• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character Discussion Thread

Re: Revealed Gym Leaders Thread: Nay or Yay?

Pokemon Smash has just aired and showed a walktrough. But they didn't show the main character going in the Trainer School. I think i would be right about trainer school beeing a Gym.

Pokemon Smash has just aired and showed a walktrough. But they didn't show the main character going in the Trainer School. I think i would be right about trainer school beeing a Gym.

That would be a nice call back to gen III since Roxanne's gym was technically on the campus of the Rustboro Trainer school.

That would be a nice call back to gen III since Roxanne's gym was technically on the campus of the Rustboro Trainer school.

Yeah. And if Homika is the first leader, they would be describe her as the first gym leader, like Dento/Cilan was before release. I also would see the champion to be a rock type, and a teacher, since it's a school, like Roxanne was.

Homika is most likely to be the second leader, imo...

I honestly hate the new gym leaders, and a poison type gym battle sounds boring. poison types are my least facorite types. but the characteristic about the gym leader being a rock star-ish person sounds cool.

the water type leader? I dunno. he sort of reminds me of Crasher Wake from gen 4 for some reason. I'd prefer Cress.

I hope the other gym leaders stay the same.

We barely know something about Shizui and he already have more personality and presence than Cress.

We barely know something about Shizui and he already have more personality and presence than Cress.

The website also implies he'll be playing some sort of role outside of being a simple gym leader since it mentions him giving advice to the PC.

Yeah. Cress is great but I am all for new, interesting characters that'll actually contribute to the story.

Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

His sister is alive and seemingly well...you see her with the Rival in the intro walkthrough on Smash.

I'm guessing he wants to win the League for her to impress her simply or something.

I really hope this is the first gen with an evil professor and possibly an evil (or at least Silver-esque) rival.

For one thing, they like strength. In Pokemon games, this is a sign that you are literally worse than the devil. The rival is all mysterious and shit, but he's a childhood friend, so I don't know if they'll go the anime route of an evil childhood friend or not but hey, whatever.

The professor, on the other hand, is just a Team boss waiting to happen. Look at this motherfucker. He's ~mysterious~ and you can't quite put your finger on him in addition to researching strength, strike 1. His name is apparently taken from "achromatic", which is just begging to be an evil pun so that's strike 2. Most damning of all, he looks like Albert Wesker, strike 3.

Re: Professor Akuroma

The only way he could be more blatantly evil is if lightning struck in the background whenever you spoke to him.

He is literally Albert Wesker with dumb blue cowlicks.

img_chara02_01.jpg

I wonder if the book is relevant?

The texture of the book definitely gives off a historic vibe. It more than likely ties back to Kyurem and its origin.

The only way he could be more blatantly evil is if lightning struck in the background whenever you spoke to him.

He is literally Albert Wesker with dumb blue cowlicks.

Complete and Global Saturation!

I'm going to assume we can talk about how BW characters will play a role in BW2 in this thread.

Cheren and Bel will most probably play some kind of important role, I think. We can name our rival in BW2, but in BW, we weren't given the chance to name Cheren and Bel. This has to be because they will play some kind of role in BW2, so their names had to be kept intact.

Is it possible that maybe in Hiough city there is a gym! Maybe the Poison Brat's !??? that would be something new!

We know Homika plays in a club-type gym, not a school. If its a gym, there's a third gym leader we haven't seen yet.

I'm going to assume we can talk about how BW characters will play a role in BW2 in this thread.

Why not, if they're characters in BW...though we aren't entirely sure if they're back.

We definitely do get to name our lone rival, and by the looks of it, there isn't a name list which means I have to actually think of something. I don't think their roles would be bigger than cameos though.

@CypherFDP;
The terminology "Pokémon Strength" is ambiguous at best, and isn't synonymous with caring only for strong Pokémon. His line of research seems to examine how to draw out this "Pokémon Strength" so if anything, he may be looking at how to unleash a Pokémon's potential. There is a clear distinction between choosing a Pokemon because it is powerful and training a Pokemon so its strengths shine--the latter of which is what Karen and the Dragon Elder were trying to get at by having you choose based on favourites.

Also, why there is a Pokemon Center in Hyougi City?

I think it's just because it's a large city and not a little town.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom