• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: Character Development Den (Questions)

"Eh. Strict vegan, actually. Far more efficient, energy wise. No middle-men cattle turning biomass to poop. Can't eat poop. Energy pyramid and all that. Really, hunting just doesn't make a lot of sense.

I'd like it if people stopped assuming the big, scary monster eats people. It, uh, causes problems. People hunt scary monsters."

—Flygon*

"On the topic of diet: favorite treat? Doesn't even need to be food. How do you treat yourself, when you've earned some me time?"

Brian Donnel: "I found this little second hand antique/junk shop place on Soren III once. Picked up some ancient video game system the dude at the counter called, uh, a swap or something like that. Managed to fix it up. There's a couple of fun little games on it. Good time wasters for space travel."

"What's one of your irrational fears?"

"I've started to be afraid of Laura ever finding me. I think it started when I got to the shelter and I didn't want to be sent home. Even though nobody could try to make me go home now, even Laura probably, I still think about it and become anxious sometimes. I imagine her saying all sorts of things to me, and I don't know what to say back about any of them." -Salem

"I'm shit-scared of people seeing me changing. Sure, maybe you don't want to be caught naked either, but I'm telling you. It freaks. Me. Out." -Alisha

"People making fun of me. The idea makes me feel kinda scared, kinda angry. I hate thinking about it." -Dusk

Do you have a tic of some kind? A word or phrase you use often, or a physical habit of some kind that's noticeable about you?

Spencer Weeks: "...Am I being punked?"

(Note: Spencer has Tourettes. And therefore has lots of tics.)

"What's a stereotype about people from where you live?"

"That everyone is a perfectly nice, smart, attractive person that is not at all fat, lazy, and stupid. Except for me, of course."
—Professor Rosemary​

sighs
—Snuggles​

"Fine. Real answer. You wanna know about stereotypes, you start reading the literature. You talk to sociologists. You talk to people, yes, but you do not use a sample size of one. This is why soft sciences exist. There are experts on this, procedures, biases to account for. That's why experts exist, that's why academia exists, that's why people devote their entire lives to this sort of thing. So don't ignore them, read up, ask an expert, or get a degree and do a study...yourself...crap."
—Professor Rosemary​

"So that's a 'declined to answer', then?"
—Professor Laurel​

"Kill that grin before I kill it for you. You're only including me to skew your results."
—Professor Rosemary​

"Actually, I just wanted to make you mad. Ethics would destroy me. Thank you for the compliments, by the way."
—Professor Laurel​

sighs
—Snuggles​

"Shut it, giant dragon monster. You're adopted."
—Professor Rosemary​

grunts
—Snuggles​

"Oh, you want a question. Icebreaker. Okay then. So what's your greatest regret in life? Oh, and your favorite flavor of pie. Either one works, actually."
—Professor Rosemary​

sighs
—Snuggles​

Erinn: "I... do I have to answer this one? I don't want to talk about it. It's hard to do without crying. I did a really horrible thing, because I thought it was the only thing I could do at the time. It ended up turning out alright in the end, but it caused a lot of pain for everyone involved. Pierce, being the sweet person he is, forgave me without a second thought, but I don't think I've quite forgiven myself yet."

"Is there someone you'd do anything to save? A friend? A family member? A love?"

"I think most people would do anything to save themselves. I would. But I think many humans are uncomfortable saying or thinking this." -Salem

"She's not wrong." -Dusk

"I've got a better answer. I'd do anything to save the future I care about. That's any future where morphs get a decent shot at life. Where pokémon who can't make it work in life can get a new one. Where this whole project works." -Alisha

Got a funny story about yourself? Perhaps something embarrassing?

Brian Donnel: "About myself? No, nothing embarrassing. I'm pretty aware of myself, most of the time. Hoo boy, do I have some stories about Marie, though. I won't go into detail, because she hates it when I tell this story, but just know it involves a good amount of Telrazite, which, in case you didn't know, is a fun little mineral that has a tendency to stain anything that comes into contact with it a rather bright pink."

"What's the weirdest thing you've ever seen?"

"The use of candles in the Hyrulian version of Link's Awakening. I just... I can't... I don't know how to describe it." -Chris

"What do you think would be different in an alternate timeline version of your world?"

Teen Content Warning: Harsh language.

"Wait, do you mean, like, a parallel universe? Or a literal alternate timeline? Are we talking theoretical physics, or just straight-up philosophy thought experiment? Should I, uh, choose the breakage point thing? Is there a breakage point, or is the world just, uh...different, I guess? Am I aware I'm in an alternate timeline? Do I keep my memories?

...you know what, I'm just gonna go with 'exploits time travel to win lottery'. I think you need to ask a science-y person about this. I'm overthinking things."
—John Costa​

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't fucking know. Come back with a warrant."
—Professor Rosemary​

sighs
—Snuggles​

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is a deep question. Like, it felt...odd, you know? Like, important to the world. And scary. It's weird. It's just, uh, I...I think it's just me. I'm sorry, I'm, uh, not sure.

But, uh, I...I'm sorry. I need to go."
—John Costa​

What's the best moment you've experienced in your life?

Perrine: "Do you even need to ask? The day I finally got my dad to lighten up about me going on a journey!"
Caiseal: "The moment I learned I can see Violet again, this time without Nollaig or Fergus interfering. I can't see her just yet, as from what Yvette told me, there's still a lot of legal stuff to do, but I can be with her again!"
Julia: "Meeting Hikaru! And all of my other friends! I'm sure you already know why, so I won't repeat myself."

What do you like better? Rain, snow, or sunshine?

"Not snow. Definitely not snow. I have the hidden superpower of unconsciously summoning heavy snow wherever I go. The three-ish inch deep snow outside my livingspace makes me wonder if Spring decided to finally retire (they're certainly past retirement age). And when I took a vacation to...to Orre, it, uh, snowed. It snowed in Orre. Winter vomited over everything.

...I'm sorry, my head. Uh, something's, uh...anyone else feel déjà vu? Don't tell me it's just me. It isn't me, it...

...I, I don't feel so good. I need to go."
—John Costa​

"How much money do you need to make to be happy?"

"The plan I'm going with to ensure my happiness has no role for money. Sure, I'll need certain goods and services along the plan, as I'm not going completely cold combusken, but I just need to maintain my current lifestyle. And as for money 'making', I've been doing none of it. Humans have this stupid instinct of caring for their next of kin, and I'm great at taking advantage of that." - Red Akai

"Money...? Like, gold and so? Psh, that's a guildren thing. Out here in the wild, I gather everything I need by myself. No need for any middle mon. Granted, it does mean that if there's something I'd need that I couldn't get but some trader had, I'd be helpless without money, but I haven't bumped into a situation like that yet. And I think, even then, I'd probably be able to pay for it some other way, like doing a favor." - Scolipede Pletora

Who was your first crush? Have you had any?

Julia: "Not really, no. I'm not interested in romance, mostly because all the girls I know at school make a huge deal out of it and I can't understand why."
Perrine: "There was one boy I had a crush on...until I found out he kept cheating in class by looking at my answers for tests and homework. All the time. I told him off and wanted nothing to do with him after that."
Caiseal: "When I was in fifth grade, I liked this girl named Amanda Heidelberg. She was really pretty and nice. I actually did tell her how I felt, but she didn't feel the same way. She was nice about it, and it had nothing to do with me as a whole. She just liked somebody else. I was sad for a while, but I got over it. We're still friends, though."
Amara: "I had a crush on this one boy named CJ for a long time when I was in third grade. We were great friends, but my crush fizzled out after a while. He moved away when fourth grade came around. I wonder how he's doing now?"

Do you like to exercise? For fun or other reasons?

Erinn: "I used to run a lot, if that counts. Less so now, but I suppose that's because running was a coping mechanism for something bad that was going on at the time. It's still a good way to clear my head, though."

"Do you like comic books?"

"Of course! I love comic books! My favourite is Flashfire. It's about this dragon who sends villains to Tartarus, and it's REALLY COOL! I wish there were more good dragons in comics." - Mina, A Dragon Out of Water

What do you feel nostalgic for?

"The simple days. When all I had to worry about was having to shoot some gang member for trying to rob me." -Shirona

"What is good in life?"

Erinn: "There's a lot that fits that definition. I like spending time with Pierce, and now Lyon, too. I like to read, and it calms me down when I do. I'd say that's all good, wouldn't you?"

"What's the most exciting thing that's happened to you recently?"

Ninja'd! So I'll answer two questions.

"I got ran over by a car. Well, ran under. That was fun. The cast isn't. Please don't touch it, it still hurts. A lot. Right now. Ow.

I better get a cool scar."
—John Costa​

And for #2:

MATURE CONTENT WARNING: This character is a combat veteran that is having difficulty processing what they've seen. They are very open about their unusually violent and gory life experiences and their choice of words is about what you'd expect.

"Well, some of my clients are damn good shots, but most of them are psychopaths or dead, so I don't think that's what you mean.

You wanna know what's good in life? You go serve eight years active duty. You watch your buddy's goddamn arm get blown off on top of you. You watch the corpsman holding someone else's intestines. Then you go answer your own philosophy. Because you ain't one of my patients, and they're the ones asking themselves this every goddamn day. And maybe I do too."

—Dr. Sturdy/1st Lieutenant James Sturdy (Ret.)​

Q: Chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry?

Pierce: "Strawberry, all the way! If we're talking ice cream, that is. Chocolate and vanilla are good, too, but strawberry takes the cake, easy. Erinn isn't a fan of ice cream in general. Lyon likes all sorts of weird flavors. He's had me try all sorts of weird stuff like maple, pear, and sea salt."

"What do you have for breakfast?"

Back
Top Bottom