• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character Discussion Thread

Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

Volkner never came off as arrogant, just bored. ;p Can't really blame him honestly, but since Cynthia is still considered Sinnoh Champ I don't think that he is, even if he took the E4 Challenge. I do support an ascension to E4 member and being alongside Flint though, should it ever happen.

As for Unova Champ, still stand by Hilda/Hilbert or Akuroma. Its best if its someone from Unova, the other older characters had their time.

Volkner challenging the Unova E4 sounds really good for his character, I like it. I just hope he was unsuccessful.

Volkner never came off as arrogant, just bored. ;p

In my opinion, his is pretty much an arrogant character.
But oh well, he have a lot of fans, most people will disagree with me to defend their beloved gym leader. ;)

But oh well, he have a lot of fans, most people will disagree with me to defend their beloved gym leader. ;)

That's not the reason. I don't even like him and I can tell he's not arrogant.

Opinion, you know?

Opinion, you know?

That was less of an opinion and more of an assumption about the posters who didn't agree with you.

Anyway, I'm rather curious at why Volkner decided to take on the Unova League and when was it exactly? Pre-DPPt and BW or After? And who was looking after Sunyshore Gym for that matter anyway.

Lenora should be champion. Since she's been kicked out of her gym...

Lenora is a pushover. So maybe fighting types available at that point that shut her down, and you don't even need them to school her. Retaliate is predictable and easily countered by sacrificing fodder.

Yeah, good reason for her not be the Champion.

Because Volkner and his electric types would be harder to beat.
Earthquake, anyone?

Yeah, good reason for her not be the Champion.

Because Volkner and his electric types would be harder to beat.
Earthquake, anyone?

...did I say I wanted him to be the Champion?

Lenora was a pushover because she was the second gym leader in the game. The whole point was to be easy. Obviously they'd give her a better team if she was going to be champion.

Hell, back when he was a gym leader, Wallace used a Luvdisc.

Guys, can we leave the personal discussion out of it please? (Also for the record, Brycen was the pushover. Beat him without losing a single HP...seriously?!).

I doubt Lenora will be the champion. I imagine she might return as an NPC though, possibly explaining her reasoning for stepping down as Gym Leader.

Perhaps to settle down with her husband or something? It wouldn't be too crazy.

Lenora was a pushover because she was the second gym leader in the game. The whole point was to be easy. Obviously they'd give her a better team if she was going to be champion.

Hell, back when he was a gym leader, Wallace used a Luvdisc.

I thought the reason people were asking her to be champion was because of her reputation as being extremely difficult, which is why I said she was a pushover.

Was her reputation for being difficult as a trainer, or difficult as a person? I mean from the looks of it, she definitely wears the pants in her relationship with Hawes, for example.

It was difficulty as a trainer @Joshawott, since her Watchog was faster than anything you owned and spammed hypnosis, and Herdier, being an evolved Pokemon with 80 base stat in Attack at the second gym.

I'm disappointed that Cheren replaces her though...mostly because it was Bianca who had the normal type Stoutland while Cheren had Liepard. He could have been the world's first dark-type gym leader. From the trailer, it seems that Cheren also has a Stoutland. Initially, I thought it was the player character's but it really didn't make sense that he had two Pokemon out.

I also doubt we'd have a normal type Champion with a normal type gym leader, unless she goes with an Archaeological theme with fossil Pokemon and other ancient-looking Pokemon...but then it borders on copying Steven.

Cheren did have an Unfezant though, which is half normal. Watch his in-game team be something really boring like Patrat and Lillipup...

Cheren did have an Unfezant though, which is half normal. Watch his in-game team be something really boring like Patrat and Lillipup...

He has a Stoutland in the video...

Homika has two Pokemon, I doubt Cheren has more. It could be worse, it could be Patrat and Rattata.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom