• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character Discussion Thread

Re: Revealed Gym Leaders Thread: Nay or Yay?

Maybe the mother refuses to treat your wounds.

Or you don't have mother oO.

Or Ur mother is a gym leader and she has no time! XD :p

Pokémon Smash has confirmed that Homika has a Koffing when she appears in the anime.

I'm glad that pre gen 5 pokemon in the anime are coming back

In my opinion, there is a gym at Hiougi for sure.
I'm pretty sure someone already have pointed this out, but:

B2W2_Hiougi_City_Center.png

1 - The Pokémon Center.
2 - The two Pokéball statues in both sides of the school. We can see the similar statues in Shizui's Gym:

shizui3.png

Dent's Gym:

22.png

So yeah, the first Gym is in Hiougi City.

Attachments

• B2W2_Hiougi_City_Center.png
    118.8 KB · Views: 115

That doesn't mean it is the first gym. We used to have to skip gyms a lot in the past.

Gen 1: Viridian
Gen 3: Petalburg
Gen 4: Hearthome(DP only)

That doesn't mean it is the first gym. We used to have to skip gyms a lot in the past.

Gen 1: Viridian
Gen 3: Petalburg
Gen 4: Hearthome(DP only)

You are right. It can be the second, third or even the last.
But this is also the first time we get to see a Gym at Protagonist's city. Things may play different in this game.

Maybe the mother refuses to treat your wounds.

Or you don't have mother oO.

The mom in Generation 2 did not heal you up either, so perhaps the saving money feature is making a return.

Or Ur mother is a gym leader and she has no time! XD :p

I would actually like this, being the son/daughter of a Gym leader was kinda fun back in Gen 3.

In my opinion, there is a gym at Hiougi for sure.
I'm pretty sure someone already have pointed this out, but:

1 - The Pokémon Center.
2 - The two Pokéball statues in both sides of the school. We can see the similar statues in Shizui's Gym:

shizui3.png

Dent's Gym:

22.png

So yeah, the first Gym is in Hiougi City.

I wrote this a page or 2 ago, and it's quite possible ! And when U count all the cities, there aren't enough there!
And maybe even Akumaro is a GL, and he could be a fighting type trainer! or steel! ?

Last edited:
Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

If Shizui is a Gym leader then the Triplets can't because if there was and you picked Tepig there would be 2 Water-type Gym leaders.

Gah! I was wrong about Shizui being black now that we have clearer artwork of him. The rival seems to give me both a Gary and Silver vibe to him, which everyone here wants rivals to be more like.

I don't want a Blue/Silver rival. :< Barry and Bianca were my faves for their non-stereotype-rival-ness.

Is it just me, or does rival guy have a pink C-gear? Seems a bit odd for a male character...
Maybe it was his sister's D:

I hope they aren't going with the Dead Little Sister trope. Seems a bit too dark for Pokemon.

Anime!Mewtwo's backstory. More sad than dark, but it's happened before.

Personally, I think Cheren and Gary are the two best rivals we've had. Gary because, I mean, come on, he's Gary mf'n Oak! And Cheren, because he's actually your childhood friend, but he seems to actually be competent when it comes to Pokemon, unlike Bianca or to an extent Barry. I personally think this new rival is going to be some middle ground between Cheren and Gary, still a childhood friend (instead of having been your rival since you were babies), but also probably a little more rough around the edges than the clean-cut Cheren was. I think I would really enjoy having a rival like that.

Do you think the third starter will be picked and battled against? That's the reason why I loved having two rivals. If only that one guy was shown to be a rival, who would take the other starter? (the opposite gender PC?)

I'm calling it now, Shizui moved to Poke-New York/Jersey from Poke-California and has a surfer accent (at least in the English version.)

Is it just me, or does rival guy have a pink C-gear? Seems a bit odd for a male character...
Maybe it was his sister's D:

I hope they aren't going with the Dead Little Sister trope. Seems a bit too dark for Pokemon.

Anime!Mewtwo's backstory. More sad than dark, but it's happened before.

I meant for the games, but thankfully this wasn't the case, seeing as his little sister is alive and well.

I say YAY! The Poison leader is just plain awesome! And sure, the new Water guy is yet another manservice character, but I think he has potential as a character. :D

But if either of them replace my dear Elesa, there'll be Hell to pay.

Personally, I think Cheren and Gary are the two best rivals we've had. Gary because, I mean, come on, he's Gary mf'n Oak! And Cheren, because he's actually your childhood friend, but he seems to actually be competent when it comes to Pokemon, unlike Bianca or to an extent Barry. I personally think this new rival is going to be some middle ground between Cheren and Gary, still a childhood friend (instead of having been your rival since you were babies), but also probably a little more rough around the edges than the clean-cut Cheren was. I think I would really enjoy having a rival like that.

I agree about Cheren.
But Blue was a big fail, in my opinion. Silver was way better as motherf*cker

How can someone not say yay for she?

tumblr_m2j7y7SsOA1qa41k6o1_500.png

Re: Professor Akuroma

I don't think he'll be apart of Team Plasma... Well, maybe, but I don't think he'll be the main villain.

If Homika's going to be the first gym leader, then they better have a Psychic or Ground type available near her place. Muuna seems more likely.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom