• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character Discussion Thread

Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

Homika is confirmed to have a Scolipede in the anime. I guess that her signature Pokémon will either be Scolipede or Whirlipede, depending on Game Freak's stance on legal levels (they haven't been very consistent about it). If she uses a Whirlipede, though, the anime is being too misleading in its promotion of the games. But it's telling that Homika still has a Koffing in the anime; I would think that the writers would make it evolve if they did that with Whirlipede.

Or in the Anime she's really just using her rematch team, due to the jump to the position of gym 8.

Tonight's episode of Best Wishes confirms Homika has a Koffing in the games as the first Pokemon she sends out.

Tonight's episode of Best Wishes confirms Homika has a Koffing in the games as the first Pokemon she sends out.

Yep. The video can be seen here. Shows brief Pokewood stuff, but it also shows a little of inside Homika's gym (digging the flashing lights) and her Koffing, as well as the gym battle music.

wwwdotuporg3030402.jpg

Homika is now confirmed to be the second gym leader (look at the badge Ash is holding and then the badge case in image below). So most people guessing that were correct (which was pretty much everyone lol).

homikabadgecase.png

And it looks like Homika is going to have a Koffing and a Garbodor in the anime. But she's going to have two pokemon in the games and three in the anime (iirc) so there's always the chance she might not have the Koffing or the Garbodor in the games.

What's the third badge? It doesn't seem exactly like Burgh's. Burgh's badge is something like in the shape of heart, while this seems like a vertical ellipse.

Edit: Maybe in the scene when you obtain the badge it looks that away. So it's probably Burgh's now. :p

It's the insect badge, the distortion from the rays of light is probably bending its looks. And yeah, the inside of the gym looks nice. As I said this game is looking to be in constant motion, and is likely going to have a more lively world compared to the other games.

Could Shizui be Cress?

Is it possible to have after the Striaton City is frozen over that Cress, Cilan, and Chili went off and became their own gym leaders? Cress could just have changed his name since their Japanese names aren't the same. In the anime, Chili said he would like to make his own gym and that would mean Cress would be alone when Unova is frozen over. Now I know anime is never considered canon but I still am supporting this theory. Plus Shizui's skin color is a tan if you look at his waist he has a noticeable tan line.

Re: Could Shizui be Cress?

Tan or no tan, the two bear absolutely no physical resemblance to each other. So no, there is no possibility they are the same person.

Re: Could Shizui be Cress?

The anime is canon to itself. But the anime and game are practically two different series. What happens in one probably won't happen in the other.

As for Shizui, he looks nothing like Cress, nor does he speak like Cress. From what Umeko's told me, Shizui speaks with a Kyushu accent, something almost no one else has done before in Pokemon, especially not Cress. Shizui also has toned muscles whereas Cress clearly does not.

Oh and lastly, you can see Shizui in a screenshot of the new opening for the anime. So if Shizui and Cress exist in the same series, it's pretty much impossible for them to be the same person.

Even if Cress could change his name, why would he?

Cress putting on a wig and being a part of the Shadow Triad makes more sense than him evolving into Shizui. :/

So Homika definitely has Koffing. I'm guessing that her second pokemon must be either Scolipede or Garbodor. (or possibly their pre evo)

Yep. The video can be seen here. Shows brief Pokewood stuff, but it also shows a little of inside Homika's gym (digging the flashing lights) and her Koffing, as well as the gym battle music.

Cool! The battle music got a remix!

182801_311373108948983_104275624_n.jpg

Ghetsis' return confirmed.

EDIT: Damn it, ninja'd!

Huh, so I was just about to post it and you both beat me to it :p

So now we know that we use N's dragon which Kyurem will obviously use to change forme (before it was speculated, now it's confirmed, I guess). Also, Ghetsis looks funky in black.

Anyone got a translation?

This is VERY interesting... I wonder what's up with Ghetsis' new outfit. Is that some kind of icicle on him?

I had always thought that when N returned, he would be on the side of the player character. Ghetsis' return was hinted at during the end of Black/White anyway.

What I imagine will happen is, N will battle Ghetsis and lose - the resulting battle will cause Kyurem to turn into Black/White Kyurem, absorbing energy from N's dragon (hence why Black Kyurem is the cover Pokémon of Black 2, while Reshiram was Black's mascot).

"zekrom ga oshietekureta kyurem ga kurushindeiruto"

Zekrom tells me that Kyurem was injured.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom