• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character Discussion Thread

Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

akromaplasma.png

Akroma with Plasma? Confirmed!

The new trailer also showed Shizui to have three Pokémon.

We already know that

Achroma being in Plasma...I knew it was going to happen, but I can't help but feel disappointed. I wonder how he ties in with Ghetsis though?

I wonder how he ties in with Ghetsis though?
I think it's pretty obvious that Akuroma's acquaintance is Ghetsis rather than N, considering that Akuroma's philosophy is completely different from N's. It is also clear from the new quote ("I was asked by an acquaintance to help research [...]") that Akuroma is researching Kyurem on someone's behalf, and there is no way that N is that person. I don't want to compare Akuroma and Ghetsis's relationship to Archer and Giovanni's, but there may be some resemblance. Charon also comes to mind due to being a researcher that temporarily took over Cyrus' position, but he wasn't loyal to the latter.

Last edited:

Maybe Ghetsis and Achroma met during the two years before and found that they got along well and decided to devise a new plan to conquer Unova. Either that or Achroma was with Ghetsis even back in BW1 behind the scenes.

How does Achroma's dialogue in the anime trailer about how he disagrees with Plasma's goals tie into this? You think he has some plans of his own?

How does Achroma's dialogue in the anime trailer about how he disagrees with Plasma's goals tie into this? You think he has some plans of his own?
He described Team Plasma using past tense. I highly doubt that the new Team Plasma adhere to N's principles, even if Akuroma has a separate plan (which is questionable).

Judging by his position, he may be the leader of the other side of Team Plasma (the ones with their original knight outfits) while Ghetsis is in charge of the black outfit Team Plasma.

Judging by his position,
How do you figure that?

he may be the leader of the other side of Team Plasma (the ones with their original knight outfits)
He admitted to disagreeing with the original Team Plasma. Presumably, the remnants of that faction still hold their previous beliefs, so there is no reason why Akumora would be their leader.

while Ghetsis is in charge of the black outfit Team Plasma.
Ghetsis left Unova two years ago. We don't know that he has since returned; his being in the games doesn't necessarily mean that (Giovanni in HGSS comes to mind).

How do you figure that?

His position, which appears to be a Plasma HQ.

He admitted to disagreeing with the original Team Plasma. Presumably, the remnants of that faction still hold their previous beliefs, so there is no reason why Akumora would be their leader.

But one of the old images, the one with the PC talking with a sage, show that the original Team Plasma have gave up their old ways and grown a new leaf.

Ghetsis left Unova two years ago. We don't know that he has since returned; his being in the games doesn't necessarily mean that.

Ghetsis was seen in one of the new trailers wearing a black dress, just like the new Team Plasma.

His position, which appears to be a Plasma HQ.
And? Why wouldn't the new faction have their own headquarters? In fact, the old one didn't, so your point is rather moot.

But one of the old images, the one with the PC talking with a sage, show that the original Team Plasma have gave up their old ways and grown a new leaf.
Which is to say that they are not causing mischief anymore; they are not the villains. But I doubt that they've renounced N's philosophy, with which Akumora takes issue.

Ghetsis was seen in one of the new trailers wearing a black dress, just like the new Team Plasma.
By that logic Giovanni was still the active leader of Team Rocket in HGSS, which he wasn't. I do agree that Ghetsis is ultimately still the boss, but it is certainly possible that Akuroma is carrying out a mission in Unova without Ghetsis being around in that region. We don't know where the scene with Ghetsis and N takes place; both characters left Unova two years ago.

Last edited:

I think Ghetsis and Achroma are working together and running the Black Team Plasma. While Anthea and Concordia and the Six Sages run the original White Team Plasma as an organization that works against the Black Team Plasma and possible is an organization dedicated to fight against those who mistreat Pokemon in general, knowing that there are many good Trainers. Like an Anti-Team Rocket.

So Akuroma really is with Team Plasma. I could've bet the farm on that one. :p

You know, I've been thinking that Hillbert/Hilda may not get the Red treatment and instead be used as the last gym leader who specializes Dragon types to replace Drayden/Iris and have a reason to use Reshiram/Zekrom.

I don't think it was ever said that Ghetsis left Unova. He was arrested, but then thanks to the Shadow Triad, he escaped. As for N, he could have came back to Unova once he heard Ghetsis was back (or more likely, Reshiram/Zekrom sensed Kyurem).

I don't think it was ever said that Ghetsis left Unova.
"Ghetsis is gone. He went off somewhere alone after we rescued him from the castle. From the day Ghetsis saved our lives, we have sworn to be loyal to him. Even now, after he ordered us not to search for him."

The Shadow Triad didn't specifically say that he left Unova, but that's hardly a leap given that they didn't know where he could be.

As for N, he could have came back to Unova once he heard Ghetsis was back
If Ghetsis is back in Unova, then why does Akuroma refer to an "acquaintance" rather than to his own boss?

Ghetsis-Dennis said:
You know, I've been thinking that Hillbert/Hilda may not get the Red treatment and instead be used as the last gym leader who specializes Dragon types to replace Drayden/Iris and have a reason to use Reshiram/Zekrom.
They need to be a gym leader to have a reason to use Reshiram/Zekrom? Really now? I find it much more fitting for them to become the Champion.

Last edited:

I don't think it was ever said that Ghetsis left Unova.
"Ghetsis is gone. He went off somewhere alone after we rescued him from the castle. From the day Ghetsis saved our lives, we have sworn to be loyal to him. Even now, after he ordered us not to search for him."

The Shadow Triad didn't specifically say that he left Unova, but that's hardly a leap given that they didn't know where he could be.
I wouldn't take that as confirmation as him having left Unova. I would say it's a big leap considering that it would be easy for the Shadow Triad to lose him in a whole region, especially as he outright ordered them not to search for him.

As for N, he could have came back to Unova once he heard Ghetsis was back
If Ghetsis is back in Unova, then why does Akuroma refer to an "acquaintance" rather than to his own boss?
Well, we don't really know if Ghetsis and Achroma are higher or above the other in terms of rank do we? They could both be leading Plasma, or not.

I would say it's a big leap considering that it would be easy for the Shadow Triad to lose him in a whole region, especially as he outright ordered them not to search for him.
It's a big leap? Looker looked all over Unova and was unsuccessful at locating Ghetsis. Considering that Looker decided to leave Unova, it is obvious that he didn't believe Ghetsis was still there. He may have only mentioned rumors regarding N, but I'm sure that he is more worried about Ghetsis, who was the one that escaped.

Well, we don't really know if Ghetsis and Achroma are higher or above the other in terms of rank do we? They could both be leading Plasma, or not.
It doesn't matter. Why would Akuroma not mention Ghetsis by name if he were still around in Unova?

I've suddenly gotten an image of Akuroma as not necessarily affiliated with either of the Team Plasmas, but is actually working with one of them as a contractor of sorts, doing some research that someone (probably Ghetsis) requested of him.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom