• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character Discussion Thread

Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

Although now I'm not so sure that they're actually featured in this month's Coro Coro. Maybe they don't want to spoil this bit of information just yet, if it turns out to be true.

Thats likely, considering that the Pokemon League is one of the areas located under the ice, their appearance could be plot related and hence hidden.

But on other hand, they could have given a personality for Red too and they didn't.

In my opinion, it wasn't really necessary for Red to have any dialogue/personality. He was only in GSC as a cameo battle, and nothing more.

They could at least talk minimally, using a ton of ellipses... Such as 'Hey, it's you... Well... I guess it's time to battle...'.

The other previous ideas for Champions are also good ones... Except Iris... I don't like the idea of a kid being champ.

Wait a sec... N or one of the Subway Bosses could work... I don't know why Ingo or Emmet... But they probably won't...

The other previous ideas for Champions are also good ones... Except Iris... I don't like the idea of a kid being champ.

Iris will be two years older in Black and White 2.
Still a kid, but Blue was a kid and a champion too.

165px-HeartGold_SoulSilver_Blue.png

The only problem in my opinion is that she is a Dragon Master... It would be Lance all over again.
Marshal on other hand is a Fighting Master... And Lenora is a Normal Master...

You know, a foreign champion would be nice too, like a E4 or Gym Leader from Hoenn.
Haha, never mind.

@Silktree;

Something that might please you:

antheconcord.png

Anthea_OD.png
Concordia_OD.png

Anthea and Concordia are definitely in.

does this go here? some of the old characters ARE getting new sprites. see volkner and surge. notice the bigger sprite for volkner is unchanged, but the other two...
bw2corocoro_startdash03a.jpg

Yeah, the 4th Gen OW sprites are smaller than the BW ones, so they would have to re-design them. But it seems all the battle sprites for Kanto, Johto and Sinnoh Gym Leaders are staying the same.

The sprites may be staying the same, but they'll be getting revamped animations that look much smoother, and therefore much AWESOMER! :D

I'm definitely excited to see Anthea and Concordia, super curious to see what happens with them. I also hope their inclusion means that the Shadow Triad will make an appearance and have their origins at least looked into, if not completely explained (I am seriously against the Striaton Trio = Shadow Triad theory!)

I know it's already confirmed that Cheren is the gym leader in Aspertia City, but fwiw:

img_chara06_01.jpg
aspertiagym.png

If this is his gym, it is the weirdest gym ever.

And gosh, I hope they reveal something about Iris, Burgh or Skyla in the next Coro Coro. >_<
I want to see Burgh as a Elite Four, but is very unlikely since we have Aaron in Sinnoh Elite Four.

ベル|『ポケットモンスターブラック2・ホワイト2』公式サイト

Does anyone know what they're saying? Yeah, people report the updates, but there might be information that they didn't mention. For one thing, a rough google translate of one of the captions for Cheren makes it sound like he is a teacher (sure, we could have inferred that, but its nicer to have confirmation)

Belle says "It reminds me my first walk on the Route 1"".

To clarify, I meant I'd like to know if there's a translation of the character bios. After all, I think we only found out about the Rival's relationship with his sister and his fascination with Pokemon strengths through the website. I can't even c/p all the dialogue...

I know it's already confirmed that Cheren is the gym leader in Aspertia City, but fwiw:

img_chara06_01.jpg
aspertiagym.png

It looks to me like there's some sort of... equipment? To the left of the screen. Like, one of those carts that spread fertilizer or weed killer around, and some wood bars?

Maybe Cheren *just* got his gym leader certification, and hasn't finished building his gym yet?
(Then maybe in the postgame he'd have finished his gym for a rematch...?)

</random speculation>

img_chara06_01.jpg
aspertiagym.png

It looks to me like there's some sort of... equipment? To the left of the screen. Like, one of those carts that spread fertilizer or weed killer around, and some wood bars?

Maybe Cheren *just* got his gym leader certification, and hasn't finished building his gym yet?
(Then maybe in the postgame he'd have finished his gym for a rematch...?)

</random speculation>
The red thing looks like something to make chalk lines on the ground (as you can see white stuff next to it) to make boundary lines for ball games or a Pokemon battle. So maybe Cheren's gym also doubles as the Trainer School (or vice versa!). I'm not sure that the rake-like things are though.

People have already theorized that building as a Trainer School long before thinking it was a gym. At least from bad google translations, it seems to suggest Cheren is a teacher.

So, what if Volkner is the Elite Four Champion now?

I think that'd be pretty cool to see a cross-Gen Champion, since he's challenged the Unova Elite Four according to the CoroCoro scan. A final boss using all Electric Pokemon wouldn't be too bad either, since he could have a pretty neat team...Electivire, Eeelektross, Raichu, Magnezone,

Or, Volkner or Flint are the Elite Four Champions depending on which version, and somehow Volkner has obtained Zekrom and Flint has obtained Reshiram. :0

But a mono-type champion would make things too easy as you'll need just one ground type to wipe them all out, except Eelektross.

Perhaps, but then again 5/6ths of Alder's team were all weak to Emboar's dual-typing.

And don't forget Wallace, who is also a mono-type champion.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom