• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character Discussion Thread

Could we get someone from here to translate that dialogue? We don't know if that translator at ANN is credible or not (and pulling our leg).

I remember in BW, the boy trainer gets a sweaty hiker as his ferris wheel partner and the hiker is like, "HEY BOY, HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN LOVE BEFORE?" or something like that. This was before the games went overseas, so I never knew what got changed in that dialogue.

I've heard the hiker from BW1 is back during summer if you're playing as a girl.

His supposed dialogue... Oh god. Pfft, hahahahahahah.

I'd have preferred they didn't make one gender's dates canon to another gender, especially when we have Memory Link to sort this out....

Man, it would have been cool to face PC from the last game in the Ferris Wheel.

Thank goodness for animated sprites.

But, uh...what the hell is this thing?

659.gif

Did someone evolve their Garbodor? Pokestar Studios has some weird creatures.

Brycen is battle-able in PokeWood too, and he's even got a cool laugh.

He's also our first Psychic/Dark Pokemon, lol.

Looking at some of the sprites, I noticed a goof up with Skyla's right leg:

096.gif

^It's working now.

I really hope these "non-Pokemon" Pokemon battles will translate to outside the game in the future....how cool it would have been to just battle the Shadow Triad. Their Pokemon just make them look lame.

There's still some "interesting" stuff in the Ferris Wheel. :p

Saw this the other day:

HqPa3.jpg

According to a poster at ANN, the dialogue goes more or less like this:

Preschool Teacher:
Whew... it's so hot and sticky in here, I shouldn't have worn this apron
I'm sweating so much my shirt is sticking to my body... H-hey! You're looking at the scenery... right?
Oh no... my body is all sticky from sweat now...
It is summer.. I shouldn't have done this after all...
Hey.. you should remove your shirt too...
There's nothing to be embarrassed about.. after all, we're both boys... right?
Reading that... wow.
Here's the rest of the dialogue for that.
Or didn't I tell you that I'm a boy?
My current workplace only accepts women, but I still wanted to help.
And so I was told that if I worked as a woman, I could be accepted.
...... ...... ......right. But it's a job I wanted so much.
If you don't keep trying even when you're told no, then it's a waste, right?
Hehehe... [B2W2], somehow you've cheered me up! Thanks!

Looking at some of the sprites, I noticed a goof up with Skyla's right leg:

096.gif

Obviously she uses her foot to put that leg-band on. But seriously, what a goofy goof-up. xD; I wonder if they'll fix that for foreign releases...

Ah, just noticed Denzi's new sprite. D8 He not sitting anymore. Nooo, why would they do that...

Last edited:
Long after this, if you have captured all of N's Pokémon, you will be able to rechallenge N as he wonders about the previous game's Trainer and if he achieved his dream. The team N uses changes on subsequent rebattles and all focuses on a different type of weather and are based on the season. Spring he uses his Water-type team, Summer his Fire-type team, Autumn his Sandstorm-team and Winter his Ice-type team. The battles are incredibly tough, and the weather is set up instantly using the lead Pokémon's ability. He can be rebattled at will.

Well, this'll be fun.

Talk about derailing a character. Why on earth would he stay in his castle to re-challenge the player character? I know he says he doesn't mind the idea of battles now, but this is totally stretching it. I'm just hoping most of the post-game is non-canon.

Talk about derailing a character. Why on earth would he stay in his castle to re-challenge the player character? I know he says he doesn't mind the idea of battles now, but this is totally stretching it. I'm just hoping most of the post-game is non-canon.

Maybe he's merely meeting the PC there and not so much staying. Plus, it does give us a good excuse to explore the castle more than in BW1 so that's an up.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom