• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character Discussion Thread

Indeed, how exactly are the two translations "different"? How did Treehouse do better? They were clearly cracking in DPPt, with stupid memes snuck in here and there.

I dunno if its mentioned but I was wondering if Hugh is from Johto. The reason I ask is cause the same exact words he uses for how to treat Pokemon is used by the running guy in Cherrygrove in SS, and I was wondering if that could mean his grandfather is him. Although that would imply the running guy is now dead, but it does hint that B2W2 and BW take some place between 3-8 years after HGSSPt.

Something along the line of "And remember,above all treat your Pokemon with the utmost love and respect!" Its one of those lines that sticks, and the way both are said as a reminder to the players are way too coincidental.

Something along the line of "And remember,above all treat your Pokemon with the utmost love and respect!" Its one of those lines that sticks, and the way both are said as a reminder to the players are way too coincidental.
Is that from the end of the game? Bulbapedia has all his quotes up until Victory Road, and I don't see anything about love or respect.

Oh god I got confused, but yeah its basically how the sister says to take care of your Pokemon really really well. It just reminded me of that when I got to cherrygrove.

kamitsure.png

So does someone want to define "packing on the pounds" for me? Because I'm just not seeing it.

And no, Elesa did not quit her modelling career in B2W2.
maybe someone got the wrong idea with her jacket and thought her weight was all in her arms?

Homegirl is mad stylish though, but Marlon or Drayden are my favorite Gym Leaders. Drayden's beard game is insane

Well, we know what Alder's dead partner was now. And I'm happy my theory on it was correct.
View attachment 79510

More context on the quote?

Though it wasn't really that hard to figure out...even though Alder's family make Volcarona look like common Caterpie. I wonder why he calls it Larvesta first before correcting himself. Maybe it died very shortly after evolution.

Must suck for his second Volcarona being a replacement.

There's also a bit of inconsistency with the quotes (translated from Japanese text):
Ghetsis: Oh my, so this is the Champion Alder. You lost a long-time Pokémon partner of yours to illness some years back.

N:You lost a Pokémon to illness years ago, a partner. You wandered Unova searching for something to fill that hole... It's been quite some time since you last earnestly fought, hasn't it? That part of you may despise it, but... As one far, far stronger than the Champion, I shall give Unova an order. An order to all Trainers, to release their Pokémon!

It's weird Alder calls it Larvesta. I'm wondering if it died shortly after he became Champion?

Eggs. Actually, Alder's current Volcarona could just be his partner's offspring. Maybe Alder's family is sort of a clan that raises Larvesta/Volcarona. Not unlike Blackthorn's dragon clan.

I think Alder calls his partner Larvesta evocating the start of his journey. I mean, your partner could be Serperior, but you started your journey with a Snivy and that won't change.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom