's Summer or Winter. I wish we had the springs and falls I hear about in media and read about in books." -Lena

"Do you hate a particular season, and why?"

"Ooh, winter. I hate winter. It's so cold, and depressing, and everything's dead! I wish we could control the weather like ponies do. I'd make sure it'd never be winter." - Princess Skystar, Your Heart Is in Two Worlds

(I'm fairly sure that's not how it works, Skystar.)

If you were an Eevee, what would you want to evolve into and why?

"Oh, Eevee are adorable! And tough, too. I'd almost say that I wouldn't want to evolve at all if I was an Eevee, but I don't think that I'd be aggressive enough to be just a regular Eevee, either... maybe one of my sisters would, though. But as for me? I'd probably evolve into Leafeon. It's the closest thing to a Bug-type Eevee there is!"
- Mirror Misty

"Now... does anyone have any brothers or sisters? And if you do, how well do you get along with them? You've probably heard of mine... the Sensational Sisters! We may not always agree or get along with each other all of the time, but they're the best sisters that anyone can ask for."

"My sister and I haven't spoken since before my niece was born. That was... Arceus! It's been over twenty years!" -Shirona

"My adoptive brother is Red. I am uncertain if I can count his half-brother Silver." -Kotone

"Well, there's big-big sister, middle-big sister, little-big sister, big-big brother..." -Lena
"I knew I shouldn't have shown you Trigun." -Shirona
"I'm really an only child." -Lena

"Have you ever adopted someone into your family?"

(@InfiniteBakuphoon Did you get the idea from that thread about Mirrorverse characters from a few years ago?)

"If Jay had spent more time here before going halfway across the world for the sake of that Mantyke, then maybe he'd be like a brother to me. I'd still welcome him into my family if he never finds his mother, though." - Delle, The Tides Have Turned

"Nope! But the opposite kinda happened to me. I guess I'm unofficially a member of Terramar's family? Wait, wouldn't that technically make me royalty? His mother is the queen's sister, but I've never met her because y'know, she lives underwater and all." - Michael, Your Heart Is in Two Worlds

Would you ever want to meet the polar opposite version of yourself?

Samus Aran: "The polar opposite of me would probably be some ditzy whore, so I think that's a pretty clear no. I've met plenty of scatterbrained idiots already."

"What did you study in university? If you haven't, what would you like to study?"

(@InfiniteBakuphoon Did you get the idea from that thread about Mirrorverse characters from a few years ago?)
Actually, no (although that was a really fun thread to read). I was inspired by the actual mirror world episode itself, which I found out about roughly two years ago in what I believe was a moment of pure serendipity (I wasn't really paying a lot of attention to the anime at that point). With the overactive imagination that I have, I began to wonder what the mirror versions of other characters besides Ash and Serena would be like... and then everything else pretty much exploded from there.

"What did you study in university? If you haven't, what would you like to study?"
"University!? After everything I went through in regular school, why the hell would I want to go through that again in another school? No way!
...Although if I didn't have to worry about anyone, then I'd probably study... actually, what would a Pokemon trainer study, anyway? Is there even any point? What could I possibly learn by burying my head into even more books and theory versus actually going out into the world and battling people? Oh wait... I know! Absolutely nothing. Give me a map and a dream over homework and some fancy piece of paper any day."
- Mirror Serena

"Have you ever done something that you knew was wrong — or even illegal — but you just felt like you had to do it anyway? What was your reason for doing it? Did you feel guilty about it afterwards, or did you even care or think about it all?"

"I helped my sister Max escape the police. What she did was beyond reprehensible. The bodies we can lay at her feet... She had such a bright future once. I can't say she's wrong to do what she did...
"I think about it often. I fear that trying to make the right choices will make me the same kind of monster Max has become." -Chris

"What is your fondest memory of a sibling?"

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom