• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: Character Development Den (Questions)

Salem: I'm good at keeping out of sight.

Dusk: I'm good at keeping people's attention!

Would you ever risk your life to save others'?

Yuji: "I'm not sure. I'd like to say I would, but I've never really been in that type of situation. I'm pretty sure I'll end up having to make that choice at some point, but I don't think I'll know for sure until then."

"Do you regularly exercise? How do you? Why do you?"

Wayne: "No, I know I probably should, but there's just so many other actually enjoyable things I could be doing that I just, kinda, never do."
Gwen: "Yeah, I like to take jogs around the place every now and then. No major reason or anything, I just wanna keep fit, you know?"

What's your favourite colour? Any reason?

Julia: Out of all of them, pink is my favorite! It's just such a pretty color, and I see so many pink flowers that are so pretty! Some of my favorite Pokemon are pink, too! But I also like blue, light green, and silver as well!
Perrine: Personally, I'm a fan of deep mahogany. There's just something about a deep, dark brownish red that kind of gives me the impression that whatever's that color has an old-fashioned, solemn air about it.
Caiseal: I like green. It's easy on the eyes. That's really it.
Amara: Can't really say I have a favorite, but if I had to pick one, it'd be light blue. It goes really well with a lot of things, and makes you stand out. I have this one tank top that's a bright blue and it really pops when I wear it with white jeans or white skirts or anything else, really.

Do you like to dance?

Wanted to the last one, so I'm answering both:

Yuji: "My favorite color? Man, that's a hard question. I really like a nice, muted blue. Y'know, the kind of blue that ritual monster cards are? It's a nice color to look at."

Selena: "Oh, jeez, no. I'm not much of a dancer. I'm awkward on my feet when it comes to stuff like that, so I tend to just avoid it."

"What's your morning routine?"

Barbara: “I wake up, turn on the computer and chat with people on social media. That’s my morning routine…” *Pauses.* “Or rather, that used to be my morning routine. Now I have to wake up early in the morning, eat a cookie and an apple, and go to the OMI to get my butt kicked by some random criminal.” *Rolls her eyes and sighs.* “I miss my contacts…”

“Now, what was your biggest achievement in your life?”

Mirror Serena: "Ha! How about conquering the Pokémon League, defeating the Champion, and becoming the number one trainer in all of Kalos? That's my greatest accomplishment!

...or rather it would've been, if it wasn't for her; oh well. My real greatest accomplishment, then? Well, um... that's kinda hard to say, honestly. I guess not really for myself, but for someone else: I'd say that I was able to turn Ash into a pretty decent Pokémon trainer. And believe me: that was an accomplishment!"

Mirror Ash: (turns around ever-so-slightly towards Serena, catching her eye before quickly turning back.)

Mirror Serena: "Unfortunately, I don't think I've really accomplished becoming any less of an asshole, even after all this time. Sigh..."

"What was your childhood dream? Is it still your dream, or has it changed since you've grown up or after... certain things happened in your life?"

Dermott: "I wanted to get my family's old estate back. I still do. And I will."
Finn: "I was going to defeat the Elite Four with my trainer and the rest of the team and become champions. But I lost my trainer many years ago. Now I just do what I can to get by."

"What is the one thing you would do everything in your power to prevent from happening?"

Gil: "No matter what, I will always deliver the mail with which I am entrusted! I am solemnly bound to guard it with my life, and I will never knowingly fail to bring it to its recipients in good time and in good condition."

Brisa: "I'll die before I become a townie."

"Are you a polite person? Do manners matter?"

"Manners are a means to an end. Most people today don't deserve a lick of respect - the only reason I obey these social rules is to avoid creating unnecessary enemies. The rest of my tact is for my own sake. I want to look good purely out of my own will, not to impress others." - Red (Seiren / Hunter, Haunted)

"I try to be polite! Politeness is how you show other people you care. That you want interaction to be friendly and pleasant for all, and that they don't need to feel on edge with you around. It's a pretty important quality for a priest, anyway, as we're supposed to be there for people with worries. Help them feel at ease and that things are gonna work out fine." - Father Samson (Hunter, Haunted)

"Certainly! Manners are what makes the difference between a villain and a common ruffian. I want people to despise me for my evil and might, not rudeness. And my minions would hardly stick around if I treated them like feral pignite." - Gant (???)

If you could write a story that the whole world would read, what would it be like?

Nori Carino: "Uh, maybe a story about how much of a stupid jerk Tarou Daikoka is? Oh, er, he'd probably try sue me again. I don't know what else. But if everyone's reading it, everyone'd know it. So it'd be something I want everyone to know, it'd have to be that, right?"

Prema Kannagi: "That would be unnecessary. The book that I wish everyone to read has already been written long ago. Sonzaitoku. It holds many tales of how one can live life with virtue and respect. Our world is full of the opposite, unfortunately, no matter where you look. If more people were to follow in our faith's example, even if it is only but a few who choose to do so, things may yet improve."
(AN, name of book pending. should really figure that out in lore but haven't hit that point in needing to yet, got stuck trying to do so on the spot.)
(EDIT now that the fic is out: Added their real first names and the name of the book, replacing "The Book of Myths and Legends")

Do you believe miracles can happen, or seen what you believe is one?

Last edited:
"I think it's a miracle that I met Cubone." - Mudkip, Digital Access Network: Dimensions and Darkness

What was your childhood dream, and do you still want to follow it now?

Salem: "When I was younger, I wanted to go on an adventure with my human. Join the League Circuit, win battles. I don't want to do that anymore, and I can't do it anyway, but I think I still feel angry about it. Angry that I didn't do it. That it wasn't allowed. That Laura..." [She decided not to. Without me.] "That hurt. It hurts."

If you are a human, would you willingly become a pokémon? If you're a pokémon, would you willingly become a human?

Hilda: Huh. A while back, I would have said no because I thought Pokemon weren't that intelligent. I want to keep my personality and keep experiencing these amazingly complex thoughts and emotions, right? Pokemon wouldn't have that, or so I thought. These days, that's not what I think any more. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer to stay human - life as a Pokemon would be too different to handle. I've got more than enough change taking place these days.

N: My former self would have said yes. I often felt like an outsider to human society; my only friends were Pokemon, but they too left after some time. Even though, if I were a Pokemon, I couldn't have joined them, so becoming one would have been... Sorry, I'm going on a tangent, aren't I? Would I want to be a Pokemon now? I think... I'm happy being where I am. I'm happy being who I am today - a human more similar to Pokemon than most...

If you were in an RPG such as Dungeons and Dragons, what would your class be? Alternatively, for those from fantasy/RPG settings, what would your occupation be if you were in our world?

Last edited:
Salem: rogue
Dusk: rogue-fighter
Alisha: bard
Laura: druid
Eliza: paladin
Whiskey: sorcerer
Sriracha: barbarian
Sunny: wizard

Do you like to travel? How far would you go, if you could go anywhere?

Nori Carino (aged 11): You talking about journeys? Hell the frick no! Why would I ever want to go on one? Sure, you can get into Pokemon all you want and make friends and raise them to be super strong, but what's the point of it all!? You aren't winning at the end! It's just going to be a waste of time and your school year! You'll have to cram and make it up when you get back from it, and good luck with that! Anyone who travels and goes on a Pokemon journey is stupid!

One time I did travel with my ma when she somehow won a cruise. And...never mind. Don't want to remember that. Traveling's dumb. If you want to explore, explore your city. I bet you'll find a lot about it you never knew!

Would you do something if it meant being scorned by almost everyone around you for it, even if it was right to do?

N: Yes. In fact, all of my time in Team Plasma involved me doing what I thought was right, even if society scorned me for it. My views on that matter in particular have changed, but I find it very important to stay true to my beliefs, no matter what.

Hilda: Like, I’d want to do the right thing, but I don’t want to burn any bridges either... Chances are if everyone else thinks it’s a bad idea, it probably is. if I was sure that I disagreed with them, maybe I would ignore their advice, but it would hurt to be rejected by my loved ones, and I wouldn’t want that. So my answer is probably no, even though it implies things about myself that I dislike...

Ghetsis: If I think it’s a good idea, then of course it is a wonderful idea, and anyone who disagrees is an idiot like that wayward fool I adopted. The way forwards in such a situation is to convince everyone to agree with me - or force them to, which is usually much easier.

Are there any illegal activities which you don’t think are that bad? Any illegal activities you want to see legalised?

Are there any illegal activities which you don’t think are that bad? Any illegal activities you want to see legalised?

Salem: I don't see why stealing food is such a big deal. I needed that food. And there was plenty left.

Eliza: Sapient pokémon should have the same civil rights as humans. They are equally thinking and feeling beings.

Sriracha: I want to show who's boss. Lots of kicking. Not in the arena, kicking uppity lads anywhere anytime. I'm good at it!

Do you have/would you ever have children?

(Note that everyone may not necessarily be in the same room — or the same time period — while answering this particular question.)

(Would you ever have children?)

Mirror Ash: N-No...

Mirror Serena: Children!? Yuck, why would I even be thinking about that right now? Jeez with all of these questions, guys! But if you have to ask? (beat) No, I don't think so; I probably wouldn't be a very good mom anyway. I'd rather be free to do what I want.

Mirror Leaf: Nah; too much work.

Mirror Gary Oak: Umm, no? I mean, it's waaaaaay too early for me to even be thinking about that, right? Yet Daisy keeps asking me about it because, well, she's Daisy. She says she already knows who the mom would be and everything! (silence as Gary stares awkwardly at the floor) Actually, forget that I said that... you haven't talked to Leaf yet, have you?

Mirror Daisy Oak: Hmm... maybe! Some people say that I'm kind of like a mom to Gary already, but I'm not so sure about that. Gary's just my little brother, and while we are really close — I mean, we kind of have to be, given what we've been through — being a mother is... different, I think. And I'm not really sure that I could do it. I mean, I could, but would I really want to? Again, I'm not sure. Plus, every mom needs a dad and, well... I've never really been interested in anyone; I'm more of a "free spirit" kind of girl, if you know what I mean. But maybe someone will come along and sweep me off my feet one day; who knows?

Mirror Misty: Children? Sure! I'd love to be a mom someday. But who would their dad be? I don't know. Or maybe I do. (winks towards a certain someone)

Mirror Professor Oak: Children? Of my own, you mean. (takes a deep breath) No. Been there, done that. It was a very disappointing experience.

Mirror Delia Ketchum: (...) Are you seriously asking me that?
Mirror Serena: Just when I thought these questions couldn't get any more weird, but hey, I guess it could've been even worse. Now, I did overhear that other one about "illegal activities". I know which one needs to be legalized: punching people in the face! Because I know several people who could really use a good fist or two in the face right now, even if I wouldn't actually be the one to deliver them... maybe. But anyway: Is there someone in anyone else's lives who you'd say deserves the same... or worse? And do you think you'd ever be capable of following through on a desire like that?

Last edited:
Nori Carino (aged 12): I actually have done that! If you hit me, I'm hitting back! In fourth grade I once punched Tarou Daikoka for being a classist jerk! A month later there was that sixth grader too who tried to shove me around but I beat up instead. And uh, some first graders in-between, but they were pushing around someone themselves. Actually made a good friend of their target, too, my friend Maylene! There's a few people I wanted to punch recently, but I held back that time. But there's been plenty of other times times!

...I uh, kind of have a reputation for this. Some people think I'll hit them for anything. But I only do it if someone really deserves it or there's no other way! Haven't really done it lately. Maybe because it keeps a lot of trouble away in the first place, but still...there's times where, you know...even if this is better than taking it...well. Never mind! It's fine. Nothing to do but do it, sometimes.

Suppose what you want and what you need contradict one another. You can't have both. So which would you go with? The thing you don't like that's better for you, or the thing you do that's worse?

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom