• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character Discussion Thread

Okay, well then maybe there's some Gameplay and Story Segregation going on here.

The Shadow Triad are also rematchable every season, although I can't imagine why. Like other games, I'd be willing to bet that most of the post-game will not be considered canon should B2W2's events be referenced in a future game.

Post-game should only be considered non-canon if it directly contradicts something else. I'd say the first match for the Shadow Triad could be canon but the rest is just for the sake of battling....unless your theory is the Shadow Triad is stalking the PC for what they did to Ghetsis.

As for N, at least now I know why that B/W Roster had a list for N having four elemental teams. I don't know why I didn't put it together that it was weather teams.
Talk about derailing a character. Why on earth would he stay in his castle to re-challenge the player character? I know he says he doesn't mind the idea of battles now, but this is totally stretching it. I'm just hoping most of the post-game is non-canon.

The battles are after you catch every single one of his B/W Pokemon plus the ones who made a cameo in the openning sequence. It's not as if he said "I'm gonna go off now! Bye!" and stayed, he actually did leave.

What would have been awesome though is if they had walking Pokemon return, or at least the animation for battle so that the Pokemon enter the battles from the side like trainers do rather than out of a Pokeball for N.

Last edited:
The battles are after you catch every single one of his B/W Pokemon plus the ones who made a cameo in the openning sequence. It's not as if he said "I'm gonna go off now! Bye!" and stayed, he actually did leave.
His dialogue makes no indication of that: "Did their dream come true... And will we ever meet again... I will set out on a journey again." It certainly doesn't seem that he's left Unova since he released his dragon.

Long after this, if you have captured all of N's Pokémon, you will be able to rechallenge N as he wonders about the previous game's Trainer and if he achieved his dream. The team N uses changes on subsequent rebattles and all focuses on a different type of weather and are based on the season. Spring he uses his Water-type team, Summer his Fire-type team, Autumn his Sandstorm-team and Winter his Ice-type team. The battles are incredibly tough, and the weather is set up instantly using the lead Pokémon's ability. He can be rebattled at will.

Am I the only one who thinks this is cool? I mean, yeah, it's a little odd that N would stay around like that, but getting to rematch a character like N with 4 different weather teams sounds awesome to me!

Well, quite frankly I'm torn between being annoyed with the plot and finally having a good use for a team of level 100 Pokemon.

N is just being Metagame savvy :/

I guess him being battled like this at the very end makes him basically BW2's version of Red/Steven.

But, uh...what the hell is this thing?

659.gif

Its the Original Dragon! : D Dragon/Poison type.

Or... its the anti-Kami that is against all nature that opposes the real nature based Kami. Seriously though, that could have been used as a poison Pokemon with the ability levitate.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone's mentioned this yet but....Red's hair has been retcon'd back to its original black colour from his Gen I days.....

I guess I kind of see it in his OW sprite, but I don't really notice any difference between his HGSS and B2W2 battle sprites.
That's because they barely show any hair in his battle sprite. What's weird though is that the side view also shows that his hair is a bit spiker compared to his HgSs one, but again, you can't see it at the front. I don't know what's with Game Freak and reworking the sprite in every angle except the front.

His HgSs battlesprite has black hair as well, or at least none of the brown can be seen.

EDIT: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...i-net-Black-2-White-2-Discovery-Thread/page15

According to Serebii, N's AI is supposed to be incredibly good, even outside of Challenge Mode. I guess that goes hand in hand with him being a genius. Evidently, one of the triggers for this battle is also to have spent time with him on the Ferris Wheel? So much for "I'm going to look for Hilbert/Hilda!"--though perhaps he was looking and just couldn't find them. Or had no affordable way to leave Unova without his dragon.

EDIT 2: http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/po...-2/#en-us/characters/gymleader/details-marlon
Apparently, their attempt at Shizui's accent is to just give him an informal way of talkin'...so its not really an accent so much as a register.

His easygoing demeanor hides some profound philosophical thinking about Pokémon and life.

I really can't help but laugh since this keeps reminding me of Shizui basically saying "no" to when he was asked if he was going to help with the Plasma Frigate. Also, favourite quote: "'Cause the ocean accepts all rivers!"

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree, N's character was totally derailed.

I mean, why in the world would a socially-awkward man-child spend his time raising four competitive, Smogon-viable teams?

I mean, why in the world would a socially-awkward man-child spend his time raising four competitive, Smogon-viable teams?

Is this like a trick question? I'm just kidding... don't attack me smogonites :p (if any are here).

The main problem with N's post game development is the lack of Hilda/Hilbert since they were central to his character growth in BW. I hope that they plan on rectifying this in the future, but I dunno if they even have any more plans for N's character or not.

If we never see H/H again, that will be enough for me. If they can make Red isolate himself at Mt. Silver, and then suddenly he counts as a Champion for the World Tournament, I don't see why N can't stick around without complaints. I think it's pretty neat, I look forward to facing his teams. As long as he's nothing like Mystrial from PBR, I'll be happy to face him.

The Outrage said:
EDIT 2: http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/po...-2/#en-us/characters/gymleader/details-marlon
Apparently, their attempt at Shizui's accent is to just give him an informal way of talkin'...so its not really an accent so much as a register.

His easygoing demeanor hides some profound philosophical thinking about Pokémon and life.
I really can't help but laugh since this keeps reminding me of Shizui basically saying "no" to when he was asked if he was going to help with the Plasma Frigate. Also, favourite quote: "'Cause the ocean accepts all rivers!"

So, that means Shizui is obfuscating stupidity? hat's pretty neat.

Last edited:
@FairyRed;
I doubt he's obfuscating stupidity, that implies he's smart but acting dumb to hide it. I think its more likely that his natural demeanor results in people assuming he isn't very smart, but Shizui isn't actually hiding anything, and his intelligence and wisdom would show if people spend time getting to know him.

EDIT:
According to Bulbapedia, Cheren's Gym Leader title is "The Person who Seeks Truth" but I'm really interested in seeing whether this title changes between versions. It seems that a lot of the coverage is biased towards Black version, so I'd like to see the White version one as well.

Last edited:
Dude, just got back from TV Tropes again. o_o; Does Big-G really try to

murder the player character?! Tell me TV Tropes is exaggerating, like they usually do. Man, if shits about to get intense like that, I better speed up my own B2W2 play-through!

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom